• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't get squads to accept my orders.
Depresses me.

Go to Rush. Squad Order A/B. Beg (literally) someone to accept the orders. If they accept, promote them and say you're gonna spam them to accept orders. If they say "that's fine" start spamming.

Strider

It's been months but I'm downloading this and gonna give it another try. I've heard they've done a lot of work to the 'netcode' so figured why not. Hopefully I won't be dying 10 seconds after I've taken cover now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone willing to help me boost the bombing raid assignment?

I just played for two hours on China Rising and there is always a ridiculous line of people waiting to get in the trailer... dumbest assignment ever.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
if your on xbone I'd offer in return for a second assault assignment. I commited a week to doing nothing but trying to get kills from the towers just to spend a week going ~5/30. I should have been on suicide watch, talk about high blood pressure and temper tantrums.

DarkFlow

Banned
if your on xbone I'd offer in return for a second assault assignment. I commited a week to doing nothing but trying to get kills from the towers just to spend a week going ~5/30. I should have been on suicide watch, talk about high blood pressure and temper tantrums.
I've stopped trying, along with the UCAV. I'm never going to get them.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

What platform are you guys on?
UCAV took a few tries. A lot of tries, actually.
Tower challenge, luckily, went through first try. Lowest platform, L98A1. Respawn beacon.

TheSeks

You don't need to be ON the tower, just IN it.

If you're doing it on Caspian, that's MUUUUUCH easier to trap than Firestorms.

CUAV nerf makes that one pointless anyway. You're not missing out.

Played a game on Paracel Storm last night, it was a clan server and all the clan members were on the other team. This one guy got 70 kills and 0 deaths from flying in the Fantan.

I once got 30-0 doing the same on Lost Islands with JDAMs but god that guy went from being impressive to downright annoying fast.

/salt

Anyone else annoyed Dargon's Teeth comes out around the same time as the Destiny Beta?

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need to be ON the tower, just IN it.

If you're doing it on Caspian, that's MUUUUUCH easier to trap than Firestorms.

Caspian always get blown up in the first minute of the match. Do you mean I can get my 4 kills in it while its on the the ground? That would be a nice work around.

Tried Firestorm again. I swear as soon as 1 enemy knows your up there, the entire opposing team shows up and guards the tower the rest of the game.

Parcel storm chopper ho's are the hardest to swat. I love hiding on E with c4 at the chopper spawn. If I'm having a bad game, and see a chopper ho, I'll resort to doing this the whole match. Nothing is more satisfying than watching the same guy spawn in E waiting for the chopper over and over, only to blow him up as soon as he gets in over and over.

TheSeks

Caspian always get blown up in the first minute of the match. Do you mean I can get my 4 kills in it while its on the the ground? That would be a nice work around.

No. Faceless posted his ordeal about it back in February or so. You'd have to look back.

The basic gist is:

-The ENTIRE tower on Caspian counts. The TOWER itself has to stay up. If it's down the BUILDING/underground will count (not all of it probably but the area where the tower was/the ladder up to the elevator will count, IIRC)
-SNIPER DOES NOT HAVE TO BE USED FOR THE KILLS. Use a G36C or another carbine, or a shotgun, or any other weapon. You only need kills from/in the tower. Once you've got those, you can get your sniper kills from ANYWHERE ELSE on the map.

Double-dipped on PS4.

No regrets.

Holy shit, you killed someone. :eek:!

Tubie

Tried Firestorm again. I swear as soon as 1 enemy knows your up there, the entire opposing team shows up and guards the tower the rest of the game.

I got it on Firestorm in a Hardcore server, on my first try that way. I must've been super lucky or something because it felt super easy that way. I was even able to stay up and go 12-0 in the tower before someone finally sniped me out of it.

I don't know how people like Hardcore, its a sniper/camper nightmare.

terrible

Banned
I'm late to this party, but I feel like suppression is partly there to solve the problem of sniper stalemates, and it doesn't really do a great job of it anymore. DICE is probably going to balance the suppression nerf with an accuracy buff, and turn the LMG into the same old boring weapon it is in every other FPS, which is a shame. And it still doesn't solve the wookie problem because the idea was to suppress on the move instead of laying down the pod and getting into protracted counter-sniper battles.

And I don't know why they took smoke mortars out. It sure would have came in handy on some of the really crappy Rush maps.

The only real way to fix the sniper problem that I can think of would be to allow custom servers to set class limits. Snipers themselves are very balanced, if anything they may be a bit underpowered. It's the sheer quantity of them in each match that makes them annoying I find.

That's just my opinion though.

Evolved1

The only real way to fix the sniper problem that I can think of would be to allow custom servers to set class limits. Snipers themselves are very balanced, if anything they may be a bit underpowered. It's the sheer quantity of them in each match that makes them annoying I find.

That's just my opinion though.

I find myself (aggressive-play) sniping quite a bit lately just because there are so many of them. They are annoying.

TheSeks

Nearly done with the M39 DMR. About ~9 more headshots to get. Then it leaves the Chinese DMR and their respective carbines for the Chinese/'Merica assignments.

Then I gotta do Shotguns and finishing the Swedish assignment. Oy. I'm not looking forward to having to carry around the Chinese DMR for a while.

meppi

I find myself (aggressive-play) sniping quite a bit lately just because there are so many of them. They are annoying.

I would actually like it if they just removed the DMRs from the game.
Such a shitty spammy weapon. :-/
Then I wouldn't have any problems with actual snipers or their numbers on a given map.
It's really the pew pew pew that drives me crazy from these noobs.

Great games btw. You did miss this one as it happened in the game after you left. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQfRYVEzJaY

Evolved1

I would actually like it if they just removed the DMRs from the game.
Such a shitty spammy weapon. :-/
Then I wouldn't have any problems with actual snipers or their numbers on a given map.
It's really the pew pew pew that drives me crazy from these noobs.

Great games btw. You did miss this one as it happened in the game after you left. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQfRYVEzJaY

That was not luck my friend... that's just BC2 skill in your DNA. Remember the good ol' days when you actually had to aim rockets? Yes, yes you do.

lol

for those trying to get the eagles nest assignment. here's my 2c

works for either map

look for a server with low player count + high ticket count. This will give you less people trying to bring the tower down (in Caspian) and longer to get the assignment done.
hard-core helps you stay alive longer also (no mini map)

run recon with claymores + magnum hand gun
go up the tower, if there is someone else there shoot in back with rifle rather than melee.
lay claymore at elevator/ ladder

if someone else takes control of the tower and is doing this, switch to another class like assault and take him out.
repeat.

if your no good with the sniper rifle, use SRAWs from a tower.

by starting with a low player count, you can focus on getting the kills from the tower, then by the time you have those under your belt, the server will be filling up allowing you to move around and get the sniper ribbon

meppi

That was not luck my friend... that's just BC2 skill in your DNA. Remember the good ol' days when you actually had to aim rockets? Yes, yes you do.

lol

Hehe, well at least there's something decent in this game underneath all the tons of dirt. ;)

Just felt like: "there he is, there he is, there he.... nope, he's gonna be there! blame!" and holy crap, he actually was.
With a shot like that, I normally never even stand there and watch to see how close it'll get, but I somehow needed to do that for this one.
You can see I was even too shocked to tbag the poor bastards. ;)

About 5 seconds later mancunian shot down the second chopper that was heading straight for us, but I was still out of it, so I didn't even realise it before it was down, so I didn't capture that one...

I did that assignment on Operation Firestorm. Landed on the very top of the tower from helicopter jump. There's a bit you can land on that isn't affected if someone sets off the burner. From there you're in quite a good position; especially for sniping people on the rooftops of the warehouses.

TheSeks

vFP9u0E.jpg

I really hope/wish DICE keeps this effect, even if it's just a hidden console option. It's amusing as hell to see "firework" particle effects from grenades and RPG hits.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Battlelog says:
WE ARE PERFORMING A PATCH RELEASE MAINTENANCE FOR PS4 ON JULY 8TH AT 2:30AM PT / 11:30 CEST. MULTIPLAYER AND BATTLELOG WILL BE UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. EXPECTED DOWNTIME IS 1 HOUR. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
So there's a patch coming soon. :0

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Wait, today is the 7th

tomorrow is the 8th

oh man we're getting close

Holy shit, amazing night of Obliteration.
I fucking love this mode.
One game (PStorm) we armed two points within about 7 minutes, enemy team snagged the bomb and took it back to their carrier and tried to go for kills. Lame, but hah we won anyway.

1.03GB Patch is out for PC

Dragon's Teeth weapons/assignments are on Battlelog as well.

http://i.minus.com/iZOjxUu0KixZF.PNG[IMG]

is it next Tuesday yet

edit: forgot to say that we can go up to Level 130 now![/QUOTE]

Yes! It's happening!

[quote="PROGRAM_IX, post: 119991556"]Classic Seks hate.[/QUOTE]

You need to show Seks that you've become a bomb hunting killing machine.

But with a hint of lost humanity.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'm not looking forward to the ballistic shield.
Thanks to the CTE it already got nerfed hard.

No patch notes yet =/
(PS4) They changed the order of the DLCs list when you go into Quick Match>Game Mode. Now China Rising is the second on the list not the third.

It's like someone at DICE has OCD like me and was bothered by that! Best change of this patch by far lol.
Another change i read about was a new icon for the Battle Pick Ups, hopefully they can actually be picked up now.

Tubie

(PS4) They changed the order of the DLCs list when you go into Quick Match>Game Mode. Now China Rising is the second on the list not the third.

It's like someone at DICE has OCD like me and was bothered by that! Best change of this patch by far lol.

Yeah but did they fix the list of maps in the server browser not being all capped uniformly?

AmyS

Downloading the 1733 MB update / patch for PS4 now.

Will this do anything to the single player campaign ?

edit:

Apparently CTF has been reduced to 32 players.

Yes that is true [ on PS4 in NA here] CTF is now 32 players on all the Second Assault maps. I checked U.S. East, U.S. West and Europe servers.

Just applied for the PS4GAF platoon. Looking forward to squadding up with you fellow dudes and dude-ettes!

I normally play either right after work 5:30-7:00pm or before I go to sleep 10-12am EST and at random times on the weekend.

PSN: mashbaugh67

Top Bottom