• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
oh man this patch just deleted the 3hrs I put into the campaign yesterday. WTF! I'm so sick of beating this campaign over and over trying to get the saves not to disappear just to get the dang assignments.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Patch Notes (XBone version)

Xbox One Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

GENERAL:
-Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit
-Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level
-Fix for a crash that could occur when a player left a round
-Added a 15 seconds warm-up timer for all Official games
-Fix for an issue that would cause the Squad Join (Beta) feature to loose functionality after a player has suspended the game while creating a squad, and returns to the game
-Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman
-Fix for an issue where a squad leader would kick a member from the squad, but the slot wouldn’t become available for others to join
-Option added for double tap forward to sprint (when on foot)

GRAPHICAL:
-Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water

MODES:
-Added Conquest Small on Xbox One
-Added a competitive Obliteration game mode

SERVERS:
-Server Browser support added to Squad Join (Beta)
-Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn’t ban players that had clan tags
-Fix for an issue where server administrators would be able to set password longer than the max allowed characters
-Fix for an issue that could cause the game to freeze while in the My Rental Server menu

USER INTERFACE:
-Fix for an issue where the Squad Join (Beta) feature wouldn’t display squad members presence correctly
-Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode
-Added user interface options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity
-Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn’t displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode
-Fix for an issue where an incorrect message would be displayed on the first Xbox One if a user decided to sign-in on a second Xbox One
-Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so the right one is not obstructed

VEHICLES:
-Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier
-Adjusted the PWC physics so it drives/controls more nicely in all water levels
-Option added for double tap forward to boost (when driving a vehicle)
-Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag

WEAPONS:
-Fix for an issue where a weapon would flail wildly after a player would die
-Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver
-Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing “pump action” animation in 3rd person while crouching
-Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in
-Fixed the bipod animations for MTAR-21
-Foregrip in 3rd person now has hand in the correct position on M416/M417
-Fix for a broken animation when switching to AWS as main weapon

Xbox 360 Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

COMMANDER APP:
-Various bug fixes

GENERAL:
- Crash on Dawnbreaker fixed.
-Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit
-Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level
-Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman
-Fix for an issue where a squad leader would kick a member from the squad, but the slot wouldn’t become available for others to join

GRAPHICAL:
-Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water

MODES:
- Added a competitive Obliteration game mode

SERVERS:
-Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn’t ban players that had clan tags
-Fix for an issue that could cause the game to freeze while in the My Rental Server menu

USER INTERFACE:
-Fix for an issue where the Squad Join (Beta) feature wouldn’t display squad members presence correctly
-Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode
-Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn’t displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode

VEHICLES:
-Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag
-Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier

WEAPONS:
-Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver
-Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing “pump action” animation in 3rd person while crouching
-Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
PS4 Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes (I think they're the exact same as the Xbone)

COMMANDER APP:
-Various bug fixes

GENERAL:

GRAPHICAL:

MODES:
-Added Conquest Small on PlayStation 4

SERVERS:

USER INTERFACE:

VEHICLES:

WEAPONS:

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
someone post the pc patchnotes please

PC Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

COMMANDER APP:
-Various bug fixes

GENERAL:
-Created a user interface for tweaking the joystick dead zone on PC because the lack of it was preventing some players to use their joysticks

GRAPHICAL:
-Fix for an issue where Mantle users would receive a low frame rate when running the default Mantle multi-GPU settings

MODES:

SERVERS:

USER INTERFACE:

VEHICLES:
-Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier (for joystick)

WEAPONS:

AmyS

Unless I misunderstood, it was mentioned a few days ago in this thread that for Community Test Environment (only on PC) a patch unlocked all the weapons for the single player campaign. Is that true, and if so, will that at some point get patched into BF4 for everyone on PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3 ?

I meant this:

I'm so happy :D

All campaign weapons unlocked! For the longest time those slots have been locked up! Now I can focus on finishing the shotties, DMR's, and the damn DLC sniper!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118447673&postcount=6980

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Unless I misunderstood, it was mentioned a few days ago in this thread that for Community Test Environment (only on PC) a patch unlocked all the weapons for the single player campaign. Is that true, and if so, will that at some point get patched into BF4 for everyone on PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3 ?

I meant this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118447673&postcount=6980
I was just freaking out because I finally got through the entire campaign without it crashing/deleting my saves. I don't know if the CTE will lead to those weapons being unlocked for everyone.

Heads up - Applied for the Console Platoon. I'm a late nighter.

AmyS

I was just freaking out because I finally got through the entire campaign without it crashing/deleting my saves. I don't know if the CTE will lead to those weapons being unlocked for everyone.

Ah thanks, the clarification is appreciated.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Unless Sabo competitive's changed (NO ONE PLAYED IT ON CTE MORE THAN A FEW ROUNDS) the fact it's A/B/C IN ORDER only (which IIRC did get changed but I'm not sure) kills that mode. Otherwise, it's very fun infantry only (though the maps are still HUEG) with ATV carriers only. Makes for an interesting mode and I suggest people try it out just to see the change of pace from normal Sabotage.

Though I'm not sure if I want it to replace normal Sabotage.

PC patch notes said:
SERVERS:

OH DICE™

PC patch notes said:
-Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier (for joystick)

Finally, though the jetski on Paracel is VERY rough on your back (solider back) now, damn camera bobs up and down from the rough waves. Oof.

TheSeks

To double post for CTE's patch day:

CTE said:
FLOOD ZONE – CTE PREMIERE

- Completely redid the Rush layout. It’s now reversed with the finale on the rooftops
- MCOMs, flags, spawns and combat areas all redone
- Removed all vehicles (infantry only now)
- Removed all emplaced weapons and battle pickups
- Disabled paradrop on spawn beacon in Rush specifically
- Levolution set-piece (Flood) no longer automatically triggered. Can’t be triggered before base 3 (due to being out of bounds)
- Placed some additional cover in the Rush layer
- Fixed some art related glitches (floating graffiti, floating trash etc.)

:eek:! :O! :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should be fun to try.

pls stop shitting up the thread thanks in advance

Nlozq9Q.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Any XB1 people wanna play tonight around 8pm Pacific? Hit me up. My gamertag = kittens dx.

TheSeks

The patchnotes are on Battlelog's blog post. Per platform because they posted them in platform specific forums. :/

JJD

Question: how does Conquest Small play?

Have you played the PS3 and 360 version of BF3 or 4?

I might be mistaken but the map layout is pretty much the same but instead of 24 players Conquest Small has 32.

It's a pretty good fit for some maps. I fucking loved Metro with just 24 players. With 64 it's a clusterfuck.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

I might be mistaken but the map layout is pretty much the same but instead of 24 players Conquest Small has 32.

It's a pretty good fit for some maps. I fucking loved Metro with just 24 players. With 64 it's a clusterfuck.
See, op metro/op locker run awesome with 32. I always try to find 32 player dom servers with those.
64? lolno.

Other maps... I can't see that working.

Also, Were they trying the obliteration changes because of OpLocker? You basically have to go A-B-C on that map because they're in a straight line. Did they decide that was more competitive for some reason?

Ferny

I can't believe that resetting campaign progress bug is still in there :-/ trying to go for a full 1000G seems very unlikely at this point.

terrible

Banned

Yeah it was always playable on 360 with 24 players, though in my opinion still pretty boring. I have never tried it with 32 players but it's probably the same as with 24. I don't even know why it exists with 64 players though. Unplayable.

Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so the right one is not obstructed

I can't believe how long it took for this to get sorted.

Boggles my mind that they bothered with the tags for difficult challenges if nobody could see them.

Don't see any mention of bipod fixes outside of the MTAR.

On PS4 I can't deploy a bipod on any weapon if I've been killed and then revived. Kind of annoying when you have a weapon like the M240B that is effective for hundreds of metres with a bipod deployed or at fifty metres without.

Metro wasn't awful in BF3. It certainly wasn't as one-sided as it is now. If you spawn on the US side, you are almost guaranteed a loss, and you might as well quit the server because you will never switch sides.

On PS4 I can't deploy a bipod on any weapon if I've been killed and then revived. Kind of annoying when you have a weapon like the M240B that is effective for hundreds of metres with a bipod deployed or at fifty metres without.

I had a bug eventually crop up in BF3 where I couldn't ever deploy a bipod on any gun. I made do with ADS on my PKP, but it was really frustrating when it just wouldn't activate. I don't think I've had it happen in BF4.

The M240B, is that the weapon you get from the SP? Fuck you, DICE. I certainly hope they just unlock those weapons for everyone. I'm tired of continually losing my progress and I'm not jumping through hoops to play your shitty campaign.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Metro wasn't awful in BF3. It certainly wasn't as one-sided as it is now. If you spawn on the US side, you are almost guaranteed a loss, and you might as well quit the server because you will never switch sides.

I had a bug eventually crop up in BF3 where I couldn't ever deploy a bipod on any gun. I made do with ADS on my PKP, but it was really frustrating when it just wouldn't activate. I don't think I've had it happen in BF4.

The M240B, is that the weapon you get from the SP? Fuck you, DICE. I certainly hope they just unlock those weapons for everyone. I'm tired of continually losing my progress and I'm not jumping through hoops to play your shitty campaign.

No the LMG you get unlock in singleplayer is the M249 (one of the best lmgs really)

I managed to get it only after I completed the campaign in an afternoon.

But I really, really hope I don't have to play it all again to get the P90 and that chinese assualt rifle.

meppi

lol.

I was having issues on that sever, wouldn't let me switch sides or even join a different squad. I could throw C4 but couldn't detonate it. And my bipod was stuck deployed even when I was running around. So weird.

I thought I recorded it, but the video apparently didn't save to the HDD.

Just a friendly way to say hello. ;)

Had some similar issues after the update.
Certain clips didn't save even though I hit the correct buttons.
Could join the squad, but never was able to leave it and create another one.
But others were able to join even though it was set to private. Some really weird things going on last night.
One match I was on top and everything worked like it should, the next I couldn't hit anything at all and ended up 18th or so. :-/

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Heli-Bopping has to be one of the funnest things ever.

Also, I'm loving CQSmall. Snipers do fuck things up a LITTLE more than usual, but i feel the fights are more concentrated for some reason.
More people following orders and hard battles happening over points as opposed to 3 guys here 4 guys over there oh there's a tank guy over there not really doing anything.

Maybe I was just lucky to hit good teams last night.
in fact, that's probably the case.

Obliteration is slowly becoming my favorite gamemode.

Top Bottom