• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
No the LMG you get unlock in singleplayer is the M249 (one of the best lmgs really)

I managed to get it only after I completed the campaign in an afternoon.

But I really, really hope I don't have to play it all again to get the P90 and that chinese assualt rifle.

You just have to replay the last mission again for each. It's a pain because of all the stupid in-game cutscenes, but it's not the whole campaign.

meppi

Wtf is up with this shitty company!
Since this last patch I seem to have lost the ability to team switch or even leave or join a squad.

Was joking about it yesterday, wondering what they would break next.
Guess we didn't have to wait long to find out.

Fuck EA/DICE! >:-(

Wtf is up with this shitty company!
Since this last patch I seem to have lost the ability to team switch or even leave or join a squad.

Was joking about it yesterday, wondering what they would break next.
Guess we didn't have to wait long to find out.

Fuck EA/DICE! >:-(

Last night I was in a two-man squad that became inexplicably marked Private, from which I could not leave. I tried to talk to my teammate, but the "Toggle Mute" button press has no indication of whether that person is muted or not.

I really don't know how to feel about DICE. I love the Battlefield series and I have to think their game design philosophy is a huge part of why I do, but they screw up constantly and with every single patch they implement they break something else.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As it should. Best new mode they introduced.
It's good to see it getting more love. I don't follow this thread closely, but it seems like a lot of folks were hating on it when the game first came out.

DoubleD

Last night I was in a two-man squad that became inexplicably marked Private, from which I could not leave. I tried to talk to my teammate, but the "Toggle Mute" button press has no indication of whether that person is muted or not.

I really don't know how to feel about DICE. I love the Battlefield series and I have to think their game design philosophy is a huge part of why I do, but they screw up constantly and with every single patch they implement they break something else.
Last night:
Join squad through squad join prior to match.
Get in game. I'm on the opposite team than my squad in a squad marked private. No way to switch teams, no way to switch squads. Fine. We left and squaded up.

Shoot dude in the chest 4 times, no hit markers, I get killed. Rinse, repeat. No thanks.
I was playing on a server before playing those matches with you guys and game was fine.
I can't handle the inconsistency in this game while I'm trying to quit smoking. Give a brotha a break, DICE. Sorry I bailed, that mess was driving me nuts.

meppi

Last night:
Join squad through squad join prior to match.
Get in game. I'm on the opposite team than my squad in a squad marked private. No way to switch teams, no way to switch squads. Fine. We left and squaded up.

Shoot dude in the chest 4 times, no hit markers, I get killed. Rinse, repeat. No thanks.
I was playing on a server before playing those matches with you guys and game was fine.
I can't handle the inconsistency in this game while I'm trying to quit smoking. Give a brotha a break, DICE. Sorry I bailed, that mess was driving me nuts.

It's just pure and utter incompetence at this point.
When you can spot the problems of a new implementation by simply starting up the game and going into the squad menu to not get any button prompts besides "back" or "cancel" or whatever, which does nothing, it becomes very clear that they just don't test stuff out at all.
Now, for us BF regulars this isn't anything new as it's been going on for years, but you'd thing that after all the shit we've gone through over the past 9 months, they would have learned at least something. Guess not.

Went through the same weird server thing again today.
Stayed in the same sever all night. First game was fine, second one was doing some weird things and hit detection seemed hit or miss. Next game we were dominating as a two man squad, wiping other squads time and time again even though they kept coming.
Next game, we both couldn't hit anything and got taken down by 1 or 2 bullets time and time again, even though it was against the same team.

Something is definitely up and I can't wrap my head around anything that could make this kind of behaviour happen. :-/

After BF4 I'm so done with this company and series.
Ordered the stupidly expensive Ghost Edition of Destiny today and I'm glad I did so I can put this stuff behind me. Yuck.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be hopping on again tonight around 9pm Pacific if anyone wants to play. XB1 version!

Does anyone here even have the XB1 version? I'm gonna keep on posting until someone plays with me, lol.

cresto

I'll be hopping on again tonight around 9pm Pacific if anyone wants to play. XB1 version!

Does anyone here even have the XB1 version? I'm gonna keep on posting until someone plays with me, lol.

I can get on. I'm mountain time so if you get on earlier I will be playing most likely.

GT: thewolfwarden

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can get on. I'm mountain time so if you get on earlier I will be playing most likely.

Sweet. I'll try to get on closer to 8pm, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. If not tonight, then soon!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
God Freaking Damn B on the last set of Zavod is the shittiest fucking location ever

Anyone on GAFPlatoon going to accept the app?

It amazes me how the game can put together 27 completely useless teammates, and our squad feels like the only ones trying to do anything.

God Freaking Damn B on the last set of Zavod is the shittiest fucking location ever

Yup, it's so bad. They're working on fixing that in CTE as far as I'm aware.

It amazes me how the game can put together 27 completely useless teammates, and our squad feels like the only ones trying to do anything.

Only in Battlefield. Usually when that happens I just use a stealth jet if the map has one, and if that map also isn't Dawnbreaker.

Kabuto

There's an infinite Battlepack glitch out right now and it's legit. Just join certain servers and you get 4 Battlepacks. On my 90th Battlepack right now
id7SxisaLTugn.png

search up "trinity" on Battlelog and join their servers

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmmm?

Caps already raised on the PS4 at least, I'm halfway to 121.

Is it? Must've came with the patch then. Because AFAIR they were waiting until the day/launch of the expansion. Guess that means I can grind some tomorrow in Live then.

Kabuto

What kind of a glitch is 'legit'?

Enjoy your infinite XP boosts and weapon attachment unlocks.

I meant legit in that it actually works and isn't BS.

I'll try :/ I've only gotten like 2-3 knives and a couple dog tags so far. Battlepacks are bleh

TheSeks

Got nothing? And apparently they gave out a Premium Battlepack that got ate for me. So WTF EA/DICE. :/

Oh shit. That works. OH MY GOD. WE'RE ON THE TRAIN TO EA BANS?

Hopefully that works tomorrow morning. I just got one of the last 3-4 knives I need to get. So hopefully I can get the other two. And hopefully DICE doesn't fix it/ban for it. Oh god.

No items.

Wrong. Infantry only sucks.

Sabo large (launch version) and small (infantry focus but with ATVs) are so much better.

JJD

There's an infinite Battlepack glitch out right now and it's legit. Just join certain servers and you get 4 Battlepacks. On my 90th Battlepack right now
id7SxisaLTugn.png

This is PC only right?

Rizzi

I know it works out cheaper in the long run, but shit I really dislike preordering things.
Fuck it. I guess I'll just buy premium.

I know it works out cheaper in the long run, but shit I really dislike preordering things.
Fuck it. I guess I'll just buy premium.

I am not a fan of putting this much for this kind of content (moslty maps, the rest is pointless), but I think it is more comfortable if you plan to invest yourself a lot in the game.

The past few days have been quite a nightmare.

Teams being filled with people from South America (I know it isn't their fault because the lack of localized server support) getting unjust lag kills, and the still apparent random KIAs have been getting under my skin.

Ugh.

TheSeks

The past few days have been quite a nightmare.

Teams being filled with people from South America (I know it isn't their fault because the lack of localized server support) getting unjust lag kills, and the still apparent random KIAs have been getting under my skin.

Ugh.

Tell them to go to German servers. Either they'll cry, or try to exact revenge.

Orcus

Hey kittens! I'm usually on after 9 PM PST, but I've been traveling this week for work. When I get back I'll be looking for you.

GT: ORCU5

Ferny

Hey kittens! I'm usually on after 9 PM PST, but I've been traveling this week for work. When I get back I'll be looking for you.

GT: ORCU5

Added you guys. I have both PS4 and X1 versions, but I have more friends on with the X1 so I just play on there mostly. GT is ThatGuyFern

On Ps4 and the server browser is cluttered with user servers. Is there a way to filter it to official Dice servers only? Servers with childish pictures and arbitrary bans on weapons are what kept me from playing BF3. There seemed to be a decent amount of official east coast servers after adding the Rent-A-Server update but these last few days the number has drastically shrunk.

On Ps4 and the server browser is cluttered with user servers. Is there a way to filter it to official Dice servers only? Servers with childish pictures and arbitrary bans on weapons are what kept me from playing BF3. There seemed to be a decent amount of official east coast servers after adding the Rent-A-Server update but these last few days the number has drastically shrunk.

You can filter with official servers I think. Press L3, or R3 don't know.

You cant really, but do just select the "official" server type from the filter and then just look for servers with [DICE] in the name.

Top Bottom