• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

It's still better map then operation locker

No it's not. You have more flanking options in Locker, and it's a bigger map with more flags to capture, which gives people an opportunity to back-cap a flag if they move outside the prison or very rarely inside as well. It's also a tiny bit less of a clusterfuck in general compared to Metro.

Other than Floodzone and Dawnbreaker I haven't really seen much sniping in TDM on PC. It's no different than on console in my experience anyway. And yes while snipers can aim better on PC so can everyone else using every other gun. ARs and Carbines are still way better overall weapons. As a niche weapon they're not as good as they could be either. A shotgun does a better job at close range than snipers do at long range for example.

Why would people complain about not being able to snipe in custom servers that have limits imposed? All they'd have to do is play on a different server.

Yeah, when I play Recon and try to engage people from somewhat long to medium range I occasionally end up still getting killed by the same people I'm trying to take down from a distance. LMGs, ARs, and Carbines are really easy to aim with in general, which makes things even harder because then I have to deal with suppression bullshit as well.

The Recon class has some really useful gadgets like the Spawn Beacon, but when it comes to actually killing people, they're really ineffective and inefficient with Sniper Rifles, especially in most engagements where a Carbine will almost always be a better option than Sniper Rifles.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Another flood map?
I thought one of the descriptions said you could drain a map.

...That sounds infinitely more fun than swimming around.

I want Premium but I don't want to pay $50 for it. Really itching to play some new maps. About a week ago Origin had it for 20% off but of course PC only.

edit: it's still on sale! damnit!

terrible

Banned
Yeah, when I play Recon and try to engage people from somewhat long to medium range I occasionally end up still getting killed by the same people I'm trying to take down from a distance. LMGs, ARs, and Carbines are really easy to aim with in general, which makes things even harder because then I have to deal with suppression bullshit as well.

The Recon class has some really useful gadgets like the Spawn Beacon, but when it comes to actually killing people, they're really ineffective and inefficient with Sniper Rifles, especially in most engagements where a Carbine will almost always be a better option than Sniper Rifles.

A Recon with a Carbine, T-UGS, and Beacon is pretty powerful depending on the map and mode.

Hystzen

Recon load out is

Carbine
Spawn
C4

One man army able handle anything apart from choppers (unless you have some BF magic and c4 it)

Speedhoven

Neo Member
A recon sitting back can be super useful if he snipes through the deffense so the the soldiers upfront can advance easier. I do it all the time.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Is this going to be the best Map Pack?

All signs point to yes.

Icon is purple and cool
levolution already looks cool
weapons are badass and SHIELD LOLWUT

If only there were a snow map.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, is the game supposed to make some weird staticy noise every 10 seconds in CTF?

Also, whoever designed the gametype on GulfofOman is a god damn idiot.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I like urban + vehicle maps so Dragon Teeth's could be awesome!

Speedhoven

Neo Member
Is this going to be the best Map Pack?

All signs point to yes.

Icon is purple and cool
levolution already looks cool
weapons are badass and SHIELD LOLWUT

If only there were a snow map.
That is just retarded.

If a map is good is decided on its design. How does an icon, levolution and weaons tell if a map is good designed?

GenericUser

Just wanted to tell the gaf bf4 community, that I finally got the game and play it regulary. I'm in central european time zone, languages are german and english (to some extend ...).

I got it for my ps4, psn name is sponksta. Feel free to add me. I'd love some good bf4 teamplay.

EDIT: I have none of the addons (yet)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Get any exp boost if you're not a premium member?

Yes. This weeks (TROLLOLOLOLOL</DICE>) 2XP is for non-Premium as well.

And you have the 25/50/100/200% boosts to use via the in-game menu for one-hour "2XP"-like boosts. the 25/50% aren't great, but the 100/200 are worth using during 2XP since THEY DO STACK with 2XP to where you get 300/400% XP boosts for those hours.

Bombless

I was wondering what was going on with the double xp...

UlV9fNS.png

Not sure whether I should laugh or cry. Dat #Battlefest

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You can't make this stuff up.

#BasedDICE? #BasedDICE

Played for the first time today in over two months. Game works much better, though it still heavily stutters if you are too close to a structure that is collapsing.

Shot down four Little Birds in a row on Nansha CQL with the SRAW.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Still haven't sorted out the very noticeable framerate drops on maps that feature water (PS4). I feel like they never will. Strangely, no drop was apparent before the server update.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks like they are extending 2x XP to Monday (1PM PST).

Which is stupid. It wasn't turned on for... 12 hours or so. Should just extend it a week. Double so with their "Battlefest" going on.

----

Man, I've totally slept on the QBU. Seems like a decent commie gun. For the glory of Mao and all that. (SKS for lyfe tho)

Top Bottom