• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

lord pie

why does obliteration allow enemies into the spawn base (!?!) Seems incredibly stupid design decision.
I had a really frustrating few games tonight where players on both teams were camping the spawns. Especially on locker, two games ended up with a circle of enemies around each spawn till half our team quit.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I love how with the l8 I can still do well while intoxicated

God loves auto correct

Another thing I love: First three letters of my last name: GAF

love dat clan tag

Ark

Has anyone else's PC performance dropped with this new patch? I'm dropping to 50-55 fps on Shanghai at times when before I was running at a perfectly smooth 60fps. I haven't played in 3 weeks so maybe it reset my video options? Idk. Using a 270x.

EDIT: Okay this is really fucking weird. I can't play BF4 anymore because the game is taking control of my character for me. I've tried using different keyboards and different mice, but every time after I've spawned for a couple of seconds (if that) the aim goes all floaty, starts going off on it's own and I can't do anything. My keyboard inputs don't register, my mouse movements don't register, I can shoot but it has like a 5-second delay and I can't even hit the esc button because that has a 5-second delay too. I've never seen anything like this before, I even did a restore on Origin and it's probably worse than before.... Anyone have any ideas? I'm completely stumped.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SKS is mai waifu

I really wish it was as good as the BF3 variant. :(

Have you tried the QBU-88? I feel like it's the SKS replacement for BF4, but I haven't used it enough to make that statement cement.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Have you tried the QBU-88? I feel like it's the SKS replacement for BF4, but I haven't used it enough to make that statement cement.

I used that for the first time the other day and was pretty impressed. My only complaint is that ADS seemed inaccurate at really long range.

TheSeks

I used that for the first time the other day and was pretty impressed. My only complaint is that ADS seemed inaccurate at really long range.

Nah, using a Reflex/RDS on it has done pretty good for me. The ironsights are wonky. Like being a Type-88 (of course) sight but not good for DMR purposes since it's larger than the Type-88's.

I'm trying to get the A-COG/4x for it so I can use it a la SKS.

Hystzen

BF3 versions of SKS and AEK-971 (dat bf3 reload animation) were my guns both seemed be nerfed massively in BF4.

I not used QBU-88 yet just wanted get my SKS kitted out with attachments but might give it a whirl later

why does obliteration allow enemies into the spawn base (!?!) Seems incredibly stupid design decision.
I had a really frustrating few games tonight where players on both teams were camping the spawns. Especially on locker, two games ended up with a circle of enemies around each spawn till half our team quit.

parachute spawn fail on that map.

thenexus6

Played one match was a little buggy, second match I kept falling through the floor over and over.. sigh back to Killzone for now then.

TheSeks

I not used QBU-88 yet just wanted get my SKS kitted out with attachments but might give it a whirl later

Do it, I started it yesterday for the Chinese faction assignment and came away slightly impressed. Someone in the server I was playing on said it had a damage model problem, but I didn't really notice it with the reflex/red-dot-sight I was using on the gun.

parachute spawn fail on that map.

?

It doesn't on PC. The problem is most people complain about "spawn trapping" when that isn't their home spawn that's a hot-spot spawn and so people parachuting in should expect people waiting for them to land.

How does no one else have these problems other than the random person that never posts here, except to complain?

it makes me suspicious too.

random people with these weird problems nobody else seems to have in 1000 hours of gameplay...

It doesn't on PC. The problem is most people complain about "spawn trapping" when that isn't their home spawn that's a hot-spot spawn and so people parachuting in should expect people waiting for them to land.
what i mean is the parachute spawn on most* (imo it sucks on Lancang Dam too) other maps isn't so awful that you get spawn trapped easily even with that being considered. oh, that reminds me, did they add a parachute spawn to Metro Obliteration yet or is it still Spawn Camp: The Game.

JJD

How does no one else have these problems other than the random person that never posts here, except to complain?

it makes me suspicious too.

random people with these weird problems nobody else seems to have in 1000 hours of gameplay...

There's a lot of videos on youtube of people and vehicles falling under the map on BF4. It's not that unusual.

Ravic has videos of jeeps, bikes and even the attack chopper and jet going under the map. It happened to me a few times on BF4 but considering my playtime this is a not really an issue.

I still remember how you could go under the map on Kharg (BF3) and capture half the flags with the rhib. It was horrible playing against people that did this.

BF4 is considerably better on this regard, but sometimes it still happens and if you know how to do it you can trigger it consistently.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
There's a lot of videos on youtube of people and vehicles falling under the map on BF4. It's not that unusual.

Ravic has videos of jeeps, bikes and even the attack chopper and jet going under the map. It happened to me a few times on BF4 but considering my playtime this is a not really an issue.

I still remember how you could go under the map on Kharg (BF3) and capture half the flags with the rhib. It was horrible playing against people that did this.

BF4 is considerably better on this regard, but sometimes it still happens and if you know how to do it you can trigger it consistently.
I have had it happen once in 500 hours and wasn't really trying to imply that it doesn't happen. I know this game is buggy crap a lot of times.

I was more speaking to the fact that the thing that happened once in 500 hours always seems to happen to the "I popped the game in for first time/first time in a while" and then we hear all about it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What are your opinions of people spawn camping where vehicles spawn and destroying them automatically with C4's/mines or other shit? Personally, I think the vehicles should spawn in an area that isn't accessible to the enemy team so it doesn't happen.

TheSeks

What are your opinions of people spawn camping where vehicles spawn and destroying them automatically with C4's/mines or other shit? Personally, I think the vehicles should spawn in an area that isn't accessible to the enemy team so it doesn't happen.

It's a bit of a "dick move" but it's a legit tactic to deny the enemy team their vehicles. Generally if they are trapping your base, you know they're in the area and need to spawn at the objective closest to your base to attempt to clear them out. Then look for the AT mines to destroy before the vehicles spawn.

MattDoza

Doing it repeatedly is bush league. Cleared out a group doing this, on Oman, and they continued to do it over and over. And it wasn't like there was nothing going on anywhere else. They were just being dicks.

RoKKeR

Well the new Dragon's Teeth main menu image looks cool I guess.

Too bad I'm stuck looking at it on Xbox One after the update.

I have problems I just don't publicize them. For the past month or two I've started seeing massive packet loss again, though this time on the opposite end. I'd suspect it was my internet, except it reads clean on the main menu, and in lower player count games.

One of the side-effects of the packetloss, aside from terrible hit detection, is occasionally I spawn and the game can't seem to realize that I'm touching the ground, leaving me constantly falling through and bouncing back up. Oddly, it becomes normal if I got into a building, only to resume once I go back out on the ground again. This is now my normal BF4 experience.

RoKKeR

Any tips on how to get a kill on an aircraft with the stinger/IGLA? Patience? I find myself getting plenty of hits but people will bail and their health will come back after a while, little bit annoying.

lord pie

100% booster + weekend boost... :)
I had two games in a row where (partly due to service stars) I got 80-90,000 points. Much gold.
I had no idea friendly players would shout out "Hey, nice job on the promotion!" :) Nice little touch Dice.

I always assumed 120 was the highest rank, as I'd never seen a player higher. Tonight I've been seeing people at 123..?

Any tips on how to get a kill on an aircraft with the stinger/IGLA? Patience? I find myself getting plenty of hits but people will bail and their health will come back after a while, little bit annoying.

I've found a jet can often survive three hits from either, so if a good pilot is flying it is practically impossible to do it yourself.
Best bet is to wait for them to deploy flares, etc, so you can at least guarantee some damage which will force them to retreat - ideally try and land a hit when they are diving down, if it is a mobility hit then they are likely going to crash. Stinger/IGLA are the worst enemy of a helichopper however :)

One thing you can do with the IGLA, is lock on a different target first - fire, then get a lock on the jet. The missile will go after the jet and hit so quickly they usually can't deploy countermeasures quickly enough.
Sometimes if you are lucky if you lose the lockon with the IGLA (due to flairs, etc), the missile will circle for a while - when you reacquire lock it'll still be active and get a hit.

Kak.efes

Just be persistent. Don't even bother on jets, they'll get out of range, and circle the edge of the map until their countermeasures are ready again. I only use the AA launchers on helicopters, and only the stinger; it's fire and forget, whereas the IGLA requires you to maintain lock (I think the IGLA has slightly better range and speed, but the difference is negligible).

I've stopped using both entirely. If air is a problem (and it rarely is), just use the HVM-II. That thing will ruin their day.

JJD

I have problems I just don't publicize them. For the past month or two I've started seeing massive packet loss again, though this time on the opposite end. I'd suspect it was my internet, except it reads clean on the main menu, and in lower player count games.

One of the side-effects of the packetloss, aside from terrible hit detection, is occasionally I spawn and the game can't seem to realize that I'm touching the ground, leaving me constantly falling through and bouncing back up. Oddly, it becomes normal if I got into a building, only to resume once I go back out on the ground again. This is now my normal BF4 experience.

This happens with me a lot (and by a lot I mean every single Golmud game and on some other maps) when I spawn at the start of a game on a vehicle. It's really annoying. The tank goes out of control.

while we're at it,

anyone have any advice for taking down a bomber?

I can take down a gunship with a couple (sometimes 3 sraws) but the bombers are just too high and fast?

Can it be done on your own or do you need to team up?

Ark

I was more speaking to the fact that the thing that happened once in 500 hours always seems to happen to the "I popped the game in for first time/first time in a while" and then we hear all about it.

Because the game really is broken as all fuck. You could have become pregnant and had a child since BF4 released and it's still broken.

Hystzen

The only people I want to punch in face is those people who shut the bar gates on locker when your running to flags on conquest at start. Why block off your team you imbeciles especially on locker where you will get battered if lose C at start

TheSeks

Lock-on, wait. If they're stupid, they'll pop flares before you fire.->Wait for the flares to move away/track the helicopter. Re-lock on->Fire. Quickly reload->Fire.

I always assumed 120 was the highest rank, as I'd never seen a player higher. Tonight I've been seeing people at 123..?

Next expansion increased the cap to 130 now.

DoubleD

The only people I want to punch in face is those people who shut the bar gates on locker when your running to flags on conquest at start. Why block off your team you imbeciles especially on locker where you will get battered if lose C at start
Almost every match on Locker. Lol.

Omni

Ahhh. I swear half the people in this game are completely oblivious to the world around them.

I spotted an enemy that was literally right next to my teammate. I didn't have a clear shot so I waited for my teammate to kill him and sat there watching and spamming the spot button. Like 30 seconds of the enemy being on the minimap later, my teammate still has no idea. Finally I run towards them so I can do it myself, and what do you know - Another enemy spawns on the spotted guy and they take me out

Shit like that pisses me off so much. I get that not everyone is good at the game. But come on. Look at your damn map!

Bollocks

Haha you tell me, seems like I always end up with idiots.
Like on Locker US side, we got pushed back to B. My idiot team mates throw grenades towards the 2 hallways leading to C, completely oblivious.
1!! enemy sneaks up from behind and manages to kill 6 people, no one noticed.
Mind you we had people checking the outside entrance at least that's what the minimap led us to believe.

My team can't defend for shit.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

Damn dude, that sucks. Explains why I haven't seen you on much recently.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Nobody was really on while you were on what I assume was vacation, so I got readdicted to Civ 5 and have been playing that mostly.
I miss rts games, but don't have a PC that can handle jack. I hopefully will build a gaming PC in the next gw years. If Erin hates my gaming now, wait till I get hooked into a good rts game.

So Dragon's Teeth releases tomorrow right? What is the drill on PS4 for it to download while I'm gone? Just leave the PS4 in standby mode? I want it downloaded and installed by the time i get home from work.

thenexus6

I've not been playing that well today but i've ranked up 4 or 5 levels! Will hopefully go up 3 or 4 more today as I won't get to play much this week.

Tubie

So Dragon's Teeth releases tomorrow right? What is the drill on PS4 for it to download while I'm gone? Just leave the PS4 in standby mode? I want it downloaded and installed by the time i get home from work.

I think you actually have to manually download it, since it's not an update to the game. Could be wrong tho, but I think that's how it works.

If it goes how Naval Strike went, it won't be available to download until PSN updates (usually around 8pm EST) anyway.

TheSeks

Metro is a terrible map and whoever thinks 64 player Rush on it is fun needs to be punched in the nuts.

terrible

Banned

I get that fairly often too. Weirdly enough it seems to happen more on Dawnbreaker than any other map. That might be a coincidence though.

Top Bottom