• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

JJD

It definitely is an issue if you spot a lot and also want to set objectives.

I get why people don't bother giving squad orders, though. People rarely follow them. I dont half the time because I dont feel that the squad leader knows what the fuck he's doing nor do they go after the objective themselves.

I just don't see how it is an issue.

I spot a lot and I like to give orders when I'm the leader even if people don't follow then. It's free points. I'll just aim at the top of the flag to give an order or right next to it to spot someone close to it.

You're not supposed to look into the general direction of the flag to give an order like you can do when spotting enemies, you have to aim at it, have your crosshair directly pointing at it.

I sincerely never had this problem. Not to mention that you can give a squad order to attack or defend even if your view of the flag/objective is obstructed.

JJD

It's up on the US store folks.

6.78GB. I wonder why it's so big. There's no patch included right? It would be great to have some of the newer CTE updates.

JJD

How are you getting to it? Tried going through store and in game store... not seeing it

I just got into the store on the PS4 menu, selected Games, New, Add-ons scroll all to the right and click on see more. It's below the Awesomenauts DLC Penny Fox on the second row.

Edit: You can find it through the search menu on the web store, but not on the PS4 store...funny. The PS4 store is a mess.

At least the download is going super fast for me.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I just got into the store on the PS4 menu, selected Games, New, Add-ons scroll all to the right and click on see more. It's below the Awesomenauts DLC Penny Fox on the second row.

Edit: You can find it through the search menu on the web store, but not on the PS4 store...funny. The PS4 store is a mess.

At least the download is going super fast for me.

I'm about halfway now. Thanks man.

on PS4 store

Games
New
Addons
See more
Sort by: Last 7 days

Seanspeed

Banned
I just don't see how it is an issue.

I spot a lot and I like to give orders when I'm the leader even if people don't follow then. It's free points. I'll just aim at the top of the flag to give an order or right next to it to spot someone close to it.

You're not supposed to look into the general direction of the flag to give an order like you can do when spotting enemies, you have to aim at it, have your crosshair directly pointing at it.

I sincerely never had this problem. Not to mention that you can give a squad order to attack or defend even if your view of the flag/objective is obstructed.
Because I'm a compulsive spot-button masher. Particularly in vehicles that I'm not driving and the camera is moving about a lot and I'm trying to spot whatever I can in the distance, I almost always inadvertently switch objectives.

Obviously the other person found it an issue. I find it an issue. Just because you don't doesn't mean its just fine, ya know?

Hystzen

All my seething rage. It's the new AWS.

Pretty much

Assault Class- Bulldog
Support- AWS (seems new LMGs are not well liked)

also been using QBU-88 like mentioned few pages back and my god I'm loving it. Rolling with a 4x Scope , Canted Ironsights (corridors and CQB) , ergo grip and angled grip. Took while get used to but like all DMR weapons they kind of suck due to awful ironsights but get better when given a scope. DMR seem to work wonders on these DT maps especially Pearl Market with how tight the map is street level.

Kak.efes

It could be nostalgia, but the BF3 expansions were all pretty great IMO. So far, other than second assault, premium has been a wash for BF4. I'll see how Dragon's Teeth plays tonight.

It could be nostalgia, but the BF3 expansions were all pretty great IMO. So far, other than second assault, premium has been a wash for BF4. I'll see how Dragon's Teeth plays tonight.

Personally, I found SA to be abysmal, Naval Strike was better then I was anticipating but still less then decent.

I still maintain that CR was a well make map pack, nothing special but nothing inherently bad in its map design. Guilin peaks as a infantry only map absolutely slaughters shit like metro and locker.

Kak.efes

Personally, I found SA to be abysmal, Naval Strike was better then I was anticipating but still less then decent.

I still maintain that CR was a well make map pack, nothing special but nothing inherently bad in its map design. Guilin peaks as a infantry only map absolutely slaughters shit like metro and locker.

I liked Silk Road.

What were your issues with SA? Other than the cluster fuck that is 64 player Metro, I found Oman, Caspian, and Firestorm all played similarly to their BF3 counterpart.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just give me End of the Line and disable all the stupid lock-on shit in this game and I would play it 20 hrs a day.

On second thought, hopefully they never do that because I would lose my job and life goals and stuff....

I liked Silk Road.

What were your issues with SA? Other than the cluster fuck that is 64 player Metro, I found Oman, Caspian, and Firestorm all played similarly to their BF3 counterpart.

It was the fact that they were BF3 maps.

You have to understand that we were coming out of BC2 maps going into BF3. I couldn't help but be disappointed in them. Still am in BF4.

Fair enough if you like them.

JJD

I liked Silk Road.

SA is fine, but I'd rather have new maps or others from BF3 like Seine and Baazar.

Sandstorm starts way too early on Oman.

I tried the Bulldog. It is good, but only for some CQ maps. Overall I still think the SCAR is better (considering the Bulldog is a SCAR with a higher ROF and recoil). AEK and Ace 23 are still the best AR in the game IMO.

On maps with crazy infantry fights like these the Bulldog very long reload time and small ammo capacity really hurts it IMO.

I think LMG's are the best weapons for the new maps to be honest. Obviously you should change your class depending of the circumstances of the match.

mitchman

Gold Member
LevelCap and Xfactor have put out some interesting peeks at the maps and Chainlink. All of them look like quite a bit of fun. Battlefield DLC is usually pretty crappy (it gets farmed out to other studios) but these maps seem on point.

This is the first DLC for BF4 not done by DICE Sweden, so technically this has been "farmed out".

AmyS

For anyone still having trouble getting the DLC on PS4 in NA I found it via the main PS Digital Store:,

Games --> New ---> Add-Ons --> New Add-Ons see more --> Dragon's Teeth.

83I9PDP.jpg

So far I'm enjoying Sunken Dragon and Propaganda. Pearl Market, not as much. Haven't played on Lumphini Garnet yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

NS > SA >>>>> China Rising

China rising only has two decent maps (Silk Road, Altai) in that pack. :/

Omni

Pearl Market is a piece of shit. Reminds me too much of Flood Zone

Except it's even more fragmented and all over the place

I agree, always felt like BF3 Premium was done a lot better than BF4 Premium. Being given more time to work on the DLC and not rushing it out as quickly kinda helped.

Guilin Peaks is zerg rush Battlefield style. Altai Range is pretty boring and uninteresting (to me) and the way it's designed makes the MAA even more powerful in it. Dragon Pass also has too many MAAs and has invisible walls and hitboxes etc. Silk Road is so incredibly one-sided. A Chinese team that's at least somewhat competent will not lose against the US team unless they pull off a miracle.

To add to all of that, they clearly were supposed to have "Levolution" in them, Silk Road for example wouldn't be as bad if they put in the sandstorm. The China Rising DLC is unfinished, from invincible trees to invisible walls to "Levolution" not being put in.

SA is fine, but I'd rather have new maps or others from BF3 like Seine and Baazar.

Terrible maps. :x

Pearl Market is a piece of shit. Reminds me too much of Flood Zone

Except it's even more fragmented and all over the place

It has so much clutter too.

Omni

Played a bit on each map and

Eh. Worst map pack to date. Maybe it's better with 64 players, but on 360 they feel pretty damn awful. Just chaos. To be frank they feel like something you'd find in CoD. Small and cluttered and unbalanced (which is weird to say, because I quite liked Close Quarters in BF3). Once I unlock these new weapons I won't be playing on them again

Disappointing

TheSeks

Pearl Market sucks copious amounts of ass.

I like Flood Zone, but this one is IMPOSSIBLE to navigate at all. They put flag HUD elements on shit that may be the roof but don't tell you how the fuck you get to the roofs since the stairs will take you to windows that don't lead further up.

soxxx

Banned
I like the maps but it is VERY foot based. The vehicles are worthless, especially that snow map. Your going to have to walk to the other side of the map, you cant hop in a vehicle and floor it there.

They do have tanks but thats not enough.

VariantX

God damn, the bulldog is the perfect weapon for guys like me who prefer high damage, low ROF weapons like the scar. Im almost expecting it to get nerfed.

TheSeks

Rush sucks on the new maps, no surprise :(

Haven't tried Rush yet. But Chain Link not having the Levolution for the Unica = suck my dick, DICE. Five times I rush my ass up there to die to an enemy before I find that out.

Neither can Sabotage. GG DICE. :/ I thought you were done with the mode specific shit for weapons.

AmyS

Dear DICE LA, I'm liking Dragon's Teeth so far, so next, please make Final Stand more like BF3's Armored Kill, including Tank Superiority!

TheSeks

Can you do the assignments on other maps? This is trash.

With the exception of the Unica which is basically "Bombing Run Assignment 2: Electric Boogaloo," yes.

That one requires a levolution on a specific map in a specific area. GOOD FUCKING LUCK. If people are smart, they're camping that shit for their Bulldog and other kills.

THANKFULLY: Once you HAVE done that and completed the round, the assignment counts that. Which leaves the 5 swim kills to do. They THANKFULLY do not have to be in a round unlike the shitty shotgun assignment on a map that wasn't built for that shit (Caspian) in Second Assault's assignments. Fuck you DICE.

I kinda like Propaganda, but the rest are pretty much straight up Trash. Dear DICE: Stop doing Close-Quarters. It sucked in Close Shitters, it sucks in Shitters Teeth. Fuck off with chasing the CoD kiddies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played a couple of Matches:
Propaganda: This is a new "BF4 classic" for sure
Sunken Dragon: Kinda ok, i like the platform section.
Pearl Market: Meat grinder, really hard to read compared to the other maps.
Lumpini Garden: Havent played it yet.

Im gonna look for a Propaganda 24/7 server and favorite it.

Top Bottom