• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i already like all of these maps, this is like Aftermath all over again.

<3 Pearl Market

PROPAGANDA

chain link is cool

I went back to Vanilla. I got the two required (Chain Link/Levolution) thing I need from those maps. Fuck the other three that aren't Propaganda. Horrible.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
i already like all of these maps, this is like Aftermath all over again.

<3 Pearl Market

PROPAGANDA

chain link is cool
Im i taking crazy pills or did you just wrote <3 Perl Market?

TheSeks, did he just wrote that?

I mean, i only played one match but man... Propaganda is the bees knees

Tubie

I mean, i only played one match but man... Propaganda is the bees knees

I liked Pearl Market a lot too, and I did really bad my first time in it! (partly because of me just using the Unica 6). Chainlink is really fun, like domination but better. Overall a great DLC.

Ajacx

Banned
Maps look pretty good on Xbox One. Love chain link and the focus on infantry combat. Also like all the new maps so far, but granted only played about 30 minutes on each.

Playing last night felt like I was getting the snappiest gameplay so far, and seemed like was getting a pretty constant 60 fps too.

TheSeks

Apparently.

Horrible map. I don't get the hate for Flood Zone, but I totally get the hate for that map.

Omni

I'm in love with the riot shield. Best thing in this game.

I'm going like negative k/d each round but watching people trying to scramble away is just priceless

TheSeks

Well, that was easier than I thought.

Dawnbreaker bomb goes into the ocean. Jump in. Kill idiots that jump in after it.

BANG. Unica unlocked. Leaves headshots with it for the Desert Eagle.

TheSeks

remember that i like Flood Zone and Talah Market.

Neither of those are bad maps.

Whereas Pearl Market is a terrible map.

---

Get &#8220;Squad Order Followed&#8220; 10 times 1/10

FFS. Squad Attack Bonuses don't count toward that order being followed in Rush? :|

I feel retarted as hell for not knowing how to do this but can someone please tell me how I use these unlocks? At first I thought they were paints but I see nothing there in the loadouts. Thanks.

rTO0j4L.jpg

Daigoro

Save for which games?

Will you be online waiting?

BF3 was good tho
Is the rubberbanding an issue on all platforms? What are the main bugs at the moment?

360 was probably the best of the versions at launch. I rarely had any major issues. played it for about 180 hrs before selling it.

if they didn't fuck anything up since then, it should be fine. its a great game, worth getting for sure if you don't have other options.

olimpia84

Didn't even know the new DLC was out. Was too lazy to download and wait for install so instead played Vanilla maps all night. GG guys.

TheSeks

They're avatars for Battlelog. Click your profile name. Click the avatar you're currently using. Then click the one that you unlocked and save.

JJD

Terrible maps. :x

I love then. Seine 64 players would be amazing considering that on PS3 you only played on one side of the map, you never had to push to cross the bridge (Conquest).

Baazar is just fun but I think it wouldn't be much different since even on last gen consoles the map was the same as on PC, you just had two flags less.

Both would be way better additions than Metro or Firestorm on Second Assault.

Kharg would be way better than Firestorm as a vehicle intensive map..

360 was probably the best of the versions at launch. I rarely had any major issues. played it for about 180 hrs before selling it.

if they didn't fuck anything up since then, it should be fine. its a great game, worth getting for sure if you don't have other options.

Thanks for the info!

JJD

BF4 is not available digitally for the 360.

MS may have saved me from making a mistake lol

You can probably find the physical edition way cheaper than on digital stores. Buy used.

The game is mostly fixed by now, even with the DLC out there is no rubber banding or anything.

You only played the beta?

Bombless

Sunken Dragon is so fucking terrible on Chain Link. US spawns in reach of A only, CN can reach most of them if they spread out.
In fact Sunken Dragon is terrible period.

You should just buy an xbone and then you would have all sorts of games to buy with the credit.

You and your silliness

You can probably find the physical edition way cheaper than on digital stores. Buy used.

The game is mostly fixed by now, even with the DLC out there is no rubber banding or anything.

You only played the beta?

I was hoping to use the credit from GameStop's giveaway rather than spend my own money :p I could look for an Amazon GC trade, but then I would likely sit on it until I sold my 360.

And yeah, just the beta.

Hystzen

Put me on team Pearl Garden I like the different levels of combat. It is disorienting at first and takes while get head around the layout I admit. It just clicks with me get a DMR and sneak around alleys popping heads on roofs or people running in straight lines to objectives

AmyS

[PS4 here] I've never, ever seen so much lag on the Battlescreen map on my laptop as I have with Dragon's Teeth.

TheSeks

Welp. Orders Followed is for caps and TWO members of a squad need to be on the flag. Neutralizes and Defenses don't count. WTF DICE?

Double WTF that other modes besides Chain Link (Conquest?) don't count toward it despite those still having Squad Orders.

At least I'm done. Leaves Headshots with the Unica and the Sniper rifle to unlock now.

I love then. Seine 64 players would be amazing considering that on PS3 you only played on one side of the map, you never had to push to cross the bridge (Conquest).

pretty sure we got best crossing and the 64p version was just dual chokebridge: the game

Baazar is just fun but I think it wouldn't be much different since even on last gen consoles the map was the same as on PC, you just had two flags less.

that would have been better.

Both would be way better additions than Metro or Firestorm on Second Assault.

Kharg would be way better than Firestorm as a vehicle intensive map..

yes.

i guess they couldn't "figure out a levolution" for Kharg so Firestorm won...

TheSeks

Firestorm > Bazaar, Seine, and Kharg.

i guess they couldn't "figure out a levolution" for Kharg

Oil Line(s) blow up with the fuel reserves (whatever silos those things are) blowing up as well. Boom, easy.

But Kharg is bad because of the helicopter. Hate that and the roof parachuters from the helicopter to the roof that you can't get on as defense. Blech.

Tubie

Sunken Dragon is so fucking terrible on Chain Link. US spawns in reach of A only, CN can reach most of them if they spread out.
In fact Sunken Dragon is terrible period.

I noticed this, wtf where they thinking with that map on Chain Link? First time I did it China had 3 connections before we even got to B, and they were already there waiting for us.

Firestorm > Bazaar, Seine, and Kharg.

Oil Line(s) blow up with the fuel reserves (whatever silos those things are) blowing up as well. Boom, easy.

But Kharg is bad because of the helicopter. Hate that and the roof parachuters from the helicopter to the roof that you can't get on as defense. Blech.

who cares? XM25.

or just add ladders on both ends...

JJD

I love Proper Propaganda!!! One of the best maps in the whole game IMO, it's so fun fighting over that little destructible village!

Sunken Dragon is good, but they really should have made the restaurant more open. It's too easy to just camp the flag. It's a sniper's nest now. The rest of the map is fine.

Garden is good too, but it's nothing special.

Pearl Market is the worse by far. Too much verticality, too many rooms and stairs on the buildings. It rewards people camping instead of going for the objectives. It's like the middle part of Flood Zone x100.

I'm not touching armor on any of those maps. There is too many engineers and too little space to maneuver. Tried the tank on proper propaganda and couldn't find a way to use it aggressively to capture flags without being blow away by RPGs and C4. Tank drivers should really hang back and let the infantry push forward. Capturing flags with armor is just not viable at all on this map IMO.

Overall if you like infantry fighting this map pack will probably make you happy, if you're more of a vehicles person I think this is not for you.

Omni

Not particularly feeling the Deagle. I've got maybe 60 kills with it already and it feels very hit and mess. Seems a bit random as to whether or not I'll land shots. Hip fire is atrocious too. Looks completely badass though

Admittedly I've never been good with these kind of cannons, I guess. Figure I might as well unlock everything for it and then go back to the M1911

burnfout

Loving the maps, holy shit.

Went absolutely hamm with the airburst on Market, went 18-0 on my first spawn in the Garden, that was weirdly awesome.

Propaganda ( I LOVE SNOW LEVELS) also feels like that Goldeneye tank scene. Fucking awesome level.

Sunken Dragon is a bit weird for me still. The water/swimming flag is terrible, some of the other flags/buildings feel copy pasted from other maps. I like running with the LAV though. Only useful vehicle on all these maps.

Please ban Metro/Locker from all rotations and make these the infantry maps.

Omni

The maps are weird and all over the place. I don't think I'll willingly play on them again after today.

Propaganda is nice, admittedly. I love the aesthetic too. The Gardens map has potential when playing with balanced teams (mud slide is very underwhelming though) but the other two are just awful. Encounters can seemingly come from every damn direction. There don't seem to be any clear choke points and coupled with their small size, the maps feel very CoD like. It's just chaos. Plus there's so much damn clutter

I get the feeling that all of them would benefit from having more than three flags in conquest on Xbox 360, but that will probably never happen.

NS > CR > SA > Vanilla Maps >>>>> DT.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Maps seemed really chaotic. Didn't help that my team was getting royally stomped by the enemy. I liked Propaganda a lot though. Pearl Market is a great shotgun map, but it's too unstructured. Too many pathways from all directions make it pretty much impossible to reliably hold a point.

Not enthusiastic about having to play the wait-in-line game to get the Unica.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Not enthusiastic about having to play the wait-in-line game to get the Unica.

CTF on Sunken.
Did it in one round.

As far as Market goes...
1. Too much verticality is a bad thing, and I don't know why DICE hasn't learned from past experiences. A good example would be A point for Link/Conquest. Immediately in front of the point is a building with a campable rooftop. The issue is, though, there are also two stories of windows for enemies to pop you from. I was being shot by 3 guys on 3 separate floors at the same time. "Are you fucking kidding me..." was my reaction.

Something that could have helped would be having some of the destruction already in place - Instead of windows, have the wall pre-blown out. Cut off lanes with destroyed buildings. Instead of boxes and random shit cluttering up the rooftops, they could have set this as a war torn city that had been bombarded with shells and shit. As opposed to an overwhelming amount of hard cover, use more smoke and fire.

Ah well. I'm enjoying every map thus far. Many complaints are coming from people doing 64 man servers. My question to you: What were you thinking would come from a map pack marketed as Infantry CQC? lol. Watch Levelcap and Matimios videos. Their opinions completely differ, but it's exactly what I'm saying. Levelcap complains of constant grenade spam and compares to Metro and Locker. I feel there is a LOT more flanking capability on these maps, as well as routes to get away from explosives.

In any case, it's all playing well on 32 man servers. I admit to thinking it's pretty fucking stupid being able to fill the lake on Sunken for CTF.

Gotta try CTF on Lampini soon. That map is my second favorite, for sure.

mitchman

Gold Member
I wish we could levelution that whole restaurant in the middle. In some games, the snipers in it are mighty annoying.

Top Bottom