• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CTE said:
Already unlocked assignments will no longer show up in end of round screen

FINALLY. Now make this to Live soon, DICE. Though I will miss:

Fix for squad spawning under terrain

Getting pistol kills under the map for assignments. NO MORE. NOOOOOOOO. :(

Preround Ready-state added to Conquest Large (Initial testing)

GET FUCKED SSD. HOO-HAH HOO-HAH HOO-HAH.

Was sorely needed in Rush, and I guess Conquest benefits from not having fast capped multi caps now? Though really... is it that bad for Conquest?

Bomb now resets when bomb carrier is spotted or shoots their gun.

Wut?

Omni

Oh my god I wish they'd just do away with Commander mode already. Most broken and unbalanced piece of shit in this game.

Frustrates me to no end when I get blasted by someone sitting a million feet up in the air in a AC130 and have a radar showing everyone's positions. Or if I dodge the hell fire that's raining down upon me, there are several guys in foot flanking me. Gah

Blastoise

Banned
God damn was the single player campaign a piece of shit. Nearly in par with Killzone Shadowfall. Like seriously who the fuck is Jin Jei and why do I care.

At least it was pretty.

asking the BF vets here:
when do you think premium for bf4 will go on sale on consoles?

I'd love get the full bf4 experience, but I somehow cannot get myself into paying another 50 bucks for that.

Its on sale on the Xbox One right now. I bought it and I've been having a blast on the new maps, also the huge amount of battlepcks that you get are a nice bonus as well.

Oh my god I wish they'd just do away with Commander mode already. Most broken and unbalanced piece of shit in this game.

Frustrates me to no end when I get blasted by someone sitting a million feet up in the air in a AC130 and have a radar showing everyone's positions. Or if I dodge the hell fire that's raining down upon me, there are several guys in foot flanking me. Gah

it's sad that the commander mode was one of the most requested features from fans :p

It's annoying when only one team has a commander. Odds are so stacked against your team when the other team can constantly rain down fire and do UAV sweeps :p

Easy fix: The game should put the one player who wants to be a commander in a queue while he plays normally until another player in the other team does the same. Then activate both commanders at the same time. If a commander quits mid game, have a simple AI take control of it until the end of the map or kick the other commander out and back into the normal game.

iPad commanders could only have limited control or...something, i dunno just came up with this fix in 15 minutes of "game design" :D

Omni

it's sad that the commander mode was one of the most requested features from fans :p

It's annoying when only one team has a commander. Odds are so stacked against your team when the other team can constantly rain down fire and do UAV sweeps :p

Easy fix: The game should put the one player who wants to be a commander in a queue while he plays normally until another player in the other team does the same. Then activate both commanders at the same time. If a commander quits mid game, have a simple AI take control of it until the end of the map or kick the other commander out and back into the normal game.

iPad commanders could only have limited control or...something, i dunno just came up with this fix in 15 minutes of "game design" :D
Well I'd prefer it removed completely but anything is better than its current implementation, that's for sure. With some tweaks it could work I guess

This is fun
Mdfldj.png

V1FUPI.png
This guy... I don't even know. Made me laugh though. Needless to say I stayed in the game to spite him.

Tried it a few nights ago. It works but gets old really fast as you need to do it every time you spawn. Having LMG + meds / FAMAS + ammo is great though.

I read it wasn't possible combine Assault and Support with that glitch, did it work for you?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So does anyone else have issues with the 2x IR sight? 50% of the time it is only a 2x red dot sight and I have to switch to pistol and back to my main gun to get it to work. Is their a key to press, or is it just a bug. PC by the way.
PS the bipod is also so unreliable. I can't count the number of times I have spawned and gone prone, only for my bipod and sight not to work.

mitchman

Gold Member
So does anyone else have issues with the 2x IR sight? 50% of the time it is only a 2x red dot sight and I have to switch to pistol and back to my main gun to get it to work. Is their a key to press, or is it just a bug. PC by the way.
PS the bipod is also so unreliable. I can't count the number of times I have spawned and gone prone, only for my bipod and sight not to work.

It's a bug. I saw LevelCap and Matimio had that issue in a faceoff recently.

Jarrod38

What are some good tips on get 20 jet kills for the Phantom Trainee assignment? Been ignoring this one since I suck with jets but I've only gotten like 6 kills and those were pretty much lucky kills.

Dabanton

Its on sale on the Xbox One right now. I bought it and I've been having a blast on the new maps, also the huge amount of battlepcks that you get are a nice bonus as well.

Same here. I just this minute brought it for £26 that's not bad at all.

Now I can try out the other maps.

Bombless

What are some good tips on get 20 jet kills for the Phantom Trainee assignment? Been ignoring this one since I suck with jets but I've only gotten like 6 kills and those were pretty much lucky kills.

Play on Paracel and fly the attack jet. It's 20 kill in a jet, not 20 jets killed, so if you blow up a full boat that's 4 kills right there. It's easy to do with the nosegun if you use your secondary to counter enemy jets.

Gunships should be your bread and butter here, since they're sitting ducks for jets and people are generally reluctant (or too preoccupied) to bail out prior to them exploding. Lancang Dam games with commanders are where I got most of mine.

Chopper kills (both attack and transport) are your backup. Jet kills are very rare because everyone bails out prior to them exploding.

Does anybody actually enjoy completing assignments? I hate that there are these arbitrary hoops the developer makes you jump through just to try out a different weapon. Not to mention many of them are completed by actively cheating. Plus, everyone who is running around trying to finish them isn't helping the team!

Does anybody actually enjoy completing assignments? I hate that there are these arbitrary hoops the developer makes you jump through just to try out a different weapon. Not to mention many of them are completed by actively cheating. Plus, everyone who is running around trying to finish them isn't helping the team!
all i know is on Dawnbreaker i got 11th on the team sitting in E sending up MAVs to get spot assists.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Lost Islands (NS) obliteration. Snag the attack jet. If the other jet comes after you, make sure to mark him then fly back over your carrier. So long as he is marked, your carrier's AA guns will shoot him down. (if Lost Islands has no carriers, then I must be thinking of a different map, but I know I got two jet ribbons there once.)

I don't like how they influence player behavior. Second Assault Metro for instance. Requiring 2 assist ribbons in one round for the F2000 just further pushed players towards spamming grenades everywhere, as if that map wasn't screwed enough. Second Assault had some of the worst assignments overall though. The Perfect Landing assignment is just ridiculous.

burnfout

Fucking hate it and I dont do it. I don't even have the L85A2, or MTAR.

I only care about winning the game.

I fired on a helicopter a couple of different times on Silk Road and it popped flares twice back to back on two separate instances(wasn't just a one time glitch and yes it was the same helicopter). What the hell GAF?

TheSeks

all i know is on Dawnbreaker i got 11th on the team sitting in E sending up MAVs to get spot assists.

Pffft, that's easy though. Anyone can sit on an MAV way back in their spawn or somewhere barely anyone will pass by and just spot assist all day.

That feeling when you're MVP on the winning team with 0-0 KDR from the MAV

The shit like "get a jet kill, get 5 kills on a tower before it's destroyed so we're making it a 'PLZ RUIN ME' SIGN!" is annoying as shit. DICE really should stop locking the weapons behind those. :/

olimpia84

Is it wrong that every time I boot this game I just go for vanilla maps? Feels like Premium was a total waste for me.

I used to complete them religiously in BF3 until they put out the one where you had to get a headshot kill with a sniper rifle from a ridiculous distance. Ever since then I stopped trying and any assignments I get are just by pure luck/normal progress.

Erban1

Is it wrong that every time I boot this game I just go for vanilla maps? Feels like Premium was a total waste for me.

Same here...I haven't really enjoyed any of the map packs so far. Unless I'm playing with someone else its always vanilla conquest for me.

TheSeks

Nope. Outside of Second Assault and Naval Strike the "Premium"/expansion maps have been bust. It's 50% want to play/don't want to play so far. I don't expect Final Stand to go toward the "Want to play" ratio. And since servers only play the latest expansion maps or Vanilla, it's not hard to see people playing Vanilla. Blech.

One day I'll see a SA/NS/Vanilla server rotation and it'll be glorious.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Nothing more satisfying than headshotting a pilot of a littlebird.

Oh wait, kind of -
Dude took another heli up to my snipe position, hopped out, tried to kill me... ended up taking his heli.

30 seconds later, came back and did what he tried to do but succeeded. Hopped out, domed him with the unica, got rid of his radio, flew off to go on a nice littlebird spree.

A few of them can be satisfying, but most of them are frustrating jumping through hoops like a little dog for DICE's amusement. Don't even get me started the campaign weapons, which are the most transparent manipulation of all. Other stuff like requiring jet kills is just torturing the gaming population.

I always thought achievement boosting was pretty lame, but I think assignment boosting is 100% valid.

I always thought achievement boosting was pretty lame, but I think assignment boosting is 100% valid.

If the assignments they give out are not only total shit, but actively promote hurting your team's chances of winning, then I have absolutely no problem in boosting for it. The GOL assignment for example just made people camp in the tower and disregard every other objective just to get the unlock.

Assignments should be similar to how it is with the CS5 assignment, encourage players to use their gadgets and spot for their team.

VariantX

I despise them. But that distaste goes all the way back to BF3. Assignments should encourage players to be more effective users of equipment and classes, not grinding marksman ribbons on a specific set of towers. You end up with a bunch of folks not capping or defending objectives, but piling in a small area for a shot at triggering a level gimmick, just so they can unlock another weapon they paid for. Sad part is, I don't even get mad at people anymore for doing it, because at the end of the day, they paid their hard earned money for the expansions and want to use everything they have to offer, and that includes weapon unlocks. It's not their fault they have to do stupid shit to get at that new shiny weapon, its DICE who is the blame for that behavior.

Pffft, that's easy though. Anyone can sit on an MAV way back in their spawn or somewhere barely anyone will pass by and just spot assist all day.

That feeling when you're MVP on the winning team with 0-0 KDR from the MAV

The shit like "get a jet kill, get 5 kills on a tower before it's destroyed so we're making it a 'PLZ RUIN ME' SIGN!" is annoying as shit. DICE really should stop locking the weapons behind those. :/

i was in E! the enemy team even capped E twice and left and nobody seemed to even give a second thought to trying to find out why they started losing E as soon as they left!

and yeah man, they went off the deep end starting in BF3 with that Jet/Tank/Gun kill in 1 life and been drowning ever since.

Orcus

I fired on a helicopter a couple of different times on Silk Road and it popped flares twice back to back on two separate instances(wasn't just a one time glitch and yes it was the same helicopter). What the hell GAF?
That is from two people switching between the pilot seat during flight to reset the countermeasure cool down timer. You used to be able to do it by yourself, but luckily they patched it out. It's lame, so I never do it unless some bonehead bails out of the little bird in a survivable situation.

One of the most frustrating things about this game is riding with snipers who bail out of the little bird once they get to their sniper position. I usually try to save the bird but die a lot doing it.

If the assignments they give out are not only total shit, but actively promote hurting your team's chances of winning, then I have absolutely no problem in boosting for it. The GOL assignment for example just made people camp in the tower and disregard every other objective just to get the unlock.

Assignments should be similar to how it is with the CS5 assignment, encourage players to use their gadgets and spot for their team.

I mean, thank god its not fir a weapon, but shit like land on top of the tower, get 10 kills in a single life? Are they for real?

Spl1nter

GOL assignment was super easy, no need to camp if you use the SRAW

I mean, thank god its not fir a weapon, but shit like land on top of the tower, get 10 kills in a single life? Are they for real?

I got that by flying very close to the tower, I missed the tower two previous times.

TheSeks

GOL assignment was super easy, no need to camp if you use the SRAW

And get those kills in time? Sure, I guess. I guess if you also have a PLD/SOFLAMer to let you lock with the SRAW quickly if you can't snipe infrantry off the tower/no infantry alone, it's possible.

But a lot of people on launch thought it meant snipers on the tower. When it's simply any kill on the tower. The bullshit is when people just camp around the tower to kill anyone trying to set up there to get it. It's counter-productive.

Top Bottom