• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What.

You can SWIM under it?!

Yes. And there's an alternate route besides the "hill" to C now that they put in under-ground stuff for the new tower.

It's actually a pretty amazing map with all the changes. It was good before, but it's even better now.

Metro is the only one that I don't care for. Oman could still be good but GOD they changed the first set in Rush.

And on Sabotage all the maps are too close for the sets. Metro makes sense, I guess... but the other three? REALLY? REALLY!? Firestorm and Oman both, REALLY!?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
The only reason I'm enjoying metro is, well... Meatgrinder. If I want to get easy kills really quickly, there are so many little spots to set up a tent and chew up the opposition.

Caspian Border will only be better after I explore for a while.

Firestorm, still the same glory that I enjoyed in BF3

Oman, for some reason, I just dislike. The dust storm really should start later in the match.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Metro hasn't been so bad on CTF. There aren't enough soldiers to block off all the entrances to upstairs, since some have to be going after the enemy flag.

I've only played it on CTF and Conquest so far though. Is the map bigger on any of the other modes? I miss the first area.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Only Rush and Sabotage have the first set, AFAIK. The other two are in the Metro/tunnel itself. Conquest puts the last set in with the Metro.

njean777

Finally got to play the ps4 version tonight without it being a laggy mess. Man I love the game when it isn't terribly laggy. Don't really care for the second assault maps at all though. I really just stick to the base game maps. I didn't care for China Rising maps either. Maybe next time I will just stick with the base game and not get the dlc, it seems with BF I really never care for the DLC other then the base maps. It was like this for 3 and I guess I didn't learn my lesson. I still have hope I may like one of the other DLC's.

Metro hasn't been so bad on CTF. There aren't enough soldiers to block off all the entrances to upstairs, since some have to be going after the enemy flag.

I've only played it on CTF and Conquest so far though. Is the map bigger on any of the other modes? I miss the first area.

i dunno about BF4 but in BF3, Squad Deathmatch was in the park, and Obliteration is in the park in BF4.

AlexBasch

So, apparently I'm not so shit in BF3 PC anymore, but now I'm wondering. If I can run the game quite fine on Medium and I don't really care about graphics since I play in 1366x768 anyway, how would I run BF4 on all low?

My specs are
AMD FX 4130
5670 1GB DDR3
4GB RAM

See, it's not that great or anything but it gets the job done and I don't get fps drops at all. I might improve upon that later this year, but if that works to get BF4 running on low and 720p or even a bit lower, I wouldn't mind.

Preemo

Banned
Shotgun is also broken:

Only in Battlefield™

i always get cheesed like this too when using a shotgun. its definitely something not performing as it should be. i like many of the shotguns in general though, still effective when playing on most infantry maps/modes.

so i was trying to unlock the GOL today but on my way to the top i encountered an enemy squad that fell to my knife and shorty, and at the end of the round i discovered that any floor counts for those 5 tower kills. you don't have to be at the top!

JJD

so i was trying to unlock the GOL today but on my way to the top i encountered an enemy squad that fell to my knife and shorty, and at the end of the round i discovered that any floor counts for those 5 tower kills. you don't have to be at the top!

Man that is why I love you Faceless! You always bring the good news! ;-)

Maybe I'll be able to unlock the GOL even if I can't snipe for shit. Did you get it? The sniper ribbon has to be on the same round?

The F2000 assignment is retarded too.

Tried to unlock it playing legit, with my usual assault load out (Ace 23, medbag and defibs) I went 56 - 3 in my first game and 43 - 4 in the second (I love metro!!!) and didn't unlock it.

Tried the LVG for the first time ever, joined a game with less than 100 tickets remaining and got the F2000 on my first LVG try...

It's like Dice wants to teach players to troll with those assignments. Be a dumbass sniper and forget the objectives on the top of the tower and get five kills! Spam explosives like a madman on metro and get a shiny new gun!!!

SMH...

mitchman

Gold Member
New patch changelog from http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064774554765480/

PS4 Game Update Feb 21
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

Yay! Hope they didn't break too much.

JJD

I just got the Veteran battle pack on PS4 after I downloaded the patch.

Got a couple of other battle packs too, including a Gold calendar battle pack. Maybe I'm getting the battle packs that didn't unlock earlier? Last weekend I played saturday and sunday and only got one Gold BP.

The MAV glitch fix will help a lot on metro, but there is still places were you can go on the roof without it. One of then only requires a friend to go prone for you to jump on him and on the roof. Hope they fix that too.

(Sorry for the off topic post)

I don't want to bump the BF3 thread, so I guess I'll post here. I'm new to PC gaming, and just got BF3 on Origin. If anyone wants to play, let me know! Send me a friend request at r0ck3tbunny! Going to be spending a lot of time on there between BF3, Rivals, and Titanfall! Thanks and see ya online :]

Seriously considering buying BF3 Premium instead of BF4 because BF4 Premium seems to be literally the only BF thing not on sale at the moment in Origin, and yeah.

Already bought BF2 Complete because c'moooon for €2.49 that's awesome.

i like many of the shotguns in general though, still effective when playing on most infantry maps/modes.

Saiga 12 and 870 too fun. :D The Hawk is beast as well.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That's it huh?

That's depressing.
It's the latest PC Patch... its more a hotfix than a full patch.
You know what bug i want fixed bad? Laser spots getting stuck in geometry.

BTW i noticed something last night: I emptied a clip on a dude got no hit markers he shot me once and killed me (No headshot) and his HP showed as 0.
The HP 0 bug might be related to lag too.

Mafro

I just got the Veteran battle pack on PS4 after I downloaded the patch.

Got a couple of other battle packs too, including a Gold calendar battle pack. Maybe I'm getting the battle packs that didn't unlock earlier? Last weekend I played saturday and sunday and only got one Gold BP.

The MAV glitch fix will help a lot on metro, but there is still places were you can go on the roof without it. One of then only requires a friend to go prone for you to jump on him and on the roof. Hope they fix that too.
Got my veteran battepack as well. The gold one you got might be the reward tor the last community challenge where you had to collect dogtags, the were given out yesterday.

Shadybiz

Decent update; hopefully that spawning/crashing issue really is fixed. Happened to me for the first time last night, which sucked because I was having a really good round. I didn't want to wait until it was over (still at around 300 or so tickets), because I was playing with a friend.

Had a good match on Oman last night; went 17-14, and got 2nd place. The squad leader was really good for a change, and switched objectives as needed. One of the guys on the squad was a dick...when I hopped into his transport, he just wouldn't go..would start and stop, start and stop. I got fed up, exited, and then he went full bore towards the objective. That's okay...I can look past his insecurities.

Had one TERRIBLE match on Floodzone. God I hate that map. I went 8-21, lost 7 skill, yet still got 6th place. I swear I got stuck on thin air, and got killed as a result, no less than 10 times in that round. I will favorite the first custom server on PS4 that excludes Floodzone.

Finished off the night with a decent-ish round on Rogue. I played support for awhile on that one...what's the verdict on the Type 88 vs. the LSAT?

mitchman

Gold Member
Aint this a netcode issue?...

that "pock" sound when you die instantly? means the server didn't send the animation / sounds at a correct rate.

Yeah, I believe it's just that all the shots get into the same 100ms interval or some such, so the server won't tell the client that it was multiple shots. It will now, presumably. Good change, might reduce the complaints about a "one shot" kill.

Semper88

New patch changelog from http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064774554765480/

Yay! Hope they didn't break too much.

Yeah, I believe it's just that all the shots get into the same 100ms interval or some such, so the server won't tell the client that it was multiple shots. It will now, presumably. Good change, might reduce the complaints about a "one shot" kill.

Its always nice to be able or at least given the perception of fighting back instead being insta killed :D

will defenitly be better for my inner peace instead of "pock" you dead..

Had one TERRIBLE match on Floodzone. God I hate that map. I went 8-21, lost 7 skill, yet still got 6th place. I swear I got stuck on thin air, and got killed as a result, no less than 10 times in that round. I will favorite the first custom server on PS4 that excludes Floodzone.

Finished off the night with a decent-ish round on Rogue. I played support for awhile on that one...what's the verdict on the Type 88 vs. the LSAT?

I hated Flood Zone till I made it my LMG map.

I used the PKP, 3 claymore perk, and patrol between B & C.

Usually I hang at the balcony off to the side of C and rain death all around me lol.
I triple clay up B base, sometimes the back door of the balcony to keep me safe from guys coming from D to sneak up on me.
Even triple laying 3 off the stairwell exits spread out around B&C is effective.
Burst firing the belt feed LMG is killer for suppression and taking guys out coming from E over the rooftops to B.

Got about 600 PKP kills and now Im using the MG-4 for unlocks.

Minion101

Banned
A Battlefield franchise sale is now going on and the free "BATTLEFIELD 4™ HANDGUN SHORTCUT KIT" is now active. BF4 premium is NOT on sale.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
it's fucking amazing, that in PAID DLC, you have to work for the weapons you've paid for. Just have them unlocked and keep the assignments for those who give a shit about them.

Yeah, it's bewildering that you have to actually progress in games you purchase and not be max level and have everything since you paid for the game.

If you have to break down what you actually "paid for", you paid for the maps, the unlocks and whatnot are just incentives to continue to play.

I hated Flood Zone till I made it my LMG map.

This is a good plan. I used to use LMGs all the time back in the CoD MW days. 'course, I'd still occasionally reload with only 10% of the mag gone and get killed. Good times.

BF4 premium is NOT on sale.

If you were buying BF4 now, you could buy the Premium bundle for €30 less than usual! They're deliberately screwing people who already own the game. :/

I bought BF3 Premium and am going back to that in protest. Sigh.

Of course giving them more money isn't really a protest so much as it is blind consumerism but what can you do.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A couple more months and BF4 will be ready for launch
:(

I believe we're 2 big patches away from the Release Candidate Build.
When it works, BF4 is so damn fun (Hella better than BF3) but man... its been rough.

The lack of infantry maps has finally taken its toll. I've reached a point where I won't get in a vehicle unless we're losing.

I will say Oman is fun, but the flag layout is amazingly bland. Conversely, firestorm feels like the same shitfest as before, only with more snipers and two random caps no on wants to cross the road to get.

zma1013

Can someone explain the phenomenon of why the old maps feel smaller? Does my guy run faster or are they scaled down or something? Is it all in my head?

Can someone explain the phenomenon of why the old maps feel smaller? Does my guy run faster or are they scaled down or something? Is it all in my head?

Oman and Caspian don't seem any smaller to me. Can't speak for Firestorm and Metro because I didn't care enough for either of them in BF3 and still don't in BF4.

Mafro

Caspian Border is definitely smaller compared to the PC version in BF3. I thought it was just me until someone pointed out that some of the points were closer together than before.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Finally got to play the ps4 version tonight without it being a laggy mess. Man I love the game when it isn't terribly laggy. Don't really care for the second assault maps at all though. I really just stick to the base game maps. I didn't care for China Rising maps either. Maybe next time I will just stick with the base game and not get the dlc, it seems with BF I really never care for the DLC other then the base maps. It was like this for 3 and I guess I didn't learn my lesson. I still have hope I may like one of the other DLC's.

What is you psn Id? I'm a Philly guy as well.

njean777

Hey dice thanks for fixing that stuff on ps4, but when are you gonna fix the rubber banding? That should have been fixed first before anything fucking else. Well maybe the crashes were on the same level, but this rubber banding has got to be fixed.

patches are always nice but the rubberbanding is seriously annoying. I was getting genuinely mad the other night and I rarely get mad at games.

turnbuckle

Forgive me for looking up your stats, but dude you've played for 300 hours. I'd agree it seems pretty fast, but how long should it take? 500 hours? 1000? Honest question. I mean if you're really looking to dump that kind of time into the game, just start over on a fresh account. Lots of people do that.

Well, if you buy premium then it's expected that you'll plan on playing for at least a year or so. I could have hit the cap a long long time ago if I used my XP boosters as I got them. That time also includes the campaign (I'm not sure if it counts the time when I had the game erase everything on me twice or not, but I did eventually convince my brother to unlock the campaign guns for me lol). Nevermind that the first 50-60 hours of the game I was just plain awful. Like a K/D ratio of .5 awful. And I'm not so great now either haha.

But yeah, I definitely binged on the game a lot and a few hundred hours is a ton. But when new content is constantly being released (assuming you're premium or plan to buy all the DLC) and there are new assignments and game modes etc. as well as plenty of camo/attachments/emblems/etc. still to be unlocked I think it makes sense to bump up the level cap. It's not like this is an RPG where you get better stats as you level and face the threat of some power creep. They design the game to entice us with unlocks, but once you get to a certain point you hit a wall. 110 seems like an odd number for a cap. And for a more skilled player who makes smart use of XP boosters, they could easily hit that level cap in a third of the time I did.

No need to be forgiven for looking up my stats btw. They're embarrassingly bad but it's all good :p

Overdoziz

Banned
(Hella better than BF3)
As someone who played Rush pretty much exclusively in BF3 I can't agree with this. The faster killtimes, bad netcode, no good overtime and increased playercount with less tickets on small maps makes the gametype pretty miserable especially for the attacking team. Then there's general stuff like instantly/quickly respawning vehicles (was also an issue in BF3 sometimes), oversaturation of the sandbox and screwed up and inconsistent vehicle balancing.

The game killed off the interest of pretty much the entire group I played with and all I play now in BF4 is 64 player Conquest to screw around in. It's enjoyable, but I'm not nearly having as much fun as I had in BF3 Rush.
They've added a lot of hills for extra cover to Caspian Border which can make it feel smaller.

Top Bottom