• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What is that phantom thing? You get a cool dogtag?

Anyone knows where i can find all the requirements for it?

iamjohn

Now that I've traded in every single game except BF4, I'm about to put a lot of hours into this. Here's to hoping I don't decide to trade this in as well.

What is that phantom thing? You get a cool dogtag?

Anyone knows where i can find all the requirements for it?

Which Phantom assignment? The first? The mystery fourth one?

fake edit:
But in short to unlock all Phantom Assignments
You'll need to have Premium:
in Battlelog on your browser: Click on the Leaderboards menu item and scroll to the bottom of the page, find a small skull on the left hand side. Click this skull. Wait until you are asked to enter a pass code.

Code 1: bumpinthenight
Code 2: epic dream worlds
Code 3: 24344241893
Code 4:

i'd love to pick up some of the expansion packs and get back into this on ps4, but i just have too much stuff to play right now. still considering it. what are the best expansions? i was watching some streaming of dragon's teeth and the maps looked pretty good. also, how is the network performance on ps4? improved?

Norua

Banned
i'd love to pick up some of the expansion packs and get back into this on ps4, but i just have too much stuff to play right now. still considering it. what are the best expansions? i was watching some streaming of dragon's teeth and the maps looked pretty good. also, how is the network performance on ps4? improved?

People will only tell you what they think about each map packs. It's just opinions. They can't really tell you if YOU are going to enjoy the maps.
Bottom line is that there is some good and some bad in each DLC. It's always 4 maps and usually 2 are good, 1 is meh and 1 is bad. But again, opinions.

If you have so much stuff to play on the side then play that and keep playing BF4 on vanilla maps. If in a few weeks you're done with the other games and still crave some BF4, then go for Premium.

mitchman

Gold Member

China Rising if you like vehicular combat, Dragon's Teeth if you like infantry combat, Naval Strike if you like a bit of both but with boats. 2nd assault is a bit of a mixed bag, but as always opinions differs on which map is best etc.

Returners

Hey guys, just wondering about the value of Premium if I jump in now on PS4.

Other than all of the DLCs, what other perks am I getting?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey guys, just wondering about the value of Premium if I jump in now on PS4.

Other than all of the DLCs, what other perks am I getting?

Phantom Assignments, Battlepacks from the start of the program and the rest for the rest of the program and the remaining 2XP weekends.

fake edit:
in Battlelog on your browser: Click on the Leaderboards menu item and scroll to the bottom of the page, find a small skull on the left hand side. Click this skull. Wait until you are asked to enter a pass code.

Code 4: 5ab07a6e5

Tubie

I never bothered with the the Phantom stuff. Would have almost everything done from normal play if I had put in the codes months ago lol.

TheSeks

I never bothered with the the Phantom stuff. Would have almost everything done from normal play if I had put in the codes months ago lol.

So... do them now? You still got time?

Tubie

So... do them now? You still got time?

Yea I put in the codes yesterday. Also noticed you can work on all 3 assignments at the same time. Doubt I will do the jets part tho, maybe if it's like the only thing I have left and there's some awesome future reward for completing the whole thing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

fake edit:

Code 4:
Thank you dude!

Also PS4 server update:
PS4 Server Update Notes Aug 5

-Fix for an issue where Battle Pickups couldn't be picked up by players
-Fix for an issue where players would spawn beneath the terrain

-Chain Link default time limit changed to 20 minutes
-Various backend related fixes
BASED DICE!!! YESS!

TheSeks

Outside of some CTE (and losing a round in 64 Rush because that's all PC players do. :/) I haven't really touched the game in a few weeks. The stuttering on Dragons Teeth and the netcode feeling like I'm in molasses really kills it.

Yea I put in the codes yesterday. Also noticed you can work on all 3 assignments at the same time. Doubt I will do the jets part tho, maybe if it's like the only thing I have left and there's some awesome future reward for completing the whole thing.

hehe, i set to do them exactly for that, hoping that the fourth item is a special handgun or something and you need to have all previous ones completed.

it's going to be a Battlelog emblem, isn't it

Tubie

hehe, i set to do them exactly for that, hoping that the fourth item is a special handgun or something and you need to have all previous ones completed.

it's going to be a Battlelog emblem, isn't it

This is what I'm worried about, them not making it a significant reward. I'm sure I can get the jet kills and everything they can put out, but I won't go out of my way till I know it's worth it.

This is what I'm worried about, them not making it a significant reward. I'm sure I can get the jet kills and everything they can put out, but I won't go out of my way till I know it's worth it.

yeah, so far the dogtag is the nicest. the snakeskin weapon camo is fugly and the soldier camos are all just worthless as they keep resetting and no one can see you wearing any "cool" threads anyways :D

Finally got the Jump Master assignment completed. I went 24-0 in a T-90 tank on Firestorm. Think I flew the transport chopper around 16-0. Closest calls came in the beginning where I was being shot by a chopper and then some dude tried to C4 me with a vehicle but I moved just in time and shot him when he jumped out. He was close to me so I don't know why he didn't just place the C4 on....idiot. Only other highlight was taking out 3 guys on the tower with 1 shot. I saved the clip but haven't made a video of it.

Norua

Banned
Code 4: 5ab07a6e5

This code works for the 3rd code, but it's not the answer to the code for Phase 4. The fact that Phase 4 is already showing is a Battlelog bug and will be removed soon.

Also, the AMTRAC isn't a deathtrap on Pearl Market if you have a decent gunner.

TheSeks

This code works for the 3rd code, but it's not the answer to the code for Phase 4. The fact that Phase 4 is already showing is a Battlelog bug and will be removed soon.

I'm not seeing a fourth one. But there is a two part code input for the third one.

TheSeks

A DICE dev explained on Battlelog that you could input one or the other, but that's it. The second thing that appeared was just a bug.

Ah. Weird. The way it was worded it needed both to unlock for me. *shrug*

----

Arm Sabotage point by myself, team somehow holds it in the first five minutes of a match. Proceed to lose the round because teammates proceed to try to revive me while C4 is being thrown over the wall of Propaganda.

Idiots.
KCSeU4L.png
All this while the server/game stutters me.

Spl1nter

Battlefield blog makes a post about the CTE changes, comments full of people complaining about visual recoil because they don't understand that it was randomized before now. Too funny. They probably could of worded it better but the comments are priceless.

TheSeks

Battlefield blog makes a post about the CTE changes, comments full of people complaining about visual recoil because they don't understand that it was randomized before now. Too funny. They probably could of worded it better but the comments are priceless.

I'm only seeing one comment tree. Unless they're using something not "recoil" for CTRL+F'ing.

I don't think that I'll ever unlock the GOL Magnum.

Hardcore TDM or Domination in Firestorm, whichever mode had the tower in the smaller map area. Take a DMR or whatever you're comfortable with, one hit kills, you'll get it in one round.

Just climb to the first platform, no need to go any higher. Bonus tip: Plant a claymore on top of the ladder as soon as you're up to avoid sneaky guys.

TheSeks

Are the HUD, soldier movement, and visual recoil changes in CTE? Could someone provide examples? Have DICE mentioned anything regarding vehicle balancing? Specifically improving counter-measures (timer) and changing or removing auto-repairs on disables.

Facism

Natural Selection 2 got a massive update that pretty much eliminated stutter and improved late-game fps so i've been playing that instead of this shitpile.

It's amazing how an indie game with a community dev team can do a better multiplayer game than big old EA/DICE.

Tubie

Natural Selection 2 got a massive update that pretty much eliminated stutter and improved late-game fps so i've been playing that instead of this shitpile.

It's amazing how an indie game with a community dev team can do a better multiplayer game than big old EA/DICE.

You can't compare just any multiplayer game to BF4. If BF4 had no destructive building, no levolution, gun and bullet physics were simpler, had less players in a match, then the game would run perfectly.

Planetside 2 would be a better game to compare BF4 to, and that wasn't made by some indie dev lol. Still tho, that game doesn't have the level interaction BF4 has with buildings and pretty much everything in the map.

TheSeks

You can't compare just any multiplayer game to BF4. If BF4 had no destructive building, no levolution, gun and bullet physics were simpler, had less players in a match, then the game would run perfectly.

Yes he can. Double so when BF3 ran just damn fine. There is no excuse for BF4 and Frostbite 3 to be a huge downgrade from Frostbite 2 outside of "LOL NEXT GEN CONSOLES LOL"

Hiding behind "destruction" is stupid when BC2 and BF3 both had it four years ago and BOTH ran (mostly) fine compared to BF4 which has had memory leaks on PC since launch, Crash to Desktop (which was thankfully fixed), save eating (on PS4) and stutter/lag/netcode issues since launch.

Tubie

Yes he can. Double so when BF3 ran just damn fine. There is no excuse for BF4 and Frostbite 3 to be a huge downgrade from Frostbite 2 outside of "LOL NEXT GEN CONSOLES LOL"

Hiding behind "destruction" is stupid when BC2 and BF3 both had it four years ago and BOTH ran (mostly) fine compared to BF4 which has had memory leaks on PC since launch, Crash to Desktop (which was thankfully fixed), save eating (on PS4) and stutter/lag/netcode issues since launch.

That's from the game being launched a year early and then EA asking DICE to develop 2 more big games on top of fixing BF4 and working on 3 of the 5 DLC packs (They didn't even have time to add levolution to CR). I don't think DICE can be blamed for EAs evil doings. When they are allowed to work and focus on something they can do great things, just compare the maps made by DICE LA and DICE Sweden, there's a very clear difference in quality. It's the main reason I think Hardline will suck.

Also, Netcode wise, BF4 (after the netcode patch) is the best of any BF game ever in that department. Someone posted in this thread a video testing this a while back.

TheSeks

Also, Netcode wise, BF4 (after the netcode patch) is the best of any BF game ever in that department. Someone posted in this thread a video testing this a while back.

Then why am I still getting "packet loss" in BF4 when any other online title I throw on will not give me "packetloss"? "Improved netcode," my ass. The only thing they did was update the "tickrate"/response time to the server and some people think that's the magical bullet. No, Frostbite 3's netcode sucks, double-so when you look at BF3 which rarely had stuttering and/or lag in matches.

You can sit and blame EA for DICE's problems, I don't blame you. But there is no excuse for the state of the game 10 months later still having issues from launch. That "we won't release DLC until we fix the game" was complete bullshit. I can join a majority of servers and still get random bits of lag when I could play 5+ hours of BF3 just damn fine without any lag going on.

Top Bottom