• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Are the HUD, soldier movement, and visual recoil changes in CTE? Could someone provide examples? Have DICE mentioned anything regarding vehicle balancing? Specifically improving counter-measures (timer) and changing or removing auto-repairs on disables.

First thing you see when you check Advanced Options in the Gameplay tab:
68a105c034.jpg

(Second to last option is Vehicle Occupancy HUD Visibility)

Options to adjust the HUD:
81baf539ad.jpg

(Last one is Explosives, Ammo, and Medic Pack Zoom)

6d96aa3402.jpg

(You have the exact same options for friendly icons as well)

Options to adjust the minimap:
c7caf329d9.jpg

Soldier movement in CTE as of today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeT--amLEfs&feature=youtu.be
(Sorry for the quality)
It's very similar to BF3, although you can't bunnyhop like you could in that game. I don't think there's any speed penalty for making sharp turns, but I'm not sure on that one.

For visual recoil, this is one example with the Kobra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdcuT9l5m0&feature=youtu.be
(Sorry for the quality)

This happens with most sights now if I'm not mistaken. As a result the crosshair/dot when aiming down sights will be exactly where the bullet will go when you shoot. Before this it was simply in the middle of the weapon attachment, giving misinformation to the player about where exactly their bullets would go when they shoot. Visual recoil changes will also be done for pistol ironsights as well IIRC.

They did mention there will be vehicle changes and perhaps even changes to the physics in how vehicles handle as well, but as of right now nothing is set in stone, that and the next initiative for them to focus on is teamwork/teamplay, so it's not a major priority for them at the moment.

As a side-note, they have removed trigger delay on the revolvers, but it looks wonky as they made the animations to work with the trigger delay in mind. They also said that fixing those animations won't be happening soon, so it'll probably take a while for them to fix that.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Hardcore TDM or Domination in Firestorm, whichever mode had the tower in the smaller map area. Take a DMR or whatever you're comfortable with, one hit kills, you'll get it in one round.

Just climb to the first platform, no need to go any higher. Bonus tip: Plant a claymore on top of the ladder as soon as you're up to avoid sneaky guys.

thanks for these tips!

I gave up on this assignment after literally only playing firestorm for 10 days. A horrible 10 days of destroying my stats and rage quitting.

First thing you see when you check Advanced Options in the Gameplay tab:
http://puu.sh/aK8i4/68a105c034.jpg
(Second to last option is Vehicle Occupancy HUD Visibility)

Options to adjust the HUD:
http://puu.sh/aK7Wm/81baf539ad.jpg
(Last one is Explosives, Ammo, and Medic Pack Zoom)

http://puu.sh/aK81w/6d96aa3402.jpg
(You have the exact same options for friendly icons as well)

Options to adjust the minimap:
http://puu.sh/aK8bs/c7caf329d9.jpg

Soldier movement in CTE as of today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeT--amLEfs&feature=youtu.be
(Sorry for the quality)
It's very similar to BF3, although you can't bunnyhop like you could in that game. I don't think there's any speed penalty for making sharp turns, but I'm not sure on that one.

For visual recoil, this is one example with the Kobra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdcuT9l5m0&feature=youtu.be
(Sorry for the quality)

This happens with most sights now if I'm not mistaken. As a result the crosshair/dot when aiming down sights will be exactly where the bullet will go when you shoot. Before this it was simply in the middle of the weapon attachment, giving misinformation to the player about where exactly their bullets would go when they shoot. Visual recoil changes will also be done for pistol ironsights as well IIRC.

They did mention there will be vehicle changes and perhaps even changes to the physics in how vehicles handle as well, but as of right now nothing is set in stone, that and the next initiative for them to focus on is teamwork/teamplay, so it's not a major priority for them at the moment.

As a side-note, they have removed trigger delay on the revolvers, but it looks wonky as they made the animations to work with the trigger delay in mind. They also said that fixing those animations won't be happening soon, so it'll probably take a while for them to fix that.

You. Are. The. Best.

Thanks!

Edit: Wish they would add a toggle to disable medals/ribbons, bottom kill feed, and XP notifications. So annoying.

Facism

You can't compare just any multiplayer game to BF4. If BF4 had no destructive building, no levolution, gun and bullet physics were simpler, had less players in a match, then the game would run perfectly.

Planetside 2 would be a better game to compare BF4 to, and that wasn't made by some indie dev lol. Still tho, that game doesn't have the level interaction BF4 has with buildings and pretty much everything in the map.

Yo, i get your point. Silly comparison on my behalf. It's all the same to me when i've spent money :p

Gurrry

Lol.. trying to play this game for the first time since the free promo.

Not going well.

Making me install a fucking web browser plug in to start the game? Yeah.. how about I just not do that and uninstall the game instead?

Its 20 fucking 14. This should never happen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Making me install a fucking web browser plug in to start the game? Yeah.. how about I just not do that and uninstall the game instead?

Welcome to 2010? BF3 did that as well, you should've known going forward that's what they were doing since "Battlelog" has been around.

But thanks for not trying the game, yo.

Ocho

Lol.. trying to play this game for the first time since the free promo.

Not going well.

Its 20 fucking 14. This should never happen.

I actually prefer their method.

edit: double post #yolo

VariantX

Ok, I tried to play BF4 on the PC through the 1 week free trial period and I keep getting random freezes during gameplay. The game of course, runs every bit as good as the PS4 version if not better + @1080p when the freezes don't happen. I'm also having issues just loading the maps. I'll load into a game, and it will either let me load the game and play, or I'll be perpetually stuck at the loading map screen. Also, it ALWAYS sticks at the loading screen when transitioning to a new map. Is this due to me not having enough VRAM on my end or is it something else?

Here are my general specs:

HD 6870 1 GB
I5 2500k @ 3.2 ghz
8 GB Memory
Windows 7 Professional

Gurrry

Welcome to 2010? BF3 did that as well, you should've known going forward that's what they were doing since "Battlelog" has been around.

But thanks for not trying the game, yo.

It just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I imagine theyre opening up this free demo to hopefully attract new users? This isnt exactly user friendly. I guess I didnt know this was standard for BF games since I have never played one before. Ill keep trying but I keep running into errors and it never connects.

You need a screen to get kills, Kane? Pff.

I actually prefer their method.

edit: double post #yolo

I'm not good enough, still need a screen. And I like the method they're using as well, prefer that over BC2 style browser.

Ok, I tried to play BF4 on the PC through the 1 week free trial period and I keep getting random freezes during gameplay. The game of course, runs every bit as good as the PS4 version if not better + @1080p when the freezes don't happen. I'm also having issues just loading the maps. I'll load into a game, and it will either let me load the game and play, or I'll be perpetually stuck at the loading map screen. Also, it ALWAYS sticks at the loading screen when transitioning to a new map. Is this due to me not having enough VRAM on my end or is it something else?

Here are my general specs:

HD 6870 1 GB
I5 2500k @ 3.2 ghz
8 GB Memory
Windows 7 Professional

That happens to me sometimes as well, only way I know how to fix it is to simply close BF4 (through task manager if necessary), and then reconnect. Not exactly Ideal but it's better than nothing. Never had an issue with always getting stuck at the loading screen when transitioning maps though. I think Google might be your friend on that one.

mitchman

Gold Member
Then why am I still getting "packet loss" in BF4 when any other online title I throw on will not give me "packetloss"? "Improved netcode," my ass.

Some US ISPs are doing throttling of some traffic that accidentally also hits BF4. Are you in the US?

mitchman

Gold Member
I seriously doubt my small-town ISP is throttling connections to BF4. Why would they throttle to BF4 but not other services, double so when Battlelog isn't being DDoS'd right now?

They throttle Netflix and some mp games just happen to be hit as well, likely using the same port range. That several throttles Netflix is well known.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Decided to put these piece of shit in for the first time after so long.

11 patches in, I'm playing Conquest on Rogue whatever.

Five minutes into the match, both teammates and enemies are completely invisible aside from their triangles and name, if I'm even lucky for those to pop up.

Sound is completely dead aside from my own shots and footsteps/vehicle sounds.

Even if I wanted to, I wasn't able to turn on any XP boosts.

The last time I experienced this was on some China Rising map, so I stopped playing that map after it happened for the third time in a row.

Fuck this game. There will never be a game as broken as this, even after so many patches, there's still so many large problems with it, not even including the bullshit single player save glitch.

What a joke of a game, same to the people that allowed this garbage to be sold.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got a PS4 a few days ago, should I get BF4 from the PSN store for $29, knowing full well I may never play it again once destiny comes out?

MattDoza

I got a PS4 a few days ago, should I get BF4 from the PSN store for $29, knowing full well I may never play it again once destiny comes out?

I'm in the same predicament with the Premium sale running right now. I actually still really enjoy BF4, when it's not a rubber banding nightmare, but wonder if I'll really come back very much once Destiny is out.

Five minutes into the match, both teammates and enemies are completely invisible aside from their triangles and name, if I'm even lucky for those to pop up.

The last time I experienced this was on some China Rising map, so I stopped playing that map after it happened for the third time in a row.

Fuck this game. There will never be a game as broken as this, even after so many patches, there's still so many large problems with it, not even including the bullshit single player save glitch.

And still the EA warriors make posts about how it's fixed and completely fine. It disgusts me that people are OK with the state this is still in.

TheSeks

SUAVe Roadkills finished. *dances a jig* Now I can stop dicking around and finish getting Engineer to the same star level as the other classes. D:

JJD

And still the EA warriors make posts about how it's fixed and completely fine. It disgusts me that people are OK with the state this is still in.

Were you lurking the thread waiting for someone to post something like that? Lol!

If you go a couple pages back I actually defended someone who was complaining about the game while others were being skeptical, but screw that I'll be the "EA Warrior" this time!

The poster you quoted is either the unluckiest BF player ever, or he is just plain talking out of his ass because I've been playing this game since release and posting on this thread since the beginning and I never had all that stuff happen to me or seen anyone had all those issues at once, three times in a row.

Tubie

I've never in over 300 hours seen a bug where everyone is invisible for 5 minutes. Sure I've seen it a few seconds after I enter a server but not on that scale ever.

Sound bug is not as common as it used to be, but it always went away after a few seconds in.

I've never had problems using the XP Boosts.

I've played over 20 hours this past 2 weeks and over 10 hours this weekend and not once did I encounter any of the bugs the first guy mentioned, or any major bugs at all, so he must be super unlucky. But sure, call me an EA warrior.

Were you lurking the thread waiting for someone to post something like that? Lol!

If you go a couple pages back I actually defended someone who was complaining about the game while others were being skeptical, but screw that I'll be the "EA Warrior" this time!

The poster you quoted is either the unluckiest BF player ever, or he is just plain talking out of his ass because I've been playing this game since release and posting on this thread since the beginning and I never had all that stuff happen to me or seen anyone had all those issues at once, three times in a row.

I think some people just look for any excuse to hate on the game. I will never understand that. It would not be as popular as it is right now if it was as broken as some want to make it seem.

There's no denying this game is very inconsistent. The vast majority of people who are playing this game don't get into nearly as many issues and have the game working well enough for them to not complain about in various forums on the internet.

As a quick note, the issues that the poster you quoted has had sounds like the game hasn't fully loaded yet, although that usually only lasts a few seconds to a minute at most. The CTE devs have been working on tackling this issue with a Hardline style ready system at the start of the game, and a countdown after enough people are ready.

it's been completely fine since at least late February. peeps have been bandwagoning the EA hate for 3 years now. i swear the shit some people post is completely fabricated. i mean, i've seen some things in the 400+ hrs of playtime i have and nothing comes close to the stories from people who 'havent played in months but checked this piece of shit out to see how fucked up it still is' go thru.

where's the shadowplay/xboxrecortdthat/sharebutton of this stuff?

Dr Prob

Banned
it's been completely fine since at least late February.

Wait a second. Feel like you and I are probably on the same page in that we both love Battlefield, yet think that 4 has been less than ideal for a variety of reasons.

But Naval Strike came out in March and much of that expansion along with lingering stuff in the vanilla maps was a mess. There's "completely fine," "battlefield fine" and "wtf."

Game was operating between the last two thirds of that equation even fairly recently. So while it sucks that it's become an easy target and a go-to joke, that's what happens. Shit gets divisive and then there are battle lines, when really the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's not as good or as bad as some would make it out to be until you have either experience.

I'll blame playing on a European server, but tonight I would hit reload and often the animation wouldn't play completely. It would start and then my hands would be back in the normal position and a second later my ammo counter would fill up.

I don't have many problems with the game beyond the occasional crash, but I'm not going to claim the game works well for everyone or discount stories of problems, because the game has certainly earned its shitty reputation.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I never post in this thread, because as much as I love this game, I don't really care to talk about it much. It's weird. It's probably the most lopsided "play time vs. discussion interest" ratio of any game I've been into, lol. But anyways, I'd really love some more people to play with! I'm on XB1 and my gamertag = kittens dx.

I'll blame playing on a European server, but tonight I would hit reload and often the animation wouldn't play completely. It would start and then my hands would be back in the normal position and a second later my ammo counter would fill up.

I don't have many problems with the game beyond the occasional crash, but I'm not going to claim the game works well for everyone or discount stories of problems, because the game has certainly earned its shitty reputation.

Yeah this is a common glitch for me too, it does nothing to affect gameplay, the reload animation is just missing :D

And by this i mean yeah the game is broken beyond belief to be a 60€ retail product. But it is still very playable today and hell of a lot of fun with buddies! :) Some of those issues listed above i have not experienced, playing on the PS4.

Maybe after that september patch it will be out of Early Access?

Finally a premium sale so I finally get premium on PS4/PS3. Was it worth it guys? Am I going to regret this?

it's worth it if you play the game a lot, especially with friends so you have access to all the maps and get the bonus assignments/items.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I tried playing on the dragon's teeth maps again, and yep, it's the worst map pack for me so far. Not a single map I enjoy playing. I regret buying it.

Omni

All the DLC is dead on 360. Usually there's a single Second Assault or a single China Rising server going (never both) but Naval Strike isn't played whatsoever. Which is a shame because they're great maps

Dragon's Teeth is dying quickly too. But that's okay because it's trash anyway

Compared to BF3 it's all really quite jarring. Back then it seemed like a lot of people would hire servers and just have all DLC playlists and cycle through the best

I tried playing on the dragon's teeth maps again, and yep, it's the worst map pack for me so far. Not a single map I enjoy playing. I regret buying it.

i like the Dragon's Teeth maps! they really remind me a lot of the Aftermath map pack for BF3. a nice mix of vehicle and infantry combat with the occasional choppa.

TheSeks

I have to play 5 more hours of DT maps for the assignment, after that I will probably never play them again.

You will if you want Killjoy.

I got a 50 ticket match BEFORE that was available. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU LOCK THESE REQUIREMENTS BEHIND OTHER ASSIGNMENTS DICE!?

---

Prestige 23/Level 123 now. Geez, even with 2XP these levels take an entire DAY now at this rate unless you play Metro 24/7. :/

Top Bottom