• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What assignment is that?

Gold

HITMAN
(Reach rank 100 Pre-req)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Perform 10 Squad Wipes 10/10
Get 5 Kill Streak Stopped 5/5
Kill 3 Commander-designated High Value Targets3/3

And it isn't that hard, Faceless: Provided you have a commander that'll designate the HVT. I got the three WAY before 100 and then struggled slightly to get it but got it within like a week or two. If you play the NS maps with a commander and the enemy RCB is up, just Javelin it to death as quick as you can.

If Africa Harbor is in final strike than I'm definitely buying premium or at least the final strike pack.

ARICA.

This is on PC. Look at the server browser it looks like there are still quite a few that have the DLC markers on them. I assume that means they have the maps in rotation?

ONE of the maps, yes. That icon only pops up if they one A map from the pack in the rotation.

I've had that happen a few times. It's due to the server positioning stuff. Plus there's still a "slight" vortex toward knife animations.

As for maps:

SA (minus them fucking up Oman otherwise it's =) > NS = Vanilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragon Rising on Sabotage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> eating shit > Dragon Rising on other modes > Dragon Teeth

Mully

To the GAF player I T'd earlier tonight; had I known you were from GAF at the time, I'd have T'd you longer.

Asshole.

That game on Dawnbreaker was really frustrating since I was playing against a bunch of GAF members.

Also, damn you Faceless and your shitty mine the entrance of the team's base tactics, lol.

And it isn't that hard, Faceless: Provided you have a commander that'll designate the HVT. I got the three WAY before 100 and then struggled slightly to get it but got it within like a week or two. If you play the NS maps with a commander and the enemy RCB is up, just Javelin it to death as quick as you can.
part of the problem

they just don't seem to be interested in doing that. i've had like 3 chances and got 1. ok, more like 5 chances, but 2 didn't count as they were random awesome jet pilot dudes.

is this a door you want to open?

Asshole.

That game on Dawnbreaker was really frustrating since I was playing against a bunch of GAF members.

Also, damn you Faceless and your shitty mine the entrance of the team's base tactics, lol.
you're welcome.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Gonna hit rank 100.
Actually feel pretty good about that, seeing as though I hit rank 60 on a different account, too.

G_Berry

Banned
Gonna hit rank 100.
Actually feel pretty good about that, seeing as though I hit rank 60 on a different account, too.
I did this. Broke 100 on xbox one and bought bf again on ps4 a couple of weeks ago when my friends moved to next gen.

Almost level 60 already!

Feels good man.

TheSeks

part of the problem

they just don't seem to be interested in doing that. i've had like 3 chances and got 1. ok, more like 5 chances, but 2 didn't count as they were random awesome jet pilot dudes.

You just got unlucky. Again, if you do it on NS it most likely won't have jets to gain the killstreak bonuses/HVT on. You'll be dealing with boats and helicopters, muuuch easier to just spam lock-on weapons to get it with.

Tubie

Gonna hit rank 100.

Grats, you're like half way to cap!

No, seriously, I think I've been 119 forever. Even on double xp weekends ranks feel like they take forever, and I have a decent SPM. :(((

120-130 is like 8 million xp

This is on PC. Look at the server browser it looks like there are still quite a few that have the DLC markers on them. I assume that means they have the maps in rotation?

I think it is worth it on PC. I got back into the game about a month ago and had premium. I have been playing Naval Strike and Second Assault mostly. Not a ton of servers but they are there.

Bombless

I think it is worth it on PC. I got back into the game about a month ago and had premium. I have been playing Naval Strike and Second Assault mostly. Not a ton of servers but they are there.

On PC there's still quite a few servers rolling with DLC maps. The majority are vanilla though. Not regretting Premium one bit here and I've been since Day 1.

Kak.efes

Why so much Dragons Teeth hate when Ive been seeing so many youtubers saying Propaganda is one of the best BF4 maps?

It's one of the better infantry maps, not unlike Guilin Peaks, but you're not about to start playing China Rising for one map. Same applies to Dragon's Teeth.

Noshahr
Seine
Kharg
Damavand(Rush at least)
Bazaar
Caspian

all better than BF4 vanilla maps(save for Paracel). BF4 broke out a bit with some cool stuff I suggested back during BF3(flags placed on an island that you need watercraft to get to...Lancang Dam and Paracel) but otherwise the maps aren't that great.

Nvzman

My friends who play this have no idea what they are talking about.
They say that BF3 had more destruction, the netcode is better than BF4, and the map design was better in BF3.
They also believe everyone who has played bf4 thinks this too. I sure as hell don't. Fuck BF3 and it's bunny-hopping, bipod filled, cod-map style bullshit.
Does gaf think that BF3 is a better game?

My friends who play this have no idea what they are talking about.
They say that BF3 had more destruction, the netcode is better than BF4, and the map design was better in BF3.
They also believe everyone who has played bf4 thinks this too. I sure as hell don't. Fuck BF3 and it's bunny-hopping, bipod filled, cod-map style bullshit.
Does gaf think that BF3 is a better game?

I think it's a way better game, if even just for map quality alone. How often do you ever run into bi-pods? Because for some reason, I rarely do. COD-map style? How? And bunny-hopping? I'm pretty sure the movement is almost identical to BF4 and same with jumping...

BF3 did have more destruction (BC2 has more than both). BF3 has the infinitely better netcode and worked better as well from Day 1. BF3 had also had a better perk system, in the sense that you can choose a squad perk and one that would work well for the squad and situation as a whole. I feel BF4's perk system is way too... individual based and more annoying to manage.

Bombless

Went to blow up an asshole that was camping with his AA near his spawn (but not out of my bounds) with AT mines. Minutes later I get kicked without any justification. So petty.

CoD-Style map probably means Operation Metro (?).

Movement isn't identical, you have momentum in BF4 and it takes longer to get to your maximum sprinting speed.* You can bunny-hop in BF3 by jumping every 3 steps you make while sprinting, you can't do that in BF4.

BF3 had destruction in urban maps where you could shoot at buildings to drop debris on the enemy to kill them, other than that I don't see how BF3 had more destruction than BF4. Certainly isn't the case in vanilla maps as far as I'm aware, as they were very lackluster and was a very common complaint amongst people who played the game. I mean compare Zavod 311 to any of the vanilla BF3 maps, I'm pretty sure Zavod wins in terms of the destruction you can make. Both games have shit netcode, but BF3 did work a little better. I think they're just about the same at the moment. Perk system for both games have their pros and cons TBH. I don't think either one is inherently better than the other. Vanilla BF3 maps mostly consist of utter trash, some of them were clearly meant for lower player counts in mind, it was just a mishmash of trying to please everyone from different game modes to player counts, and for a game that was supposedly the true sequel to BF2, it did a miserable job at living up to those expectations.

I love both games, but I do like BF4 a little better when it works properly, if only for the vehicle combat (I didn't like the disable system in BF3). Also, in the September patch you'll get very BF3-like movement, it works pretty well so hopefully it'll be well received.

BF4 is the better game with 64 players. And I enjoy it more as I'm not called on to save the team from every disaster to happen as there are more intelligent players playing who can use some common sense and play the objective. I'm just not a fan of the vanilla maps especially Floodzone, Zavod, Shanghai and Dawnbreaker in Conquest mode. They are all pretty stagnant maps..flags rarely change hands.

I agree on most of those, but when it comes to infantry combat...Zavod can't be beat on vanilla maps.

Zavod and Guilin are by far the best infantry maps in the game, imo.

McHuj

I agree on most of those, but when it comes to infantry combat...Zavod can't be beat on vanilla maps.

Zavod and Guilin are by far the best infantry maps in the game, imo.

I think Zavod is one of my favorite maps all round (including all the DLC maps). IMO, I think on Conquest the objective locations have pretty good variety.

Do you guys think this game will keep its popularity after Hardline is out? I've been wondering if I should buy this, hardline or Titanfall as a long term online FPS investment, but I am not really sure which.

I don't feel the new COD at all.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think Battlefield 3 had much better DLC maps though. I'd really love another crop of Armored-Kill sized maps (China Rising is the closest we've got). Aftermath was a better Dragon's Teeth too. Plus Back to Karkand vs. Second Assault, well...

Kak.efes

Endgame (Nebandan Flats was such an awesome CTF map), Aftermath, and Karkand were all better than any of the DLC's released so far in BF4.

Do you guys think this game will keep its popularity after Hardline is out? I've been wondering if I should buy this, hardline or Titanfall as a long term online FPS investment, but I am not really sure which.

Nobody cares about Hardline. Destiny on the other hand will probably halve the player count. I personally don't get the appeal; the beta didn't do anything for me, but a lot of people seem to really like it.

KingJolly

Banned
Guys is Battlefield 4 still relevant now? I've been deciding between it and Destiny. Destiny will be newer and have more exploration but I want a crazy and let me emphaize crazy fun multiplayer game to tie me over till October 29 and BF4 has supposeldy a very good multiplayer?

TheSeks

Guys is Battlefield 4 still relevant now?

Yes? I mean, obviously it is if you're posting in this thread that's semi-active, yes?

Do you guys think this game will keep its popularity after Hardline is out?

Hardline

Everyone's reactions when you think it'll be relevant after that beta backlash:
ibtPI6zLzAMHeh.gif

Unless they bring out a new "beta"/demo that isn't as half-assed as that last one, I seriously think the fanbase will just stick with BF4 while some stragglers will go to Hardline because it's the "new shit."

TheSeks

You just said it, semi-active. Will it go dead once destiny and COD release?

No? BF3 didn't when CoD launched. Will it lose some of the base? Possibly. Will it still be active? Definitely.

The question is: Do you want the "new shit" or "old shit?" If new, go with Destiny. If old, go with BF4. They're both apples and oranges and I really don't see the need to exclude one from the other.

Hardline was a hard sell. i mean, when vets were saying it should be an expansion pack...

i guess peeps who like SP will be pretty interested after the latest trailer.

Asshole.

Ah, that was my first few matches back in a long time. It was extra satisfying to get kills on a fellow GAFer, so thanks! :p

Hardline is a joke of a game that shouldn't even have Battlefield i nits name. BF4 is the way to go until either BF5 or Star Wars Battlefront comes out.

Guys is Battlefield 4 still relevant now? I've been deciding between it and Destiny. Destiny will be newer and have more exploration but I want a crazy and let me emphaize crazy fun multiplayer game to tie me over till October 29 and BF4 has supposeldy a very good multiplayer?

It is more relevant that it has ever been. More maps, way less bug filled than launch and no other game offers its style of large scale multiplayer.

Hardline was a hard sell. i mean, when vets were saying it should be an expansion pack...

i guess peeps who like SP will be pretty interested after the latest trailer.

Hardline shouldn't be a BF game, let alone a battlefield game that people may be more interested in singleplayer than multi. Hardline makes me want to vomit.

On a plus note, I see more BF4 in my future, so you bastards better get ready for some quality revives.

Wow, I've really been tapping out of shooters. I had no idea. Why did they try and Hardline anyway? It looks like that Payday 2 game! Sad that people didn't like the beta, but to me BF has always been about mass warfare. It seemed really strange to focus on that!

Ah, that was my first few matches back in a long time. It was extra satisfying to get kills on a fellow GAFer, so thanks! :p

Hardline is a joke of a game that shouldn't even have Battlefield i nits name. BF4 is the way to go until either BF5 or Star Wars Battlefront comes out.

It is more relevant that it has ever been. More maps, way less bug filled than launch and no other game offers its style of large scale multiplayer.

Hardline shouldn't be a BF game, let alone a battlefield game that people may be more interested in singleplayer than multi. Hardline makes me want to vomit.

On a plus note, I see more BF4 in my future, so you bastards better get ready for some quality revives.

Ok, which package do I need to get all the goodies? Can I settle for a BF4 premium edition? I saw some good sales, but I have no idea if I need that + a season pass? All these SKUs are confusing the hell out of me.

Closing in on all the medals. Should have them in all by the end of the week. Need 11 defuse. 25 domination. A handful for both helicopters. A few more chain links and the 20 or so of the dreaded Commander Leadership ribbon.

Ok, which package do I need to get all the goodies? Can I settle for a BF4 premium edition? I saw some good sales, but I have no idea if I need that + a season pass? All these SKUs are confusing the hell out of me.

Battlefield 4 (The base game) + Battlefield 4 Premium (All the DLC plus Premium content included). Battlefield 4 Premium Does not include the base game, it's basically the season pass.

As far as I'm aware they haven't announced a Premium Edition that includes the base game and Premium.

Ok guys just bought BF4 for PS4 :) Where are all the PS4 BF players here?

If you wanna see who signed up for the PS4 ID list: http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/PS4.html

KingJolly

Banned
Wow, this games multiplayer is extremely fun. I was really overwhelmed at first, had no idea wtf was going on, just knew I was dieing a lot. After 5 mores games I'm starting to get.... somewhat used to the chaotic madness lol.

I'll probably end up getting premium if its that worth it? Right? I can see myself investing in this game for a long time.

PS: My first BF game

Facism

No? BF3 didn't when CoD launched. Will it lose some of the base? Possibly. Will it still be active? Definitely.

The question is: Do you want the "new shit" or "old shit?" If new, go with Destiny. If old, go with BF4. They're both apples and oranges and I really don't see the need to exclude one from the other.

I've got 0 interest in Destiny. I have 0 interest in any coop "singleplayer" if it isn't l4d.

Battlefield 4 (The base game) + Battlefield 4 Premium (All the DLC plus Premium content included). Battlefield 4 Premium Does not include the base game, it's basically the season pass.

As far as I'm aware they haven't announced a Premium Edition that includes the base game and Premium.

If you wanna see who signed up for the PS4 ID list: http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/PS4.html

thanks brehh.

Since Titanfall is also on Origin is there any sort of overlapping in community between the two titles? can you see your friends list in either game ?

TheSeks

Since Titanfall is also on Origin is there any sort of overlapping in community between the two titles? can you see your friends list in either game ?

Not really. (Also Titanfall is #DEADgame)

Origin is a client. So like Steam, alt-tab or look at your second monitor with the friend list of the respective client up and you can see what people are playing.

KingJolly said:
I'll probably end up getting premium if its that worth it? Right? I can see myself investing in this game for a long time.

It saves you $15 than buying the packs individually, you can do the "Phantom" assignments which are Premium only, and get camos and stuff that are "Premium only" if you care about any of that stuff. Plus you get one or two more 2XP's to rank up faster with.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
BF4 PS4: A_dmg04

Went through 96-99 last night. Need about 110k more points (20 mins of Dexp still active, too!). Excited.

A few months back, I started focusing on getting 500 kills with random weapons.
Each weapon has taken me less and less time, AUG being the quickest at 2 hr 59 min
Something with that gun just clicks. Always loved the aesthetic of the weapon since the counterstrike bullpup. Prolly just going to stick with this 'till I put the game down.

and they blocked the dual-class already? goddamnit, how do i play this game normally anymore :D Rocket-Assault, Ammo-Sniper and Ammo-Health classes were da bess.

Top Bottom