• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

KingJolly

Banned
How good would a new L4D be right now.

ARE YOU LISTENING VALVE!?!?!?

There is it's called evolve :3

But seriously, I've grown addictied this game, must have spent 7 straight hours yesterday playing, ended up getting premium for more maps. Damn you guys for getting me into this. Especially you theSeks

Tubie

Phantom assignments done.

I actually had fun with Tanks, but the Roadkills was the best part of it all.

Hope the last reward is something decent.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So do I. I haven't played in a week or so. Too busy trying to finish the Last of Us multiplayer campaign up before it's #DEADGAME.

j-wood

Can anyone give me some tips to improve? I just can't seem to do well in this game no matter what gun/class I use.

I am getting kills, I'm just going things like 12 and 20. I often try to ADS, but I always seem to lose in a firefight 1 on 1.

sgb

Just getting back into BF, was a Colonel on the PS3 Version of bf3 and currently a Master Sgt on pc BF4.

That being said, what are the best weapons right now per class/weapon type after all the countless patches??

Facism

There is it's called evolve :3

But seriously, I've grown addictied this game, must have spent 7 straight hours yesterday playing, ended up getting premium for more maps. Damn you guys for getting me into this. Especially you theSeks

looks like hot, creamy boring shyte where 4 guys try to grind 1 other.

give me 4v4 l4d3

Can anyone give me some tips to improve? I just can't seem to do well in this game no matter what gun/class I use.

I am getting kills, I'm just going things like 12 and 20. I often try to ADS, but I always seem to lose in a firefight 1 on 1.

What platform?

Just getting back into BF, was a Colonel on the PS3 Version of bf3 and currently a Master Sgt on pc BF4.

That being said, what are the best weapons right now per class/weapon type after all the countless patches??

There is no flat-out best weapon per class, lots of options to choose from where you can do really well with. The Chinese weapons like the QBZ variants are pretty bad and you should avoid though.

terrible

Banned

The main thing is to learn the maps and figure out where people tend to go and take advantage of that knowledge. Try to engage enemies while you're partially behind cover so you're a smaller target than them, or at least be near enough to cover that you can bail out of the encounter when needed. In general you should try not to go into wide open areas unless you have to and you know you're safe as well.

Watching someone who's decent play might help. Just watch how he uses cover. You can have average aim and reflexes and still benefit from smart play big time, so if you aren't as fast or accurate as the guy in the video (99% of players aren't) it doesn't matter.

sgb

Lol just played with him, people wouldn't shut up about it acted like hes a celeb!! He didn't even place top 5 though...

terrible

Banned
Yeah he's not perfect and there are better players out there for sure. He plays fairly smart though and has a ton of videos so his channel is pretty good for people who want to learn the game a bit.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Lol just played with him, people wouldn't shut up about it acted like hes a celeb!! He didn't even place top 5 though...
Probably shouldn't base a players skill on where they finish in a couple of matches. Xfactor is a very good player who knows how to play the game correctly (I.e. Help his team win).

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I really don't know why, but the AUG seems to just meld with me more than any other weapon in this game.

Isn't it considered mediocre? am I just a BK? :((

terrible

Banned
Statistically the AUG looks bad. Heavy side to side recoil combined with a 700 rpm fire rate doesn't look nice.

Can't say I've really used it because of that. Sometimes guns "feel" better than they should though so who knows.

TheSeks

No packetloss in any other title I throw on. But packetloss in BF4...
KCSeU4L.png

TheSeks

Even commander mode is stuttering. GG there DICE-LA... :|

Spl1nter

‏@tiggr_ (DICE LA dev and responsible in large part for CTE)
If there was a remake, what maps would you want the most? Top 3!

If DICE were to add three more maps from BF3 what would be your top 3? I think I would have to go with:

1. Azadi Palace. Best city map by DICE in years. Also the reason I would not choose Grand Bazaar (boring and mechanical) or Seine (fuck france, you already gave us metro).
2. Noshahr Canals, fixed... Also gives Norua and the TDM kiddies there map
3. An end game map, either Sabalan Pipeline but with a reduction of 1 or 2 tanks per side or Kiasar Railroad (not sure how heli would perform/balance) or Markaz Monolith from aftermath. All very good maps and happy with any of them.

I also think this is an ideal three as it features varying locations, play styles and map sizes instead of the Seine, Bazaar, Damavand, etc... shit that people want for some reason.

The wish list/what should happen list.

4. Strike at Karkand, Sharqi, and Wake. It aint a bf game without wake, and I guess now Strike. Strike and Sharqi are really 1 and 2 most wanted as DICE has not been able to really nail down an excellent wake island recently. A map that could really use a CTE period if brought back.
5. Replace Altai Pass (I see everything and it is BORING) with Alborz Mountain and Dragon Pass (tank tug of war from 300m away, BORING) with Dragon Valley. These are the only 2 dlc maps I dislike
6. Fix Lancing Dam. Its the only really shitty map in conquest. For rush make a section on top of the dam so people will shut up about damavand which is so overrated for rush.
7. Get rid of the gunship on all maps and replace it with the cruise missile. Just fuck the gunship and for the most part commander mode.

Tubie

Has DICE mentioned anything about Playstation owners who lost a day of the 2XP weekend?

I know it wasn't their fault but we did pay for it when we bought Premium, would be nice of them to make it up to us somehow.

Fucking kids and their DDoS, I was so looking forward to binge playing all day yesterday.

Khronico

Just finished downloading the game time trial and played a match. BF4 is SO much better on PC it's not even funny. I don't think I could go back to playing the PS3 version.

The only thing that really bugs me is the load times. It takes me about 2 mins just to load into a match. I think I can deal with it since literally every other aspect of the experience is substantially improved.

If DICE were to add three more maps from BF3 what would be your top 3? I think I would have to go with:

1. Azadi Palace. Best city map by DICE in years. Also the reason I would not choose Grand Bazaar (boring and mechanical) or Seine (fuck france, you already gave us metro).
2. Noshahr Canals, fixed... Also gives Norua and the TDM kiddies there map
3. An end game map, either Sabalan Pipeline but with a reduction of 1 or 2 tanks per side or Kiasar Railroad (not sure how heli would perform/balance) or Markaz Monolith from aftermath. All very good maps and happy with any of them.

I also think this is an ideal three as it features varying locations, play styles and map sizes instead of the Seine, Bazaar, Damavand, etc... shit that people want for some reason.

The wish list/what should happen list.

4. Strike at Karkand, Sharqi, and Wake. It aint a bf game without wake, and I guess now Strike. Strike and Sharqi are really 1 and 2 most wanted as DICE has not been able to really nail down an excellent wake island recently. A map that could really use a CTE period if brought back.
5. Replace Altai Pass (I see everything and it is BORING) with Alborz Mountain and Dragon Pass (tank tug of war from 300m away, BORING) with Dragon Valley. These are the only 2 dlc maps I dislike
6. Fix Lancing Dam. Its the only really shitty map in conquest. For rush make a section on top of the dam so people will shut up about damavand which is so overrated for rush.
7. Get rid of the gunship on all maps and replace it with the cruise missile. Just fuck the gunship and for the most part commander mode.

Kharg fucking Island. Best BF3 conquest map. Opening up the whole(or at least the other side of the river) of Seine Crossing for Conquest would be awesome as well.

Kak.efes

‏If DICE were to add three more maps from BF3 what would be your top 3?

Noshahr without a doubt. Damavand if they can retrofit conquest using the rush variant, and Kharg. Seine and Bazaar are clusterfucks. Sharqi and Karkand are solid selections too.

I'd love to play with some of ya'll here, on Xbox One, if anyone here would like to. Just send me a friend request if you're interested.

My gamertag is: ShadowsFell

I really wish Grand Bazaar was suitable for 64 peeps, but I just don't see it. I suppose I could take Seine for a consolation prize. After that, Sharqi (always wanted to see that with more players), Death Valley (desperately needs a night map), and Azadi Palace.

Epicenter and Karkand were pretty good too.

TheSeks

I don't see Battlefield 3 in this stipulation to t1gge, so:

1. Arica Harbor
2. Port Valadez
3. Arica Harbor 2014 (because you know they'll fuck with the sets like they did Oman...)

OHHHH that actually gives a non-troll response:

3. Oman Rush BF3. Because fuck BF4's variant. Awful awful awful AWFUL set placement.

3?

Armored Shield
Kiasar Railroad
Markaz Monolith

would say Kharg Island if thety asked for 4.

I don't see Battlefield 3 in this stipulation to t1gge, so:

in that case...

End Of The Line
Valley Run
Ascension

#4 Crossing Over

yes, i only named BC1 maps.
because i can!!!

You know what would be great? If they just redid BC2 for current-gen.
Battlefield Bad Companies: Definitive Edition

TheSeks

Battlefield Bad Companies: Definitive Edition

I'd buy it. Get rid of C4/AT mine/Collapsing building shenanigans. Rebalance the helicopters in BC2, remove Magnum Ammo/Armor... and the slot machine damage in BC1 and we'd be good.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
That would be perfect. They could go back to the drawing board with the mainline series and fix their fuckups.

Nah
As-is son, as-is.
Yeah, they pretty much balanced the MCOM damage to the point that no-one bothers with it except for with tanks and the collapsible building ones.

TheSeks

Yeah, they pretty much balanced the MCOM damage to the point that no-one bothers with it except for with tanks and the collapsible building ones.

No they didn't.

12 C4 from two people in quick succession = GG crate blown in five minutes. Sneak in again, do it again.

AT mines don't go away so all someone has to do is throw a grenade to objective harm, even the defenders. TROLLFACE.jpg

AT4 sniping from starting spawn while the defenders basically have to jump in front of the rocket (or tank shell) to stop rocket sniping.

It's utter bullshit and it's forced due to the destructive design. BF3/4 got the Rush gameplay design right. Too bad they didn't get the map design to rebalance right.

And Magnum Ammo should never come back. Even Demize of all people admits he fucked up with that.

I'd buy it. Get rid of C4/AT mine/Collapsing building shenanigans. Rebalance the helicopters in BC2, remove Magnum Ammo/Armor... and the slot machine damage in BC1 and we'd be good.

no. fix nothing past what was fixed in patches to the original.

No they didn't.

12 C4 from two people in quick succession = GG crate blown in five minutes. Sneak in again, do it again.

AT mines don't go away so all someone has to do is throw a grenade to objective harm, even the defenders. TROLLFACE.jpg

AT4 sniping from starting spawn while the defenders basically have to jump in front of the rocket (or tank shell) to stop rocket sniping.

It's utter bullshit and it's forced due to the destructive design. BF3/4 got the Rush gameplay design right. Too bad they didn't get the map design to rebalance right.

And Magnum Ammo should never come back. Even Demize of all people admits he fucked up with that.

objective damage is one of the things that made Rush good.

The only thing that made Bad Company great was the level of destruction in the game. EVERYTHING else has been improved with 3 and 4. The fact that the maps were set up so that there was no permanent cover and the ability to level every building on the field was what made it so fun. If they brought back destructible crates, it would be fine but they would have to keep them out of destructible buildings and make no way to insta-C4 kill it.

Wake Island needs to be in the next pack. I would be extremely disappointed if it didn't make it into BF4 since it seems like this is our only true battlefield game until 2016 at the earliest.

Spl1nter

The only thing that made Bad Company great was the level of destruction in the game. EVERYTHING else has been improved with 3 and 4. The fact that the maps were set up so that there was no permanent cover and the ability to level every building on the field was what made it so fun. If they brought back destructible crates, it would be fine but they would have to keep them out of destructible buildings and make no way to insta-C4 kill it.

Having 3 different buildings in the entire game makes it pretty boring.

You know what would be great? If they just redid BC2 for current-gen.
I don't normally pre-order games, but I would pre-order the hell out of that one.

I never understood the deep-seated hate for magnum ammo. I didn't take it with my most played class (engineer) so it wasn't ridiculously OP or unbalanced, just a better option than most. I'd be more scared that in tweaking it they'd screw something else up.

Choppers in BC2 needing to be nerfed is the big one, they should take damage from small arms fire or they need to make the AA guns more numerous/more resilient/more like the VADS was initially (take your pick). Front on knifing was OP as was quick-scoping the bolt-actions, but the choppers was the big one.

pff, why remake the maps we JUST played in BF3.

If they want to be lazy and rehash old maps, get the good ones from BF2,BFBC1&2 instead. Atleast we've had a little while when we last played those...

terrible

Banned
pff, why remake the maps we JUST played in BF3.

If they want to be lazy and rehash old maps, get the good ones from BF2,BFBC1&2 instead. Atleast we've had a little while when we last played those...

The main reason would be that the two games play similar enough that the maps will be guaranteed to flow well in BF4 assuming they were good in BF3 too.

That's not to say the older maps couldn't work too but it might be tricky, at least for conquest. I'm going even further back than BF2 but imagine El Alamein in BF4. I love the map but it'd be awful in BF4.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
No they didn't.

I agree about the AT mines, but other than that I consider the rest of it pretty balanced. Blowing up the MCOMs is about as hard if not harder than arming and defending them. It does give the attackers an alternative though, preventing the defenders from turtling too much. It is also balanced because if you just blow the crates you now have a full team in your spawn that has to be cleared out before you can really push to the next set.
The bc2 maps probably wouldn't work without the bc2 smoke grenade though, even without the IR scopes, the one in Bf4 is next to useless.

Top Bottom