• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hammerhead's alright. Better than yesterday's map.

Map pack is 3/4 for me from Conquest. Maybe Rush/Sabotage will be good? :D?

Hammerhead's alright. Better than yesterday's map.

Map pack is 3/4 for me from Conquest. Maybe Rush/Sabotage will be good? :D?

tiggr says they're going to extend through the weekend with CTF and Rush modes, after that they'll bring the new maps back in around 3-4 weeks with the changes they've made.

TheSeks

Oh good. Good to see they maybe, for once, will get early Rush critic in regards to sets before they're "LOL FINAL NOW WE ONLY MOVE THEM NORTH FOR QUICK FIXES." :|

KingJolly

Banned
All the maps in Final Stand are amazing waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the previous DLC maps

In order of which I think are the best maps in FS

1: Hangar 21
2: Hammerhead
3:Giants of Karelia
4: Op whiteout

TheSeks

I'd flip that order, personally. I can't stand having to hoof it up the map of Hanger 21. It isn't a bad map, I just don't care for it.

At least it's better than like the majority of Dragon Teeth. I only liked two of the maps in Dragon Teeth and that's mostly on aesthetics. Not actual gameplay on them. :/

KingJolly

Banned
I'd flip that order, personally. I can't stand having to hoof it up the map of Hanger 21. It isn't a bad map, I just don't care for it.

At least it's better than like the majority of Dragon Teeth. I only liked two of the maps in Dragon Teeth and that's mostly on aesthetics. Not actual gameplay on them. :/

Its cool man different taste. I really like hangar 21 for its night time setting as well as the tight infrantry battle as well as fun driving down the hill. The maps also seems made for Rush, start from the bottom make your way up top. A bit like Operation Mortar.

I agree I didn't like DT maps a lot. Weakest DLC pack for me. If only you could play them at night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM8tGrzNNlM

TheSeks

Hanger 21 CTF is kinda shitty. Two walls between the flags. Barely any flanking ability since it's in the hanger.

Think Metro 2.5 and you're nearly there.

RU gets kinda fucked unless the RU side controls the upper floors. They have no cover around their flag so they have to abuse the upper floors and Titan to protect it. :/

KingJolly

Banned
Hanger 21 CTF is kinda shitty. Two walls between the flags. Barely any flanking ability since it's in the hanger.

Think Metro 2.5 and you're nearly there.

RU gets kinda fucked unless the RU side controls the upper floors. They have no cover around their flag so they have to abuse the upper floors and Titan to protect it. :/

Well, there's always a chance for DIce to change a few things since they're listening for feeback but alas it doesn't bother me and anyways the map has MOTHER F****CKING PODS

TheSeks

Well, there's always a chance for DIce to change a few things since they're listening for feeback but alas it doesn't bother me and anyways the map has MOTHER F****CKING PODS

Not in CTF.

It's all in the hanger, which brings a ton of issues for the CTF gameplay.

TheSeks

It's the only one they've shown so far but it doesn't bode well for CTF with this expansion, IMO.

Second Assault's kinda works with the exception of Oman's weird flag placement on both sides. Oh, and Metro (which this a continuation of :/) obviously.

Never got around to trying CTF on Naval Strike... maybe those were okay...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
BF4 has deleted my single player saves twice, i thought they fixed that shit ages ago but it appears all of the fixes have been on the multiplayer side which makes sense but it's still fucked. Also some of the trophies are fucking hard, 34,000 handgun XP to unlock a weapon so that you can get 45 kills with it seems harsh as fuck.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
BF4 has deleted my single player saves twice, i thought they fixed that shit ages ago but it appears all of the fixes have been on the multiplayer side which makes sense but it's still fucked. Also some of the trophies are fucking hard, 34,000 handgun XP to unlock a weapon so that you can get 45 kills with it seems harsh as fuck.

If you like the MP enough, you shouldn't have any trouble getting the M1911, it just takes a bit of time.

TheSeks

And if you really want the singleplayer stuff, just play on Easy. None of the other trophies are particularly hard. It's score attack, which you can basically bump the difficulty up later if you back up your PS3 save to another account/Playstation Rental Service cloud.

Tubie

Save the file to USB every time you're going to log off and if its erased when you come back just upload it.

The MP stuff is very easy. If you play it a lot (specially as Recon), you will unlock all the handguns fast. I would platinum this but I really don't wanna do the single player trophies, unlocking the 3 guns was enough single player for me.

Das-J

Law of the West
:(

BF3 had fun CTF maps
I think you guys will like the rest of the CTF layouts in FS. The game mode was a big focus for me on Whiteout and Giants.

The former is just a blast with all the snowmobiles while Giants is pretty damn interesting and features a lot of combat around the river.

Absolutely post your feedback though as I'm sure DICE LA is reading!

TheSeks

First set having problems like all BF4 maps.

DICE™

KCSeU4L.png

TheSeks

Final Stand rush? It's available on CTE now?

Only on one of the maps, yes.

Hammerhead. Not a bad Rush map. But it needs the first set to be pushed back or given a flanking route. And the last set should be pushed a little further back than the B/C flags it's in currently. :/

So I got both the Ps4 and Xbox One, and I'm planning to get the game + premium. Should I go for the cheaper version (Xbone) or is the player base not as alive there? I wish it was the same price on both versions, because Ps4 will be my main console this gen.

So I got both the Ps4 and Xbox One, and I'm planning to get the game + premium. Should I go for the cheaper version (Xbone) or is the player base not as alive there? I wish it was the same price on both versions, because Ps4 will be my main console this gen.

The player base is fine on the xbone. Just get it on the platform all your friends play. There isn't much of a xbone gaf community going on but there are plenty of ps4 gaffers that play this game. I wouldn't make your decision based on price.

TheSeks

Then get it on PS4?

TheSeks

Why is it so rare for someone to revive you with full health?

Because you have to charge the paddles this outing and like Noisepurge said: Ain't nobody got time for that
besides me.

Drives me crazy to be revived at 20 only to be shot because the idiot didn't throw a medikit down. If you're going to revive me at 20, at least have the fucking medikit to let me heal a bit and get a chance to get away.

Why is it so rare for someone to revive you with full health?

I think the main reason is that there's no way to tell, currently, how close someone is to "death". I'd rather revive + med bag you than charge my paddles and risk not reviving you at all.

I charge if I see someone go down, but if I'm just looking for revive symbols, then I revive + bag.

CTE/the upcoming patch will fix this, though.

TheSeks

Speaking of CTE:

T1gge said:
I hope many of you that are new to the CTE will stick around and help us in this work as well! The download is not tiny, so we make sure to give you a day or two before we start publishing regular patches again.

FFS, ANOTHER 40GIG DOWNLOAD INCOMING.

FFS, why couldn't they patch the new maps into the old client? FFS, why couldn't they then remove that patch/map in a later patch? FFS.

TheSeks

It's got nothing to do with "internets" it's the principal of the matter.

"Oh we're making you redownload 40 gigs so you don't have to download 14 gigs per patch!"

"Oh we're making you download 14 gigs so you can play Final Stand."

"Oh, but we're making you redownload 40 gigs so you can play our new intitive on all the older maps that aren't Final Stand?"

"Why couldn't you patch in/out the Final Stand maps and have all the others included so we don't have to redownload 40gigs?"

DICE-LA: "..."

They said they were making us redownload the client the first time to avoid this shit. :/

JoduanER2

So how is this game on PS4?

Just got the console and I'm tempted by 60fps and the high player count but I know there was a lot of issues round launch. One of my issues with battlefield on the previous gen was how sluggish and empty it could feel.

Definitely not 60 fps, more like 48 average, and lots of frame drops.

Creaking

Definitely not 60 fps, more like 48 average, and lots of frame drops.

Really weird, because it was definitely better when the game first launched. My first memory of the framerate getting worse overall dates back to the high-frequency server update and Naval Strike.

terrible

Banned
Really weird, because it was definitely better when the game first launched. My first memory of the framerate getting worse overall dates back to the high-frequency server update and Naval Strike.

That's when it happened for me as well. I do awful as infantry now compared to before the framerate issues started up. It sucks. It's made me play conquest less and less and that's my favourite mode by a mile.

In some matches it feels like it's around 30 FPS half the time :/

Creaking

That's when it happened for me as well. I do awful as infantry now compared to before the framerate issues started up. It sucks. It's made me play conquest less and less and that's my favourite mode by a mile.

In some matches it feels like it's around 30 FPS half the time :/

I wish I could record it and show others just to fuel the outrage, but the PS4's share feature only captures at 30fps anyway.

773366172_ae467bf4c9.jpg

terrible

Banned
I actually just remembered that my framerate issues started after they fixed the rubber banding (shortly after navel strikes release), not after the more recent high frequency update. The high frequency update may have made things worse but I am not sure of that.

Creaking

I actually just remembered that my framerate issues started after they fixed the rubber banding (shortly after navel strikes release), not after the more recent high frequency update. The high frequency update may have made things worse but I am not sure of that.

Oh, thought those were one and the same. Maybe I've forgotten.

So Matimi0 thinks we'll be getting the big patch to public next Tuesday, as the teamplay initiative has started, and DICE said the teamplay initiative isn't a part of the big patch (it will come later). So theoretically, they're "done" with the content in the public patch.

Speaking of, details on the teamplay initiative:

BACKGROUND
Today we start working in the Teamplay Initiative. The goal of this initiative is to make objective and team oriented play more desirable and understandable.
We have identified a short list of tasks which we aim to be part of Final Stand release (which is coming up fast) – but also have a longer list of identified improvements for release post Final Stand.

FINAL STAND RELEASE
For this release we are focusing on a small set of initial tasks:

Gameplay objective scoring v1
-Make playing the objective more desirable
Health & ammo pack re-balance
-Change cooldowns in combat and look at points given out through these gadgets
Fix for Neutral/Friendly roadkills exploit & getting killed by own vehicle
-One solution for both these issues.
Distance Spotting changes
-Make spotting more precise, not automatically spotting big groups of enemies at a distance.
Footstep sound improvements
-Improve on footstep sounds being more audible in the game for enemies
Random callout cleanup
-Move some of the combat chatter to team only (so your soldier don’t randomly give away your position)

These might not all look to be directly connected to teamplay or objective play – but they indirectly affect this kind of play in a negative way in our opinion.

FUTURE RELEASE – TASK LIST
Our list of PROPOSED changes has been put together based on what we internally think would be the best places to start changing the way we play objectives in this game.

We will post more details about our high level thoughs in coming updates this initiative.

We are looking for your feedback on this list – and would like to know what your top items are, both based on this list and new items, post your thoughts in the Teamplay Initiative Forum.

This is our current list of items, note that this list is far from complete and bound to change several times during the initiatives lifespan:

Gameplay Objective Scoring v2
Field Upgrades 2.0
Squad Leader & Commander communication
Intra Squad Leader communication
Squad Leader selection
Squad Respawns
Commander UAV
Teamplay Vehicles
Objective play tutorials & Personal Objectives
Kit usage/Summary on spawn screen
UI & HUD Objective Clarity pass
End of Round UI – Winning/Objetive team oriented update
Your idea
As stated looking for your ideas in this area – and would very much like your input on how you think we could promote objective and team play – please tell us your ideas in the forum!
This feedback will be helping us prioritize our decisions, and your ideas might get realized during this initiative!

terrible

Banned
Random callout cleanup
-Move some of the combat chatter to team only (so your soldier don’t randomly give away your position)

How about we just 100% get rid of this, or at least let us know when we're calling out so we will no longer have those "how the hell did they know I was there" moments.

Creaking

Footstep sound improvements
-Improve on footstep sounds being more audible in the game for enemies

Thank goodness. I was just complaining about this to my friend the other day. There are too few situations in which you can hear an enemy soldier sprinting up to you, and it really screws up situational awareness. I know it's a battlefield, but even in quieter areas of the map, I can't hear footsteps well enough.

Random callout cleanup

How about we just 100% get rid of this, or at least let us know when we're calling out so we will no longer have those "how the hell did they know I was there" moments.

Darn, I liked making use of that, although it is pretty unfair and can discourage working as a squad.

TCRS

Banned
nothing on making sniping more difficult...

that is one weak spot in this game, it's just too damn easy, especially when I'm directly shooting at one. other than that I think the game is pretty balanced.

that is one weak spot in this game, it's just too damn easy, especially when I'm directly shooting at one. other than that I think the game is pretty balanced.

This update is focused on teamplay.

Random callout cleanup

They're removing instances where automatic callouts (e.g., a squadmate dies and your player calls it out) give away your position. They are still audible to your team, not to the enemy.

Anything initiated by you (tossing ammo, health, etc.) is still heard by everyone.

At least, this is how it is right now in the CTE.

terrible

Banned

Snipers aren't even very good though. Sniper rifles are such a niche weapon and are only competitive in very specific scenarios.

If you're directly shooting at a sniper and he kills you before you kill him he earned it. If you just want to spray at a sniper 200M away and have it so he can't hit you I don't know what to say. That would make them useless.

They're removing instances where automatic callouts (e.g., a squadmate dies and your player calls it out) give away your position. They are still audible to your team, not to the enemy.

Anything initiated by you (tossing ammo, health, etc.) is still heard by everyone.

At least, this is how it is right now in the CTE.

If that's the case at least I'll know when I'm about to make some noise.I would still prefer if you never called out but I can deal with that.

TheSeks

I'm not sure why tossing ammo/health shouldn't be team-only. I guess I can "get" why (so people know if someone is healing nearby and kill them) but it just seems weird to me that they want to promote team play but that's pretty "un-stealth" like.

I guess that's one thing CTE should test...

I also need to check the new spotting out. If it's "aim down sight at someone you see at longer ranges and still spot them" fine. If they do that 750meter spot limit like BC2 again, they can fuck off with that change. Annoying to sniper-support, see someone but because I'm long range so I can't be seen/sniped, I can't spot.

And they should probably fix the PLD/SOFLAM ranges to be a little longer than they are. I can be on the beach on US side Lancang Dam and still not be able to lock at 400 meters but can spot the tank/boat coming toward me. WTF, DICE?

TCRS

Banned
Snipers aren't even very good though. Sniper rifles are such a niche weapon and are only competitive in very specific scenarios.

If you're directly shooting at a sniper and he kills you before you kill him he earned it. If you just want to spray at a sniper 200M away and have it so he can't hit you I don't know what to say. That would make them useless.

are you playing on PC? maybe it's a console issue due to auto-aim. I've been killed a ridiculous amount of time by a sniper more or less directly in front of me. I doubt it's a skill issue only.

TheSeks

are you playing on PC? maybe it's a console issue due to auto-aim. I've been killed a ridiculous amount of time by a sniper more or less directly in front of me. I doubt it's a skill issue only.

Doesn't matter. If they're using iron-sights/1-3x and are close range, they get that kill if they hit you. Which is how it should be. It's less "auto-aim" (though to an extent it is on consoles) and more they got the drop on you in that range and "got lucky" in hitting you with a sniper. If they didn't, they'd have to switch to a pistol to attempt to kill you.

Top Bottom