• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

terrible

Banned
are you playing on PC? maybe it's a console issue due to auto-aim. I've been killed a ridiculous amount of time by a sniper more or less directly in front of me. I doubt it's a skill issue only.

I have it on PC and console, though I play a lot more on PS4.

It plays out the same on both pretty much. If a sniper is in close and misses he's dead. If he can manage to do well playing like that he's earned it. You're better off with almost any other gun in the game up close.

Spl1nter

Defensive perk should be removed. The whole perk system is a complete uninteresting mess. It's on the list of things being addressed soon in CTE thankfully.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Defensive perk should be removed. The whole perk system is a complete uninteresting mess. It's on the list of things being addressed soon in CTE thankfully.

What is? Removing it entirely (not completely opposed to that) or reordering the "tiers"/perks gained?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it so rare for someone to revive you with full health?

Wait you can revive people at full health? are you serious? Fucking wow i have been playing BF4 multi for 40 hours and i never knew that, i blame Dice of course. Also thanks guys for suggesting to backup my single player saves, gonna have to try that shit soon because i'm commited to platinuming this baby.

TheSeks

Uh... yeah. Charge your paddles for two seconds. Which people don't want to do. :/

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Uh... yeah. Charge your paddles for two seconds. Which people don't want to do. :/

If they are like me they just don't know, seriously where do they teach you that you have to charge the paddle for 2 seconds? Must have missed some tool tip or some shit like that. Also Aku 12 is best carbine.

TheSeks

If they are like me they just don't know, seriously where do they teach you that you have to charge the paddle for 2 seconds? Must have missed some tool tip or some shit like that. Also Aku 12 is best carbine.

It should be in a tool-tip pop-up that you can charge the paddles. I turned those off after a week so I should probably check.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It should be in a tool-tip pop-up that you can charge the paddles. I turned those off after a week so I should probably check.

I checked and it's in the item description for the paddles not sure if it's in the tutorial anyway it doesn't matter i don't get how i could miss such a fundamental mechanic, i'm fucking dumb.

Finally took the plunge and just re-bought premium on the PC. Reasons to own a PS4 just keep getting fewer.

Bloodborne, uncharted 4 don't do it for you? I would kill for a PS4 right now but i can't afford it right now.

TheSeks

I love water knifing so damn much. It and the underwater dive in the best of moments = one of the better additions to the game.

I never get enough knives in a round for the medals now a days. 64 players kinda screws my flanks out of water

Wait you can revive people at full health? are you serious? Fucking wow i have been playing BF4 multi for 40 hours and i never knew that, i blame Dice of course. Also thanks guys for suggesting to backup my single player saves, gonna have to try that shit soon because i'm commited to platinuming this baby.

Fucking what. Is that new to Bf4? Ive been playing with GAF since BC2 and I never knew this WHAT THE HELL

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Fucking what. Is that new to Bf4? Ive been playing with GAF since BC2 and I never knew this WHAT THE HELL

Yeah, it's new. Revives used to be full health, now you have to charge if you want to provide a full health revive. Without any charging, they revive with only something like 20 health. That increases depending on how long you charge for.

JJD

So the big patch with all the changes from the CTE servers hits on september 30...I'll probably play the game again to see if they finally fixed it!

TheSeks

So the big patch with all the changes from the CTE servers hits on september 30...I'll probably play the game again to see if they finally fixed it!

Don't hold your breath. People "hype" up CTE changes which in reality aren't... as "hype"/worth it.

"BUT RUSH WILL BE FIX--"

It's moving sets around on the initial sets. Some of them are alright (moving B off the parking garage and into the "north" cubby hole of set 1 Shanghai, but instead of leaving A in the other cubby hole, they move it into the parking garage/under-ground.), but some of them don't really fix the issue. And unless they changed Zavod 311 Last Set B, it's not really fixing the fundamental problem (map design) that is hindering the mode. Same with the other fixes like TTK. TTK may help in some regards to netcode, but it won't really solve it and it brings a host of issues with it.

Yes, it's new. Along with the 3 revive "limit"/timed-resupply to prevent Medic-trains. The thing is: DICE's tooltips don't really hint at the charge so people quick revive and forget to throw a kit item down.

Frankly, if you even hold the charge for 1 second you get 40-60HP which would be better for getting up instead of the 20HP (get shot, so the revive is pointless and you only get 20/40XP from it, YAY?) revives.

Gah, a friend of mine plays BF for stats. His computer has issues so at times he will crash halfway through a match and if his KD was good when he crashed, he will wait out the entire match so that his KD will be preserved. It's fucking infuriating to only have a few hours a week to play and watch him sit out to preserve fucking meaningless stats.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
After playing the multiplayer for 60 hours i gotta say leveling up is a grind. Also showing your ingame accomplishments to people online is not good, i missed showing my number of service stars in the kill cam, i hate that they took that feature out. Also it's fucking insane that after nearly year they are planning such a huge patch.

VariantX

I took about a 5-6 week break from this game, and decided to log in to take advantage of the double xp weekend only to find im lagging like crazy. Its about as bad as it was before the patch came along and improved things massively. I only join 5 bar servers and it seems fine for the first minute, then performance degrades and I do the system performance test and it shows im getting a 1.4% loss on outgoing packets. I don't seem to have any problems playing any other games either on PC or PS4. When I test for packet loss on my pc, using ping test and just pinging google's server for 10-20 minutes at a time, I get 0% packet loss. Did anything happen with the PS4 servers in the past month or so?

Tubie

After playing the multiplayer for 60 hours i gotta say leveling up is a grind. Also showing your ingame accomplishments to people online is not good, i missed showing my number of service stars in the kill cam, i hate that they took that feature out. Also it's fucking insane that after nearly year they are planning such a huge patch.

Oh you have no idea about grind. 120-130 probably takes longer than 1-110.

Been playing a lot this weekend and I've crashed/disconnected a lot, also seen lots of weird bugs and a LOT more glitchers in Metro than usual.

Look at this guy:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Arare_camp-1/stats/1137898216/ps4/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/516390575174581184/245489359/

That's the Metro I was in with him, he went 63-1 from just shooting at people from under the floor, so I'm going to assume that's all he ever does in this game.

TheSeks

Takes 8 mill, nearly the same as 1-100 doesn't it? After hitting the cap and getting 10 more (and now another 10 with the last DLC [besides the "secret" one]) I just gave up on hitting the cap. 2XP happens where I'm busy with work since my schedule shifted to Sundays to where I can't do the full 2XP and leveling takes forever even with 2XP on and 100/200% boost for Prestige 25->P 30 to where I can't care. Fuck DICE for that. :(

Tubie

Takes 8 mill, nearly the same as 1-100 doesn't it? After hitting the cap and getting 10 more (and now another 10 with the last DLC [besides the "secret" one]) I just gave up on hitting the cap. 2XP happens where I'm busy with work since my schedule shifted to Sundays to where I can't do the full 2XP and leveling takes forever even with 2XP on and 100/200% boost for Prestige 25->P 30 to where I can't care. Fuck DICE for that. :(

Yea it's insane, and they're increasing it to 140 with Final Stand.

I went 121-123 (maybe 124) this weekend and I feel super burned out.

I might just give up on ever getting to cap.

TheSeks

It's taken me since the level raise from 20 to reach P 25 this past week or so (if I have hit it yet), it's so stupid.

I can't imagine another 8 million on top of Prestige 30 to P40. D:

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Wow that's some fucking insane bullshit, i'm 35 after 60 hours it would take me like 300 hours to reach the level cap, do you at least get some cool shit for reaching the cap? Anything at all? Also unlocking class equipment and attachments feels like such a drag too, i don't like having to play so long with a class unlock the cool shit.

Kabuto

So, the big Fall Patch is due tomorrow, right ?

iPIvlvQQbTCIe.PNG

igiuYuf1CXzUI.gif

Top Bottom