• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Rainy Dog

6 months ago I never thought I'd be saying this but I'm actually looking forward to getting back into BF4 again with this new patch. Classic Mode, in particular, sounds terrific.

So as someone's who's not played it for 8 months, what other major gameplay changes have there been since then that I should be especially aware of jumping back in?

HariKari

So as someone's who's not played it for 8 months, what other major gameplay changes have there been since then that I should be especially aware of jumping back in?

- movement change to be snappier/mirror Battlefield 3
- revive timer
- netcode all around better
- TTK increased, making deaths less instant. Coupled with better netcode, makes it playable. Finally.
- decreased horizontal recoil pretty much across the board
- increased muzzle velocities pretty much across the board
- rush completely rebalanced, might be playable now

Game is all around more stable now, generally feels better, and is slightly more balanced. There are still design issues that 4 just can't get around but this is how the game should have been when it launched. I don't think it's a stretch to call this Battlefield 4 1.0

I'm still disappointed this is still "Rate-of-Fire Field 4", as the AEK is still going to be king of the tryhards. A TTK increase is only going to put even more emphasis on ROF, not less, even if you subtly buff lower ROF weapons.

AmyS

qpy08aA.jpg

It begins.

HariKari

really? Amazing. TTK in bf4 felt like babby's first ADHD instant gratification simulator.

It takes roughly one extra shot at most ranges to die. So now you have a chance to actually escape with 10-20 health, rather than dying. It also should cut down on the number of trades.

I wouldn't mind going even further and making it an additional shot, which would put it roughly inline with Bad Company 2. You'd have to nerf high ROF guns into oblivion, however.

Facism

first game:

SLAMS were invisible

I kept getting ejected from the LAV when entering water despite it having amphibian capabilities

AWS had minimal recoil from hipfire. I held the button down and it lasered people at close and medium range. No need for bursts or recoil control.

shooting guys, watching them flinch, but seeing no hit markers or damage

Guy standing on C4 survives with 100hp and promptly turns round and headshots me

Still too many instances where it feels like i've been 1HK by a guy i've just engaged

Attack choppers are still coffins

My FPS are worse

Semper88

first game:

SLAMS were invisible

I kept getting ejected from the LAV when entering water despite it having amphibian capabilities

AWS had minimal recoil from hipfire. I held the button down and it lasered people at close and medium range. No need for bursts or recoil control.

shooting guys, watching them flinch, but seeing no hit markers or damage

Guy standing on C4 survives with 100hp and promptly turns round and headshots me

Still too many instances where it feels like i've been 1HK by a guy i've just engaged

Attack choppers are still coffins

My FPS are worse

Dice gonna Dice

Rainy Dog

- movement change to be snappier/mirror Battlefield 3
- revive timer
- netcode all around better
- TTK increased, making deaths less instant. Coupled with better netcode, makes it playable. Finally.
- decreased horizontal recoil pretty much across the board
- increased muzzle velocities pretty much across the board
- rush completely rebalanced, might be playable now

Game is all around more stable now, generally feels better, and is slightly more balanced. There are still design issues that 4 just can't get around but this is how the game should have been when it launched. I don't think it's a stretch to call this Battlefield 4 1.0

I'm still disappointed this is still "Rate-of-Fire Field 4", as the AEK is still going to be king of the tryhards. A TTK increase is only going to put even more emphasis on ROF, not less, even if you subtly buff lower ROF weapons.

Thanks.

Yeah, I've not been a fan of how they've tried to balance most weapons around ROF and recoil/spread since BF3 either. Apart from a couple of redundant guns, BC2 had near perfect weapon balance and variety after a few tweaks here and there.

Kabuto

Oh my goodness; not having any visual recoil is amazing :'). I was using the QBU-88 & M16A4 and they're almost completely different guns; they're both so good now.

No visual recoil also affects the Gunner seats in vehicles! Tank gunner seats are deadly accurate now and aren't pea shooters anymore.

HariKari

Oh my goodness; not having any visual recoil is amazing :').

Indeed, I switched all my setups to 4x Acog instead of Coyote/Kobra. It's usable now! So is the heavy barrel. Everything feels a lot tighter and the way it should be. Getting a very BC2 feel from the game now.

KingJolly

Banned
They increased the time to resupply grenades and they reduced the amount of RGO impacts from 2 to 1 and also decreased the blast radius

Hehheh, M67 Frag Master race.

Operation Locker and Metro will finally be fun :D

They increased the time to resupply grenades and they reduced the amount of RGO impacts from 2 to 1 and also decreased the blast radius

Hehheh, M67 Frag Master race.

Operation Locker and Metro will finally be fun :D

Just excited as you are to play a less grenade spam OP Locker/ Metro now :)

I'm so glad TTK has been increased. About time.

really? Amazing. TTK in bf4 felt like babby's first ADHD instant gratification simulator.

Keep in mind, the only reason they increased TTK was because, due to the netcode, ADS, and other improvements, people were dying FAST in CTE. Increasing it doesn't mean it's increased from what was in Vanilla in BF4, necessarily, when you add in the other changes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fixed issue where Battle Pickups would sometimes get dropped immediately after picking them up.

It only took 10 months. #BASEDDICE
Going hard tonight, see you there bros!

I'd play some if I had the room on my main drive... because I really don't lol. Curious, any Premium sales showing up with this new patch?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What? I swear I did this several times already, I'm legit shook

In CTE, maybe. In BF4? Not until this patch. Why they removed that, I'll never know. DICE was boneheaded to do that. Basically meant you getting the drop on someone while falling was impossible.

Curious, any Premium sales showing up with this new patch?

Hahahahahaha.
No
. Probably in a year.

In CTE, maybe. In BF4? Not until this patch. Why they removed that, I'll never know. DICE was boneheaded to do that. Basically meant you getting the drop on someone while falling was impossible.

Hahahahahaha.
No
. Probably in a year.

Why laugh? Even with a huge patch, having a sale on Premium on top of this huge, "make everything better" patch would bring people back I think. Not necessarily from EA, but could be from another site doing the sale.

TheSeks

Why laugh? Even with a huge patch, having a sale on Premium on top of this huge, "make everything better" patch would bring people back I think. Not necessarily from EA, but could be from another site doing the sale.

Because if you were around for BF3 consoles never got a price-drop until BF4 was close to launch. Origin (PC) may do it, but it's rare. They don't price-drop for patches or the DLC like Steam developers do (hello Payday 2 and Red Orchestra 2).

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Because if you were around for BF3 consoles never got a price-drop until BF4 was close to launch. Origin (PC) may do it, but it's rare. They don't price-drop for patches or the DLC like Steam developers do (hello Payday 2 and Red Orchestra 2).

Well, thank god I play on PC. I have seen Premium on sale for down to $30 before, but I hope it's down to like $20 or $25 maybe.

Patch notes say that iron sights are still affected by visual recoil, but I feel like my pistol has WAY less recoil.

edit: oh whoops shoulda finished reading.

PS4 got it for $30 too
Also, I can't wait to play with this patch.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...um sale&sourceid=origin-search-us-pbm-g-bf4-p

$40 right now on Origin.

TheSeks

Damn it, DICE. You're supposed to wait after I make those statements. *crows flying into face*

But seriously, it generally doesn't go cheap. It's weird they're doing it for this patch.

Damn it, DICE. You're supposed to wait after I make those statements. *crows flying into face*

But seriously, it generally doesn't go cheap. It's weird they're doing it for this patch.

I remember seeing it for $25 on Gamersgate several months back and holy shit did that sell out fast lol.

Tubie

I think the straight pull on the GOL Magnum might be glitched, this can't be a real nerf.

Go into test range and try to fire any other sniper with a straight pull while ADS. You will notice the scope moves around a bit as another bullet goes in, that's normal.

Now try the same with the GOL Magnum, its like 10x worse than any other rifle. It definitely wasn't like this before since I've been using it a lot the past 2 weeks and I don't remember anything near as bad.

Ocho

Lol Seks, you got shutdown. They have already discounted it twice, why not a third time?

TheSeks

They have already discounted it twice, why not a third time?

When were the second time? The only one I recall is that Origin anniversary sale which was still $40 instead of the $60.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

It's not weird, its a re-release of a year old game. Makes sense.

Lord, the grenade tweaks are so stupid, but I imagine its a problem with the code. Sitting on an ammo crate for 25s is unthinkable outside of locker and metro. Ideally grenades should have a 39 sec cool down (or whatever you prefer) between resupplies, but since they can't do that apart from supply crates we get this shit. 25+ maps in the game and we're balancing grenades for two of them.

The XM25 change should fuck me nicely on Floodzone where I spend a good deal if time clearing our snipers, and it usually take 3-5 airburst to drop them.

TheSeks

You don't really need to XM25 the snipers on the roofs of Flood Zone, do you? I mean are they that bad on consoles? I may get sniped once or twice in a round and that's on Sabotage. I can't imagine them being that huge a deal on Conquest outside of sitting on a flag to reverse the cap.

But yes, the grenade nerf is a little stupid. I can understand why though. People were spamming even in China Rising maps.

terrible

Banned
What's up with that XM25 nerf? Zavod TDM is the only map/mode where it was even close to OP. Other than that it was such a niche weapon. Really only good for clearing out roof camping snipers, which in turn made the game way better.

The grenade nerf was made to make Metro/Lockers CQ more playable too. Fuck the other modes and maps I guess.

Akainu

Is vehicle pop in bad for people in jets for the ps4 version? I play on ps3 and I can't see anything until i'm just about to crash or pass right by something.

You don't really need to XM25 the snipers on the roofs of Flood Zone, do you? I mean are they that bad on consoles? I may get sniped once or twice in a round and that's on Sabotage. I can't imagine them being that huge a deal on Conquest outside of sitting on a flag to reverse the cap.

But yes, the grenade nerf is a little stupid. I can understand why though. People were spamming even in China Rising maps.

Yes, they are that bad. Flood Zone has a constant sniper presence on rooftops (and GAF has been known to do it as well). The only thing that can take them out is XM25s and helicopters (but those are often used as one-way taxis by snipers to get to rooftops).

And there's no such mode as Sabotage in Battlefield.

Tubie

Is vehicle pop in bad for people in jets for the ps4 version? I play on ps3 and I can't see anything until i'm just about to crash or pass right by something.

You can see vehicles from the entire map while in a jet.

I don't think there's vehicle pop in at all on ps4.

Top Bottom