• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Damn it, DICE. You're supposed to wait after I make those statements. *crows flying into face*

But seriously, it generally doesn't go cheap. It's weird they're doing it for this patch.

they *should* be doing it for the patch. best time to build momentum.

also, Premium was on sale last month on consoles. 33% off on XB1/360 and 20% off on PS4/PS3 (36% off with PS+)

Yes, they are that bad. Flood Zone has a constant sniper presence on rooftops (and GAF has been known to do it as well). The only thing that can take them out is XM25s and helicopters (but those are often used as one-way taxis by snipers to get to rooftops).

And there's no such mode as Sabotage in Battlefield.

and Mortars. and UCAV.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
and Mortars. and UCAV.

Or running around on the ground floors/indoors. I rarely get sniped in Sabotage on that map even if I'm on the roofs. Probably because I'm too close to the edges to where they can't see me in the open. *shrug*

Needing to counter is rare on PC. I can't imagine it being that bad on consoles. Must be the auto-aim.

Mully

Rush is still a pain to play.

They didn't limit the number of APCs or remove the attack chopper on Dawnbreaker, and they haven't scaled down the number of tanks both sides get on Golmud.

and Mortars. and UCAV.
You're much more vulnerable with both of those. Plus, I'm not sure the UCAV is capable of the steep angles required, meaning you'd be firing from A and E to succeed.

Edit: So under the new patch it would take 30 seconds to refill 5 rounds of the XM-25, of which you will need at least 3 for anti-sniper purposes. They're idiots.

terrible

Banned
Spawned into a game, took 10 steps, had someone panic knife me from the front.. no option to counter.

I'm done for a bit. Fix this shit DICE.

TheSeks

Edit: So under the new patch it would take 30 seconds to refill 5 rounds of the XM-25, of which you will need at least 3 for anti-sniper purposes. They're idiots.

It's an attempt to "balance" Metro spam. Which is kinda stupid. Grenade spam I could see. But XM25 spam wasn't terrible on most maps.

VariantX

It's an attempt to "balance" Metro spam. Which is kinda stupid. Grenade spam I could see. But XM25 spam wasn't terrible on most maps.

I find this hilarious, because the weapons work as intended everywhere else except on garbage hallway maps like metro and locker and the carrier areas of naval strike. They even go as far and introduce riot shields to help players push up on these objectives, and its still totally defeated by explosive spam in those maps. They work fine everywhere else. I just don't think there's any point in balancing against anything that's already broken to its core. Whatever lessons learned with BF3's Close Quarters expansion were completely lost on them.

TheSeks

I find this hilarious, because the weapons work as intended everywhere else except on garbage hallway maps like metro and locker and the carrier areas of naval strike.

Well, it's not exactly just Metro/Locker. DICE isn't outright saying that, but it's what I feel. I really have no clue why either of the explosives were nerfed. They weren't spammed that badly outside of Locker/Metro and those maps pretty much wanted explosive spam given the tight quarters at times. :/

But again: I could see the case for the grenades, esp. the v40 minis. I can't really see the case for the M320/XM25.

HariKari

But XM25 spam wasn't terrible on most maps.

XM25 and the Mortar shouldn't even be in the game, so there's that.

Patch is great. Game felt especially good in a 64 player chain link server. Pretty hectic, but I never felt cheated by hitreg. I still hate that, when sidestrafing, your momentum can carry your shots ever so slightly to the left or right. This is especially annoying when hipfiring shotguns.

Shadybiz

Just played with a friend to test out the new patch on PS4. We were against like 6 gaffers (Faceless was among them, I think). Hooo boy...neither of us have played the game in like 3-4 months, and it shows. 4-14...wow.

As far as the patch goes, I think it definitely improved the game. I think I dig the new TTK. Generally, my shots go where I point them, which is always good, and I'm getting hit markers when I should. Shooting off of boats felt better as well. I did have to turn my sensitivity down a bit, but I'm not sure if that's anything the patch had an influence on.

Or running around on the ground floors/indoors. I rarely get sniped in Sabotage on that map even if I'm on the roofs. Probably because I'm too close to the edges to where they can't see me in the open. *shrug*

Needing to counter is rare on PC. I can't imagine it being that bad on consoles. Must be the auto-aim.
it's not. there usually isn't a need to and most of the time you can just ignore them. but occasionally, there will be people who actually use the recon as a spawn point to stay near the B/C points.

You're much more vulnerable with both of those. Plus, I'm not sure the UCAV is capable of the steep angles required, meaning you'd be firing from A and E to succeed.

it can reach from the gas station, highway or lower rooftops, never tried from the ground.

TheSeks

it's not. there usually isn't a need to and most of the time you can just ignore them. but occasionally, there will be people who actually use the recon as a spawn point to stay near the B/C points.

MAV can reach the ceiling on the map to counter that, yeah?

Anyway, the GOL's "straight pull" jumps around, yeah. The others are pretty much minimal in jumping around while the next round is chambered. It's really weird, since you're pulling the bolt back and not the "actual bolt" on the gun itself just the chamber. I don't get why only the GOL's scoped-in pull would do that tossing around. Happens in CTE as well. I guess no one bothered to just check it.

Tubie

MAV can reach the ceiling on the map to counter that, yeah?

Anyway, the GOL's "straight pull" jumps around, yeah. The others are pretty much minimal in jumping around while the next round is chambered. It's really weird, since you're pulling the bolt back and not the "actual bolt" on the gun itself just the chamber. I don't get why only the GOL's scoped-in pull would do that tossing around. Happens in CTE as well. I guess no one bothered to just check it.

I'm so angry/sad about this, and knowing them this might never get fixed.

burnfout

Wow the Airburst is nerfed pretty heavily, had lots of trouble countering the 10 + snipers on the Zavod building :(

This fucking game.

the best feature in the update hands down is sensitivity sliders for iron sights, midrange and long range scopes as separates.

so satisfying to finally crank up the default sensitivity high and adjust the ADS to 20% of that and scopes to 5%.

That would be fun. I have my 360 still but no gold either. I would consider buying a month if there was a crew rolling though.

Buying my ninth 360 tomorrow for BC2. Squad up, bros.

:eek:
Not home at the moment, and it may be a week or two before I get back. Definitely queuing tho whenever it hits XBL.

Edit: Speaking of which
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454108a8?cid=search

buy me gold

plug in my 360

:|

Shadybiz

the best feature in the update hands down is sensitivity sliders for iron sights, midrange and long range scopes as separates.

so satisfying to finally crank up the default sensitivity high and adjust the ADS to 20% of that and scopes to 5%.

Shit you can do that now?! Gonna have to go in and experiment .

TheSeks

Yes. You can even set the HUD transparency and icon size for ADS/non-ADS. So if you think the default HUD is "too cluttered" you can shrink the HUD pop-ups down now.

If they included that, which they should've. I don't recall CTE ever needing to massively tweak that.

I also suggest that everyone turns on the Defensive Perk icon in the advanced options since they (stupidly) made that non-default before making this patch. Might be a preference, but it's good for extra information of "needs one more bullet" from spotting someone.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
First match i tried got hit by a new bug (New for me at least): Once you're on a queue you cant go back.
I could even operate the battlelog UI that was behind the Queue Pop Up.

Had some great matches with GAFfers

yeah it takes a serious while to tweak all the new settings to your liking. I recommend Test Range.

minimap size, icon sizes, transparencies, sensitivities... there is literally a million new sliders in the gameplay and control menus under Advanced :D

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Is classic mode actually across the board on official DICE servers? If so, I'm definitely going to go back to this game.

Also, does this classic mode filter into Conquest where one team who takes all the flags basically wins instantly?

McHuj

Is it just me or have frame rate improved on PS4? It seems like Pearl Market on conquest was running a lot more smoothly.

VariantX

ive actually noticed that when you take buildings down in propaganda now, the frame rate tanks into the 10's- 20's now when it didn't before the patch.

VariantX

You think they'd fix these vehicles how useless is a get on dawn breaker?

Im guessing the only reason that jets exist on dawn breaker is because of the AC 130, otherwise, I simply cannot see the purpose of its existence on a map with all those buildings in the way. Even then, its still not needed when you still have AA vehicles available.

Omni

Haven't played in a month but I told myself that I'd return when this patch dropped.

I have high hopes. Downloading now

TheSeks

Also "Classic" is a server setting. I dunno if DICE is going to make "official servers" for it on consoles. I don't think it'll be popular with most of the base, especially on consoles.

Top Bottom