• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Is it just me or have frame rate improved on PS4? It seems like Pearl Market on conquest was running a lot more smoothly.

That's great news, and I hope you aren't just imagining things. A couple of maps have been running on square wheels for a few months now, if they've somehow tuned that up, that'll be wonderful.

What is this recoil change?

Your reticle/sights no longer simulates recoil while firing, so the reticle now indicates more accurately where your shots are going.

It also makes any magnified sites/scopes MUCH more viable now.

It makes it LOOK like there isn't much recoil, but the actual recoil values themselves haven't changed much.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Also "Classic" is a server setting. I dunno if DICE is going to make "official servers" for it on consoles. I don't think it'll be popular with most of the base, especially on consoles.

Hmm...well that's useless. I refuse to play on rental servers on Xbox One...can't stand people making up "house" rules.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
That's how they roll on console land.

I played a few rounds of rush on XBone and I was the only person trying to set the Mcom in 2 separate servers. Literally the ONLY one. WTF!?

rush was my favorite mode in the end of BF3. I would run with a couple guys with smoke and set every mcom as fast as possible. we would sweep maps in minutes, it was a great time.

Got back in and played a few rounds. Game feels good.

Really wish they would wise up and put out a small WW2 release like 1943. Would love to play some WW2 action in current gen frostbite.

Tubie

Metro feels so different now.

I think the XP is somewhat lower since less explosives = less people to heal and revive, I kinda like it more this way tho.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, how's rush?

"Improved," but only marginally. Sets have been "redone" by making quick changes of moving crates north/south of the problem areas they were in before. Shit map design continues to hinder the mode than the actual sets themselves at times. :/

CatPee

Liking the new hit marks when you fire your gun.

I really dislike them. Now I have a hard time counting how many hits I've landed so I can coolly look away after firing the exact amount of shots required to down them and start reloading in the instant before the kill registers. :(

TheSeks

I really dislike them. Now I have a hard time counting how many hits I've landed so I can coolly look away after firing the exact amount of shots required to down them and start reloading in the instant before the kill registers. :(

Yeah, I don't really care for the "different area hit" hitmarkers though most in CTE apparently do. :/ I honestly wish the markers were bigger than they are. Even doing normal chest shots they're pretty thin to see at times.

terrible

Banned
Yeah, I don't really care for the "different area hit" hitmarkers though most in CTE apparently do. :/ I honestly wish the markers were bigger than they are. Even doing normal chest shots they're pretty thin to see at times.

On console the headshot hitmarkers are huge. Maybe too big. It probably scales smaller at higher resolutions on PC.

M_A_C

PS4 resolution (or at least better AA) and framerate seem better now after the patch unless I'm just seeing things. Anyone else notice this?

What is this recoil change?

looky here for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZunwlzK2G4#t=3m10s

makes a big difference in how the game "feels" and it does feel much better now :D

PS4 resolution (or at least better AA) and framerate seem better now after the patch unless I'm just seeing things. Anyone else notice this?

you've just been playing too much Destiny or something :D that's what i noticed atleast, this game is much faster and smoother than locked 30fps.

They should have just gone with Hardline's red marker for headshots.

TheSeks

They should have just gone with Hardline's red marker for headshots.

A strong majority wanted that (myself included) and them keeping the previous hit markers. But apparently DICE-LA had different ideas. :/

I still want Hardline's "steal ammo/health" system on medic/supports.

terrible

Banned
A strong majority wanted that (myself included) and them keeping the previous hit markers. But apparently DICE-LA had different ideas. :/

I still want Hardline's "steal ammo/health" system on medic/supports.
Oh god yes. That was easily the best thing about Hardline. That one little change would make BF4 that much better.

IIRC They said they aren't doing that, because it doesn't fit with their current CTE initiative of encouraging teamwork. Personally I think that system is pretty lame, same with that self revive bullshit in Hardline.

TheSeks

IIRC They said they aren't doing that, because it doesn't fit with their current CTE initiative of encouraging teamwork. Personally I think that system is pretty lame, same with that self revive bullshit in Hardline.

I'm gonna need to hear reasons? Because repeatedly Q->NEED AMMO/NEED HEALTH

NEED AMMO
NEED AMMO
NEED AMMO
NEED AMMO
NEED AMMO
NEED AMMO
NEED AMMO

NEED AMMO
NEED AMMO

Someone to death while they run away from you and die for you to have to pick up their kit item is stupid. A good way of promoting teamwork would be to solve that fucking issue of having to spam "NEED AMMO/HEALTH" at people to death and a good way of solving that is to make the idiots useful to people instead of selfish dicks by not being able to resupply off them.

The self-revive is stupid as hell, though yes. But you can basically kill them 10 seconds later when they auto-revive, but this isn't Hardline.

Fact is Hardline's "steal health/ammo" system is the best thing introduced to the series besides the headshot indicator marker color.

It doesn't even have to give them points for resupplying. If people don't want to teamplay and don't want the (easy) points for throwing out health/ammo boxes every two minutes, that's their problem. Not mine. Mine is getting fucking ammo/health off them.

You'll always get incompetent people who are unwilling/unaware and not give you ammo/health though. I think the point they're trying to make is that they would rather implement an alternative instead of just doing that. You could implement that system and try to balance it out, but at the end of the day it doesn't promote teamwork in any meaningful way. If anything it potentially discourages it, because you're not communicating nor coordinating with those players. Not to mention it can give players the impression that they never need to bring out their bags because their teammates are just gonna take it from them via that system anyway.

Plus, if you are with a good squad, you should never come across that kind of problem. Even then, you can try to find a different Support player if the one you're chasing is clearly not going to give out ammo.

TheSeks

You'll always get incompetent people who are unwilling/unaware and not give you ammo/health though. I think the point they're trying to make is that they would rather implement an alternative instead of just doing that. You could implement that system and try to balance it out, but at the end of the day it doesn't promote teamwork in any meaningful way. If anything it potentially discourages it, because you're not communicating nor coordinating with those players. Not to mention it can give players the impression that they never need to bring out their bags because their teammates are just gonna take it from them via that system anyway.

Plus, if you are with a good squad, you should never come across that kind of problem. Even then, you can try to find a different Support player if the one you're chasing is clearly not going to give out ammo.

That's depending wayyy too much on there being more than one support. There's been rounds where people literally have to beg for people to throw out their kit items/health and ammo. It's stupid to say it discourages teamwork.

If you really want to make people throw out their kit items while implementing the steal system:

-10 HP per "steal" while alerting the team in team chat "NEED MEDIC" this would make the medicbag faster to heal than smashing Q 9-10 times for 100 health
-One magazine reloaded/no explosives gained via steal. "NEED AMMO" is alerted to Team. This would make the ammobox beneficial in throwing out in reloading (nerfed, ugh) grenades and XM25/M320/C4's AND faster than smashing Q to get one magazine at a time to your max for your pistol and primary.

BOOM. SOLVED.

Not doing it isn't solving the teamwork issue. The teamwork issue "people are going to be dick anyway and not work as a team" is always going to be there. In fact, IMO, the "teamwork initiative" is mostly a fools errand. You're not going to change the player base unless you throw big huge "SOMEONE NEEDS AMMO/HEALTH YOU DUMBFUCK" at people in text in the middle of their view every 10 seconds when someone requests it. So you might as well let people "steal" even if it "discourages team play" because it helps teamplay by getting shit off the "selfish players."

I mean if blinking icons on the minimap can't get people to notice that someone needs health and ammo, nor is running RIGHT INTO THEIR FUCKING FACES WHILE SPAMMING Q TO HAVE A BLINKING ICON IN THEIR VIEW in 3D space, nothing but allowing stealing is gonna help.

That's depending wayyy too much on there being more than one support. There's been rounds where people literally have to beg for people to throw out their kit items/health and ammo. It's stupid to say it discourages teamwork.

The point of that kind of system is to reduce a player's frustration of not getting health/ammo from an oblivious player. It does not promote teamwork in any meaningful way. You do not communicate with those players, you do not coordinate with those players.

If you really want to make people throw out their kit items while implementing the steal system:

-10 HP per "steal" while alerting the team in team chat "NEED MEDIC" this would make the medicbag faster to heal than smashing Q 9-10 times for 100 health
-One magazine reloaded/no explosives gained via steal. "NEED AMMO" is alerted to Team. This would make the ammobox beneficial in throwing out in reloading (nerfed, ugh) grenades and XM25/M320/C4's AND faster than smashing Q to get one magazine at a time to your max for your pistol and primary.

BOOM. SOLVED.

You're proposing to implement that system and add a command alongside it when utilizing the aforementioned system, of which those commands can be done via commo rose in less than 1 second already. This does not promote teamwork, nor does it make it more clear for players that some of their teammates want health/ammo.

Not doing it isn't solving the teamwork issue. The teamwork issue "people are going to be dick anyway and not work as a team" is always going to be there. In fact, IMO, the "teamwork initiative" is mostly a fools errand. You're not going to change the player base unless you throw big huge "SOMEONE NEEDS AMMO/HEALTH YOU DUMBFUCK" at people in text in the middle of their view every 10 seconds when someone requests it.

I never said keeping things as is would solve the teamwork issue. I understand that you will always have bad/incompetent players, I mentioned it in my last post. The teamwork initiative isn't about making bad players to magically stop being bad.

The goal of the teamwork initiative is, to quote the DICE developer who announced said initiative:

t1gge said:
The goal of this initiative is to make objective and team oriented play more desirable and understandable.

Remember how some people didn't even know you can charge the defibs because the game isn't clear enough about it?

So you might as well let people "steal" even if it "discourages team play" because it helps teamplay by getting shit off the "selfish players."

You do understand that you're saying people need to be selfish in order to deal with other selfish players, right? Unless you're saying that getting extra health/ammo from other players without their consent is somehow not selfish.

I mean if blinking icons on the minimap can't get people to notice that someone needs health and ammo, nor is running RIGHT INTO THEIR FUCKING FACES WHILE SPAMMING Q TO HAVE A BLINKING ICON IN THEIR VIEW in 3D space, nothing but allowing stealing is gonna help.

The blinking icons in the minimap are practically useless because many people accidentally ask for health/ammo thanks to the context sensitive Q button, hence why the game isn't clear enough about who actually wants health/ammo. Sometimes the game also randomly decides for you that you want ammo/health/repairs and starts blinking icons on top of you.

TheSeks

The goal of the teamwork initiative is, to quote the DICE developer who announced said initiative:

Remember how some people didn't even know you can charge the defibs because the game isn't clear enough about it?

Sure. But what are they going to do? Make a tooltip for people to do this?

You do understand that you're saying people need to be selfish in order to deal with other selfish players, right? Unless you're saying that getting extra health/ammo from other players without their consent is somehow not selfish.

Sure. If it's being "selfish" to get fucking ammo and health, then I'll be goddamn selfish nine days of the week. So long as I fucking get ammo I can't give a toss if it's from "stealing" or someone actually *lightbulbs* at getting the points for giving me it. Just so long as I get the goddamn thing.

The blinking icons in the minimap are practically useless because many people accidentally ask for health/ammo thanks to the context sensitive Q button, hence why the game isn't clear enough about who actually wants health/ammo. Sometimes the game also randomly decides for you that you want ammo/health/repairs and starts blinking icons on top of you.

Sounds like something they should fix, while implementing the stealing system, naturally.

Sure. But what are they going to do? Make a tooltip for people to do this?

I'm sure they'll think of something. That's not the only thing that needs to be more clear anyway.

Sure. If it's being "selfish" to get fucking ammo and health, then I'll be goddamn selfish nine days of the week. So long as I fucking get ammo I can't give a toss if it's from "stealing" or someone actually *lightbulbs* at getting the points for giving me it. Just so long as I get the goddamn thing.

It's selfish to get extra ammo/health from your teammates without their consent, it can also potentially discourage teamwork if everybody starts doing it.

Sounds like something they should fix, while implementing the stealing system, naturally.

*rolls eyes*

If you drive a tank, you don't need health nor ammo, guys. Easy life.

But you'll see selfish people who won't repair you, then you'll want to be able to be repaired by pressing E when you're near your friendly engineers.

TheSeks

But you'll see selfish people who won't repair you, then you'll want to be able to be repaired by pressing E when you're near your friendly engineers.

*roll eyes* Yes, because he doesn't already have a "steal repairs" system by backing the fuck up and getting away from damage sources that's been in since launch already.

When 99% of the playerbase (1% being you in this case) is literally begging DICE to implement a steal system that a later title is going to implement so it solves a MAJOR problem for most of the player-base, what does that say about trusting the playerbase to "play together?"

*roll eyes* Yes, because he doesn't already have a "steal repairs" system by backing the fuck up and getting away from damage sources that's been in since launch already.

The part you quoted was me making a joke.

Why do you want to be able to take extra health from teammates without their consent if you can regen anyway by backing the fuck up, just like you can with vehicles? Either way, HP Regen =/= taking extra ammo/health/repairs from teammates without their consent.

When 99% of the playerbase (1% being you in this case) is literally begging DICE to implement a steal system that a later title is going to implement so it solves a MAJOR problem for most of the player-base, what does that say about trusting the playerbase to "play together?"

Citation needed.

TheSeks

The part you quoted was me making a joke.

Why do you want to be able to take extra health from teammates without their consent if you can regen anyway by backing the fuck up, just like you can with vehicles? Either way, HP Regen =/= taking extra ammo/health/repairs from teammates without their consent.

And...? Not seeing the problem here. I get healed, they are useful instead of useless fucks even if it's a passive use. Win-win.

Citation needed.

Go ask most anyone if they think DICE should implement the steal health/ammo system that Hardline has into BF4. Most (including YOU back in the beta) would say "yes, absolutely."

----

Here's BF4's method of solving this right now:

Pick up fallen teammates kit item, throw out kit item quickly. Pray the "timer" to disappear the kit item doesn't fuck you over to where you're stuck with some of their WTF kit item choices (IRNV on an LMG in a non-IRNV map/etc.) for trying to solve the issue.

Beg people to death to get what you want.

"BUT RUN TO SOMEONE ELSE"

And do 1-2 again when they don't do that? Run to someone else on the other side of the map (so basically hoofing it for "miles") to get 1-2 again more than likely? Luck out and maybe get someone that wants to get points from you?

Here's BFH's method of solving this:

Run up to useless fuck. Press Q. Get ammo/health. Everyone wins! Useless fuck doesn't get points, you live to fight another day and gain points from said fighting. Win-win.

Gee, I wonder why the majority of players would want to take Hardline's method over the current method!?

Ocho

Even when I have a gunner, I'm the one in the ground repairing my tank. I'm so used to be a solo tanker, I don't need anyone else.

Guyz, if you need ammo, just redeploy fuck it #yolo.

And...? Not seeing the problem here. I get healed, they are useful instead of useless fucks even if it's a passive use. Win-win.

You completely ignored the other half of that sentence. You were also equating vehicle HP regen to be the same as a "steal repairs" system. Which begged the question why you would want to take extra health when you can regen it just like you can with vehicles.

Go ask most anyone if they think DICE should implement the steal health/ammo system that Hardline has into BF4. Most (including YOU back in the beta) would say "yes, absolutely."

I never liked the system.

Here's BF4's method of solving this right now:

Pick up fallen teammates kit item, throw out kit item quickly. Pray the "timer" to disappear the kit item doesn't fuck you over to where you're stuck with some of their WTF kit item choices (IRNV on an LMG in a non-IRNV map/etc.) for trying to solve the issue.

Beg people to death to get what you want.

"BUT RUN TO SOMEONE ELSE"

And do 1-2 again when they don't do that? Run to someone else on the other side of the map (so basically hoofing it for "miles") to get 1-2 again more than likely? Luck out and maybe get someone that wants to get points from you?

Here's BFH's method of solving this:

Run up to useless fuck. Press Q. Get ammo/health. Everyone wins! Useless fuck doesn't get points, you live to fight another day and gain points from said fighting. Win-win.

You're heavily overstating how problematic it is. BF4's method is to ask a good teammate for something and they give it to you. Currently it is agreed that the game doesn't do a good job of communicating that, they are working on it.

Gee, I wonder why the majority of players would want to take Hardline's method over the current method!?

I kept telling you over and over why the devs and a good amount of people in CTE don't want to have that system implemented, but evidently I seem to be talking to a brick wall here. You still haven't given me a proper citation of how apparently the majority of people want it implemented, but w/e. Won't be wasting my time on this anymore.

Even when I have a gunner, I'm the one in the ground repairing my tank. I'm so used to be a solo tanker, I don't need anyone else.

Guyz, if you need ammo, just redeploy fuck it #yolo.

Huh, I always thought you had unbinded your E because you always spawn with a tank and never die. Are you saying you actually played as infantry in BF?

TheSeks

You completely ignored the other half of that sentence. You were also equating vehicle HP regen to be the same as a "steal repairs" system. Which begged the question why you would want to take extra health when you can regen it just like you can with vehicles.

Because one is less squishy than the other, maybe?

Armor = take hits and able to get away to auto-repair.

Infantry = take hits barely able to get away to auto-heal.

You're heavily overstating how problematic it is. BF4's method is to ask a good teammate for something and they give it to you.

You're heavily understating how problematic it is. BF4's method is to beg "a good teammate" for something which they won't give to you even if you smash "NEED AMMO/NEED HEALTH" 5 TIMES IN FRONT OF THEM. BIG FLASHING ICON IN FRONT OF THEM. BIG MINIMAP FLASHING ICON IN FRONT OF THEM.

"You need ammo/health? Wut is that?" *runs off to die leaving you to pray you can switch items quick enough to solve the issue AND not get stuck with their shit*

Currently it is agreed that the game doesn't do a good job of communicating that, they are working on it.

I wish them luck, but whatever they're going to do (IMO) is going to come up short, whereas "steal health/ammo" that Hardline is implementing actually solves the issue and most of the player-base agrees. Shame DICE is too pigheaded to actually listen to those people and Visceral in helping team play.

"Oh, you're not going to give me ammo after I ask? Fine, I'll smash Q and get it off you anyway, asshole."

Shadybiz

Ugh..just crashed twice in one session (PS4). Luckily both times, it was at the end of the match, but seriously. I haven't played in months except for the past couple of days, and back when I was playing, the crashing had pretty much stopped. Annoying.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
All of this feature talk reminds that i eagerly await to check what other small improvements hardline has added to the BF4 formula,looking forward to the new beta.

that's a great idea! teamwork is great, but you can't FORCE people to not act like dipshits, so at least make it easier for the less shitty people to get by. if it means helping yourself off of some asshole without their consent, that's even better. they don't want free points for teamwork? fuck 'em!

TheSeks

that's a great idea! teamwork is great, but you can't FORCE people to not act like dipshits, so at least make it easier for the less shitty people to get by. if it means helping yourself off of some asshole without their consent, that's even better. they don't want free points for teamwork? fuck 'em!

Exactly. But T1gge:

StayFr0zty said said:
t1gge said said:
Rand0mwarrior said said:
OmenEU said said:
Rand0mwarrior said said:
bad idea.

it gives you the false impresion of teamplay. only the player and ONLY HIM should take action and drop an ammo box. not an automated feature that take away any teamplay aspect. the idea sounds and look good on the paper but it's terrible in the reality.

i mean what's next ? pressing E next to an engineer will automatically repair yor vehicle ? c'mon....

this feature dump down the gameplay extremely

Not really, soldiers during the vietnam war would often reach into soldiers packs near them to get some clips (or so biographies lead to believe) - this idea is not entirely unreasonable and it doesn't dumb the gameplay down at all, it improves it if anything.
no, it doesnt improve it.
the entire teamplay aspect of asking for ammo / health and getting some is totaly ereased. there is no need to communicate anymore since you get everything by just pressing E. as i said above it gives you the false impression of teamplay. dont let it fool you.

I agree with this. While it sure is nice to be able to take ammo and health - it's better suited for a smaller team game IMO. And it suits police theme much better too I think.

We might have to do something about the shooting of friendly ammoboxes and healthboxes tho :)

If you think this takes away from the teamplay, please make the teamplay work then. Because none i dropping ammo! You can run after a guy for 10 mins shouting i need ammo, shooting him, knifing him, standing in his way, just to see him die. You revive him and start all over again.

What need to be fixed is the chat delay, cuz that ammo spam you just did wont show up in chat until end of game. And the soundque wont prio the shouting so its not even a guarantee that he will ever hear it. Remove the I need ammo text from chat and make it more visible on hes screen.

I even thought of changing my name to "NeedAmmoWantMedic" as the alerting system in affect is not working atm.

Dude I quoted has the right idea: Shit needs to be fixed and they need to implement the goddamn steal system. It's impossible to get ammo or health from well-meaning teammates even if you jump in front of their view and spam it and show a blinking box.

It doesn't even need to auto-heal the entire thing. Just give me 10 HP with a 3-10 second spam cooldown for stealing health and one magazine for the primary and reserve (maybe half a clip for the LMG's) to steal ammo from the supports with the same cooldown. But for fuck sake, having to "run around" to get fucking ammo from 3-4 supports that ignore you is bullshit.

I seriously doubt DICE-LA/T1gge's answer to this is going to solve the issue to where people that have played Hardline and prefer that system won't not want that system in.

Tubie

I loved this whole back and forth between TheSeks and Kane, but I have to mostly side with Seks on this.

No matter what you do, you can't make bad players or new players instantly become good.

Why not add the "leech" option, and while you leech that person gets a BIG warning telling them they should look at their map and always throw down bags/boxes.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm sure some of the time those "clueless" players aren't carrying ammo or health packs.

I always wondered about that. Was DICE smart enough to make it so that the "this guy has ammo/health" indicator only appears above Assaults/Supports that are actually carrying that equipment?

terrible

Banned
I always wondered about that. Was DICE smart enough to make it so that the "this guy has ammo/health" indicator only appears above Assaults/Supports that are actually carrying that equipment?

Their icon on the map only flashes when you call for ammo or health if they have it, yes. At least as far as I've noticed.

Top Bottom