• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Semper88

Hows everyone's opinion on the patch?

For me it seems way smoother and fun to play again. 8 out of 10 situations i'm able to run behind cover without dying there. Had a few situations where someone killed me right in my face without even seeing his gun fire.

I'm having a blast with scopes on AR's now. They are usable :D

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

For me it seems way smoother and fun to play again. 8 out of 10 situations i'm able to run behind cover without dying there. Had a few situations where someone killed me right in my face without even seeing his gun fire.

It's great. I feel dirty having such a large minimap.

VariantX

-The changes to visual recoil massively improve the game for me as i can actually see what the recoil actually looks like and control it. Because ACOG's and scopes are useful now instead of a hindrance, I feel like I can experiment again and build something closer to suit my playstyle rather than just stick to the guns and attachments are viable now.

-I dont ever want to go back to the old style of movement again. The game feels so much more responsive and I don't feel as 'heavy' and clunky as I used to

-The triage system needs to be in every battlefield game from now on and forever.

Acinixys

Because one is less squishy than the other, maybe?

Armor = take hits and able to get away to auto-repair.

Infantry = take hits barely able to get away to auto-heal.

You're heavily understating how problematic it is. BF4's method is to beg "a good teammate" for something which they won't give to you even if you smash "NEED AMMO/NEED HEALTH" 5 TIMES IN FRONT OF THEM. BIG FLASHING ICON IN FRONT OF THEM. BIG MINIMAP FLASHING ICON IN FRONT OF THEM.

"You need ammo/health? Wut is that?" *runs off to die leaving you to pray you can switch items quick enough to solve the issue AND not get stuck with their shit*

I wish them luck, but whatever they're going to do (IMO) is going to come up short, whereas "steal health/ammo" that Hardline is implementing actually solves the issue and most of the player-base agrees. Shame DICE is too pigheaded to actually listen to those people and Visceral in helping team play.

"Oh, you're not going to give me ammo after I ask? Fine, I'll smash Q and get it off you anyway, asshole."

Seks the people disagreeing with you are arguing just for the sake of having an argument

Anyone who says that Supports always drop ammo when you ask them to are clearly mental or have never played the game for more than 30 minutes

I think that DICE not adding the self resupply from medics and supports is a huge over sight on their part

The amount of times Ive died because a support didn't drop me ammo has to be in the hundreds

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I always wondered about that. Was DICE smart enough to make it so that the "this guy has ammo/health" indicator only appears above Assaults/Supports that are actually carrying that equipment?

Nope. Which is one of the things DICE should fix. But that's ignoring the symptom to the problem. A lot of them are. They're just fucking oblivious to other peoples needs. As soon as they run out of ammo or get injured? Oh the kit will come out. But ask them to do it with no one firing on you and they don't need it? Nope.

Seks the people disagreeing with you are arguing just for the sake of having an argument

Anyone who says that Supports always drop ammo when you ask them to are clearly mental or have never played the game for more than 30 minutes

I think that DICE not adding the self resupply from medics and supports is a huge over sight on their part

The amount of times Ive died because a support didn't drop me ammo has to be in the hundreds

Not sure if trollin' or hyperbole. The point I'm making is: You can't rely on the other teammates to actually give you what you want if you ask. Even if you ask repeatedly. DICE wants you "to go to someone else" which is stupid if you only 3-4 supports on a 16 player team. That means having to move around the map for something that could solved in an instant by stealing it off the other player that is too oblivious and equipped with the item(s) you need.

This isn't an Arena Shooter where you are bouncing around at the speed of light and able to get items that heal you/resupply you while dodging thousands of shots. You don't want to move from cover at times. In those situations you're fucked if the other people doesn't help you out if you ask.

It doesn't even need to give you full health or ammo. Just something to where you can actually continue to survive in a round in a situation where "moving to someone else" isn't an option.

TCRS

Banned
I don't particularly like it. Assault Rifles seem off to me, especially the SAR, the only AR I actually liked. Grenades have become somewhat useless. and there are some other balancing issues as well.

I'm very sensitive to balancing issues and I thought DICE had gotten it right. and now they've changed it and I don't like it. and that's not a snap judgement I've played for many hours since the update.

Facism

oh my lord is the PKP jokes. don't even know why i put a 4x on it, the thing doesn't need ADS to be accurate.

TheSeks

oh my lord is the PKP jokes. don't even know why i put a 4x on it, the thing doesn't need ADS to be accurate.

The PKP has always been good if you're willing to deal with the recoil. Did they nerf the recoil with this patch or something?

Guess it'll be the new AWS despite it being the "new AWS" since launch, just like BF3's PKP. High damage weapon. :/

TCRS

Banned
haha yeah I fucking love the PKP Pecheneg with iron sight + heavy barrel. on rogue transmission I just sit on top of the hill between B and D and kill people at E lolol.

I'm also loving the RPK-74. and old school wood and metal russian weapon, none of that plastic shit everywhere. sounds and feels fucking great.

the MG4 is overpowered for me, it's just boring. M240B... I dunno I'm trying to warm up to it but the russian weapons have such great sounds that I can't get away from them.

edit: well recoil is not that much of an issue for me since I always use the bipod. If I'm playing a more active support guy I take the RPK-12. yeah it doesn't sound as great but recoil wise it's pretty good on the run even with the standard bipod.

TheSeks

I'm also loving the RPK-74. and old school wood and metal russian weapon, none of that plastic shit everywhere. sounds and feels fucking great.

But DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD it's "low tier" and low damage/slow firing! *half the playerbase whining over it when it's actually a good gun in the right hands*

I love that gun. I really wish a proper AK (read: 74(U)/47) was in the game to go with it. :(

If the AWS wasn't GDLK, I'd probably still be using the RPK.

edit: well recoil is not that much of an issue for me since I always use the bipod.

So do I. (Always. Wanna be with you. Make laser guns with you. And live in harmony, oh Bipod...~) But even Bipodded the PKP jumps insanely in visuals the last time I tried it to where I couldn't stand it's "recoil." Again, good gun in the right hands and it's insanely powerful, but the recoil is killer.

Erban1

Yes, everyone should use alongside 75v (90h) fov with ads scaling.

I'd have to boot it up, but i'd imagine us console players don't get the option to adjust FOV

I still don't understand what it does.
apparently it makes the sensitivity of all scopes feel uniform, so a sight like red dot will feel as sensitive as an 3-4x scope.

Here's some more info: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494051524581/

I'm going to play for the weekend with the setting on and set up as advised in the link and see how i feel about it.

TheSeks

Yes, everyone should use alongside 75v (90h) fov with ads scaling.

I didn't really notice a change with it on or off, so I just left it off. *shrug* This was when it was first implemented in CTE. Maybe I need to recheck.

Honestly, I want the BC2 console "click to zoom" gunner control option back instead of having hold to zoom/ADS being the option for infantry AND vehicles it was/is in BF3/4. :/

(Plus the aiming to not be "wonky" in BF3/4 and more like BC2 for gunners, plz)

So you now have to jump over the tiniest steps now.

Welcome to DICE not fixing the mounting system. :/

I'm loving the buff to suppressors.

My MTAR is better than ever!

the MTAR's always been my favorite gun. I got like 4 service stars with it back when I played on PS4.

My top five weapons in order were the MTAR, the ACR-W, the SW40, the M9, and C4. Man I love recon.

Tubie

For the Assault class, what is another weapon along the lines of the F2000?

High RoF? AEK-971 and FAMAS.

The AEK-971 is amazing.

I'm not a fan of the FAMAS but some people love that too.

the MTAR's always been my favorite gun. I got like 4 service stars with it back when I played on PS4.

My top five weapons in order were the MTAR, the ACR-W, the SW40, the M9, and C4. Man I love recon.

I love it more than ever.

For me it's SCAR with 15 stars, MTAR with 13 and MG4 with 8.

For the Assault class, what is another weapon along the lines of the F2000?

FAMAS. Long reload times, extremely high fire rate (highest in the game), Bullpup like the F2000 too which means you get the bullpup bonuses (move faster while aiming down sights, better hip fire).

FAMAS is just a really good and entertaining weapon to use. It's not too bad in medium range either.

FAMAS. Long reload times, extremely high fire rate (highest in the game), Bullpup like the F2000 too which means you get the bullpup bonuses (move faster while aiming down sights, better hip fire).

FAMAS is just a really good and entertaining weapon to use. It's not too bad in medium range either.

FAMAS is my favorite assault rifle for sure. You just absolutely mow people down.

TheSeks

I prefer the F2000 over most of the others at all ranges. But I'm hardheaded. I couldn't get into the FAMAS. Vomits ammo faster than the F2000 even with the "bullpup" benefits.

If you're going to go long range, you might as well use the AEK over the FAMAS. Rock solid and doesn't vomit ammo as fast.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
FAMAS is my favorite assault rifle for sure. You just absolutely mow people down.

A 25 bullets clip and 1000 RPM means i don't want to touch that weapon ever, Scar H gets a pass because of it's unique damage model. Also i've been thinking guys and i think support may be the worst class, i mean it's okay but the other 3 classes just seem more useful overall.

PLayed around with different HUD opacity options last night. Making objectives disappear, names and health bars of friendly players disappear, and names of enemies all disappear when you're in ADS is fucking amazing. So much screen clutter removed.

Next trying to fine-tune the minimal. Shrinking icons by 10% is helpful so far.

terrible

Banned
Everyone just uses silencers on high ROF guns now. Whenever DICE tries to balance things they always end up just making things worse lol.

TheSeks

Suppressors don't have bullet drop like BF3?

Huh, guess I should slap those on my guns then...

Did they buff suppressors?

Going through weapons I haven't mastered yet, I find sub-800 RPM guns unusable. Don't know if its the patch or the guns.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Did they buff suppressors?

Going through weapons I haven't mastered yet, I find sub-800 RPM guns unusable. Don't know if its the patch or the guns.

Yeah.

"Bullet velocity increases: Improved bullet velocity for Slugs and nearly all suppressed weapons."

I get the feeling that they should have left out this improvement more guns than they did.

olimpia84

GREAT games tonight guys (Moneyman and KahrMatri) including a nailbiter that we won by one damn ticket lol
The other team had tons of problems tracking my spawn beacons trollface.jpg
And yeah, my accuracy was improved a ton since the new patch; could be just a good connection or something but I noticed that I'm being more precise.

JJD

GREAT games tonight guys (Moneyman and KahrMatri) including a nailbiter that we won by one damn ticket lol
And yeah, my accuracy was improved a ton since the new patch; could be just a good connection or something but I noticed that I'm being more precise.

How often are you playing Olimpia? Thinking about trying the game again...

Erban1

I was afraid we wouldn't pull that one out, and I literally laughed out loud at that beacon right outside D...it stayed up for so long before anyone noticed it sitting there. I'm still adjusting to using unified soldier aiming,I like not feeling a variation in sensitivity between the different scope ranges.

TheSeks

Battlefield Facebook posts people using the riot shield to troll their teammates and TK them with a neutral vehicle.

Guess that's another thing DICE should fix with this "get off a moving vehicle and TK" thing they're doing in CTE.

(In before whiners about them fixing that)

Tubie

Battlefield Facebook posts people using the riot shield to troll their teammates and TK them with a neutral vehicle.

Guess that's another thing DICE should fix with this "get off a moving vehicle and TK" thing they're doing in CTE.

(In before whiners about them fixing that)

Wait, that fix didn't make it to this patch?

TheSeks

Wait, that fix didn't make it to this patch?

Not as far as I'm aware. It's part of the "third initiative" (the second being Rush, which IMO isn't really "done/worked on" *sigh*): Team play. One of the new CTE patches removes that "exploit" trolling ability where you can kill teamates getting off a moving vehicle (it'll push them aside in CTE now) HOWEVER you can use that "exploit" to kill enemies as a credit to yourself.

But this shield bash is a new one.

olimpia84

I was afraid we wouldn't pull that one out, and I literally laughed out loud at that beacon right outside D...it stayed up for so long before anyone noticed it sitting there. I'm still adjusting to using unified soldier aiming,I like not feeling a variation in sensitivity between the different scope ranges.

Yeah that was hilarious. I dropped the spawn beacon in there because I was getting shot from the outside and wanted to spawn again to keep the opposite team in defending mode. Surprisingly the beacon stayed there for quite a while and I managed to get a good 6/7 kills out of it :p

Been playing the game a little bit since the patch. In my opinion, the answer to the title of the thread is a decisive no. It boggles my mind how Dice could fuck up vehicle balance so hard, especially considering how perfect it was in BC2. What boggles the mind even more is that they added a weapon like the airburst to the game. Aside from the poorly balanced vehicles and the airburst, there's still a plethora of other problems. The netcode, while better than at launch, is still terrible. The animations may look good, but they play bad. The COD-gunplay has no redeeming qualities what so ever in my opinion. It's clear to me that Dice and I no longer see eye to eye. I will not be purchasing another BF game, ever.

Top Bottom