• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If helicopters were an issue for you in BC2 on PC, you simply weren't good enough.

You completely ignored what I said while going "LALALALALALALALALA BALANCE IS PERFECT."

I even mentioned that the limiters on PC were off. HOWEVER it was still possible to break the physics of the helicopters and have them doing faster turns and speeds than most people even on PC would be nailing them with.

And, for the record: Kane played BC2 PC for far longer than I have. He is correct in saying that you're crazy if you think the BC2 helicopters weren't more mobile than the BF3/4 variants.

Let me just preface this by saying that I played BC2 and BF3/4 on PC. I think I can vaguely remember people complaining about helicopters in BC2 on consoles.

If helicopters were an issue for you in BC2 on PC, you simply weren't good enough.

I've found the vehicles in BC2 to be an afterthought and were set aside in order to have the game be heavily focused on infantry and the destruction mechanic.

Yes. This is a skill based shooter, not math. Simply saying 2 > 1 isn't good enough.

It is. Especially when those two are good players and one of them happens to be using a Scout Helicopter.

Played a few matches on the PS4 last night since the big balance changes. Did they change the recoil on LMG's? I was using my LSAT last night with a RDS and it felt like there was zero recoil at all with the thing even standing.

It also feels like they tried to buff the frame rate a little bit which causes some issues. When nothing's happening the game seems to run smoother but when there's a lot of action or explosions on screen the frame rate drops much worse now.

TheSeks

Netcode is still wonky.

150 ping-ish. Get the drop on someone. AWS bang on them. No hit markers, no hit confirmation.

Die to them.

Thanks, DICE. So much for that. :|

VariantX

Played a few matches on the PS4 last night since the big balance changes. Did they change the recoil on LMG's? I was using my LSAT last night with a RDS and it felt like there was zero recoil at all with the thing even standing.

It also feels like they tried to buff the frame rate a little bit which causes some issues. When nothing's happening the game seems to run smoother but when there's a lot of action or explosions on screen the frame rate drops much worse now.

It might just be the visual recoil changes. The bullets actually go where the sights are pointing now instead of the way it worked before.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Had some weird lag on PS3 yesterday, was constantly rewinding 1 second got really annoying. I dunno if it was my shitty internet or if the servers were fucked.

I was thinking of picking this up for the PS3 soon.

After all the patches, I would assume the multiplayer game is pretty damn hot now?

Or is a case of 'flogging a dead horse'?

I have a MP FPS hole in my life at the moment and thought this game might do the trick?

This game's pretty good, i would say get it but wait for the Premium edition with all the DLC coming the 21 this month. Also if you plan to upgrade to PS4 just get the base game for PS4 since premium works on both platforms.

Kabuto

I haven't been able to any battlepacks for the past week for some reason. Any weapon battlepack I unlock does not appear on my profile at all. It's weird and it sucks :/

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Still getting some weird lag. I tried CSGO on PC and i still get some weird issues even tough i get good ping, i dunno what the fuck is going on. I should disable WIFI and see what's up.

How well will I be able to play with a 3mbps/764kbps (Down/Up) connection? It's all I can get where I live now. :(

Do you have a PS3 or PS4? In PS3 there's a full trial available so you should check for yourself if the game runs well. Also i read somewhere that your speeds should be fine except if it's satellite internet, cable it's fine.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I already own the PS4 version. I'm just now getting internet at my new apartment and I can only get Verizon DSL. I used to have cable.

If you already have the PS4 version how about you just try it and check it out? Also i disabled wifi and i still got some lag, it's killing my soul. Oh and did i mention i was doing the campaign on hard and my PS3 froze and i lost all my progress? Lost like 4 levels, that fucking sucked, fucking Dice.

Lulu23

So how is the PS4 version performing generally? I own the game on PC but the controls (movement etc.) vs. what they were like in BF3 have totally put me off. The patch imo fixed that, but having nothing to play on PC for a year (was mainly playing Battlefield on my rig) has made me a console gamer again.

I just wonder how the framerate is holding up and how the servers are in terms of performance?
Are there official 24-32p Rush servers in Europe?

If you already have the PS4 version how about you just try it and check it out? Also i disabled wifi and i still got some lag, it's killing my soul. Oh and did i mention i was doing the campaign on hard and my PS3 froze and i lost all my progress? Lost like 4 levels, that fucking sucked, fucking Dice.

I will. In a few days when it is all set up. I just wanted to ask if anyone else plays on a similar connection.

Tubie

I will. In a few days when it is all set up. I just wanted to ask if anyone else plays on a similar connection.

Not long ago (2-3 years) I was playing online games like WoW with a 5m/1m DSL connection and it was all fine, always around 50-80MS depending on server location.

So I think you should be fine. The possible difference in latency will be so small that you probably won't notice it.

i have to say bf4 is 100x better than bf3, i just picked it up and i am very impressed. some maps like the shangia city or whatever are terrible but wake island, resort etc. are amazing. i hated bf3 but the 64 players really makes a massive difference to the battlefield experience, this is how bf is supposed to be played

Ocho

i have to say bf4 is 100x better than bf3, i just picked it up and i am very impressed. some maps like the shangia city or whatever are terrible but wake island, resort etc. are amazing. i hated bf3 but the 64 players really makes a massive difference to the battlefield experience, this is how bf is supposed to be played

awkwardseal.jpg

But yeah, 64p CQ is the way to go. Welcome to next gen.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I rebooted my router and all my lag problems have gone away, so fucking weird. Also the cz 805 is a good weapon, but i feel the m416 is better. Even tough i really like how the cz 805 looks.

Akainu

I'm not crazy right if the shells don't have explosives in them they shouldn't be stopped by the active protection right?

TheSeks

Can't wait for the LMG UAV nerf

Shit is gonna be the CUAV 2.0 DICE PLZ. This is why you should've gave us that shit during the "map pre-alpha" so we could tell you "NO. BAD DICE. NO."

I'm not crazy right if the shells don't have explosives in them they shouldn't be stopped by the active protection right?

C4 which while an explosive needs to be detonated can be stopped by the APS Supports can drop via a "force field" it has. I don't see why non-explosive shells can't be by a tanks APS.

TheSeks

Wow. Pod landing means you don't die now. Nice. No more having to bail and guess where I'm going, kinda... still a bit of guesswork involved in the launch but I think that'd change with time, maybe.

Kibbles

When do the new maps come out on ps4? I can't find it anywhere and I remember seeing the trailer and gameplay a while back but it's still not out :S

can anyone give me a breakdown of all the best weapons for a class, i really dont want to spend time upgrading the wrong weapons.

also side rant, the unlocking system in this game is utter shit, when i unlock a scope i should be able to use it with every gun. they have turned this game to such a grind fest

can anyone give me a breakdown of all the best weapons for a class, i really dont want to spend time upgrading the wrong weapons.

also side rant, the unlocking system in this game is utter shit, when i unlock a scope i should be able to use it with every gun. they have turned this game to such a grind fest

This was my biggest problem with this game. Every time I play I remember I have like 2 weapons unlocked for each class and the time it takes to progress is ridiculous if you don't play it regularly. I think they want us to buy the unlock packs which is just bullshit.

My other problem is I started playing it before joining gaf and didn't have anybody I knew that played it regularly. It is a really crappy game to lone wolf in.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Assault: m416 or ace 23

Engineer: the AK 5C carbine is damn awesome, it's a slightly worse assault rifle if you look at the stats.

Support: I like the type 88, not that good at CQC but it's very stable and can hit dudes at long range. PKP pecheneg is also good thanks to it's extra dmg but the recoil can be hard to handle,I also read that the AWS is pretty damn good.

Recon: I dunno since i don't play much recon but i have always read that the SRR-61 is the best but takes forever to unlock, i have mostly used the M40A5 and i found it to be pretty good except in extreme long ranges.

And yes this game is a grind fest, i agree that the unlock system isn't the best because it takes such a long time to unlock stuff and you always start at zero with a new gun.oh and to reach the level cap it would take you like 1000 hours.

I only had the base game but I sold it because I got tired of playing the same maps and because of the problems the game had. Do you think I should buy the premium edition? I want it but I am worried the dlc isn't worth it and that gta and call of duty might decimate the population.

TheSeks

I want it but I am worried the dlc isn't worth it and that gta and call of duty might decimate the population.

lol

lol. Top kek.

People still play BC2, five years after the fact. On consoles it may be smaller, but that's generation leaps. I'm sure people will still be playing BF4 when GTA5 and CoD11 come out.

Levelcap complains that the movement is too slow and momentum based, now they make it faster and he complains its too janky and fast.

Didn't they just make it BF3's momentum systems? Or is it between the two? I know they started with it on CTE at BF3's and then tweaked down or something. I didn't follow that testing closely.

As it is, complaining about the animations is stupid given they can rejig the entire thing if they want to. But it's wayyyyyy more work given they have to "retime" everything for the new momentum speed.

TheZink

I only had the base game but I sold it because I got tired of playing the same maps and because of the problems the game had. Do you think I should buy the premium edition? I want it but I am worried the dlc isn't worth it and that gta and call of duty might decimate the population.
I play a lot and honestly a lot of the DLC content people are not playing if you're not playing conquest. Trying to get in a match of obliteration or rush it's pretty much a no go in most DLC's

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Isn't Levelcap a shill? Along with most of the BF4 dedicated youtube community?
Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for most all the battlefield commentators due to their pre-release coverage of bf4. To a T, they all raved about how great the game played, was balanced, had a great net code, etc. Not one has apologized for misleading their subscribers.

Top Bottom