• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
officially bored of the game, only started playing it a few days ago and really liked it but this tedious unlocking system has pushed me away. they make u grind for every little thing so ur stuck using shitty iron sights on ur new weapon and have to start from scratch.

newsflash dice: unlocking items doesnt give me an incentive to keep playing. fuck bf4 im done with it

sorry to see you go, you sound like a fun guy.

Erban1

trolling? u mean telling the truth and no it doesnt just take 10 kills, ive got 50+ kills with m416 and still havnt unlocked that kobra sight.

i have the game on xbox and no i refuse to pay to fix a broken system, thats what dice want. fuck dice and fuck ea. and the iron sight on m416 sucks, u cant see anything

Yea...you're not going to unlock the kobra right away, but you had a red dot 40+ kills ago...weapons aren't hard to unlock, and attachments just take time or luck. I kind of like the attachment unlock scheme, you get a chance to get familiar with the vanilla weapon before you start modding, keep killing and between battle packs and standard unlocks you can get a competent setup in a few hours...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
and the iron sight on m416 sucks

No, they don't. Git gud, as the kids would say. It's literally the same as the M16 (whatever it's called, I use commie weapons and not pigdog weapons) Assault Rifle's iron sights. Which is nearly identical in function to the AK-12 Carbine's. Put the center of the V three-bar iron-sight on your target. Pull the trigger. Since the M416 (IIRC) is burst fire. Tap tap. Dead man.

sorry to see you go, you sound like a fun guy.

ohh god, I laughed way too hard at this.

I was eating a mexican wrap as i read the massage, got a jalepeno stuck in the throat, tried to cough it up as I was still laughing hysterically, slam my head into my duck keyboard, which shaked my uneven table spilling my pepsi max all over math homework. still worth it.

thank you!!

I bought BF4 a couple of days ago with premium, I can't wait to test my 970 on it:) wonderful GFX card!

Tubie

No, they don't. Git gud, as the kids would say. It's literally the same as the M16 (whatever it's called, I use commie weapons and not pigdog weapons) Assault Rifle's iron sights. Which is nearly identical in function to the AK-12 Carbine's. Put the center of the V three-bar iron-sight on your target. Pull the trigger. Since the M416 (IIRC) is burst fire. Tap tap. Dead man.

It's full auto like the M16A3, just slightly lower RoF.

The only weapons where iron sights might be really shitty are DMRs, and even with those it's just 10 kills for the first mid range scope.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
you couldn't tell by his name hes just a big troll?
He may be a troll but the unlock path in BF4 is one of the most annoying things about the game. XP boosts, double XP premium events, battlepack lottery, individual unlocks for weapons, weapons locked behind achievements etc can all die in a fire. I understand that it is supposed to drag out the rewards over a longer period for the completionists, but there is a point where most people just won't care if they unlocked another red dot type sight for a gun they don't use.

i find it frustrating to use iron sights when shooting at targets from long range and because i only play conquest large iron sights are pretty useless to me in 70% of engagements. i have spent over 1000+ hours in bad company 2 and know how to pace my shots to get kills at long range, fuck bf4 for forcing me to unlock stuff with every new gun i unlock

I reinstalled this yesterday and played a few hours after not playing for a few months, the movement feels much better, you get up to speed faster it seems, which I like, but just wish EA would come off their bullshit and have a decent sale on Premium so I can try out the new maps and guns. $20 and I'm in.

I reinstalled this yesterday and played a few hours after not playing for a few months, the movement feels much better, you get up to speed faster it seems, which I like, but just wish EA would come off their bullshit and have a decent sale on Premium so I can try out the new maps and guns. $20 and I'm in.

Same for me.

TheSeks

It's Black Friday. Surely Premium Edition for consoles will be on sale if it's out by then. Then just sell your old copy.

McHuj

It's available now on the Battlefield 4 CTE if you own the PC version and Premium.

Yeah, I've been watching the youtubes. But, I'm PS4.

I did put ~10 hours into the PC version when it was available for a week, but I enjoy the PS4 version more. I know that's heresy for some, but my old man reflexes do better on the console.

TheSeks

Sabotage being outside on Titan while CTF is indoors is "LMAO WTF R U DOIN DICE?!"

So mind boggling. That said, if the sets were spread out further (not sure if this is the competitive) the maps could be pretty good for the mode. I just wish Giants of Kralia or whatever would have better parachute and set/infantry climbing since the hills are impossible to climb on one of the sides so it's frustrating trying to stop the bomb carrier.

Really? I expected a healthy boost from GwG.

Damn...

I played a bit at a friend's house a week ago. Couldn't fill a server.

I loved BFBC2, but it wasn't as much fun going back to as I'd hoped. On the other hand, BF4 is way more fun after this last major patch. It feels a lot more like BF3. Rush is playable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So last night i saw a Gaffer playing and say: "Neat-o im gonna join the funzies"
so i open the battlelog and press Triangle to join the game... and of course i get hit by the new Glitch in which you cant close the "Full Game, youve been put in a queue" pop up message.
So i waited a bit and nothing, so i had to close the game and restart it.
Then i joined a random game, spawned over a low poly terrain and my character started to shake (This bug has been since day one i think), and then i got killed by a "corner turning" bullet and turned off the game.

This is my history with the game, i want to play it but the game doesnt.

So then i put diablo and played.

So I just picked up the X1 version after having sunk 50 hours or so in to the PC version (my PC version runs like shit so its a bit of an upgrade). Only thing is now I have to do the bullshit grindfest to unlock most of the stuff again.

Is there anyway to avoid that? Like if I link my PC origin account to my X1 gamertag, will it be all unlocked?

Well. Fuck.

I really HATE how grind heavy they made this game. BC2 was fine, BF3 was sort of tolerable at best, this is flat out ridiculous.

Edit Any idea how big the download for Premium is? The main game was about 40GB. Same size for the DLC?

Lulu23

So how is the PS4 version performing generally? I own the game on PC but the controls (movement etc.) vs. what they were like in BF3 have totally put me off. The patch imo fixed that, but having nothing to play on PC for a year (was mainly playing Battlefield on my rig) has made me a console gamer again.

I just wonder how the framerate is holding up and how the servers are in terms of performance?
Are there official 24-32p Rush servers in Europe?

Could anybody give me an opinion on this? I'm currently deciding if I should buy the base game for cheap as long as Premium is on sale in Europe or to wait for the Premium Edition to hit or if I should leave BF4 behind and wait for Battlefront.

Tubie

Could anybody give me an opinion on this? I'm currently deciding if I should buy the base game for cheap as long as Premium is on sale in Europe or to wait for the Premium Edition to hit or if I should leave BF4 behind and wait for Battlefront.

Game plays better than ever on PS4. As to euro server issues, I can't help you there.

Flunkie

Banned
Do we have a group on PS4 that plays regularly? Considering coming back....but I dread playing solo...

I've been playing regularly every night for the past couple of weeks. Those of you ready to come back and beast in Final Stand, add me: Flunkie44

Game plays better than ever on PS4. As to euro server issues, I can't help you there.

Only map I have noticeable frame drops is in Pearl Market when there's a lot going on. Shame too, because it's probably my favorite DLC and infantry-based map.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Welp, beat hard mode raid on Destiny and didn't get shit. Think it's time to take a break.

I see there's a new patch? Ooooh. Can't wait!

waypoetic

Banned
So, i heard this game is "playable" now; so i bought it! Downloaded it and i'm waiting for the full game to install. Pretty weird how it says "Campaign 100%" and i was only able to play the first mission. But, i've got some question and hope you guys can help me out:

I said god damn, is there an option for me to use R2/L2 as gas/brake?

Out of all the expansions, which one is the most popular?

Any PS4 gaffers who i can join?

Orcus

So I just picked up the X1 version after having sunk 50 hours or so in to the PC version (my PC version runs like shit so its a bit of an upgrade). Only thing is now I have to do the bullshit grindfest to unlock most of the stuff again.

Is there anyway to avoid that? Like if I link my PC origin account to my X1 gamertag, will it be all unlocked?

It's not going to unlock across platforms. Feel free to add me if you want to squad up.

XBL GT: ORCU5

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
So, i heard this game is "playable" now; so i bought it! Downloaded it and i'm waiting for the full game to install. Pretty weird how it says "Campaign 100%" and i was only able to play the first mission. But, i've got some question and hope you guys can help me out:

I said god damn, is there an option for me to use R2/L2 as gas/brake?

Out of all the expansions, which one is the most popular?

Any PS4 gaffers who i can join?
For first question, change button layout to veteran.

Second question is really a matter of preference. I personally would say China Rising, followed by Second Assault.

China Rising is not popular. Most people might have it, but there sure as hell don't play it. SA and DT are the top two right now.

(Went back and revisited Naval Strike the other weekend. Those are some boring ass trudges of maps)

On weapon opinions, I'm impressed with the Mp7. That 40 round mag has let me pick up a few triple kills that just wouldn't happen anywhere else.

Also, the G18 has become a viable secondary at ranges further than "let's make-out."

Picking up masteries on the remaining weapons I haven't bothered with and noticing most are sub-800, and I don't think it's a coincidence. With the LMGs in particular, the low RPM is completely unjustified (i.e., accuracy is not enhanced)

waypoetic

Banned
Out of those i'd probably get Second Assault. I heard Caspian Border is a whole lot of fun in BF4. The Dragon's Teeth expansion says "urban all out war", are the maps close quarter's type of maps?

TheSeks

I dunno about consoles, but on PC it's the same as PS3 BF3: Only one of them (SA) but on PC this outing it's "whatever is the newest one and then it drops to vanilla for massive player base in the servers after a month."

Though if I was going to rank the maps:

Second Assault (no Metro) > Naval Strike >>> Final Stand (Beta non CTF) >>> Vanilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taking a dump >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragon Teeth >> China Rising

Naval Strike>Dragon's Teeth>Second Assault>China Rising

I actually really like DT, but not sure if I'd say it's the best. IDGAF about Metro outside of Rush, I get bored of Oman and Firestorm, but Caspian is a classic.

How well will I be able to play with a 3mbps/764kbps (Down/Up) connection? It's all I can get where I live now. :(

Well my actual speeds right now (still the during the "optimization period", what the hell ever Verizon) are 1.8 down and .4 up. I tried playing BF4 and it worked surprisingly well. I didn't have any packet loss, but I did have to turn up the Network Smoothing Factor from 0% to 30% since I went from having a 20ms average ping to now a 90ms average ping.

Its going to take some getting used to, but I can play again. So even if my speeds don't increase by the end of the "optimization period" it won't matter that much.

TheSeks

Seks has bad taste, DT maps are much better than Vanilla. The Final Stand maps are better than Second Assault.

Dragon Teeth has horrible performance no matter what server I join. If it actually played well it wouldn't be too bad outside of two maps. But I still wouldn't willingly play them.

Naval Strike at least is wide-open. I don't play it on Conquest so I can't give a damn about the variant there. I'll admit Rush is terrible on Naval Strike but actually fighting for the bomb to get it to the point with numerous boats is the best thing outside of Oman this outing.

China Rising maps outside of Sabotage are all liquid shit though. Rush is terrible on them. Otherwise Silk Road wouldn't be too bad to play on.

Tubie

For me:

Naval Strike >> Vanilla >> Second Assault (I could play Caspian all day long) >> China Rising (Could also play Silk Road all day long) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dragon's Teeth.

Valkrai

Naval Strike>Dragon's Teeth>Second Assault>China Rising

I actually really like DT, but not sure if I'd say it's the best. IDGAF about Metro outside of Rush, I get bored of Oman and Firestorm, but Caspian is a classic.

Honestly after trying out all the maps I may have to go with

Final Stand (Beta)>Dragon's Teeth>Second Assault>Naval Strike>China Rising

I surprisingly enjoyed Dragon's Teeth, after being underwhelmed by the previous expansions. Second Assault never gets old for me aside from Metro.

Top Bottom