• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Isn't Levelcap a shill? Along with most of the BF4 dedicated youtube community?

Yes.

And I'm kinda glad Battlefields PR Twitter/Facebook account has stopped with the Ponylion shit.

Assault: m416 or ace 23

Engineer: the AK 5C carbine is damn awesome, it's a slightly worse assault rifle if you look at the stats.

Support: I like the type 88, not that good at CQC but it's very stable and can hit dudes at long range. PKP pecheneg is also good thanks to it's extra dmg but the recoil can be hard to handle,I also read that the AWS is pretty damn good.

Recon: I dunno since i don't play much recon but i have always read that the SRR-61 is the best but takes forever to unlock, i have mostly used the M40A5 and i found it to be pretty good except in extreme long ranges.

And yes this game is a grind fest, i agree that the unlock system isn't the best because it takes such a long time to unlock stuff and you always start at zero with a new gun.oh and to reach the level cap it would take you like 1000 hours.

thanks bro, i will check out the guns u recommended

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that dude is amazing putting in a lot of work on the technical details and frame-counting.

This is amazing

I had no clue BC2 and BF3 shared the same update rate, for instance.

Some of that stuff was really amazing, specially for a person like me that doesn't undertand all that much about frames and delay and stuff. Also i just read that the new high frequency update isn't on the PS3, kinda sucks but i understand oh and did Dice sweden really say that that a high frequency would change nothing?....lol.

Orcus

Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for most all the battlefield commentators due to their pre-release coverage of bf4. To a T, they all raved about how great the game played, was balanced, had a great net code, etc. Not one has apologized for misleading their subscribers.
I personally think shill it's pretty harsh language for what occurred, or at least what I'm aware of.

To be fair, the beta was arguably a more stable and seemingly less bug ridden than what went gold, or at least that was my experience. I was able to enjoy some really good games during the beta. Whereas the launched game was almost unplayable for weeks on end. They must have changed a lot between the beta branch and the final build.

Orcus

can anyone give me a breakdown of all the best weapons for a class, i really dont want to spend time upgrading the wrong weapons.

also side rant, the unlocking system in this game is utter shit, when i unlock a scope i should be able to use it with every gun. they have turned this game to such a grind fest
There has been a ton of changes that affect gun play in the recent patch, so a lot of the previous information about gun performance and general play as out relates to guns needs to be updated. I would recommend you watch a couple of the better YouTube reviews of the recent CTE patch; there are several that just focus on the general and specific changes to guns.

Orcus

It's there anyone from GAF that still plays this semi-regularly on XBO? All the people I used to play with regularly are playing destiny now. =[

Levelcap complains that the movement is too slow and momentum based, now they make it faster and he complains its too janky and fast.

That's where I'm confused. If they just made the system match BF3's, why are the animations still janky?

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have noticed it myself if someone hadn't pointed out how jittery the animations were in BF: Hardline.

Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for most all the battlefield commentators due to their pre-release coverage of bf4. To a T, they all raved about how great the game played, was balanced, had a great net code, etc. Not one has apologized for misleading their subscribers.

He and his group are still the only ones I really follow for BF stuff. They have actually openly criticized how differently the beta felt versus final and have been very critical of BF over the past few months.

Of course, that could be after the check cleared or whatever.

TheSeks

That's where I'm confused. If they just made the system match BF3's, why are the animations still janky?

They have to redo all "animation timings." The same as when they removed the trigger delay on the revolvers and it took a good 1-2 months for CTE's animations to match the non-delay.

(That is if player movement animations match firing/reload)

Tubie

thanks bro, i will check out the guns u recommended

You can also try the SCARH and the AEK971 for assault, the MTAR and the ACE 21 or the 52 for carbines, the MG4 or the M249 for support and the SRR61 for snipers.

For shotguns I really like the QBS09 or the Saiga 12k, for PDWs the P90 is pretty good now and for DMRs I really like the SKS.

Today I discovered the A-91
yes it's metro but still
, and the AMTRAC feat. Ocho.
He couldn't carry hard enough :(

---

From what I've watched, Levelcap and some of his battlefield youtube friends have done a generally piss poor job of analyzing and criticizing the game, even when it came to BF3. Videos where he tries to bring up the subject of how to improve the game for example are generally poorly thought out. The video he made a while back where he basically wants to remove or alter anything that he doesn't like stands out in particular.

Someone such as Battle(non)sense on the other hand actually puts a good amount of effort into his videos, from explaining specific aspects of the game with length and detail to even showcasing some of his suggestions for the game with cool mockups that are presented clearly and concisely. It's a stark contrast when compared to your run of the mill battlefield youtubers who usually just use some random TDM footage whenever they want to talk about the game and how to change it.

Also, Levelcap's weapon reviews are pointless. Better off going to symthic.com and checking the stats yourself or just have someone summarize what a weapon is good and bad at in less than a paragraph.

TheSeks

Today I discovered the A-91
yes it's metro but still

J9GyAG5.png

;) Been using it off and on since BF3. Only problem I have is the TURRIBLE iron-sights to where I have to (ugh) use a sight/Kobra.

Also, Levelcap's weapon reviews are pointless. Better off going to symthic.com and checking the stats yourself or just have someone summarize what a weapon is good and bad at in less than a paragraph.

...Or just using the guns yourself and finding what you like/don't like. Even "low tier" guns like the RPK can be deadly in the right hands.

I seriously don't like the FAMAS rebalance with the new one-more bullet system in CTE. It's been fucking me over 9/10 of the time.

You can also try the SCARH and the AEK971 for assault, the MTAR and the ACE 21 or the 52 for carbines, the MG4 or the M249 for support and the SRR61 for snipers.

For shotguns I really like the QBS09 or the Saiga 12k, for PDWs the P90 is pretty good now and for DMRs I really like the SKS.
the mtar use to be my favorite weapon but was nerfed majorly don't waste your time trying it.

Spl1nter

Kane voiced wrote my exact same feelings on level cap and company. Especially the, just have random domination footage in the background.

Ugh. Spl1inter, I need you. Kane is TERRRRIIIBBBLLLEEE in the AMTRAC. He has the reflexes of a 90 year old Sloth. It's always Kane's fault when we lose.

If I stayed as your glorious squad leader we totally would have won that.

I think you are on to something. Always seem to lose when playing with Kane.

No way man, if we're pointing fingers then it's definitely the drunk princess wannabe that's holding us back.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I finally platinumed Battlefield 4 guys! It only took me like 100 hours or less, if i had premium i would definitely start working on the DLC trophies. Also man that campaign in hard fucking sucked, you squad is basically useless ugh. In other news Hardline is gonna let you heal yourself by holding a button next to a medic and they gonna have faction specific weapons which is something i fucking hated in BF3. Kinda getting excited about that game.

TheSeks

I finally platinumed Battlefield 4 guys! It only took me like 100 hours or less, if i had premium i would definitely start working on the DLC trophies. Also man that campaign in hard fucking sucked,

Huh? Hard was easy. Just spot everyone and squad order your AI to attack. They'd mow down half the people for you while you stayed in cover and cackled at the enemies dying.

I guess score is tied to speed and rank or something to where it's a "pain" for the achievements I guess but I never had a problem with surviving Hard.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Score is pretty simple too. It's just how you kill enemies. You want to go for headshots, multikills etc. And don't let your squad do any killing 'cause that'll rob you of points. I got all of the campaign stuff done in like a week of having the game, even with the save data corruption issue. I think the last thing I had to get was 5 detonations in obliteration. Only things I'm missing now are two second assault trophies, (get a kill with falling rubble in metro and get 5 kills in air vehicles on Oman) but I don't care enough to go out of my way to earn them.

Tubie

Score is pretty simple too. It's just how you kill enemies. You want to go for headshots, multikills etc. And don't let your squad do any killing 'cause that'll rob you of points. I got all of the campaign stuff done in like a week of having the game, even with the save data corruption issue. I think the last thing I had to get was 5 detonations in obliteration. Only things I'm missing now are two second assault trophies, (get a kill with falling rubble in metro and get 5 kills in air vehicles on Oman) but I don't care enough to go out of my way to earn them.

If only teamkills counted lol.

TheSeks

All commander assignments done. And went 4th MVP on a round as commander. COMMANDER CREDIT TO THE TEAM. \o/

Valkrai

I just started playing again after Second Assault but it's feeling so much better now.

I'm also curious to what happened to the weapon recoil? It's a silly question but all the weapons feel way more accurate than they were previously.

TheSeks

I'm also curious to what happened to the weapon recoil? It's a silly question but all the weapons feel way more accurate than they were previously.

Visual recoil was removed. So the effect of "more accurate" is just you not having your sights bobbing left right and center from firing two shots.

MR4001

So, in that final, mysterious, Battlepack is... parachute customisation. Meh. I thought that was just going to be in an update...? Couldn't find the option in either the Soldier or Vehicle screens - is it only available online (Battlelog)? I was hoping that last Battlepack would be like ten Golds or something. :|

TheSeks

Ass Creed 4's multiplayer is alright. But it removed zombies/Infection so it sucks. :|

TheSeks

CTF on Titan/whatever the final name is awful. AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL.

The other three maps aren't too bad besides Javelin spam, meanwhile. More proof open maps work for that mode instead of being indoors.

Ataxia

Fuck me. I thought this latest patch was supposed to fix the game, not ruin it

I really hate the damage decrease. I know it's just a single bullet or whatever but it makes weapons feel clunky and ineffective beyond 10 meters. I'm struggling to get two kills with one magazine in a firefight at medium range. Whereas before the patch I was getting 2-3 at the same distance. And what the hell did they do to the Deagle? Seems absolutely useless now.

And if that wasn't annoying enough, you then have the fact that you get caught on every stupid piece of rubble on the damn ground. What the hell is that about?

Game has put me in a sour mood.

Is the PS3 version of this game worth it if I can get it and Premium for under £25?
I tried the beta of it, and enjoyed it, even though I felt a bit lost due to it being ny first time playing a Battlefield game.

I'm not too bothered about the lower player count the last gen versions have, I'm mostly curious as to how active the game is on PS3- if there're only a few hundred on it then I'll leave it, but if there are a couple if thousand players then I'll be tempted.

MR4001

Got it! To change your parachute paint just 'customise' your uniform - ie press ■/X when highlighting your soldier's uniform option.

Tubie

I really hate the damage decrease. I know it's just a single bullet or whatever but it makes weapons feel clunky and ineffective beyond 10 meters. I'm struggling to get two kills with one magazine in a firefight at medium range. Whereas before the patch I was getting 2-3 at the same distance. And what the hell did they do to the Deagle? Seems absolutely useless now.

And if that wasn't annoying enough, you then have the fact that you get caught on every stupid piece of rubble on the damn ground. What the hell is that about?

Game has put me in a sour mood.

If you ask me, the game would be even better if they increased the time to kill by one more bullet.

They did decrease horizontal recoil on all weapons and increased muzzle velocity. To me, getting mid range kills is even easier than before.

The Deagle needed the nerfs it got, it used to be way too good. I'm amazed they didn't hotfix a nerf for it before the patch even came out.

i'll post this here for more luck

So can anyone with a PS4, BF4 and battlelog test this out please?

I'm looking for a low latency server on battlelog via the pc, getting servers with a latency as low as 12.
Then when i join the server via battlelog and testing the server performance ingame via the options menu, i get latency up to 45-50 ish... By al means not bad but certainly not as good as 12.

So i'm wondering if it's my ps4, my cable/connection or something else..

TheSeks

And what the hell did they do to the Deagle? Seems absolutely useless now.

Desert Eagle is still crazy good. It just can't snipe you across the map anymore.

UncleO said:
Is this a good time to pick this up for the PC? I am on the fence about picking it up or not.

Jimnymebob said:
Is the PS3 version of this game worth it if I can get it and Premium for under £25?
I tried the beta of it, and enjoyed it, even though I felt a bit lost due to it being ny first time playing a Battlefield game.

Yes.

Tubie said:
If you ask me, the game would be even better if they increased the time to kill by one more bullet.

No. FAMAS is already fucked with the new damage model where I can spray an entire clip into someone and the shit netcode/server detection will say I completely missed. Please don't add one more bullet to that.

Spl1nter

I really hate the damage decrease. I know it's just a single bullet or whatever but it makes weapons feel clunky and ineffective beyond 10 meters. I'm struggling to get two kills with one magazine in a firefight at medium range. Whereas before the patch I was getting 2-3 at the same distance.

I got bad news for you, the problem is you. Beyond 10m the ttk is almost identical. The weapon damage change main affect was on gun battles within 10m. While there will be certainly set distance where it will require 1 more bullet to kill, in general with the fixed recoil, increased muzzle velocity, buffed heavy barrel and silencer, it is now more easy to kill at medium range.

officially bored of the game, only started playing it a few days ago and really liked it but this tedious unlocking system has pushed me away. they make u grind for every little thing so ur stuck using shitty iron sights on ur new weapon and have to start from scratch.

newsflash dice: unlocking items doesnt give me an incentive to keep playing. fuck bf4 im done with it

Tubie

officially bored of the game, only started playing it a few days ago and really liked it but this tedious unlocking system has pushed me away. they make u grind for every little thing so ur stuck using shitty iron sights on ur new weapon and have to start from scratch.

newsflash dice: unlocking items doesnt give me an incentive to keep playing. fuck bf4 im done with it

lol

Getting 10 kills for a red dot sight takes like one or two matches if you're just starting out.

Sure the sytem could be better, but how is killing people a grind, that's like half the game.

I realized youre that guy thats always trolling the football thread so idk why I bothered with this reply.

lol

Getting 10 kills for a red dot sight takes like one or two matches if you're just starting out.

Sure the sytem could be better, but how is killing people a grind, that's like half the game.

I realized youre that guy thats always trolling the football thread so idk why I bothered with this reply.

you couldn't tell by his name hes just a big troll?

TheSeks

HateGames
(Today, 12:23 PM)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ndle/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-SCALL00000000000 - PS4

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ndle/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-SCALL00000000000 - PS3

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/.../addon/battlefield-4-ultimate-shortcut-bundle - PC

You're welcome.

And for the record: The only "shitty ironsight"s are on:

A-91 and the FAMAS. All the others are practical. Coming from someone that avoids using scopes on anything that isn't a sniper rifle.

lol

trolling? u mean telling the truth and no it doesnt just take 10 kills, ive got 50+ kills with m416 and still havnt unlocked that kobra sight.
HateGames

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ndle/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-SCALL00000000000 - PS4

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ndle/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-SCALL00000000000 - PS3

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/.../addon/battlefield-4-ultimate-shortcut-bundle - PC

You're welcome.

And for the record: The only "shitty ironsight"s are on:

A-91 and the FAMAS. All the others are practical. Coming from someone that avoids using scopes on anything that isn't a sniper rifle.
i have the game on xbox and no i refuse to pay to fix a broken system, thats what dice want. fuck dice and fuck ea. and the iron sight on m416 sucks, u cant see anything

Top Bottom