• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DICE should bring back BC2 maps...

Laguna Presa (or whatever that Jungle one was... forgetting the name)
Port Valadez (change the third set "choke-point" and add a set of stairs or an easier incline for infantry on the "hill" last set)
Arica Harbor
Panama Canal (but this won't happen because "CONQUEST ONLY"/"<MODE> ONLY" isn't in DICE's forte anymore)

BC1:

Par for the Course
Deconstruction (now with the crane destroyments. :O!)
Ascension
End of the Line
Harvest Day

BF3:
Oman (Back to first set as it was, fucking thing was perfect WHY.jpg did you turn it into Haian, DICE?)
Sharqi
Firestorm
Caspian
Bazaar
Mayyyyyyybe Seine, if they changed the out of bounds a little to allow flanking.

BF4:
Flood Zone (I like it)
Silk Road
Caspian
Oman (with variable sandstorm and first set the same as BF3's in Rush)
Paracel Storm
Rouge Transmission

Overdoziz

Banned
More like Wake
residentsleeper.png
land.

thenexus6

So I got a PS4 update this evening, I try getting into a match my screen is black with that little logo icon in top right with the music in the background.. then nothing.. I have quit application and tried but nothing!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So I got a PS4 update this evening, I try getting into a match my screen is black with that little logo icon in top right with the music in the background.. then nothing.. I have quit application and tried but nothing!

Same here. Wtf :|
I had the same issue, its because it cant connect to EA's Servers.

JJD

This is so strange.

Played two games with a guy. We won both and on those two rounds he was the overall top scorer and I was second place.

What I found puzzling is that he had almost 10K more points than me on one game on Rogue Transmission (he finished with 19K and I with 9K) and on the second one on Paracel he had a whopping 15K more points than me.

Points on the score board are not affected by multipliers right?

I went to battlelog to see what this guy was doing (because obviously he was doing it pretty well) and he was sniping!

Dude went 27 - 2 and 26 - 2. Never knew you could make so much points if you're a good sniper.

The funny thing is that his stats are overall pretty average. 2.0 K/D, 531 SPM, 12.8% accuracy, 171 hour played and still lvl. 77. Nothing stands out, except when he pulls out his SRR 61 sniper rifle with a 40x scope and variable 14x zoom (I checked his loadout!) Lololol!

Dude was provably the best sniper I've ever seen on any BF games I played. Hats off to you sir!

TheSeks

I don't think Marksmen bonuses tops out this outing. So if you make a LOT of long-range shots, you can get a lot of points pretty quickly.

isual

for some reason, i'm getting more camo's out of the bronze packs than the golds whenever i level up. no premium btw

TheSeks

Done attempting to play until DICE fixes the crashes Second Assault brought in.

TheSeks

...I say this and I'll be back attempting in a few hours. :( It's just really annoying to server hop right now and be lose lose lose and then join GAF in Conquest (reluctantly) only to be... Metro. And they're losing. Throw in sound-loop crashes and Ugh.

...I say this and I'll be back attempting in a few hours. :( It's just really annoying to server hop right now and be lose lose lose and then join GAF in Conquest (reluctantly) only to be... Metro. And they're losing. Throw in sound-loop crashes and Ugh.

ocho went 20/3 and crashed, and we did win in the end. :p

So I haven't played in about a month or so (PC) but was considering getting Premium and jumping aboard the DLC train with Second Assault. I didn't have too bad of a launch/post-launch experience, but... did SA really just make things worse? o.o

Rey

Something interesting is happening. Everytime I join Metro it loads Operation Firestorm and everytime the the cycle gets to Metro I'm getting kicked back to main menu.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
DICE should bring back BC2 maps...

Yeah. Add onto them for the larger game types, but keep them exactly the same for Rush. Well, maybe adapt one or two things if Battlefield 4's new weapons and grenades and whatnot cause balance issues.

Back 2 Bad Company

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had some good matches with PS4 GAF, one Metro match was enough for me. lol

Played BF3 for 86 hours and was bored to tears. Now with BF4, I have just 79 hours of playtime and can't bring myself to play it because it's just the same crap every time. Useless commanders, no one using VoIP, playing musical chairs with the CPs, etc. Oh, and of course still buggy as fuck. Those of you with 100+ hours.. wow. I honestly don't know how you do it. Battlefield is in dire need of an overhaul or complete makeover IMO. It just is not interesting anymore.

Played BF3 for 86 hours and was bored to tears. Now with BF4, I have just 79 hours of playtime and can't bring myself to play it because it's just the same crap every time. Useless commanders, no one using VoIP, playing musical chairs with the CPs, etc. Oh, and of course still buggy as fuck. Those of you with 100+ hours.. wow. I honestly don't know how you do it. Battlefield is in dire need of an overhaul or complete makeover IMO. It just is not interesting anymore.

Don't just play conquest - try rush, ctf, obliteration, and domination.

those modes in 32 player are a lot of fun.

Nvzman

BF2 had the best maps of the series imo. While I had a lot of fun with BC2 they were far too choke-pointy for my tastes. Conquest Assault needs to make a return.
I hate the BF2 maps so much, every level feels like a desert of nothingness then occasionally a building or bridge or something. This is actually my biggest problem with the BF games past Bad Company.

njean777

Don't just play conquest - try rush, ctf, obliteration, and domination.

those modes in 32 player are a lot of fun.

I agree, change up what you play. I do this all the time and just played rush today for the first time, funnily enough it worked perfectly compared to conquest (on ps4).

TheSeks

I hate the BF2 maps so much, every level feels like a desert of nothingness then occasionally a building or bridge or something. This is actually my biggest problem with the BF games past Bad Company.

Meant to ride vehicles/squad spawn. But yeah, the map design has changed slightly for the better on the infantry front.

Are the servers ever going to be stable? Does EA have any plans on improving this or are they just going to ride it out? The game is almost unplayable during peak hours.

Nvzman

Meant to ride vehicles/squad spawn. But yeah, the map design has changed slightly for the better on the infantry front.
Too bad I suck with vehicles in every BF game (cept boats for some reason).
But yeah playing as infantry is a hell of a lot more fun in BF3 and 4.

Are the servers ever going to be stable? Does EA have any plans on improving this or are they just going to ride it out? The game is almost unplayable during peak hours.

Tell me about it. I've given up on conquest at the moment because of all the rubberbanding. My connection just dropped in a Rush match just now. You would think that a company like DICE, whom have been making Battlefield games for about 12 years now, longer if you consider Codename Eagle, would figure out how to get their servers stable by now.

Divus

Wasn't paying much attention and clicked the LAV AD instead of a LAV on accident. Felt so dirty about doing this, but a the same time I hate it when a teammate gives up or wastes a vehicle. Haven't touched any AA in months, but I can't believe Dice has yet to fix how OP it is in this game. I basically was our entire defense its that good still.

32-0 and I didn't even have to try...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYR1VbvRqMA

Dice plz.

Oh and bring back Azadi Palace while your at it. When I first heard BF3 maps where going to come back I was wishing for it and Oman.

Wasn't paying much attention and clicked the LAV AD instead of a LAV on accident. Felt so dirty about doing this, but a the same time I hate it when a teammate gives up or wastes a vehicle. Haven't touched any AA in months, but I can't believe Dice has yet to fix how OP it is in this game. I basically was our entire defense its that good still.

32-0 and I didn't even have to try...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYR1VbvRqMA

Dice plz.

Oh and bring back Azadi Palace while your at it. When I first heard BF3 maps where going to come back I was wishing for it and Oman.

Yeah I been saying it was op, but nobody really listens. Whoever plays with me knows I call it Anti-Infantry. Only an LAV/Tank/Attack Boat could stop it. I mow down everything else with ease.

terrible

Banned
So I bought BF4 for PC last night (already have it on console) and my first game loads to a permanent black screen and I have to kill the process.

Lol seems about right.

Top Bottom