• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

As someone who played Rush pretty much exclusively in BF3 I can't agree with this. The faster killtimes, bad netcode, no good overtime and increased playercount with less tickets on small maps makes the gametype pretty miserable especially for the attacking team. Then there's general stuff like instantly/quickly respawning vehicles (was also an issue in BF3 sometimes), oversaturation of the sandbox and screwed up and inconsistent vehicle balancing.

The game killed off the interest of pretty much the entire group I played with and all I play now in BF4 is 64 player Conquest to screw around in. It's enjoyable, but I'm not nearly having as much fun as I had in BF3 Rush.

Completely agree. The maps in bf4 are pretty awful for rush, it needs 200% tickets and the netcode kills it.

I was also 99% rush in bf3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
As someone who played Rush pretty much exclusively in BF3 I can't agree with this. The faster killtimes, bad netcode, no good overtime and increased playercount with less tickets on small maps makes the gametype pretty miserable especially for the attacking team. Then there's general stuff like instantly/quickly respawning vehicles (was also an issue in BF3 sometimes), oversaturation of the sandbox and screwed up and inconsistent vehicle balancing.

The game killed off the interest of pretty much the entire group I played with and all I play now in BF4 is 64 player Conquest to screw around in. It's enjoyable, but I'm not nearly having as much fun as I had in BF3 Rush.

They've added a lot of hills for extra cover to Caspian Border which can make it feel smaller.
I mean when it works, BF4 feels faster to me and the maps are a huge huge huuuuge improvement over BF3.
Then again ive never played Rush in BF3. lol

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Battlelog question if anyone can answer. I noticed that the battlog app on my phone filters servers a lot better and shows more servers available, but you can't filter region on it. Do you guys happen to know if there is a way to filter region? does it do it automatically (doubt this)?

"Easy" way to unlock the F2000 is by playing CTF. 30 minutes of pure choke Metro gameplay because nearly no team manages to get the enemies flag. Nearly rage quit at the end because the game mighr show every ribbo you get during the game except the kill-assist ribbon.

Hey, BC1 rush also damn good.

Highlights usually being the final M-Coms in each map.

Except for the final M-Coms in Ascension, never liked that placement.

Rush has never been back up to BC2 levels.

The BC2 Rush level design almost reminded me of CoD level design, in a way. It generally followed the kind of "three lane" approach to the MCOMs, although on a much larger scale than CoD maps obviously. There was a lot of room for flanking.

Highlights usually being the final M-Coms in each map.

Except for the final M-Coms in Ascension, never liked that placement.

Man, I miss BC1. The guns felt so good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

DICE said:
If the Community Mission is completed in time, all participating players across all formats will be rewarded with a Gold Battlepack (entitled to players’ Origin accounts on February 27).

KCSeU4L.png

DICE said:
Note that the Capture the Flag game mode isn’t part of this mission.

KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png

Man, I miss BC1. The guns felt so good.

What? No they didn't. I like BC1, but the gunplay was AWFUL. Slot machine damage is a no-no.

Compare BC1's out of bounds and map design to BC2's ons, weep at the face DICE doesn't make the defense paranoid/stick to their base while giving the attackers a LOT of lee-way in how they want to get to the bases.

My major issues with Rush were mostly solved in that:

Portable AA (and mobile AA) have become threats to helicopters to where helicopters can't circle around maps as a tank of doom (generally) like they could in BC1 or 2 (though 1 had "small arms fire" damage like BC2 Vietnam did).
Destruction on crates (stupid, and allows trolls. Now people have to GET in close and arm/disarm which means TEAMWORK to cap and hold)
Destruction on buildings holding crates (BC1 didn't collapse but let the crate be WIDE OPEN to Objective Harm, whereas they were auto-taken on building collapse in BC2. BF3 knee-jerked a little too hard to where defense was STRONGLY favored but BF4 [IMO] has gotten the balance near right. The major issue with BF4's Rush is stupid Set design in addition to the maps)

"Easy" way to unlock the F2000 is by playing CTF. 30 minutes of pure choke Metro gameplay because nearly no team manages to get the enemies flag. Nearly rage quit at the end because the game mighr show every ribbo you get during the game except the kill-assist ribbon.

You can probably do it in Sabotage as well, but that park makes it nearly impossible to get consistent kill assists.

TheSeks

Please understand.

I'm still waiting on them to give DICE dogtags out in BF3 like Bungie did the Flaming Recon helmet that was "Bungie Exclusive" on "Bungie Day," 7/7 like... three or four years back.

Played it for a bit on PC with Supper, but the auto-balancing during matches on PC is terrible so I couldn't be bothered. Same goes for BF4.

The auto-balance isn't as strong in BF4 and generally people will wait until the end of round. Now they have auto-scramble scripts that'll sort of help as well but if you're playing with someone it's kinda bullshit.

BF3's auto-balance was pretty bad because it kept doing it in the middle of rounds to where people that were winning would be screwed by people rage-quitting.

But really, stats have gotta go if they want people to stick to rounds.

What? No they didn't. I like BC1, but the gunplay was AWFUL. Slot machine damage is a no-no.

Yeah, the damage models were godawful, and the hit detection was too. But I just mean in the sense of the recoil models. They just felt good to shoot. That was one of my biggest issues coming off the bad company games to BF3. The guns just felt so...stiff.

Agreed, BFBC2 was Rush.

Port Valdez. Had so many great games on that map.

Arica Harbor and Port Valdez were god-tier.

The BC2 Rush level design almost reminded me of CoD level design, in a way. It generally followed the kind of "three lane" approach to the MCOMs, although on a much larger scale than CoD maps obviously. There was a lot of room for flanking.

Yup. On a lot of BF3/BF4 rush maps, there are still "alternate routes" but it's more of a "yeah, sure, you can go that way, good luck" rather than actually well-designed routes.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hey there's a 996MB patch on PS4!

Do we have patch notes?

Edit:

PS4 Game Update Feb 21
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064774554765480/

Hey dice thanks for fixing that stuff on ps4, but when are you gonna fix the rubber banding? That should have been fixed first before anything fucking else. Well maybe the crashes were on the same level, but this rubber banding has got to be fixed.

I couldn't agree more. I can put up with the occasional crash, but when you're rubberbanding what's even the point?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Theres a bunch of gaffers playin' every night... the problem is the lack of Squad Up Option.
It really hurts the game experience.

BASED DESIGN DECISION

Flunkie

Banned
Add me on PS4 - I play almost every night, and esp now that I got the map packs I will be on a lot - and I recognize a few of you who I don't believe I have on my friends list...

PSN is Flunkie44

Man that is why I love you Faceless! You always bring the good news! ;-)

Maybe I'll be able to unlock the GOL even if I can't snipe for shit. Did you get it? The sniper ribbon has to be on the same round?

The F2000 assignment is retarded too.

Tried to unlock it playing legit, with my usual assault load out (Ace 23, medbag and defibs) I went 56 - 3 in my first game and 43 - 4 in the second (I love metro!!!) and didn't unlock it.

Tried the LVG for the first time ever, joined a game with less than 100 tickets remaining and got the F2000 on my first LVG try...

It's like Dice wants to teach players to troll with those assignments. Be a dumbass sniper and forget the objectives on the top of the tower and get five kills! Spam explosives like a madman on metro and get a shiny new gun!!!

SMH...
yeah, i got it the next time Firestorm came up. i got my Sniper ribbon by shooting people on the tower from the surrounding area and i got the 5 kills from the tower with the shorty, sniper and C4'd some dude who was pushing the button.

Theres a bunch of gaffers playin' every night... the problem is the lack of Squad Up Option.
It really hurts the game experience.

BASED DESIGN DECISION

i play with CQGAF, RushGAF (basically just Dawn) and OblitGAF all the time!

Dr Prob

Banned
Tried the LVG for the first time ever, joined a game with less than 100 tickets remaining and got the F2000 on my first LVG try...

It's like Dice wants to teach players to troll with those assignments. Be a dumbass sniper and forget the objectives on the top of the tower and get five kills! Spam explosives like a madman on metro and get a shiny new gun!!!

SMH...

Quoting for anyone having trouble with the assists. That really is all you have to do--whip out the LVG inside* Metro and just launch indiscriminately.

And to add to what Faceless was saying, a lot of people seem to think that you have to be up on top of the tower or using a sniper rifle for the Eagle's Nest assignment. You don't, and you also don't have to get the five kills in a row. So you can play somewhat normally and upon noticing enemies on the tower, go up, kill them with whatever you have, bail and repeat later if you have to. Still need the six sniper rifle kills for the ribbon in the same round, but you can get those anywhere.

Those assignments are pretty dumb, but not really as difficult as they seem.

*Playing CQ, I still haven't seen the outside of this map apart from the initial Russian spawn. With 64 players the U.S. side is so fucked. Made it as far as the ticket booth once and counted that shit as a win.

Arica Harbor and Port Valdez were god-tier.

Yup. On a lot of BF3/BF4 rush maps, there are still "alternate routes" but it's more of a "yeah, sure, you can go that way, good luck" rather than actually well-designed routes.
So true, there are alternate routes, but it's hardly workable for flanking. Both are god tier in bfbc2.

TheSeks

http://i.minus.com/iUoe2AfSAQrv5.PNG

wow worst battlepack I've ever gotten. wow

Nope.

DICE said:
GOLD BATTLEPACK - Reach rank 97
Opened 2 days ago
25% XP BOOST
50% XP BOOST
50% XP BOOST
DOT NAVAL
Paint
25% XP BOOST