• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Does this mean I can unlock that CTE skin on PS4? It just sits there mocking me because there is no CTE on PS4. :(

You have to be actively participating in CTE for that, and even then it's not guaranteed since they only give it out in waves for a few CTE testers, so not everyone is going to get it.

Personally I can't tell much of a difference between that and the default camo, so meh. The dog tags aren't very good either.

Spl1nter

Wish I still had shadowplay running. Sneaked over to the train station point on lumphini garden and proceeded to murder the enemy team as they were just sniping from the second level. I didnt even have a silencer on my weapons but they were all oblivious. Also the best map ever for support with UCAV and bipod, all day and night.

CTE PROTOTYPES
In this release we have two prototypes enabled, a Prototype normally includes something we’d like to change that is a large and scary change.

Under normal circumstances where there is no CTE – we’d think both twice and thrice about before committing to something of this magnitude.

Now however, we feel it is time to start attacking some of these things head on. Initially we will be enabling two prototypes:

Prototype 1: Attack Helicopter Physics

GOAL: Improve manuverability while still maintaining an approachable flight model.

THIS RELEASE: The Z-10 Chinese attack helicopter has new and improved physics in this release.We have replaced the US attack helicopter with the Chinese one, which means you can test CH vs CH heli (new physics) on maps featuring Chinese and US factions.

Finally.

terrible

Banned
Guys....I thought we were friends. Why did nobody tell me the SAR-21 was godlike? Dont you love me?

It's a pretty awful gun, that's why nobody told you that lol. It has very low recoil, that's all. Recoil is so easy to deal with in BF4 that having low recoil at the cost of rate of fire (600 RPM!!) isn't worth it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anti-air is only a problem because of the lack of maneuverability of the heli.

Eh... I think the lock-range of the mobile AA is a little insane. It's able to lock at ranges that it shouldn't be able to. (The uncap base/starting spawn), the infantry you have a semi-point on but I mostly think that's due to missile speed/reload.

Orcus

God I hope the people I used to play with leave Destiny and come back for final stand. It crickets on my friends list for BF4. I miss playing with a squad.

Hopefully the XBO community survives for a good long while. I need my FPS multiplayer fix and I don't see any shooter replacing it soon. It's sad that so many people never got to see the changes in CTE.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
God I hope the people I used to play with leave Destiny and come back for final stand. It crickets on my friends list for BF4. I miss playing with a squad.

Hopefully the XBO community survives for a good long while. I need my FPS multiplayer fix and I don't see any shooter replacing it soon. It's sad that so many people never got to see the changes in CTE.

That's what Dice gets for releasing a game changing patch so late, it's still a shame but i don't blame anyone on bailing on BF4 specially with the troubles the game had at the start. Also sorry to say but i think the community will slowly shrink overtime specially if COD:AW and Hardline happen to be good, such is the life of multiplayer games..

TheSeks

Well, you can DO A BARREL ROLL(!!!!) with the helicopters now. :/

It's a pretty awful gun, that's why nobody told you that lol. It has very low recoil, that's all. Recoil is so easy to deal with in BF4 that having low recoil at the cost of rate of fire (600 RPM!!) isn't worth it.

My kills have gone crazy up since I started using it though. What's the next best choice for low recoil and decent ROF /killing power.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
My kills have gone crazy up since I started using it though. What's the next best choice for low recoil and decent ROF /killing power.

M416 is pretty good, one of the best overall weapons that does not require that much recoil handling and the reload speed is pretty good..

Spl1nter

M416 (750 RPM), or L85 (750 RPM), but if those have to much recoil for you than AK-12 (680RPM) or AR160 (700 RPM). I think the AK-12 is just a straight upgrade on the SAR-21, no recoil but good deal higher RPM.

I have been cycling through all the weapons since fall update, cant decide on a favourite for assault rifles. However, the SG553 is probably my favourite carbine now, but I should try the ak5c and ace52 again.

terrible

Banned
M416 (750 RPM), or L85 (750 RPM), but if those have to much recoil for you than AK-12 (680RPM) or AR160 (700 RPM). I think the AK-12 is just a straight upgrade on the SAR-21, no recoil but good deal higher RPM.

I have been cycling through all the weapons since CTE cant decide on a favourite for assault rifles. However, the SG553 is probably my favourite carbine now, but I should try the ak5c and ace52 again.

Alternatively the Ace 23 is still ok and the M16 is a good mid range gun if are ok with burst fire. You can use the AK-12 in burst fire as well, it has a higher ROF cap in that mode.

After this latest patch it seems like ROF has become king. It's more important than ever. I'm finding myself actually using the FAMAS now when I am going to be in close quarters and I don't like the gun at all.

Spl1nter

Alternatively the Ace 23 is still ok and the M16 is a good mid range gun if are ok with burst fire. You can use the AK-12 in burst fire as well, it has a higher ROF cap in that mode.

After this latest patch it seems like ROF has become king. It's more important than ever. I'm finding myself actually using the FAMAS now when I am going to be in close quarters and I don't like the gun at all.

I have tried burst fire guns on and off, including the M16 since fall update. Reliance on timing your bursts perfectly make CQB just too inconsistent for success. FAMAS reload is way too long to make it a gun I use all the time.

AUG A3 is also pretty decent since they reduced the horizontal recoil on it IIRC.

I have tried burst fire guns on and off, including the M16 since fall update. Reliance on timing your bursts perfectly make CQB just too inconsistent for success. FAMAS reload is way too long to make it a gun I use all the time.

I don't think it would be nearly as bad if those burst fire guns didn't also jam so frequently.

Spl1nter

AUG A3 is also pretty decent since they reduced the horizontal recoil on it IIRC.

I don't think it would be nearly as bad if those burst fire guns didn't also jam so frequently.

I think they fixed the jamming but still if you dont click to fast or slow you are losing rpm. I dont like the AUG A3, L85 is just a better version of it.

I think they fixed the jamming but still if you dont click to fast or slow you are losing rpm. I dont like the AUG A3, L85 is just a better version of it.

I'll see how well I do with them later on if that's the case, haven't tried them in a while. You are right about the AUG, maybe they'll make a few more changes to it later down the line. I'll probably keep focusing on using bullpups after finishing dogtags for assault rifles since I like the way those kinds of weapons look, especially the F2K.

Orcus

That's what Dice gets for releasing a game changing patch so late, it's still a shame but i don't blame anyone on bailing on BF4 specially with the troubles the game had at the start. Also sorry to say but i think the community will slowly shrink overtime specially if COD:AW and Hardline happen to be good, such is the life of multiplayer games..
Yeah, I wouldn't blame anyone for putting this game in their rear view mirror, even a few weeks after launch. This really is a completely different game than the streaming pile that launched. I honestly don't why I continued playing those first few months. It's a fanatic game now. Not perfect, but a really good and fun game to play nonetheless.

terrible

Banned

Yeah the FAMAS is really ugly to use which is why I don't like it. At the same time if you're playing something like Dawnbreaker Domination it's about the only thing out there that'll give you the edge over all the AEK users.

Even though the M16 is a bit tricky to use up close it's still a lot better than the SAR. It's pretty easy to fire above 600 RPM with it. I love it at mid range so for me it's worth dealing with its close quarters issues. The Ace 23, 416, L85, etc smash it in ease of use though lol.

rafaelr

finally got ps4 premium (14€ is cheap enough). after 3 months of not playing it felt kinda great tbh. still like the bf pvp feel a lot more than, say, destiny pvp.
and playing on firestorm/caspian/oman again felt so familiar. for the other expansions, chainlink can be fun infantry centered battles (was completely overwhelmed with all the angles on pearl market though), on naval strike so far it seems like jets just waste everything (pretty much every round i played there was a jet pilot going 40-0, 45-1 etc.).
overall, i gotta say it´s good to be back though.

Finally got this on PS4.

Why does it take so long to install though? The main menu says campaign is 100% but it's then having to install after the first mission at a very slow pace.

The full game is only 31 percent through too.

waypoetic

Banned
Finally got this on PS4.

Why does it take so long to install though? The main menu says campaign is 100% but it's then having to install after the first mission at a very slow pace.

The full game is only 31 percent through too.
Happened to me as well. 100% on the campaign but I could only play the first mission lol

M416 is pretty good, one of the best overall weapons that does not require that much recoil handling and the reload speed is pretty good..

I have been cycling through all the weapons since fall update, cant decide on a favourite for assault rifles. However, the SG553 is probably my favourite carbine now, but I should try the ak5c and ace52 again.

Thanks guys! Gonna try these out.

Spot

So I have a quick question about Premium Edition. If I get the Battlefield 4 Premium Edition for the Ps3, does the premium carry over to the Ps4 or will I have to buy it again? Thanks!

burnfout

Improvement of Attack Heli Maneuverability you say?

FUCKING AWESOME. Now nerf Mobile AA please.

With the announcement of BF5 in late 2016 I'm looking forward to playing BF4 for two more years post patch.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Improvement of Attack Heli Maneuverability you say?

FUCKING AWESOME. Now nerf Mobile AA please.

With the announcement of BF5 in late 2016 I'm looking forward to playing BF4 for two more years post patch.
I almost lost my shit when I say that yesterday. I watched xfactor fly the thing and it handles so nice. I haven't asked for much to improve the AH, but a little s'more sped and maneuverability is really all I want.

Only issue now is that I'll need to redesign my flight plans and tactics.

TheSeks

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the helicopters being able to barrel roll. :/

Spl1nter

No, I mean in terms of gunner seat. It throws the guns to the side. Makes it annoying as hell to attempt to air-to-air combat if your pilot idiotically DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!s to avoid missiles. :/

Doing a barrel roll or a loop really does not have a ton of use in combat, maybe dodging jets. Its the changes to the acceptable angles of tilt that make the difference for flying.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Haven't played in months... have they changed anything worth mentioning in that time? (PS4)

Top Bottom