• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

No. Getting Premium would be the "map-pack to get."

Agreed. I also disagree about the other map pack ideas here, Dragons Teeth is easily the best Map pack so far. I definitely find more games on that map pack than any other (cept Second Stand but thats shit)

Spl1nter

Seks and some other people dont like Dragon Teeth, but I think the maps are great on it. Sunken Dragon is a bit weak but that could be fixed pretty easily. Propoganda and Lumphini Garden are excellent infantry maps. Pearl Market is a lot of fun as well. Much better close quarter infantry map than metro or locker.

Best choice is just to get Premium, its an excellent deal when on sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think it's weak. It's no China Rising. With the exception of the Market which is HORRIBLE. But there's some questionable design decisions that make it apparent Dragon Teeth isn't meant to be played on anything but "Chain Link" just like... Close Shitters in BF3.

Spl1nter

I think it's weak. It's no China Rising. With the exception of the Market which is HORRIBLE. But there's some questionable design decisions that make it apparent Dragon Teeth isn't meant to be played on anything but "Chain Link" just like... Close Shitters in BF3.

I dont really see how you can compare even Pearl Market to Close Quarters. All the maps have pretty standard flow and dont feel chaotic with 64 players. If that was the case then I wouldnt be able to consistently put up great scores on those maps.

Altai Range and Dragon Pass are probably the two most disappointing and boring maps in the game, after DICE made some good vehicle heavy maps with End Game and Armored Kill.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I LOVE Altai Range. It's a really fun map to play IMO. Dragon Pass will forever be the map that sucks ass in the China Rising pack.

Dr Prob

Banned
I have the dlc ranked like this (through the lens of mostly playing conquest):

Dragon's Teeth: In first kinda by default as I haven't played it enough for anything to really bug me yet [subject to change] It's good!
Naval Strike: Fun but the atmosphere can get a little stale
Second Assault: Metro still sucks, something other than Firestorm probably should have made it in, official rotation is not ideal as one team ends up on the shitty side of the two maps that really have one
China Rising: Guilin Peaks is legit awesome, rest are largely forgettable, bomber/tying stuff to it not great ideas

I'm not paying for premium. Especially when I'm not playingvideo games as often as I did two years ago. Not worth it.

I think what people are saying is that waiting for a premium sale is a far better value than buying just one dlc pack. Fun as any individual expansion may be, it's just the four maps and having only one would mean you'd likely have to play on an official server dedicated to that pack--which can lead to those four maps getting old fast.

Of course, an even better way to save money is not to buy any of it!

Alpende

Played a couple of games yesterday after a long while (months) and I liked it, will play more today. I can't really tell if the patch fixed stuff because it's been a while but I have a good feeling about it.

Are there any EU gaffers (time differences suck) out there that I can add?

TheSeks

I dont really see how you can compare even Pearl Market to Close Quarters. All the maps have pretty standard flow and dont feel chaotic with 64 players. If that was the case then I wouldnt be able to consistently put up great scores on those maps.

Altai Range and Dragon Pass are probably the two most disappointing and boring maps in the game, after DICE made some good vehicle heavy maps with End Game and Armored Kill.

I'm not comparing Pearl Market to the whole of CQ. I'm comparing the WHOLE map pack to CQ.

Propaganda has a "crossing over" problem on any mode that isn't Chain Link, for instance. Possibly Conquest as well but I felt the issue was there in Conquest whereas Chain Link doesn't have as many vehicles to where infantry can at least cross over.

Lumphini Garden is IMPOSSIBLE to play on Rush or Sabotage. The set designs and "lanes" are impossible. Conquest is nearly the same given the one flag that is outside the park has two-three lanes that can be explosive spammed locking a team in that area nearly. Not as bad as Rush/Sabo on that map but pretty close.

Flooded Dragon is just a boring map in general and it plays terrible in Rush (to where I avoid playing Rush on these maps). The set design is terrible and Sabotage on them is just boring. Fly over to the other teams area, camp in the buildings/spawn beacon their and troll their vehicles while a back and forth happens in the water but doesn't have the thrill of the "bomb in the water" that Naval Strike has.

Pearl Market is just a terrible map all around. Belongs in Close Shitters and Call of Duty.

---

Dragon Pass I'll give you for being massively disappointing after "WE'RE REMAKING A BATTLEFIELD 2 MAP, Y'ALL!" and how it plays on most anything that isn't Conquest (though Sabotage is okay-ish on it) but Altai? Really? Outside of the hill climb slowing vehicles down to a chore level and the mobile AA being fucking broke to where it can shoot across the map. It isn't a terrible map. Rush should possibly be reversed (like Flood Zone) since it's nearly impossible to take the first set with the vehicle layout they gave in 32/64 player set ups. But on other modes it plays pretty well.

Spl1nter

I have never experience any crossing over problem with Propoganda. What do you mean by this? Getting killed crossing the road? I think you need to play the map more in conquest. It works very well because you can push two points (more if you have C) from any capture point.

I have also never been locked in on E on Lumphini, the entrances are wide and spread out enough that unless you have the worst team ever its easy to move from E or A to the three other points. If anything that map has a slight advantage for E side of the map.

What make these two maps good for conquest is the multiple distances of engagement by smart placement of terrain and cover to allow approach.

Pearl Market is actually a decent map once you know the flow and lanes, plus amtrack. Its a better cqb map than others.

Altai is horrible conquest map. Use of air vehicles is pointless because AA range is across the entire map. Its the most boring map possible, an oval for vehicles to go around playing a capture the point merry-go-round with one middle point that is basically impossible to overwhelm with vehicles and the only place infantry can survive. All made worse by the horrible bare capture points that ensure vehicles have no threat to infantry. As well, motorbikes were a poor addition to the map, too fast for the pacing of conquest.

TheSeks

I have never experience any crossing over problem with Propoganda. What do you mean by this? Getting killed crossing the road?

The map has two roads in a T formation (more like a + I guess for a mental image). The statue (forgetting the team since I don't play these maps since barely anyone plays on them. *cough*) facing you, the one road is on the right. Which leads north to first-set in Rush (and the other teams bomb site for A/B in Sabo)

That mini road that splits right has a "crossing over" problem to where it's trench warfare on anything that isn't Chain Link. Conquest has this issue with the tanks if the tanks aren't busy sniping each other. Rush second set shows this problem when an LMG can lock down the "side alley" (and the second one to the right of the statue/"main road" is out of bounds in Rush IIRC) while the two "doorways" are basically explosive chokepoints. And since you can't C4 the walls in a few strategic places you basically have to luck out on reaching the wall and then throwing C4 over the wall to kill whoever is camping near the wall quickly to move in.

Same for Sabotage, really. But Sabotage includes the main road, with the train and the two underground "ballpark" entrances to avoid the trains and has C for both teams in the two areas where flags are in Conquest/Chain Link.

But really, crossing the roads (especially the side road) is basic trench warfare at times.

It's a pretty map, but it just isn't fun to play on.

TheSeks

Its a lot better on conquest, like most maps.

Nah. Conquest it has the same "crossing over" issue due to tanks. Sabotage removes the tanks and has ATV's which makes it alright outside of having to fight for the bomb and moving the bomb to A/B on either side of the side-road/"trench." But if you get that bomb on an ATV and no one stops you... gg there.

Never had an issue with crossing the road in Propaganda, lots of cover to move from one side to the other. Though personally I prefer to stay on the side that has 3 three flags, or just use a tank to get rid of as much cover as I can on the road and focusing on the aforementioned side.

Norua

Banned
I don't understand the "crossing over" problem either honestly. There's a lot of cover on the road between E and D with the trucks, then between C and B with the huge statue, then more trucks.
Propaganda is a great map for Conquest - one of the best of BF4 actually, which is all that matters.

TheSeks

Can't tell you without the network graph (hohohoho?) but it seems like the server said "he killed you" before your client was able to update.

Facism

Pearl Market is great fun if you run around on German servers with auto-shotties and claymores. So much babby-mode rage.

Until they ban those from the game, too.

TheSeks

Pearl Market is great fun

Mmmm...No.gif

if you run around on German servers with auto-shotties and claymores. So much babby-mode rage.

Until they ban those from the game, too.

Same could be said of all maps, though. Though I wish they'd fix Claymore wonky placement. Overshoots where you "aim" with the dot and placing them on stairs makes them go ass up instead of placing perpendicular to the stairs.

Tubie

It's almost crazy to think BF4 has improved so much over the past year that its netcode is probably one of the best out all the popular new shooters out right now.

I remember Destiny had (still has?) horrible netcode (lol melee hits after you die!) when I played it, and now it looks like CoD:AW is pretty bad as well.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looking for someone to team up with on PS4.

I'm interested in playing a constant tandem... basically doing everything in a two-man squad all the time. Lots of time in armor and vehicles, voice communication a must. Setting up complementary classes/loadouts.

Tired of getting shot in the damn back and being stuck with shitty co-pilots. Tired of having to go 1v2+ all the damn time,

If interested message me either on gaf or PSN. My handle is the same. I'm back into this, and will be on quite often. Especially with the cold weather season ahead.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I'm interested in playing a constant tandem... basically doing everything in a two-man squad all the time. Lots of time in armor and vehicles, voice communication a must. Setting up complementary classes/loadouts.

Tired of getting shot in the damn back and being stuck with shitty co-pilots. Tired of having to go 1v2+ all the damn time,

If interested message me either on gaf or PSN. My handle is the same. I'm back into this, and will be on quite often. Especially with the cold weather season ahead.
If you dont laugh at my english im game.
Or you can pull a 5 de mayo and chat in español.

Orcus

If you were on XBO I would put a ring on that finger!

i can promise to be in the same squad. probably.

Evolved1

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So yeah, Fersis_4 is my PSN.
I mostly play Diablo 3, but im always up for some GAF BF4 squad up

Evolved1

The framerate on some of these maps is really really bad.

Fersis

Battlefest Season 2

Double XP Event

What’s better than a 2XP weekend? A five-day 2XP weekend, of course. Make sure to hit the game between November 6 and November 10 for double XP, making you level up faster.

Community Missions and New Dog Tags

Time to pull together! In two new Community Missions, you have the chance to collectively unlock two new Dog Tags with a Cops and Robbers theme – a nod to the upcoming Battlefield Hardline. You don’t want to miss these. Details to follow.

Gold Battlepacks

Starting November 8, we’ll hand out a Gold Battlepack every Saturday up until December 6. Inside these shiny cases you’ll find camos, weapon attachments, XP boosts, and other in-game goodies.

Special Announcement

Stay tuned to the official Battlefield social channels on Facebook and Twitter for a special announcement around 6pm PT today. You won’t want to miss this one!
:0

Hey y'all. Thinking about hopping on the BF4 train after getting back into Bad Company 2 on PC and wanting something better. I'd be getting it on PS4 this time around. I have a couple questions though.

Is it worth it to get the Premium Edition? It's only $60 (vs $30 for standalone), but if hardly anyone is playing the extra maps it won't be worth it to me.

You guys probably get this question all the time (hence the thread title), but is the game actually running well on PS4 these days? I've heard of the numerous patches the game has gotten, but I'll probably stick to BC2 if people are still having network issues.

Hope to see some of you guys online shortly.

TheSeks

2XP Week, more like. I'm actually shocked DICE is doing that again. But hey, maybe I'll actually buckle down this weekend and get from Prestige 26 to Prestige 30 in time for the last 8million grind to Prestige 40? :D?
D: I see a lot of Metro in my future

Honestly, though: They should do 2XP Weeks for the rest of the game's life. Same with BF3. I'm honestly shocked at how they dropped Premium on BF3 after BF4 launched and didn't even bother to turn on 2XP like CoD has after those yearly titles "End of Life." :|

Also if the Gold Battlepacks give me anything below 100% in boosts, they can fuck right off. :|

Hey y'all. Thinking about hopping on the BF4 train after getting back into Bad Company 2 on PC and wanting something better. I'd be getting it on PS4 this time around. I have a couple questions though.

Is it worth it to get the Premium Edition? It's only $60 (vs $30 for standalone), but if hardly anyone is playing the extra maps it won't be worth it to me.

You guys probably get this question all the time (hence the thread title), but is the game actually running well on PS4 these days? I've heard of the numerous patches the game has gotten, but I'll probably stick to BC2 if people are still having network issues.

Hope to see some of you guys online shortly.

I'd say go premium for sheer choice honestly.

And it runs perfectly fine on PS4 now, totally recommended.

Dr Prob

Banned

Still lots of full dlc lobbies on the PS4, and with Hardline pushed back/not really generating much interest anyway this game should have some legs.

You guys probably get this question all the time (hence the thread title), but is the game actually running well on PS4 these days?

It's running about as well as you'd expect from a Battlefield title. Hiccups and weird disconnections here and there, an occasional outright crash, but our long nightmare seems to be over.

McHuj

Nice.

I'm sitting at 124 with something like 43 25% boosts (and a handful of 50%). I hope I can score a 100% during this week.

Ugh..After playing CoD for a few days I decided to go back home to Battlefield. Noticed they had Double XP so I decided to use one of my 200% XP boosts to get the most out of it. I'm doing great having a blast shit exploding all around me, killing guys left and right etc...Games running really damn good and I'm having a blast. 4 matches in and I get the damn bluescreen crash that plagued Battlefield 4's launch. Lesigh. It was too good to be true.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll start installing it now and hopefully it'll be done by the time I'm off work. Sounds like a good time to hop in with the double XP weekend coming up. Going with the Premium Edition too. I misread the price on PS4 so it's only a $20 increase vs $30 that I thought before. Definitely a no brainer especially if people are playing those maps.

Tubie

Ugh..After playing CoD for a few days I decided to go back home to Battlefield. Noticed they had Double XP so I decided to use one of my 200% XP boosts to get the most out of it. I'm doing great having a blast shit exploding all around me, killing guys left and right etc...Games running really damn good and I'm having a blast. 4 matches in and I get the damn bluescreen crash that plagued Battlefield 4's launch. Lesigh. It was too good to be true.

I have not seen a crash on PS4 for a few weeks now so it's probably a rare thing on both consoles and PC (knock on wood).

Top Bottom