• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Norua

Banned
2XP Week, more like. I'm actually shocked DICE is doing that again. But hey, maybe I'll actually buckle down this weekend and get from Prestige 26 to Prestige 30 in time for the last 8million grind to Prestige 40? :D?
D: I see a lot of Metro in my future

Honestly, though: They should do 2XP Weeks for the rest of the game's life. Same with BF3. I'm honestly shocked at how they dropped Premium on BF3 after BF4 launched and didn't even bother to turn on 2XP like CoD has after those yearly titles "End of Life." :|

Also if the Gold Battlepacks give me anything below 100% in boosts, they can fuck right off. :|

What's prestige and why would you want to play metro?

Tubie

What's prestige and why would you want to play metro?

He calls every rank after 100 "prestige" lol, so he means rank 126 to 130.

There's no prestige in the game, it's just that after 100 each rank start to take way more XP to reach.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He calls every rank after 100 "prestige" lol, so he means rank 126 to 130.

There's no prestige in the game, it's just that after 100 each rank start to take way more XP to reach.

Exactly. Cap should've stopped at 100 since it's nothing but redundant icons after that point. Hence, Prestige a la CoD/Titanflop.

Exactly. Cap should've stopped at 100 since it's nothing but redundant icons after that point. Hence, Prestige a la CoD/Titanflop.

Prestige in CoD meant you restarted all the way back to level 1 (meaning you lose all unlocked weapons etc) and went up the ranks again. There is no such thing as Prestige or anything remotely similar to it in BF4.

BF4 keeps getting extra ranks because people like grinding for it, and it also has the benefit of giving players a clearer picture as to how much time a specific player has put into the game. Mainline BF games always took a ton of time to get higher levels. The second highest rank in BF2 required you to play the game for at least 1440 hours for example.

TheSeks

BF4 keeps getting extra ranks because people like grinding for it, and it also has the benefit of giving players a clearer picture as to how much time a specific player has put into the game.

Except 2XP + Boosts already distort that depending on mode and SPM. 10K+ rounds in Metro 1000+ tickets + 200% boosts + 2XP = 4XP = 40K rounds = 1-100 in a shorter time than the 8 million grind to 1-100 normally.

Hence, P20-P30's 8million is pretty much a "prestige." You're doing the 1-100 grind again, just for a shiny never changing icon.

The XP boost system does distort the whole thing just like it does with SPM.

In regards to Prestige, you don't lose all the items you've unlocked like you do in CoD when you go for Prestige. In BF4 you're leveling up like you normally do in any game that requires you to gain XP to do so, there's nothing in it that resembles doing a Prestige. Having to gain a ton more XP for the next level doesn't somehow make it the same as a CoD style Prestige.

TheSeks

Regrinding 1-100 again for 10 more levels = Prestige. So yes, it is Prestige as far as I'm concerned.

BC2 had it perfect. 1-50 max cap. 25 rank was the latest you needed for all kit items. After that it was "time played" to max rank nearly (outside of SPM which wasn't as inflated as BF4).

Anything else (like the 100+ BF3/4 does) is Prestige. Which, includes that 25+ grind to 50 but DICE never had to increase the cap. Mostly because they "weren't surprise by how much people played!"

Ocho

Regrinding 1-100 again for 10 more levels = Prestige. So yes, it is Prestige as far as I'm concerned.

You are missing the most important point: Prestige means losing all your unlocks. There are no unlocks lost, therefore it is not prestige. Simple as duck.

TheSeks

You are missing the most important point: Prestige means losing all your unlocks. There are no unlocks lost, therefore it is not prestige. Simple as duck.

Once again: Regrinding 1-100 = Prestige, as far as I'm concerned.

"B-B-BUT YOU DON'T LOSE YOUR UNLOCKS."

No1curr. Still regrinding 1-100 for 30 new "levels" which are 3 new badges that don't really change. Hence, Prestige.

Same grind, just less tedious.

TheSeks

So what was the announcement?

2XP from today to next Wednesday (all week, IIRC? Maybe a few more days) and a few battlepacks and stuff.

No Final Stand release date yet. They're still working on things.

Speaking of which:

CTE said:
Prototype 3: Casual Competitive Matchmaking

GOAL: We are looking at how other games are growing their competitive scene – and how simple it is to find a game with like-minded people of similar skill-set to play with in a controlled and ranked environment.

That's kinda sad they have to look at other games when most of ESL could probably tell them a lot of the problems. But Cest La Vie.

I wish them good luck, but I wish they'd do away with the competitive nature insofar as displaying stats everywhere. Would at least (hopefully) help with the ragequit problem the series has.

We are using a variant of Conquest called Double Assault (you can cap the other team’s home flag and shut them out, as seen in the older Battlefield titles).

t7oCXV4.png
Bad Company 1 (and earlier) Conquest returns. Maybe I won't be so burned out then.

(For those of you that have only played BF3: Think "Conquest Assault" that was introduced in Back To Karkand but both teams have an "uncap" that is now cappable instead of one side defending and not having an uncap.

...That is, if I'm reading it right. If it's just "cap their home flag so they can't spawn TROLLOLOLOLOL~~~~"
KCSeU4L.png
)

good games tonight. dat Flood Zone Rush ... WAT

completely changed the layout!

edit: DOUBLE ASSAULT@!@!@#! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have not seen a crash on PS4 for a few weeks now so it's probably a rare thing on both consoles and PC (knock on wood).

just got a crash during loading tonight. i was shocked! can't remember the last time that happened!

TheSeks

good games tonight. dat Flood Zone Rush ... WAT

completely changed the layout!

Yeah, for the better I feel. Set one (and two) still have issues, but I feel it plays way better than the launch set layout. It also helps that (IIRC) the Levolution was turned off for the mode.

Norua

Banned
Once again: Regrinding 1-100 = Prestige, as far as I'm concerned.

Once again, you're missing the point. The players don't call it "prestige", DICE don't call it "prestige". End of story.

Kane and Ocho already explained to you how it's different. Now if you feel like everybody is wrong and you are not, good for you, but it doesn't make it true.

Also, why would you bother "grinding" anything in a FPS and play a shit map for those shiny icons? If you spend your time bipoded in Parisian stairs, no wonder it's hard on the legs when you have to cross the road on Propaganda.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
yeah, it seems better but i do miss the fuckery of the old layout.

I have never seen a layout like new Flood Zone in any Battlefield game ever. It's so weird. They give defenders a three-tier structure with perfect LOS to the crate, and it's completely OoB!

lol... wat the fuck.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is the Thursday crew gonna play today/tonight?

I've been playing with Smurf-a-derps all morning. Will be on and off today, have some stuff to do.

Apparently my current mic has some feedback issues, so I'm not talking much on it until I replace it. Probably today or tomorrow, we'll see.

TheSeks

yeah, it seems better but i do miss the fuckery of the old layout.

The only thing I don't like about the revision is that the attackers get the overpass. I get why (so they can have a high-ground) but at the same time it's REALLY easy for the defense to get up there and lock it down.

I dunno. Starting with the parking garage would probably be slightly better if they dropped the overpass.

Once again, you're missing the point. The players don't call it "prestige", DICE don't call it "prestige". End of story.

No, I'm not missing the point. Dice can call it "110-130" all they want. Making me re-grind 1-100 in terms of points for those 30 levels is a prestige system. You're redoing the grind to go past their arbitrary "max level." "End of story," as you say.

It's a prestige, no matter if they want to call it that or not.

ANYWAY: Prestige 26 get. Now to use those 200% boosts and hit P30.

Tubie

The only thing I don't like about the revision is that the attackers get the overpass. I get why (so they can have a high-ground) but at the same time it's REALLY easy for the defense to get up there and lock it down.

I dunno. Starting with the parking garage would probably be slightly better if they dropped the overpass.

No, I'm not missing the point. Dice can call it "110-130" all they want. Making me re-grind 1-100 in terms of points for those 30 levels is a prestige system. You're redoing the grind to go past their arbitrary "max level." "End of story," as you say.

It's a prestige, no matter if they want to call it that or not.

ANYWAY: Prestige 26 get. Now to use those 200% boosts and hit P30.

I have to agree with everyone else, just grinding numbers for the sake of it is nothing, there's no extra difficulty, you just get a new icon. Losing all your weapons and unlocks is a way bigger deal than just grinding meaningless numbers. I'm not sure why you dismiss that so easily.

Imagine starting over at 100 with the AK12/MX4/U-100/CSLR4 with no unlocks, all of your assignments reset so no DLC weapons. That's far more significant than just grinding 1-100 again with all your same weapons and unlocks. How can it be "prestige" when 100-130 just means you played a lot, nothing else.

I've been playing with Smurf-a-derps all morning. Will be on and off today, have some stuff to do.

Apparently my current mic has some feedback issues, so I'm not talking much on it until I replace it. Probably today or tomorrow, we'll see.

I'll be on in an hour or two for the rest of the day. Go pick up the Playstation Gold Wireless Headset and get your ass on.

Ever since the most recent patch my win to lose ration has plummeted. Like a night to day difference. Prior to the patch, it was something in the ball park of 1.6 - 1.7 win to lose ratio. Now I'm getting crazy losing streaks, 7 - 8 games in a row isn't uncommon. I'm at loss as to what's going on. My performance hasn't really changed but suddenly, wins have become strangely hard to come by for me. There's no good explanation for it. I'd even say I'm probably capturing more flags (this is conquest I'm talking about) now then ever before because there are so many opposition controlled flags to go after since my team always seems so out classed. Maybe it's just a prolonged slump but man has it been consistent the last few weeks.

TheSeks

I have to agree with everyone else, just grinding numbers for the sake of it is nothing, there's no extra difficulty, you just get a new icon. Losing all your weapons and unlocks is a way bigger deal than just grinding meaningless numbers. I'm not sure why you dismiss that so easily.

That's not what I'm dismissing. What I'm dismissing that it's the requirement to prestige. It's not. When you prestige in CoD you RELEVEL (in addition to losing those unlocks) which is the KEYWORD I'm getting at. I'm releveling from 1-100 for P20-P30. ERGO: Prestige.

Let's use another game that has a Prestige system: Assassin's Creed which added it with Revelations. Here I'm going to use 4's.

here you see I'm "Prestige 1" in the mutliplayer. Once you hit level 55 (which was the Max in Brotherhood and been the "max rank" since), you automatically Prestige and regrind your levels over.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT DO YOU LOSE EVERYTHING I hear you yell:

AYyKRtl.jpg

Nope.avi

(And for the record: I haven't bought the skills since most of them that aren't "smoke bomb" and "poison" are pointless to buy. So in before you go "B-B-BUT YOU DID!" I didn't. The game doesn't penalize you for prestiging. Go Google if you don't believe me.)

So here's the thing: BF4's P20-P30 8million grind that is the SAME grind at 1-100? Yeah, it's a prestige system. You're regrinding your level 1-100 again just under a guise of "levels." DICE can call it 120-130 and you guys can call it that as well, that's cool. But that doesn't take away that it's a Prestige system. You're going by Call of Duty's "prestige" format doesn't take away from other Prestige systems.

The also cool thing with AC's Prestige System is that if you prestige (which is unavoidable in AC4) you gain new things (mostly titles/icons and character customization) in addition to not losing your unlocks. *gasp* What a concept, actually making the grind/carrot on a stick worthwhile!

Tubie

So here's the thing: BF4's P20-P30 8million grind that is the SAME grind at 1-100? Yeah, it's a prestige system. You're regrinding your level 1-100 again just under a guise of "levels." DICE can call it 120-130 and you guys can call it that as well, that's cool. But that doesn't take away that it's a Prestige system. You're going by Call of Duty's "prestige" format doesn't take away from other Prestige systems.

That's fine I guess. The only issue would be new people coming to this thread might think there's a prestige system like in CoD since that's what almost everyone thinks when you say prestige.

Kane and Ocho already explained to you how it's different. Now if you feel like everybody is wrong and you are not, good for you, but it doesn't make it true.

Also, why would you bother "grinding" anything in a FPS and play a shit map for those shiny icons? If you spend your time bipoded in Parisian stairs, no wonder it's hard on the legs when you have to cross the road on Propaganda.
You're wasting time arguing against Seks using pet names on BF concepts.

TheSeks

The rank 126 gold battlepack gave me 4 25% boosts and 1 battlelog emblem.

Welcome to DICE giving shit boosts. Maybe one day they'll actually let you stack those pointless 25% percents to actually reach the Prestige cap after 100 easily with 100+ 25%'s turning into 15+ 200%'s but alas.

You're wasting time arguing against Seks using pet names on BF concepts.

Essentially.

waypoetic

Banned
Stop joining my squad.

What the hell is your problem man? What the fuck? I'm joining Evolved1 and you tell me I'm not communicating and you FAIL to mention that you're on party chat. How was I supposed to know that? If you're so god damn pissy stop spawning on me.

What the hell is your problem man? What the fuck? I'm joining Evolved1 and you tell me I'm not communicating and you FAIL to mention that you're on party chat. How was I supposed to know that? If you're so god damn pissy stop spawning on me.

You got two invitations. No room in my squad for you.

Overdoziz

Banned
Are you guys on US timezones? I've seen you and a couple of others on GAF's mumble. We should play together.
I stopped playing BF4 PC a long time ago. Whenever I'm in that mumble I'm probably playing Arma or DayZ or something. Just happens to be that the BF channels are always empty so we stay in those.

waypoetic

Banned
Says the mute random from the top of the tower on rogue transmission rush.

Way to go, buddy.

Is that supposed to be an argument? No one told me that "hey we've got a party chat going" and the first message I got after I got kicked out of the squad a bunch of times was you calling me a dumbass.

I get that video games are serious business for you man but this is ridiculous.

We were totally kicking the other teams ass and I wasn't Allowed to climb a fucking tower? Chill.....

EDIT: No problem Tubie, I'm out of this special ops child's play.

Top Bottom