• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

stn

Played some campaign, beat 3 missions. Loaded up the save last night and realized it didn't save. Apparently this is common. Any fixes or workarounds known for the XBox One version? Thank you.

Tubie

Played some campaign, beat 3 missions. Loaded up the save last night and realized it didn't save. Apparently this is common. Any fixes or workarounds known for the XBox One version? Thank you.

Can you plug a USB drive into the xbox and save files to that? Because what I did on PS4 is whenever I was done playing I would backup my single player file to a USB. If you come back and your file got deleted just upload your backup in the USB to the console.

nick nacc

Banned
Just started playing. Total noob but it is starting to click. This is an online experience like no other. I like to roleplay sometimes and pretend I have one life and just be super careful, you know, to feel like I am there! Seems you guys are way into it and are fighting each other over squads and stuff. Battlefield is serious business hahah. Having a blast and will so even more when I finally get the hang of flying choppers.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Premium assignment

These look fun to work towards, but I'm not sure it makes no sense to release these now at the end of the games cycle.

Get 200 kills with Assault Rifles 0/200
Get 50 kills with gadget Grenade Launchers 0/50
Perform 100 heals 0/100
Revive 50 allies 0/50
Kill 10 enemies with the Defibrillator 0/10

Get 200 kills with PDWs 0/200
Get 75 kills with Rocket Launchers 0/75
Destroy 50 vehicles with Rocket Launchers 0/50
Destroy 25 vehicles with Mines 0/25
Perform 100 repairs 0/100

Get 200 kills with LMGs 0/200
Get 50 XM25 kills 0/50
Get 50 kills with C4 or Claymores 0/50
Get 50 kills with the Mortar or UCAV 0/50
Perform 100 resupplies 0/100

Get 200 kills with Sniper Rifles 0/200
Get 50 kills with C4 or Claymores 0/50
Spot 100 targets with the MAV or SUAV 0/100
Paint 25 vehicles 0/25
Get 25 Motion Sensor Assists 0/25

Get 100 Scan Assists 0/100
Get 100 EMP Assists 0/100
Promote 75 Squads 0/75
Get 50 Ammo Drops Used 0/50
Get 25 Vehicle Drops Used 0/25

When will DICE learn that repairs are neither as easy to perform nor as commonly needed as first aid or ammunition assistance, and thus should not be measured on the same scale? I'm still trying to get that stupid engineer expert UMP.

Ocho

When will DICE learn that repairs are neither as easy to perform nor as commonly needed as first aid or ammunition assistance, and thus should not be measured on the same scale? I'm still trying to get that stupid engineer expert UMP.

What? Repairs are the easiest to get. Just join a vehicle as gunner or w/e and done. You don't even need to play crappy maps like Metro to complete them quick.

Spl1nter

What? Repairs are the easiest to get. Just join a vehicle as gunner or w/e and done. You don't even need to play crappy maps like Metro to complete them quick.

No Ocho, join as support with c4. Place c4 on front of teammates vehicles, enjoy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
A bow?

Huh... guess I have to read about what those phantom assignments actually are. Kind of just ignored them until now.

The final Phantom program thing is a bow and arrow weapon. Lawl. Time to get my Green Arrow on.
BASED DICE

Repairs are super easy. Enter a Scout heli or attack boat. Get in a seat that can repair. Wait for the damage... Repair!

Creaking

BASED DICE

Repairs are super easy. Enter a Scout heli or attack boat. Get in a seat that can repair. Wait for the damage... Repair!

Easy to grind maybe, but you've still got to go out of your way to get them. There's little more braindead than aiming at a helicopter wing and holding the trigger.

Maddocks

repairs are easy as shit, you can even do it alone. Get a growler and hit a rock with it and then jump in the pass. seat and repair. It acts like you are with another player so it gives you the points and repairs. Easy as pie.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't get that Phantom one. Do they mean the last Phantom one or what?

Creaking

I'm guessing you only play infantry?
teamwork, what is it?

All I'm trying to say is that there are a lot more dynamics involved in weaving through a battlefield and tossing teammates supplies then there are in sitting passenger and holding down the repair tool. As the repairman, there's a chance that you might also man a gun in your offtime, but even then, the repair part of the job is completely braindead. The only strategy involved is knowing when to bail out. If you try to be a repairman for a tank or any other armored ground vehicle, chances are, the one driving will drive away in the middle of your repairs, often leaving you stranded in the middle of gunfire.

I play engineer a lot. It's my second most played class next to recon. I've always got the repair tool equipped and I repair whenever I can. It's still taking ages to get the stupid ribbons. I play support semi-frequently and assault rarely, and yet getting the first aid and ammo ribbons took no time at all. Unless you commit all of your efforts as a soldier to repairing the vehicles of helicopter pilots who usually bail out after getting hit by one rocket, or attack boat pilots who tend to sit still for too long, leaving their three passengers completely vulnerable, you won't get repair stuff done anywhere near the same rate as medic stuff or munitions stuff.

All I'm trying to say is that there are a lot more dynamics involved in weaving through a battlefield and tossing teammates supplies then there are in sitting passenger and holding down the repair tool. As the repairman, there's a chance that you might also man a gun in your offtime, but even then, the repair part of the job is completely braindead. The only strategy involved is knowing when to bail out. If you try to be a repairman for a tank or any other armored ground vehicle, chances are, the one driving will drive away in the middle of your repairs, often leaving you stranded in the middle of gunfire.

I play engineer a lot. It's my second most played class next to recon. I've always got the repair tool equipped and I repair whenever I can. It's still taking ages to get the stupid ribbons. I play support semi-frequently and assault rarely, and yet getting the first aid and ammo ribbons took no time at all. Unless you commit all of your efforts as a soldier to repairing the vehicles of helicopter pilots who usually bail out after getting hit by one rocket, or attack boat pilots who tend to sit still for too long, leaving their three passengers completely vulnerable, you won't get repair stuff done anywhere near the same rate as medic stuff or munitions stuff.

i guess it's different if the pilot/driver is a random...

TheSeks

Or find a tank in a tank duel and just repair the shit out of him. That one is a little harder because people love to drive off in the middle of a fix.

Right, which is the problem with the assignment itself more-so than the problem being the ribbons. Teamworks kinda taken a nose-dive in regards to vehicle repairs because LOLOLOL I CAN BACKUP AND AUTO REPAIR. FUCK YOUR TORCH.

:|

Disable system in BF3 > vehicle mechanics in BF4

Looking over the LostSupper conflict from the last page...not surprising he's upset at someone. He deleted me from his friends list...apparently I'm not good enough or doesn't like my play style or communication but probably all of the above.

Think the last time I played with him we got destroyed on Lancang Dam and he pointed out afterwards one of the players went 16-0 or something. I said that's probably the dude in the tank that I was the only one shooting at. He then told me to say something next time. My reaction was like...it's pretty self explanatory to take out the armor, it's Battlefield 101...take out the vehicles, especially in Rush. I don't have to say take out the tank...it's common sense. If you don't see the armor sitting inbetween A and B on the first set...you gotta be blind or not paying attention to the kill chart in the upper right hand corner or the minimap for that matter.

My latest BF4 news is I got the Air Superiority Dog Tag...oh yeah!

Oh yeah, repairs are easy. Get in a chopper or boat and repair...very easy to do.

Tubie

Go with Javelin+Repair Torch, get into an attack boat. If you don't wanna go too much out of your way just stay in the boat till you're out of rockets then leave and go play normally. When/if you die deploy back into a boat and repeat. This way it probably won't feel like your going too much out of your way to get the repairs and still actually contribute a lot to your team.

100 repairs really is nothing.

Looking over the LostSupper conflict from the last page...not surprising he's upset at someone. He deleted me from his friends list...apparently I'm not good enough or doesn't like my play style or communication but probably all of the above.

Think the last time I played with him we got destroyed on Lancang Dam and he pointed out afterwards one of the players went 16-0 or something. I said that's probably the dude in the tank that I was the only one shooting at. He then told me to say something next time. My reaction was like...it's pretty self explanatory to take out the armor, it's Battlefield 101...take out the vehicles, especially in Rush. I don't have to say take out the tank...it's common sense. If you don't see the armor sitting inbetween A and B on the first set...you gotta be blind or not paying attention to the kill chart in the upper right hand corner or the minimap for that matter.

My latest BF4 news is I got the Air Superiority Dog Tag...oh yeah!

Oh yeah, repairs are easy. Get in a chopper or boat and repair...very easy to do.

OK, this goes for everybody. I'm not singling you out so don't get your feelings hurt.

I'm always down to play with new people. We have a really solid squad of regulars that will gladly show new people the ropes. We have a good time because we consistently destroy the other team. That being said, if you're not comfortable actively communicating don't send me friend requests.

I think winning is fun. If you "only play to have fun," don't join my squad. If you think it's not your job to play the objective, don't join my squad. If you insist on lone-wolfing it away on the other side of the map, don't join my squad.

ErasureAcer, this is specifically for you. I'm pretty sure the game you're talking about was a Rush offense on Lancang. You went far left on the second pair while the rest of us worked on B. The enemy tank always sits and watches that field. For whatever reason, you spent the whole round trying to kill that tank instead of running with us at the objective. At the end of the round, I saw that the tank driver went undefeated. This wasn't obvious to the rest of us because he never killed us. He was nowhere near our objectives. It's baffling to me that you would die repeatedly to the same guy (again, away from the objective) without calling for help. I like to be able to rely on my friends. I'm sure you're a nice fellow, but I don't want you in my squad.

Now here's me being an asshole: If you have a speech impediment or don't speak English, don't join my squad.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
OK, this goes for everybody. I'm not singling you out so don't get your feelings hurt.

I'm always down to play with new people. We have a really solid squad of regulars that will gladly show new people the ropes. We have a good time because we consistently destroy the other team. That being said, if you're not comfortable actively communicating don't send me friend requests.

I think winning is fun. If you "only play to have fun," don't join my squad. If you think it's not your job to play the objective, don't join my squad. If you insist on lone-wolfing it away on the other side of the map, don't join my squad.

ErasureAcer, this is specifically for you. I'm pretty sure the game you're talking about was a Rush offense on Lancang. You went far left on the second pair while the rest of us worked on B. The enemy tank always sits and watches that field. For whatever reason, you spent the whole round trying to kill that tank instead of running with us at the objective. At the end of the round, I saw that the tank driver went undefeated. This wasn't obvious to the rest of us because he never killed us. He was nowhere near our objectives. It's baffling to me that you would die repeatedly to the same guy (again, away from the objective) without calling for help. I like to be able to rely on my friends. I'm sure you're a nice fellow, but I don't want you in my squad.

Now here's me being an asshole: If you have a speech impediment or don't speak English, don't join my squad.
lol, what was the excuse for removing me from your friends? I don't recall ever being accused of any of those infractions!

The tank was parked behind the building between directly between A and B close to the water. It had a good eye on both mcoms. I've heard you guys speaking in chat in many games and nothing was truly pivotal of what you were speaking about to victory conditions. You told me to jump out of the chopper on Hainan one time and arm it and I did. I can listen. Quite frankly you don't need 8 people talking. If you want to bark out orders...great. You don't need 8 people talking on every little last thing. What you need are people who listen (which I do) and your confrontational attitude towards any perceived slight is detrimental to team morale.

Don't you find it logical that we got obliterated in that game because we didn't destroy the tank? Makes sense to me. We never made it to the second set...we got crushed on the first set...that tank killed 16 people if memory serves me right. Pretty sure his gunner had a shit ton of kills as well. I don't go far left on anything except my politics man...sounds like you're spinning some BS story to justify getting rid of me from your friends list. I was in that building between the 2 mcoms trying to take out the damn tank..not off in some field.

Speech impediment? I had trouble with my R's mostly as a kid. Pretty sure I speak just fine now. Pretty low to question my speech or anyone who speaks differently than you. Not talking to me? Well I do recall you mentioning something about not understanding me when we were playing together, so I take it that was a swipe at me but in your passive aggressive mode.

I play to win. Ask any of the people that I play with, Dr. Prob, Moneyman, Mitchman or whomever is on my friends list that I see on (which I join most of the time). I'm usually top 3 on whatever team I'm on in any mode. You ripping into me is quite low...I'm not an idiot, and a damn good player. Currently sporting a 1.17 k/d. Score per a minute at 670...would be higher if I didn't bang out 250 Air Superiority ribbons and other modes (I have all the medals in the game) that produce lower scores.

In the end, I think we're a lot alike. We play to win. The differences are...I know who is good and who is not. Like I know any doofus not attacking a tank that is locking down the first set of mcoms isn't helping the team at all...they're not good despite whatever facts you care to bring up. As I said before, if I have to tell you to kill the tank...you quite simply don't understand the game. It's a given. Kill the tank. Instead, you want people to speak on the microphone to point out every little last dude you see. Those are the players you cherish. But can they kill a tank? You'd suffer less in the game if you surrounded yourself with players who didn't need to speak on a microphone to win...but rather just know how to win who don't have to be told what to do but know how to spot, know how to shoot and can put a collective effort into destroying armor or any other vehicle or repairing the vehicle you're in.

I think you added me as a friend because we were on Hainan Resort(we must have had a similar friend) and you were in the chopper and without saying a god damn word....I was in the chopper with you repairing you. You know why? Because it's fucking common sense...keep the chopper alive just like kill the fucking tank. I don't need to be told what to do. I really shouldn't have to tell anyone what to do either...this game is just common sense.

If you're new to the game...you'd be better off playing with me than LostSupper. I was horrible at first as well(BF3) and got better. I don't require you speak English. I don't require you have a mic. I don't care if you can't shoot for a lick. All I care about is that you spot. Hustle. And if I die, try and avenge me(then revive me if you're assault) if you're in the area. That's all I ask if you want to play with me. The name is KahrMatri on PS4.

lol, what was the excuse for removing me from your friends? I don't recall ever being accused of any of those infractions!

He "doesn't like your play style" dude. Heard him say it over the mic...or at least a few of you...think you were one of them. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's really not bad. Why would you want to put up with LostSupper's teenage angst anyways? You, I and everyone else are better off.

Dr Prob

Banned

That's rich. The other day you somehow joined our squad then proceeded to spend the entire time camping the CR bombers. When you couldn't get it and deigned to join us in actually doing something you'd start spamming order requests. Here's a fucking order: DON'T JOIN MY SQUAD!

If you're new to the game...you'd be better off playing with me than LostSupper...

On this we can agree. Also,

classic psgaf

Nailed it.

That's rich. The other day you somehow joined our squad then proceeded to spend the entire time camping the CR bombers. When you couldn't get it and deigned to join us in actually doing something you'd start spamming order requests. Here's a fucking order: DON'T JOIN MY SQUAD!

Gulity as charged, but I didn't join on you. I have no idea who you are. I joined the only available China Rising server to do the bomber assignment while I waited for people to sign on. I actually left your squad when I saw you were a GAF person.

I like playing with you, but I removed you because Dakar always joins on you. Nothing against him personally, but he and I don't play the same way.

lulz

classic psgaf
ouch.

I like playing with you, but I removed you because Dakar always joins on you. Nothing against him personally, but he and I don't play the same way.
That's why? lol, better remove wulv, seacat, dantheman, faceless and probably a few others. I stopped joining Rush because I could sense the desperation in your voice to boot me from the squad. At least Sharp spoons me gently when we cap flags at night.

You know what this thread could use? lost, critique this play style of mine that is incompatible with yours. It should be interesting.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
That's why? lol, better remove wulv, seacat, dantheman, faceless and probably a few others. I stopped joining Rush because I could sense the desperation in your voice to boot me from the squad. At least Sharp spoons me gently when we cap flags at night.

You know what this thread could use? lost, critique this play style of mine that is incompatible with yours. It should be interesting.

You keep me oh so warm on cold cold pennsylvania nights.

Dr Prob

Banned
I actually left your squad when I saw you were a GAF person.

Counterpoint: you actually didn't leave anything at all. Were in there taking up space until we finished the rotation and left the server.

Just odd to come into the thread and see you up on high extolling the virtues of your playstyle when I just witnessed you being beyond useless yourself.

Old Gimlet Eyes said:
Less drama more shooting people.......

This is the most action this thread has seen in a while. Someone find Elzar and tell him he sucks too.

Erban1

Anyone playing late night tonight? Advanced warfare isn't scratching my shooter itch, so I'm coming back early.

Should we assemble a Gaf B Squad for Rush games?

TheSeks

Looking over the LostSupper conflict from the last page...not surprising he's upset at someone.

He's always bitching about someone. Either it's me and my "autism" (lol at that insult, BTW. Cute trying to use a condition to insult someone. Classy.) or "PS3-GAF" (as he was on 360 last gen) and their idiosyncrasies or someone not speaking English joining his squad WAHHHHH.

And yes, Lost: I realize I sound like a hypocrite when I "bitch"ed on PS3. So in before that.

I sometimes miss how easy it was to win in consoles. I wonder why Seks left the console crew if it seems they still play rush.

Free online, breh. And I haven't touched Rush in a while since Urock and a few others went beyond my max limit of 150 tickets for 64 players (WHY is PC all about 64 players in all modes? It's bizarre) even after they launched the redesigns in Live from CTE. The maps have improved slightly but they're still bad for Rush (yes, I can a admit this and still love the mode).

Sabotage on SAS has been the go-to for me when I feel like playing. Plus I picked up a few non-GAF randoms I'll play nightly/weekly with while the rest of you play Conquest. So *shrug*. I'm burned out on Conquest for a long while until "all flags are capped? Round is over in minutes" is back.

The thread is titled Battlefield, but feels more like a CoD thread.

Between the teenage angst and smell of Mt. Dew and Doritos, one could easily be mistaken.

t0rment

Hey guys, i just got a ps4 after playing 100+ hours of BF4 on ps3, is it worth to get the premium on ps4? the maps and the modes are still being played or is it money down the drain?

Tubie

BF4 is serious business and personal stats are super important.
/s

I wanted to take a break from BF4 since I hit 130 recently, but I have that itch to play again, specially now with all the drama unfolding in this thread.

Hey guys, i just got a ps4 after playing 100+ hours of BF4 on ps3, is it worth to get the premium on ps4? the maps and the modes are still being played or is it money down the drain?

If you do mostly Conquest then yea, the DLC maps are played constantly. I cant speak for other modes since all I do is Conquest.

There are still plenty of people on ps4, and the game itself is worlds above the ps3 version.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
The thread is titled Battlefield, but feels more like a CoD thread.

Between the teenage angst and smell of Mt. Dew and Doritos, one could easily be mistaken.
Funny part is that no one involved in this is a teenager. Hell, Lost is older than I am and I've been a practicing attorney for 7 years.

Top Bottom