• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... Steam Overlay finally working on BF4. Did Origin/EA finally take the hint?

gl0w

Anyone know what this update is for? Its pretty big.

PS4 Game Update Feb 21
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

Battlelog

Have they fixed the bug where you lose your campaign progress yet? I beat it on the first day on normal, but each time I go to do hard, I end up losing my progress.

TheSeks

One of the most annoying Beacons I've ever seen on Golmund Sabo is from this dude a few hours back. Placed it on a rock a bit north of the starting spawn/non-hot-zone paradrop spawn. Proceeds to C4 our tanks. Annoying as hell.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Without any announcement.
KCSeU4L.png

It is player appreciation month, every weekend is double exp weekend. No announcement needed.

TheSeks

It is player appreciation month, every weekend is double exp weekend. No announcement needed.

The times it's active would be nice.

As would them finally adjusting it to Friday-Mon like EVERYONE else does.

Is missing crosshairs/unable to fire primary a known bug on the gunner seat in tanks? Really annoying, and goes away after a few lives.

skybald

Just logged onto Battlelog site for the first time. Wow, it is insane how well designed that site is.

The latest bug I am experiencing is my loadouts not being unlocked properly/Level 1 but I think it is fixed now and had to do with servers being updated.

Does PS4-GAF plan to set up a fund for renting a server when Rent-a-Server arrives? I can't see myself giving EADICE another full $50 or whatever to rent one by myself, but I wouldn't be apposed to giving $10 to help start one up. So long as the server bans Mobile-AA and significant donators can be admins/mods.

ChrisW

Just had the best two rounds back to back I've ever played in BF4. First round on Zavod - conq, went 40-14 just as engineer defending C and D.

Then on resort went 38-18 again just defending objectives etc.

Everything just seemed to click and I was constantly moving. Decided to call it a night to finish on a high!

Does PS4-GAF plan to set up a fund for renting a server when Rent-a-Server arrives? I can't see myself giving EADICE another full $50 or whatever to rent one by myself, but I wouldn't be apposed to giving $10 to help start one up. So long as the server bans Mobile-AA and significant donators can be admins/mods.

last time (BF3) nobody wanted to hang out and get it populated.

Was having an awesome CTF match on Caspian, both teams equal, both team pushing, 1-1, hit the final 10 minutes, catching a breather from the mayhem in the previous 2 mins.

Connection to server lost.

DICE.

I don't understand why CTF isn't on more maps. It is a fantastic game mode. Sure, you can argue that Obliteration is just a slight re-imagining of One-Flag CTF, but with the 20 minute timer (strangely the one for CTF is 30 minutes) games hardly ever end with completion. Lest not forget that Obliteration is limited to 32 players on Official servers while CTF gets 64 players.

PC players, how well does Obliteration play with 64 players and a higher timelimit?

Kak.efes

Never thought I'd unlock the SRR (not much of a sniper), but after three metros with the double XP, and boost, I now have it. Bolt action rifles are surprisingly effective in metro.

McLovin

I never got the hate on metro until now. See, I only played metro in rush mode(it was actually my favorite bf3 map). You go in, you push, and its over. Tried playing conquest and holy hell. That map IS terrible. You just can't get past those escalators no matter what lol. Kind of weird you can't play metro in rush mode since it sucks in pretty much every other mode.

...Oh lordy. This I have to see...

You have no idea.

US side gets the metro, part of it anyway. The Russian side gets the ticket office/elevator area.

That side has a big advantage as they have the upper level. So one side has to traverse upwards through hell fire to get to the flag. It doesn't happen often, as you can imagine.

Saying that CTF on Caspian and Oman is greatly unbalanced in terms on CTF placement. In Caspian, the US side have their flag protected by the giant wall as well as huge space around the flag.

The Russians get shack central aka E point to defend.

In Oman, The Russian's flag spot is next to the cranes, protected by numerous 3 or more storey buildings and huge amount container boxes.

The US are afforded a couple of Hotels and a swimming pool.

Firestorm seems fine though.

I never got the hate on metro until now. See, I only played metro in rush mode(it was actually my favorite bf3 map). You go in, you push, and its over. Tried playing conquest and holy hell. That map IS terrible. You just can't get past those escalators no matter what lol. Kind of weird you can't play metro in rush mode since it sucks in pretty much every other mode.
Conquest with 24-32 isn't as bad. It is still a meatgrinder but players are spread thin enough that generally the game can be turned around (at least on BF3), but with 64 players even the three new routes do nothing to alleviate the butcher shop roleplay the map takes on.

I don't understand why CTF isn't on more maps. It is a fantastic game mode. Sure, you can argue that Obliteration is just a slight re-imagining of One-Flag CTF, but with the 20 minute timer (strangely the one for CTF is 30 minutes) games hardly ever end with completion. Lest not forget that Obliteration is limited to 32 players on Official servers while CTF gets 64 players.

PC players, how well does Obliteration play with 64 players and a higher timelimit?
funny, i thought CTF had too many people.

...Oh lordy. This I have to see...
if i said "its a trainwreck" would you say i was being too punny?

TheSeks

Speaking of Oman and different modes from Rush and Conquest:

Oman Sabotage has the RU team (IIRC) spawn in the water with water vehicles and like NO [read: NONE] land vehicles) while the US team gets land vehicles with like 2-3 tanks.

WTF DICE?

Facism

Speaking of Oman and different modes from Rush and Conquest:

Oman Sabotage has the RU team (IIRC) spawn in the water with water vehicles and like NO [read: NONE] land vehicles) while the US team gets land vehicles with like 2-3 tanks.

WTF DICE?

it's like they don't know how to design good layouts for decent gameplay.

Top Bottom