• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I don't know what that means... but reading it back I might have gone a bit overboard there. lol.

I can be a bit excitable.

a buddy just emailed me this:

c7I8n5Z.jpg

To be a fly on the wall of that brainstorming meeting that produced "press F to pay respects".

meppi

I don't get it. How are the new maps uninspired? And the level design for the maps are a breath of fresh air, especially in terms of flag layout.

Only map that has the recon camping issue so far seems to be Hangar 21.

They all seem to be some random hills, trees, bushes and houses thrown together around a set piece or two. Tons of open space for campers to abuse and jets or helis to fly around in with little else.

Ahh so thats what happened, I noticed that chopper blowing up, thought a jet took him out. Nice shot!

hehe, yeah. :)
Been enjoying the fix for RPG impacts so we don't get the dust effect anymore.
Been shooting down a lot more choppers that way now. These are from Tuesday alone. please excuse the bagging of tea. ;)
Also I think the last patch might finally have fixed the stuttering/rubberbanding issues on the Naval Strike maps.
Last week it was still a mess, but this week everything has been very smooth. So far...

Of course it seems to have broken other things. Like when I tried using the 870, at several points the gun just kept reloading on and on and on. :-/

Tubie

Also I think the last patch might finally have fixed the stuttering/rubberbanding issues on the Naval Strike maps.
Last week it was still a mess, but this week everything has been very smooth. So far...

Yea Naval Strike is super smooth now, but I'm getting a LOT more crashes on PS4 than ever. The game usually crashes for me after leaving or joining a server.

As for snipers, I don't think snipers are that big of an issue if you expect them to be where they will be and keep that in mind while playing the objectives. They usually get killed a lot too because some people just hunt them down along those hills.

Map wise, Hangar 21 might not be for everyone, but some of the most fun I've had in any DLC is fighting around A and B. Outside it can be fucking annoying yea. The other maps are fine, not great but not bad either.

McHuj

Success! Unlocked the bow last night on PS4. Currently theres a few servers with 5/6 players on Hanger 21 helping people unlock the bow if you have a requirements and one of the tags.

They all seem to be some random hills, trees, bushes and houses thrown together around a set piece or two. Tons of open space for campers to abuse and jets or helis to fly around in with little else.

That is such a weird complaint to make. Can't you make that same kind of complaint on pretty much every BF map?

For the second sentence; Hangar 21 is infantry focused and has some issues with camping snipers (which is alleviated a little bit thanks to pods and the ton of transport vehicles available in that map). The rest of the maps are pretty obviously more focused on vehicles so it makes sense you'd have a lot of open spaces lest they have a much harder time dealing with infantry who already have some flags positioned specifically for them like the 2 middle flags on Hammerhead. Even then the snowmobiles are really good at moving around the map so it's not that bad for infantry either way. Jets and Helis are easily shat on via the ridiculous railgun on top of the usual stingers and SRAWs, so that's not a problem.

The flag layouts and theme of the maps are a breath of fresh air compared to the to the usual symmetric flag layout DICE seems to like putting for most maps. It is especially obvious in Naval Strike where 3 of the maps are basically 1 or 3 flags in the middle of the map with the rest surrounding it.

As for snipers, I don't think snipers are that big of an issue if you expect them to be where they will be and keep that in mind while playing the objectives. They usually get killed a lot too because some people just hunt them down along those hills.

The thing with Recons is this: If a Recon using a Sniper Rifle actually tries to snipe people like the weapon is intended to do, people bitch about how he's a camper/won't play aggressively/can't fight in CQC.

If a Recon using a Sniper Rifle tries to fight in close quarters since people keep bitching about using his long range weapon for long range engagements, people start whining about how he's playing the game like it's CoD and how he's trying to quickscope.

Sniper Rifles in this game are still pretty damn weak too, other than the occasional hit or sound effect and suppression, it's pretty hard to get killed by them, especially if you start jumping and keep changing directions slightly.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
My setup is 3500k + 770. Everything was buttery smooth before the most recent patch. Now every once and a while the game will freeze for like half a second. Anyone else encountering this?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The thing with Recons is this: If a Recon using a Sniper Rifle actually tries to snipe people like the weapon is intended to do, people bitch about how he's a camper/won't play aggressively/can't fight in CQC.

If a Recon using a Sniper Rifle tries to fight in close quarters since people keep bitching about using his long range weapon for long range engagements, people start whining about how he's playing the game like it's CoD and how he's trying to quickscope.
The only problem I have with snipers is when they are completely oblivious to anything else. There can be an armed objective right next to them and they are still trying to snipe some guy miles away. They have access to some really useful gadgets but hardly ever use them except to create a spawn point on top of a building.

Tubie

1 year later and the garbage netcode/hit detection is still in, i was rubberbanding on every server, look at this shit: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdujo09Cd20

fuck you dice

Well, I guess you are super unlucky with the game or your internet connection is screwing you over. Issues like yours are super rare now. But if you were rubberbanding on every server, you should probably check your ping next time you play and see if the problem is on your end, because that's definitely odd.

I have not seen rubberbanding since March when they added the new servers (except for very few times on Naval Strike maps).

Hey guys, I'm looking to get back into battlefield 4 since I've heard that things have gotten better, but I have a few questions.

1. What has changed/improved, for better or worse? What have the CTE patches changed?
  2. How is the overall balance of the game now? Is the game still balanced towards infantry and are helicopters still flying bathtubs? Are there any major unbalanced weapons/vehicles?
  3. How is server population and lag? I live in Australia and intend on playing on the Xbox One.
  4. Would you recommend getting premuim for the all the dlc maps or are there only a select few DLC packs that are worth getting? Do people actually play on the maps or is it like BF3 where everyone just continued to play on the vanilla maps rather than the DLC maps?

fritolay

Do Giants (pref.) E and camp the train and truckbed. I lucked out and got mine in the truck bed. Hanger is a bitch and a half and I TOTALLY lucked out on it popping in on A's Forklift.

Otherwise yeah, welcome to the pain and why I haven't gone for the other two.

I spent HOURS looking for these. Then I did exactly as you said and hung out on Giants at E. In short amount of time I found one in the truck bed. Thanks for the advice!

Hey guys, I'm looking to get back into battlefield 4 since I've heard that things have gotten better, but I have a few questions.

1. What has changed/improved, for better or worse? What have the CTE patches changed? Depends on what platform you are on I believe - console vs PC. I have XB1 and game is stable
  2. How is the overall balance of the game now? Is the game still balanced towards infantry and are helicopters still flying bathtubs? Are there any major unbalanced weapons/vehicles? I think it is balanced. I have played many hours of every class, and vehicles, don't feel there are any glaring unbalanced items
  3. How is server population and lag? I live in Australia and intend on playing on the Xbox One. Healthy
  4. Would you recommend getting premuim for the all the dlc maps or are there only a select few DLC packs that are worth getting? Do people actually play on the maps or is it like BF3 where everyone just continued to play on the vanilla maps rather than the DLC maps? Vanilla are good. DLC varies. Get premium for sale right now it's worth it IMO

How the hell do you rent a server on PS4? i mean, the option " my rented servers" is just gone, while i've seen videos of people having that option recently

Ocho

I've missed drunken squad twice because I log in directly to WoW instead of checking if you guys are online. It was fun while it lasted. Have fun, bastards.

burnfout

How the hell do you rent a server on PS4? i mean, the option " my rented servers" is just gone, while i've seen videos of people having that option recently

I have never ever seen that option, I have no fucking clue why. I know one friend of mine saw the option once, but only once.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've missed drunken squad twice because I log in directly to WoW instead of checking if you guys are online. It was fun while it lasted. Have fun, bastards.

>Playing World of Warcraft
> 2014

LEL. ;)

Ultimate Commander dog tag done, now 148 more sniper kills for the Recon tag!

The last few vehicles uses took forever, it's like people knew I was close and decided to always ignore my vehicles drops.

No, never rented one.

Hmm, where are you located? maybe it's location based

TheSeks

i can legitimately say that i have tunneled an ethernet connection thru dialup and have had less rubberbanding than that. either your ISP sucks or your home setup sucks.

Doubt it. Servers can also lag. Kane knows which server I'm talking about.

Doubt it. Servers can also lag. Kane knows which server I'm talking about.

That wasn't lag though. Not the same the other guy experienced. Faceless Master is right, if you are rubberbanding and having other issues in every server you join, then it's probably an issue on the player's side.

TheSeks

That wasn't lag though. Not the same the other guy experienced. Faceless Master is right, if you are rubberbanding and having other issues in every server you join, then it's probably an issue on the player's side.

Yeah, but that server has hella lag at times. Rubberbanding and stuttering. I have no clue why. The only reason why I play on that server is because, like I told you, it's about the only "non-bullshit" server rule 24/7 mode server in North America. :/ If AoD wasn't bullshit, I'd probably had stuck around there. Same with TBG (despite TBG apparently having Badmins on Conquest) and a few others like RevZ (which actually wasn't that bad in BF3. IIRC their Rush server was 150 max, right?).

Anyway, a lot of the lag issues is probably because of the minimal number of server providers compared to BF3 that EA dropped in BF4.

Martal

Neo Member
Hey guys, I recently got BF4, vanilla. Love it to bits etc, but would like to increase the number or servers I have available to me.

If I would get only 1 expansion pack, which one would you recommend?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If I would get only 1 expansion pack, which one would you recommend?

If you are on Xbox One it would be silly to buy just one instead of Premium for $10 more.
If not, then Premium would be your best bet.

--------

Question though. I just bought Premium, but cannot access Final Stand since it's not shown in the Store. Is there a different way to start the download for it rather than waiting for the 2-week thing to be up?
Edit: Nevermind. It can be accessed through the content menu within BF4.

TheSeks

Finally learned some out of bounds antics on Haian. If snipers are in that out of bounds Mountain/Cabin area, I'm going up there to bow headshot their asses.

t0rment

i can legitimately say that i have tunneled an ethernet connection thru dialup and have had less rubberbanding than that. either your ISP sucks or your home setup sucks.

i wish it were my internet, at least i could do something about it.
and that connection test on the game was good, but i don't know if that really works as a measurement.

Killer

Banned
i have bf4 on pc and ps4 with premium for both. Now i have it on x1 with ea access and thinking getting premium on x1 as well since there's a discount. i feel i spent too much on the game already. I play mostly on x1 on these days and haven't touched ps4 for months. i don't have access to my pc right now.

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom