• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

olimpia84

Now that all the DLCs are out can we please have official servers that mix all the DLC maps? I'm sick of playing the same 4 maps in rotation over and over again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's what the Defibrillator is for...

No charges for console people, until Phantom Dust reloads it anyway.
Provided that remake is good, but even then I'm not sure I'd pay for online.

Now that all the DLCs are out can we please have official servers that mix all the DLC maps? I'm sick of playing the same 4 maps in rotation over and over again.

DICE shall look down and whisper "lol NO. Rent-a-server for that."

No brainers are difficult for DICE apparently.

---

Is it me or does the Levkov have insane drop? Renders the damn thing useless. Not to mention the controls just aren't intuitive.

i would love that, the fan-made servers that have all DLC maps are all either empty or have those stupid "no shotguns/snipers/pistols/knives/rifles/guns/grenades/vehicles" rules.

Dr Prob

Banned
The snowmobile roadkill assignment has rekindled my passion for fucking with people who are attempting to roadkill me. There are few things better in this world.

The snowmobile roadkill assignment has rekindled my passion for fucking with people who are attempting to roadkill me. There are few things better in this world.
By the same token, circling a pair of snipers trying to roadkill them is a joy within itself. Good luck with that pistol!

TheSeks

Too much lag. Darkflow has seen the infamous lag server.

i would love that, the fan-made servers that have all DLC maps are all either empty or have those stupid "no shotguns/snipers/pistols/knives/rifles/guns/grenades/vehicles" rules.

That's because as soon as you add maps from more than one DLC (or vanilla), your server is no longer available to people who quick join. It has to be specifically selected by somebody in the server browser, which means you don't get the random flood of (strange) people who just always select quick join and generally keep the servers populated.

DICE would need to make such servers available to be quick joined for them to work.

TheSeks

Battle(non)sense's CTE proposals for "team play" initiative.

http://youtu.be/ZmuUyq3n77s

I don't necessarily agree with his new UI function as it's just more UI clutter that people will still mostly ignore. If people turn off the "text-chat box" they'd just ignore the UI even if you don't give them the option to turn it off (and trust me, given how much people bitch about "OMG THE UI IS CLUTTERED" since launch, I don't think adding one more is a good idea. Triage makes sense since it was NEEDED to know who to prioritize, especially with the limited "ammo" of charges to revive)

IMO the commorose is cluttered and hinders getting accurate orders out at times. Sometimes I fumble on a "need ride" because my mouse/movement moves to "negative/affirmative" which means I lose my chance of getting a ride. The console-like "context" social button system works slightly better (IMO) but it fumbles when you want a specific request so they both have their pros and cons in regards to teamplay.

(That's not to mention that Affirmative/Negative is SQUAD ONLY while everything else is TEAM. WTF? If someone says TANK AT B, I'd like to acknowledge that other squad/persons call-out with a quick "yes, noted.")

On another note: Levolution being a server trigger on a on/off/transform (trigger) state is being looked into possibly, by DICE-LA. Oman with no sandstorm? YES PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ.

Also Bow whiners about it in Softcore status: [x]Knights of the TOLD Republic

Basically: Git gud or stop using it. It's meant to be a flank weapon. Not a balls-out assault weapon.

TheSeks

Problem is it takes up your primary weapon slot, it should be in the gadget slot like in BF3.

I agree with that. But a lot of people are going "WTF I'M IN CLOSE-QUARTERS AND HIT HIM AND HE DOESN'T DIE. DICE BUFF PLZ."

Meanwhile DICE is like "that's by design. It's not going to get buffed."

The thing is a one-shot kill to the head. If you don't hit them in the head? Switch with Triangle/Y/2 or whatever bound quick-switch key to pistol on PC and finish them off. It's not meant for you to be a head-on throwing arrows at peoples chest and killing them weapon. Similar to the bolt-actions.

Does anyone want to help me get the bow? I have the Giants of Karelia tag. Or if there's a place that would be better to find people you can point me there.
None of my friends care enough to meet the requirements :(

Edit: PS4, btw

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone want to help me get the bow? I have the Giants of Karelia tag. Or if there's a place that would be better to find people you can point me there.

search battlelog for a "phantom tag" server.

TheSeks

Another Battle(non)sense video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inx3SO_qhZE

But I agree with what he said at the end about Hardline. Wait for reviews and don't pre-order the game. That's what I'm going to do. I'll only get it if it really is good and works well online with minimal problems.

*Pokemon encounter music here*

A WILD NEW BATTLE(NON)SENSE VIDEO APPEARS AGAIN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuWT8XcD508

Explains why the "rubber bullets" DarkFlow saw on the infamous lag server is there, I guess.

i got it on one of the bow unlock servers. just join one and check to see if there are people on both sides not fighting near the elevator. it may take a few tries, some trolls are camping the entrance on some servers.

Spl1nter

I want the HFU cone for my sniping. I got killed by admin yesterday for not pushing the objective. They didn't understand how sniping is my objective and I was pushing it to the extreme.

TheSeks

I still need to get knives, but getting bow headshots is taking priority for me right now.

That said, doing both seems to be a "dick move" to me. I flank wide and away from the objective to get the headshots if I can while pistol-primarying people that catch me while I set up my bow on oblivious snipers. Seems the same thing will happen if/when I go for the Knife medal/finishing the Knife assignments. :/ I hate that the gold wasn't unlocked for all the classes if they wanted the medal from the get-go for the assignments as I have like 10-20 more ribbons than the medal needs just from the bronze/silver assignments alone. :/

TheSeks

Did everyone else get like 40 Gold packs? I logged in yesterday and had 39 gold packs sitting there.

Fall patch added Service Star Battlepacks that DICE promised a year ago. Those are from your 40 Service Stars.

olimpia84

Well... I was only there a few mins!

Earlier on it was five of us and we got demolished. We even switched servers to see if we could find some competent randoms and we still lost. When you joined it was only three of us, we never stood a chance =/

TheSeks

BTW it sounds like there is going to be some major announcement(s) after battlefest is over.

That super secret (;) ;) ;)) sixth DLC expansion, probably.

Maybe they'll give us Bad Company 2 AN-94's back. One can only hope. I want my TAPPA-TAPPA-TAPPA back. :(

TheSeks

I have never heard of this concept of losing, please explain it to me. Is it a console thing?

Oh, ho ho ho. I see you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141456001&postcount=3

^^^^^^
y7Oj1jd.gif

And Kane says BC2-series entry people are part of the problem...

I'm pretty sure Metro and some of the other vanilla maps in BF3 wouldn't have been as shitty if they were designed with 64 players in mind.

I don't have much against people who prefer BC2
(even though it is inferior to 3 and especially 4)
, all I want is for mainline BF games to not have elements from the BC games that clearly don't work well in transition. BF4 would've been a much better game if it didn't have 3D spotting, spawn on any squad member, and the 4 class limit.

In the meantime, I'll just keep farming infantry on the ground from 400m in the air in attack jets thanks to 3D spotting.

TheSeks

IBF4 wold've been a much better game if it didn't have 3D spotting, spawn on any squad member, and the 4 class limit.

We'll agree to disagree on this. If Squad spawn was removed, I'd probably stop playing Battlefield. Unless they made smarter "non-Leader" spawn points.

Top Bottom