• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

We'll agree to disagree on this. If Squad spawn was removed, I'd probably stop playing Battlefield. Unless they made smarter "non-Leader" spawn points.

I just think it ruins the flow of the maps when you have 4 people to spawn on on top of being able to spawn on every transport vehicle that has a driver and a spot open. I could of course be wrong about this, but I haven't been convinced otherwise so far.

It was a trick question. The real answer was me.

I repair/gunner whore it out for you all the time, so that must mean I make the biggest impact after all. thanks ocho

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just think it ruins the flow of the maps when you have 4 people to spawn on on top of being able to spawn on every transport vehicle that has a driver and a spot open. I could of course be wrong about this, but I haven't been convinced otherwise so far.

The spawn protection on squad-spawn is the bullshit issue, I agree. But tactical-wise? I disagree. I'd rather have a squad-mate that is behind enemy lines to spawn on than a squad-leader that isn't even anywhere near the line(s) and has to worry about staying alive for the sake of people to spawn on them.

Tubie

3.17gb update on PS4 today.

"- Fix for a commonly occurring crash "

I'm really glad they are fixing this. The new DLC made crashes way more frequent than ever before (at least for me).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
3.17gb update on PS4 today.

"- Fix for a commonly occurring crash "

I'm really glad they are fixing this. The new DLC made crashes way more frequent than ever before (at least for me).

That's... that's not it, is it?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yep, looks like that's all they changed with that patch.

3gb to fix 1 bug lol.

blinking_sword_in_the_stone.gif

TheSeks

Yep, looks like that's all they changed with that patch.

3gb to fix 1 bug lol.

Well, on the bright side: CTE is finally getting the hit marker color change people clamored for since Hardline gave that red-hitmarker-for-headshot indicator.

NOTE: This is after they said they didn't want to do that though. So, DICE-LA capitulating after pulling a DICE-DICE?

Maybe they'll get around to fucking fixing Rush? Maybe? Instead of giving lip service?

Plus that hitmarker change will include non-headshot related stuff. Kill confirmed marker? Want it blue? Can do that. Want regular body shots black? Can do that. Apparently, it's going to be a full RGB color customization. Can't wait to see that.

TheSeks

Based DICE LA

They aren't "based" until they stop blowing smoke up my ass. And you know what exactly I'm talking about from my meltdown on Steam.

Also note that "change" was something they nixed before finally capitulating (and adding more!) to. I'll admit, them adding more than the headshot indicator that Hardline's beta had is a fucking amazing change (making a hit-marker color for "you killed this person" is also SO GODDAMN GOOD. WHY WASN'T THIS IN EARLIER!?) but it took them longer than it should've.

galvenize

Any reason why battlefield recommends auto setting at medium on a high end pc? Of course I can manually set anything but I'm still curious.

i7 4970k
970 4gb
16 ram
win7 64

Lulu23

BF4 Premium PS4 is £29.99 on EU PSN, PS3 is £19.99 with a plus discount. At last I can jump in!

It was like 12€ for the PS3 version recently (which also works on PS4) if you had a PS+ subscription. Too bad I missed that deal, would immediatly pull the trigger. :(

McHuj

I with the bow had better hip fire. It's instant death for me if someone notices me first before I can get the first shot it.

TheSeks

I with the bow had better hip fire. It's instant death for me if someone notices me first before I can get the first shot it.

You shouldn't be using it in hip-fire. You should be flanking people and then ADS/setting up before they know you're there.

Faceless said:
It's happening!?

Not like it's been some big secret since T1gge and others were hinting it for months. But yeah, they announced it on Twitter and CTE yesterday that it should be in a few days.

McHuj

You shouldn't be using it in hip-fire. You should be flanking people and then ADS/setting up before they know you're there.

I'm not doing it intentionally. lol. It's just those "oh fuck" moments, I'm not going to be able to get a shot off nor swith to my pistol. I wish it were a hand gun replacement.

TheSeks

Go with your pistol out. The bow is pretty much wanting you to learn pistol primary with the bow as a back-up/sniper-set-up sort of deal.

TheSeks

Just to note: Dogtags CAN spawn in Final Stand Rush maps. I dunno about Sabotage, but that makes Conquest/Rush able to be gotten. Just had one spawn on a desk in Giants Rush.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Go with your pistol out. The bow is pretty much wanting you to learn pistol primary with the bow as a back-up/sniper-set-up sort of deal.

great advise. I gave up on the bow cause I was always getting caught off guard with it. Time to try again.

TheSeks

I'd use the MP443 (which is my default go-to) or the starting P229 pistol. I wouldn't use the Desert Eagle unless you're comfortable with it and the Rex/Unica/Revolvers are pretty much a "no-go" IMO for pairing with the bow, but if you're ballsy and comfortable with them, go for it.

In unrelated news: Uncharted 4's gameplay looks pretty good. Not "go out and buy me a PS4 right now" good but worth checking out when the PS4 is cheap/>=sub-$300.

Tubie

The PS4 server browser is all screwy.

Try unchecking Normal and Hardcore in the search options, leave that whole column unchecked.

If you try selecting any of those options very few or no servers will show up.

Maybe we need another 3gb patch, this time to fix the browser!

Dr Prob

Banned
Uncheck 'normal' in servers filters and it will fix it from what I understand.

Try unchecking Normal and Hardcore in the search options, leave that whole column unchecked.

If you try selecting any of those options very few or no servers will show up.

Maybe we need another 3gb patch, this time to fix the browser!

I'm on board! The only populated thing showing up on a regular basis is the same goddamn China Rising server.

0h6aMeZ.jpg

Thanks guys, will try tomorrow.

Top Bottom