• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Ocho

Olimpia da god should be playing with us. PC is your true home, join the fun.

mGfdKYT.png

Deleted from friend list.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of which.

LMAO @ last set Hanger 21. What was DICE-LA thinking!?

This is why they needed to pre-Alpha for more than a week and more than "4 days Conquest + 1 map for each day versus 1 day and 1 map for OTHER modes. TROLLFACE.jpg"

We managed to get the first two sets because our team seemed to have used a lot of smoke, MAVs and other useful gadgets to push forward. I think I did a pretty good job at sniping the enemy team and I'm fairly certain that helped quite a bit.

That last set is really dumb, then again I didn't expect us to win in the first place, so meh.

Olimpia da god should be playing with us. PC is your true home, join the fun.

mGfdKYT.png

Deleted from friend list.

What can I say, I'm a masochist.

Smidget

Just bought the game again after trading it in a while back. Have premium and downloaded the new map packs.

Every time I try to join a game I get "Lost connection to the session." I have my static IP PS4 in DMZ mode on my router. NAT Type 2 in network settings. Any ideas?

TheSeks

We managed to get the first two sets because our team seemed to have used a lot of smoke, MAVs and other useful gadgets to push forward. I think I did a pretty good job at sniping the enemy team and I'm fairly certain that helped quite a bit.

That last set is really dumb, then again I didn't expect us to win in the first place, so meh.

I have yet to actually play those maps on that mode the way DICE intended (32 players) 64 players is just straight up dumb. All the maps devolve into "all the sets are taken until the last one where the defense has to REALLY dig in and bleed 150-250 tickets (because the server is dumb) to win." Hammerhead's is just as bad with 64 players because the side doors/flank routes can be watched by 3 people while 32 players are trying to get into the middle/sides to even reach the crates.

Hanger is just bad all around. You have to abuse smoke
Good luck with that!
to reach B because it's literally just in a hall on first set. Then you start to climb the mountain. Blech.

Giants wouldn't be too bad if the defense had armor to help with the height advantage the attackers get with the Amtrac and LAV for most of that map.

Whiteout is just poor all around with a lot of choke points, crossing a no-mans land. Otherwise it probably isn't too bad on 32 players outside of that stupid MRAP IFV on the map.

Chaplain

grind is real

I rented it because I got tired of games always heating up, becoming really challenging try to defend or take a base, and then the tickets running out. This way, everyone gets a chance to get to know the map, their team's gameplay style, and then work together to win the game.

I am open to suggestions on changing what maps people would like to have. Just let me know what you guys want. ^_^

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I rented it because I got tired of games always heating up, becoming really challenging try to defend or take a base, and then the tickets running out. This way, everyone gets a chance to get to know the map, their team's gameplay style, and then work together to win the game.

I am open to suggestions on changing what maps people would like to have. Just let me know what you guys want. ^_^

High tickets is punishment to defenders.

Facism

german server continue to baffle with their servers set to autoban on a single swear word.

Oh no won't someone thing of the children in the war simulator where soldiers in the game routinely swear.

TheSeks

german server continue to baffle with their servers set to autoban on a single swear word.

Oh no won't someone thing of the children in the war simulator where soldiers in the game routinely swear.

There's also the ping limit if you're a spectator as well. I can't join to laugh at you because LOL TOO HIGH A PING DESPITE BEING IN 180ping WHICH ISN'T 200+ SO CAN'T LAG THE SERVER TOO SEVERELY. *kick kick kick*

400% RUSH

lol

Anything above 150% Rush.

lol

Anything above 32 player Rush.

lol lol.
SMH PC community for 64-player Rush.

Facism

There's also the ping limit if you're a spectator as well. I can't join to laugh at you because LOL TOO HIGH A PING DESPITE BEING IN 180ping WHICH ISN'T 200+ SO CAN'T LAG THE SERVER TOO SEVERELY. *kick kick kick

probably for the best, i get some douche anger come out with this game when everyone plays it like TDM and i still outkill them by PTFO.

TheSeks

i guess 400% would be better for me getting these last 16 Marksman medals.

Naval Strike. The... forgetting the name name. The one with the plane. Starting set. Snipe from the "mountain" to the carrier. If idiot attackers are sniping from there (and they most likely are) it's ~500-600 meters.

One head shot = one ribbon. Farm it.

Spl1nter

A bunch of us got banned from one of the most popular NA servers for testing there language ban filter. I think mine was "nigeria is a country located in africa" and norua was "that is anti-semetic, im jewish." jew and nigerian are swear words supposedly. Good times.

Sh1ner

Got some questions for you guys.

I am getting back in bf4 with my friends. I got 30 hours in it roughly. Is it worth me picking up Premium for the maps?
I would prefer new weapon unlocks but my weapon class of choice are DMRs specifically SKS and the SCAR-SV in any class. I guess I lose out here with the new expansions.
I also prefer team deathmatch and no vehicle games. Not really a fan of conquest at the moment, this may change though as I have a group of friends who may be jumping into BF4 with me in a squad.

I been told I can get the expansion for 20 something pounds in the UK. What's the cheapest I can get it for?

Naval Strike. The... forgetting the name name. The one with the plane. Starting set. Snipe from the "mountain" to the carrier. If idiot attackers are sniping from there (and they most likely are) it's ~500-600 meters.

One head shot = one ribbon. Farm it.

Don't do this. This is what assholes do.

Three 75m headshots equals one Marksman medal. You can get three or four per round playing normally if you aim for heads. Even with iron sights.

Facism

A bunch of us got banned from one of the most popular NA servers for testing there language ban filter. I think mine was "nigeria is a country located in africa" and norua was "that is anti-semetic, im jewish." jew and nigerian are swear words supposedly. Good times.

amazing. The most ludicrous ban i got was for "lol i'm an idiot" after setting c4 on a tank and setting it off before i was a safe distance away, killing myself.

TheSeks

Yes, Premium is worth it.

amazing. The most ludicrous ban i got was for "lol i'm an idiot" after setting c4 on a tank and setting it off before i was a safe distance away, killing myself.

Should've just typed "#worthit" like I do when I kill myself near a tank and take a few people out.

Nvzman

Why does this matter in an M-rated game
9:30 Eastern. Also 11:00 AM Eastern tomorrow for a few hours.

Bro!
the fuck is eastern

What platform? I only have the PS4 version.

McHuj

So I double dipped and picked up the PC version as well over BF. Now I noticed some rubber banding that I haven't seen on the PS4 (I'm walking an suddenly snap back), is this common still on the PC?

Is there anything I can do to improve on my PC (connection: low ping server and 100Mb cable modem, PC: 3770k/GTX970). Any network settings on my side or things I need change in either windows or my router?

TheSeks

It's nothing on your side. Server providers were cut down from BF3 to 4 by like half. EA cost-cutting measures. A lot of server providers are just shitty in BF4. :/

Chaplain

I changed the name of the server and made it into a normal conquest server.

NeoGaf Server PS4

Any suggestions are welcome. Please remember I do not know most of the settings and will probably need some help in changing them if people want specific settings.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I haven't had the stupid revive glitch happen to me for a long time, but since the new 3GB patch, I'm starting to get it again. It's such bullshit.

TheSeks

I haven't had the stupid revive glitch happen to me for a long time, but since the new 3GB patch, I'm starting to get it again. It's such bullshit.

It's never going to be fixed, no matter how much I rabble in CTE. :(

Top Bottom