• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Bombless

Speaking of Oman and different modes from Rush and Conquest:

Oman Sabotage has the RU team (IIRC) spawn in the water with water vehicles and like NO [read: NONE] land vehicles) while the US team gets land vehicles with like 2-3 tanks.

WTF DICE?

Spetznaz don't need to babby armoured vehicles. They're REAL MEN.

Don't just play conquest - try rush, ctf, obliteration, and domination.

those modes in 32 player are a lot of fun.

Domination and Obliteration are both terrible game modes. Haven't touched them since beta. Rush isn't bad, but the maps in Battlefield 4 are not designed with it in mind therefore it just does not "work" like it did in Bad Company.

CTF is a game mode I enjoy, but there are very few people playing it which is a shame.

Kabuto

I got the Gol Magnum! It was such a stressful round to get it haha.

Went to the Tower with an LMG and got 3 kills with it/2 kills with a picked up sniper kit.

Parachuted off and died

Got 4 more kills with my best sniper loadout, the M40A5 with a 4x scope.

I'm so happy :]]]

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PROMOTED.

1798148_10100449686199065_192527236_n.jpg

1897914_10100449686029405_1300340049_n.jpg

1743475_10100449686154155_218257982_n.jpg

In a cruel-twist of Irony Metro Rush Defense is the round I got 100 in.

Time to "Prestige" with these 200% exp boosters I got.

Minion101

Banned
I wouldn't give them any money until they fix the current major crash bug. Odds are probably good you wouldn't be affected by it but if you are you would rue the day you spent money on this game.

I paid $20 and have put 140 hours into the game. Broke-ass Battlefield is still more fun than most games.

Domination and Obliteration are both terrible game modes. Haven't touched them since beta. Rush isn't bad, but the maps in Battlefield 4 are not designed with it in mind therefore it just does not "work" like it did in Bad Company.

CTF is a game mode I enjoy, but there are very few people playing it which is a shame.
Which platform are you on? On the PS4 I've had no problems finding full CTF games.

I got the Gol Magnum! It was such a stressful round to get it haha.

Went to the Tower with an LMG and got 3 kills with it/2 kills with a picked up sniper kit.

Parachuted off and died

Got 4 more kills with my best sniper loadout, the M40A5 with a 4x scope.

I'm so happy :]]]
I've never touched a sniper rifle before this assignment. I've only managed to get two kills on the Caspian tower because some idiots just laid down on the flag to reset it. People like destroying that tower way too much. I think that for the final three I'll just throw up some claymores at the elevator and kill other people on the tower rather than try to snipe.

----------------------------

I can't believe the disparity in the playercounts. There were even more on today (around 80k) during peak European hours. Even with peak US hours being 20k less, the PS4 still has huge headroom on any other platform.

5nptXP7.png

http://bf4stats.com/

Rush isn't bad, it's fucking terrible.

Which platform are you on? On the PS4 I've had no problems finding full CTF games.

PC.

I just checked and right this second, there are only four CTF servers total to choose from. One's ping is over 90, and I don't join servers whose ping is greater than 70 or 80 so really all I have to choose from is three. And all three are full -- one with 64 players, two with 32.

PC.

I just checked and right this second, there are only four CTF servers total to choose from. One's ping is over 90, and I don't join servers whose ping is greater than 70 or 80 so really all I have to choose from is three. And all three are full -- one with 64 players, two with 32.

That sucks, CTF is so good. What is the current trend for PC servers? 24/7 Locker + Metro 3000 ticket 64-player Conquest?

Buy a PS4 and join us in CTF bliss. ;)

Kabuto

I've never touched a sniper rifle before this assignment. I've only managed to get two kills on the Caspian tower because some idiots just laid down on the flag to reset it. People like destroying that tower way too much. I think that for the final three I'll just throw up some claymores at the elevator and kill other people on the tower rather than try to snipe.

----------------------------

I can't believe the disparity in the playercounts. There were even more on today (around 80k) during peak European hours. Even with peak US hours being 20k less, the PS4 still has huge headroom on any other platform.

5nptXP7.png

http://bf4stats.com/

I did it on Firestorm because you're right Caspian's tower usually goes down a few minutes into the round.

Is there a way to see the maximum amount of players ever logged into the game? I am really surprised PC has the second lowest amount of players and am wondering if people just dropped it from all of the problems the game has had.

Maybe it's just me, but when I'm playing on the Second Assault rotation, I barely ever play Metro. I've only played one game on it, actually. It's almost entirely Oman and Caspian Border.

TheSeks

Well... nearly Prestige 1. So I'm done for today. Hands cramping from about 12 hours off and on playing.

Someone asked earlier about the alt-routes to Metro:

Minimap included for location pin-pointing, but it's on the way to "third set" in Rush. Can't miss it.

To go back to Sabotage:

Vanilla/China Rising. No issues here, sets are spread out. You'd think Second Assault/BF3's ported maps would do the same thing, yeah?

DICE said:

uOuzSWM.jpg

WHY.jpg :/

Man, they really need to add a timer around revive icons so I know whether or not to take the risk of running my ass to a fallen victim.

Reviving is so neutered and discouraged in this game as is, just wish they'd make it more attractable.

Also, can someone explain spotting:

In this game, if you spot someone and lose sight of them, does the spotting disappear? I feel so dirty and cheap spotting someone miles away just by spamming R1.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Finally got some real time on the Second Assault maps and I'm really impressed. The visual updates on them are great. Metro, especially.

I'm on PS4 and motion blur also seems to be more prominent on those maps, for some reason. Looks nice.

Man, they really need to add a timer around revive icons so I know whether or not to take the risk of running my ass to a fallen victim.

Reviving is so neutered and discouraged in this game as is, just wish they'd make it more attractable.

Another huge issue with the defibs is that they don't work half the time. At least in BF3 Metro you had people constantly reviving you. In BF4 Metro everyone and their mother is just packing LVGs and maybe a medic bag.

Instead of giving 4 classes so many options in equipment, they should have just made more than 4 classes to begin with. Now I have to hope that the Support player near me has an ammo box (The icon for the class is a bunch of bullets ffs), on top of spamming "REQUEST AMMO" for the next 3 minutes until he gets the hint.

On another note, at some point while I was playing I was on the hilltop on Caspian and it felt like half the damn enemy team were trying to shoot me with their DMRs. Seriously, it's driving me fucking nuts, I don't understand why DICE thought giving those guns that annoying as fuck sound was a good idea.

There's just so many design choices that I heavily disagree with in this game.

Still waiting on that active radar nerf.

Also, can someone explain spotting:

In this game, if you spot someone and lose sight of them, does the spotting disappear? I feel so dirty and cheap spotting someone miles away just by spamming R1.

When you spot someone, they will appear on the minimap and if you or anyone else has the spotted enemy on your screen, they get a special dorito on top of their heads as well.

This happens for a set period of time, so yes, if you spot someone and look away they will still be spotted for a few seconds.

Game seems to be running ok now, no more big frame drops all the time(was dropping from 60-15 for a second or two constantly). Am having quite a bit of fun again.

Before I stopped playing for a while I was working on getting a 100 Kill star with each weapon. Working on Carbines at the moment and managed to get 3 more completed today. Now I am up to the A-91 which I am terrible with. This is going to suck!

Not looking forward to doing the Sniper Rifles. I hate Recon.

EDIT: Now I can't join any servers lol.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems like Engineer is the most popular class. I feel like if I need ammo or a medic there's never one around.

also, I really wish the MTAR didn't look like crap with paint on it. Figures that my favorite gun would be the one that barely changes when you paint it.

antonz

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems like Engineer is the most popular class. I feel like if I need ammo or a medic there's never one around.

also, I really wish the MTAR didn't look like crap with paint on it. Figures that my favorite gun would be the one that barely changes when you paint it.

DICE needs to diversify the classes more with stricter weapon restrictions. Until they do that engineer will be the main favorite because it has the anti-armor stuff and access to pretty much the best guns in the game.

Why play anything else if you have a total package class. what's the point of the PDW class of weapons being exclusive to engineer considering any engy using them is basically nerfing themselves

Milennia

DICE needs to diversify the classes more with stricter weapon restrictions. Until they do that engineer will be the main favorite because it has the anti-armor stuff and access to pretty much the best guns in the game.

Why play anything else if you have a total package class. what's the point of the PDW class of weapons being exclusive to engineer considering any engy using them is basically nerfing themselves

It doesnt have access to the best weapons, which gimps the class in terms of infantry play when going against an assault class.

however since the community is portioned in such a one sided direction, thats hardly ever the case.

that and the fact that you can do well with pretty much any weapon in a pub game.
but this conversation has been had countless times in this thread.

Elzar killed HaloGAF

Engineer has been the most popular for, like, ever.

See, I actually prefer recon for anti armor. Carbine+Motion Sensor+C4 is how you get things done.

Minion101

Banned
Finally got some real time on the Second Assault maps and I'm really impressed. The visual updates on them are great. Metro, especially.

I'm on PS4 and motion blur also seems to be more prominent on those maps, for some reason. Looks nice.

The blue tint is gone I assume.

Omni

Is it just me, or are the stats in-game different to those on Battlelog? In-game it says I have a 2.96 K/D but on Battelog I have a 3.1

It feels like I'm being insta-killed waaay more often now, like 99% of the time. I see a guy, get shot once with an assault rifle and I drop before I have time to react.

Mafro

Yeah I barely play anything other than engineer. It feels almost essential to have a rocket launcher due to the ridiculous amount of tanks on some levels, plus the choice between having the AS VAL, MTAR or M39 EMR and being able to repair vehicles.

I sometimes play as recon if I need to counter-snipe, but for the most part it's engineer. I've levelled up assault a little bit, and I've hardly touched support.

Jrmint

Is there anyway to customize your loadouts outside of a match in game? I know you can do it on battlelog, but I've searched everywhere in game and cannot find it for the life of me

I'm working towards Platinum trophy in the base game and can't get it due to glitched trophies/assignments. Can anyone offer some advice? Here's the situation.

Peace Maker (Campaign) - assignment NOT showing unlocked on Battlefield 4 on PS4 in menu My Soldier > Awards > Assignments

Peace Maker (Campaign) - assignment on Battelog IS showing unlocked

P90 unlocked on Battlelog and usable in game

Trophies - I've finished the game with all 3 endings and have the trophies associated with these including "For the cause - sacrifice Hannah" which is the one associated with Peacemaker assignment yet I don't have the trophy "Patience is a virtue - experience all 3 endings" and the trophies for completing all assignments and collectibles (even though I have).

Anyone offer some advice. I've played through the last mission several times and don't have the will-power to stomach the campaign from the beginning again and collect every collectible again. But if it's a "guaranteed fix" I guess I'll do it. I assume I need to completely delete my battlefield 4 save file from the ps4? Not just restart the campaign with the existing PS4 save file?

Acorn

Anyone got that roof collapsing trophy for metro? Any tips?

Nobody gets anywhere near C for me to destroy the roof there.

Anyone got that roof collapsing trophy for metro? Any tips?

Nobody gets anywhere near C for me to destroy the roof there.

I have that trophy, and I've never fought anywhere but the chokepoints at B. I assume I knocked the ceiling down by spamming the M320 LVG.

olimpia84

Now I understand where all this Op Metro hate came from PC players in BF3. This map is nearly impossible to beat as the US side with 64 people, not even with all the new areas they added. Do the lazy fucks at DICE even play test their own maps before they release them?

I'm working towards Platinum trophy in the base game and can't get it due to glitched trophies/assignments. Can anyone offer some advice? Here's the situation.

Peace Maker (Campaign) - assignment NOT showing unlocked on Battlefield 4 on PS4 in menu My Soldier > Awards > Assignments

Peace Maker (Campaign) - assignment on Battelog IS showing unlocked

P90 unlocked on Battlelog and usable in game

Trophies - I've finished the game with all 3 endings and have the trophies associated with these including "For the cause - sacrifice Hannah" which is the one associated with Peacemaker assignment yet I don't have the trophy "Patience is a virtue - experience all 3 endings" and the trophies for completing all assignments and collectibles (even though I have).

Anyone offer some advice. I've played through the last mission several times and don't have the will-power to stomach the campaign from the beginning again and collect every collectible again. But if it's a "guaranteed fix" I guess I'll do it. I assume I need to completely delete my battlefield 4 save file from the ps4? Not just restart the campaign with the existing PS4 save file?

Replay either the Kunlum Mountains or Singapore levels and it will probably unlock. Some of the SP campaign trophies are glitched but they show up eventually if you replay certain missions.

Now I understand where all this Op Metro hate came from PC players in BF3. This map is nearly impossible to beat as the US side with 64 people, not even with all the new areas they added. Do the lazy fucks at DICE even play test their own maps before they release them?

They play test, but using their own "gentlemens" rules. They probably don't use grenades and give each other turns to cap B.

zma1013

I did the 5 kills on the tower for the Gol sniper rifle and then got a sniper ribbon in the next match and it says I did neither. Ugh.

game is incredibly fun on PS4, I love it way more than BF3. Most of the maps are great too. They really need to fix the rubberbanding lag though! So freaking annoying

TheSeks

I did the 5 kills on the tower for the Gol sniper rifle and then got a sniper ribbon in the next match and it says I did neither. Ugh.

IT HAS TO BE IN A ROUND

SnoopBlingee.gif

The ONLY Second Assault Assignment that is weapon-based that is NOT in a round is the M60. That is 2 Anti-vehicles in one round and the 5 vehicle destroys will carry over.

It's an awful map on 32-players as well. It was awful on PS3 as well, come on man. It's not a good map.

In fact that map on 64-players shows my experience playing 64-player Rush
still have to do it on BF4 since that's about the only servers open... *sigh*
on BF3 maps. You think you've seen bad? Try going through doorways when five or six people are wanting to go through on Bazaar first set.

Top Bottom