• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Dr Prob

Banned
reddit thread concerning today's announcement

roFH3VY.png

The What

MP only 2143
4 classes with preset loadouts
No unlocks
Proper Titan mode
Post launch support/DLC
$30

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't want to live in a world where 2143 would have no unlocks and is only a small spinoff like 1943.

2143 needs to have the unlocks and customization like 2142 and should be a full fledged game.

Facism

considering that the premium calendar has been goatse stretched, would it be safe to assume that this next content will fall under the scheme?

considering that the premium calendar has been goatse stretched, would it be safe to assume that this next content will fall under the scheme?

There is something seriously wrong with you...and I like it.

At this point in time, I'll take anything that works at launch. GAMING IN 2014.

I don't want to live in a world where 2143 would have no unlocks and is only a small spinoff like 1943.

2143 needs to have the unlocks and customization like 2142 and should be a full fledged game.
Unlocks and customization are a cancer to the series. 1943 was the best because there was none.

Dr Prob

Banned
In that thread he goes on to say that it's something we want but aren't expecting and that it's different but also good.

Is he breaking up with us?

Tubie

I'm fine with the unlock system just tone it down a bit, and/or let people pick which things they want to unlock first for each weapon.

The assignment weapon unlocks they can eliminate. It makes player play in a certain way just to unlock that gun/gadget faster, and that is usually detrimental to the team that player is in.

Nvzman

I'm fine with the unlock system just tone it down a bit, and/or let people pick which things they want to unlock first for each weapon.

The assignment weapon unlocks they can eliminate. It makes player play in a certain way just to unlock that gun/gadget faster, and that is usually detrimental to the team that player is in.
I agree with this. I like unlock systems way more than most do, but the assignments can fuck off.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Tell me what you and others want for the server, and I will oblige. ^_~

No snipers.
No lock-on weapons unless a target is painted. (I would prefer tracer dart'd, but hey...)

Wow I just made BC2. But better, because no snipers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This announcement cannot hold up to the hype.

It already isn't with T1gge backing away from "THIS IS THE BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER." to "ANNOUNCEMENT OF AN ANNOUNCEMENT."

How do you disable snipers or turn off lock-on weapons? I do not see those options in server settings. Here is what I see for server settings:

You can't. Even on PC you can't limit weapon selections. You have to use a plug-in (not possible on consoles) to "police" and kick/ban people for violating it.

Chaplain

Conquest Large-only on Naval Strike, Final Stand, Propaganda, Caspian, Oman, Golmud, Paracel, and Rogue.

In the shots showing the server settings, there is nothing to select specific maps. On the previous page I can select map packs. If you know how to select specific maps please tell me how, and I will change the server before I leave to do some errands.

Chaplain

Rush across vanilla and DLC. No Flood Zone, no Pearl Market, no Hangar 21. of.

I just need to know how to select specific maps because I do not know where this option is in the servers settings.

You can't. Even on PC you can't limit weapon selections. You have to use a plug-in (not possible on consoles) to "police" and kick/ban people for violating it.

Hopefully, Dice allows more options for renting servers then. What I have seen so far for the money I spent is not good. Not to mention having to log on to the PS4 to do any changes instead of just going to a website to do changes.

I was just joking.

Got it. lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm an idiot. Why didn't I jump on premium when it was discounted?

I didn't know the latest map pack was an homage to 2142...

Eh... there's a cheesy railgun battle pickup that spawns in one place on the map. And a remote-flying death-pill future-bot thing, and a hover tank that somehow controls worse than all BF vehicles in history combined and raised to the power of ten.

And a bow that 99% of people who own premium or bought the expansion will never touch.

Not really anything to get too excited about.

Pennybags

Eh... there's a cheesy railgun battle pickup that spawns in one place on the map. And a remote-flying death-pill future-bot thing, and a hover tank that somehow controls worse than all BF vehicles in history combined and raised to the power of ten.

And a bow that 99% of people who own premium or bought the expansion will never touch.

Not really anything to get too excited about.

Well then. I'll probably wait for Battlefront and only play the base game through Access every now and then. I do have enough games at the moment.

Spl1nter

I personally expect to see a number of BF3 maps with the rest of B2K either right before or after Q4.

Than they will probably make 4 complete remakes. Should do 1 from 1942 (Market or El Alamein, 1 from BF2 (Dalian/Oil/Mashtuur), 1 from 2142 (Suez/Gibraltar), 1 from BC2 (Arica).

Based on how long it takes them to produce maps, that would come out in Summer 2015. Than Battlefront hits.

Also might see night mode on some maps. Wonder if they would do Karkand at night.

Tubie

I'm glad they are supporting BF4 for another year or more, maybe they know how hard Hardline is going to bomb.

They should just make Hardline a map pack for BF4, I bet that game's community dies within a month of release.

Dr Prob

Banned
I just need to know how to select specific maps because I do not know where this option is in the servers settings.

Looks like you just highlight Map Rotation then follow the button prompts at the bottom of the screen. After that, setting up and saving your different rotations should be fairly simple.

Unfortunately, keeping your server populated will more than likely prove to be tricky business.

TheSeks

Retconned out of existence.

Not like anyone would vote anything but "BRIDGE TOO FAR" from that.

(which, BTW I don't really care for)

(For the record: I'm not fond of BC2: Vietnam's maps [with the exception of Hastings which was hilarious 5 minute round overs due to set design being back-to-back-to-back-to-back], but I'd take them over Oasis ANY day.)

Though if I had to pick 4:

-Deconstruction
-Oman unfucked/BF3
-Arica
-Port Valadez.

(If 5: Panama Canal Conquest with a few more flags)

Honorable mention to Sharqi.

And yes, I voted for Metro as a troll.

Chaplain

Looks like you just highlight Map Rotation then follow the button prompts at the bottom of the screen. After that, setting up and saving your different rotations should be fairly simple.

Unfortunately, keeping your server populated will more than likely prove to be tricky business.

Ty. I changed the maps to some that I enjoy in all map packs.

Let me know which maps people want and modes. I will use the ones I made today and change the server again tomorrow.

NeoGaf Best Maps Server PS4

Commanders have also been disabled on the server.

Not like anyone would vote anything but "BRIDGE TOO FAR" from that.

(which, BTW I don't really care for)

(For the record: I'm not fond of BC2: Vietnam's maps [with the exception of Hastings which was hilarious 5 minute round overs due to set design being back-to-back-to-back-to-back], but I'd take them over Oasis ANY day.)

Though if I had to pick 4:

-Deconstruction
-Oman unfucked/BF3
-Arica
-Port Valadez.

(If 5: Panama Canal Conquest with a few more flags)

Honorable mention to Sharqi.

And yes, I voted for Metro as a troll.

Operation Riverside =/= Operation Metro

And why did you pick almost every damn map from multiple games lol. At least you voted for Alborz Mountains, so there's that. Wait you also voted for the total irredeemable pieces of shit that are Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, and Tehran Highway too wtf

Karkand better make it into the game.

TheSeks

Because if I had it my way, I'd port BC1 and 2's maps into BF4 and never touch the rest of BF4's maps.

Deconstruction 24/7? Yes plz. Par for the Course? Yes, please.

Same with most of BF3's maps, I may give them shit about the choke points but at least they were (even by your own admission) playable on 64 player Rush, so if idiots are going to continue to play 64-Rush on PC, I might as well play Bazaar on it.

hey man, I never said they were playable per se, they were fun clusterfucks. Fun, but clusterfucks nonetheless.

God, those ridiculous attack jets and SOFLAM spam on Kharg first set, amazing stuff.

TheSeks

hey man, I never said they were playable per se, they were fun clusterfucks. Fun, but clusterfucks nonetheless.

God, those ridiculous attack jets and SOFLAM spam on Kharg first set, amazing stuff.

Yeah, but at least they were stupid clusterfucks instead of general clusterfucks.

In all honesty from BF3 I'd take:

-Sharqi
-Oman (Rush unfucked with. Fuck your water insertions in that mode, DICE)
-Karakand, maybe. I never have been fond of it.
-Damavand
-Caspian (but BF4's remake looks really good and plays well)
-Alborz Mountain
-Armored Shield (these two need a redesign in Rush, but Conquest wise they're mostly fine)
-Bandar Desert
-Kiasar Railroad
-Nebandan Flats (with the motorcycles still included)
-Operation Riverside
-Epicenter
-Markaz Monolith
-Talah Market
-Azadi Palace

Mayyyybe, Mayyyybe Seine and Bazaar, but that's about it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Both Seine and Bazaar could've been good Rush maps if they had even a few more flanking routes. Not placing the M-COMs in terrible positions would've helped too.

Armored Shield is like the only DLC map from BF3 where I just found it really boring. I don't think it was bad by any means, it just didn't seem interesting at all IMO.

TheSeks

Armored Shield is like the only DLC map from BF3 where I just found it really boring. I don't think it was bad by any means, it just didn't seem interesting at all IMO.

I actually liked the maps, even on PS3 where they were "barren" and had pop-in issues since they weren't totally built for 256mb RAM.

Alborz especially. I just wish they made the mountains (and it's an issue that persists in BF4) a bit more "infantry friendly" as you'd climb a slope only to find an angle that suddenly wouldn't let you climb any further so you'd start to jump/etc and slide backwards.

Same with vehicles. In BF4 I like Altai Range because it's the same as Alborz where infantry can run around on huge maps while vehicles focus on each other but vehicles have "the elevation problem" that infantry had on Alborz.

Plus, I REALLY love the mountain-to-forest transition set one and the mountain on the map has. DICE really needs more transitions like that in the maps, IMO. It's like the only one that felt "natural" to me in regards to thinking it wouldn't be out of place outside of the game.

Top Bottom