• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So BF4 GAF, what's your favorite map theme song!?

Mine has to be Altai Range. Every time that map comes up, that theme song just pumps me up!

SteveWD40

I grabbed BF4 cheap, thinking of grabbing Premium (PC) but, are we likely to get future DLC included or are EA going to nickel and dime us?

Someone recreated the survey but now you can view the results (from that particular community). The pattern from that survey.

Most popular ATM.

Omaha Beach and None of them (tied at 11%)

BF Vietnam

None of them

BF2

Strike at Karkand

BF 2142

None of them

BFBC

None of them

BFBC2

Arica Harbour

BFBC2 Vitenam

None of them (however unlike the rest of 'none of them' Hill 137 is right on its tail)

BF3

Noshar and Grand Bazaar tied.

Why do people like Nosehairs so much? It was a terrible map. It was so easy to trap the US team on the carrier.

Kharg is the best vanilla map from BF3 that already isn't in BF4.

Seine Crossing and Damavand too really? They were way too infantry focused to be good in Conquest 64.

Why do people like Nosehairs so much? It was a terrible map. It was so easy to trap the US team on the carrier.

Kharg is the best vanilla map from BF3 that already isn't in BF4.

Kharg is such a good map. So many different ways to play that map and they're all valid.

Also, I really hope Arica Harbor gets brought back. Such a stellar fucking map.

Dr Prob

Banned

It had the capacity to be very bad in conquest but was actually decent in rush; kind of a wash. I strongly suspect that most of the love comes from the crane-climbing, shipping container-camping segment of deathmatch people WHO SHOULD ALL BE DISENFRANCHISED!

Yeah, but at least they were stupid clusterfucks instead of general clusterfucks.

In all honesty from BF3 I'd take:

-Sharqi
-Oman (Rush unfucked with. Fuck your water insertions in that mode, DICE)
-Karakand, maybe. I never have been fond of it.
-Damavand
-Caspian (but BF4's remake looks really good and plays well)
-Alborz Mountain
-Armored Shield (these two need a redesign in Rush, but Conquest wise they're mostly fine)
-Bandar Desert
-Kiasar Railroad
-Nebandan Flats (with the motorcycles still included)
-Operation Riverside
-Epicenter
-Markaz Monolith
-Talah Market
-Azadi Palace

Mayyyybe, Mayyyybe Seine and Bazaar, but that's about it.
Real Talk: I would gladly accept a set list of Armored Shield, Kiasar Railroad, Operation Riverside and Markaz Monolith.

It had the capacity to be very bad in conquest but was actually decent in rush; kind of a wash. I strongly suspect that most of the love comes from the crane-climbing, shipping container-camping segment of deathmatch people WHO SHOULD ALL BE DISENFRANCHISED!
I thought all the love was from TDM dudebros.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I grabbed BF4 cheap, thinking of grabbing Premium (PC) but, are we likely to get future DLC included or are EA going to nickel and dime us?

It's included. They expanded the Premium calendar.

@Faceless: Sharqi is the top one for me. Outside of the last set being in the infamous hotel hell room for B, I actually like that map in Rush, Conquest Assault and Team Deathmatch. Just a pretty good all around map.

For BC2 it'd be Port Valadez and Arica, for sure.

BC1: Deconstruction, naturally. I've been wanting that to make a remake for ages now.

I'm sure all 300 people who play Rush on PS4 will love that then.

The maps should cater to the best Conquest experience first since most of the maps were built with only Conquest in mind and Conquest is the main game mode that most people play.

Edit: Holy crap Samsung auto correct.

I'm sure all 300 people who play Rush on PS4 will love that then.

The maps should cater to the best Conquest experience first since most of the maps were built with only Conquest in mind and Conquest is the main game mode that most people play.

Edit: Holy crap Samsung auto correct.

"Most people" are morons. This is a statistically unassailable position.

Overdoziz

Banned
Conquest is awes
residentsleeper.png

Mahonay

Banned
By far I enjoy Conquest Large the most out of any other game types, but I'll do some Rush with the Gaffers that prefer it. It's fun when you're attacking an arming point as a squad and things just click. Feels like some Navy Seals type shit. Just don't fuck up or you'll be doing laps for General Supper.

Any PS4 GAF plan on being on today? I'm going to jump on around 4:30 EST if I can. And definitely later tonight.

Kak.efes

People are just way too sensitive. Lostsupper is good people, so is his girl for that matter. Always fun playing them, Dan, Boa, Bong, and others.

As for maps, it's alright to enjoy both conquest and rush. If I had to choose four, I'd pick Damavand (which was probably the ultimate rush map), Noshair, Kharg, and Karkand.

Tubie

Why am I only seeing like.. 10 last stand servers when filtering for last stand? All other filter settings are default.

Console?

In the search options make sure you click off normal and hardcore, leave that whole column unchecked. I just checked and found 30+ FS servers on PS4.

Server browser has been semi-broken since the last patch/dlc.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Why am I only seeing like.. 10 last stand servers when filtering for last stand? All other filter settings are default.

I'm on PS4 and I was getting some weirdly low server counts too. I mean, it's always lower than the Battlelog browser (for some stupid reason), but I could hardly find anything.

TheSeks

Your filters are fucked. I just unchecked: Normal, Rush/Sabo (Competitive)/Sabo and North American servers only and had about 30+ servers on the list.

That's with "free spots: 1-10+; Ranked and Official" checked as well.

Probably because final stand is the worst map pack ever made.
Nice try, but I've played China Rising.

The server browser hasn't worked correctly in a few weeks. In a related note, most times when I load Bf4 it tells me it can't retrieve my battlepacks and list connection to online.

None of the map packs have been solid 4/4 hits.

Second Assault, only Oman and Caspian are good.
China Rising, Silk Road is the only one I remember.
Naval Strike, Lost Islands sucks.
Dragon's Teeth, only Propaganda and Sunken Dragon are good.
Final Stand, Whiteout and Hammerhead sucks.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Shame that Final Stand didn't add any new weapons or game-modes. At least we're getting more content further down the line.

Tubie

The only maps I really hate are Dragon's Teeth maps.

I love all Naval strike maps, the rest of the DLC maps I find passable with a few that I might like a bit more than that.

Overdoziz

Banned
Still makes me sad that there's so many DLC maps for the past few Battlefield games and most of it gets wasted because you can barely find any servers playing them months after release. Really wish they would just make the map packs free after a certain amount of time. Or better yet; just add some way to buy cosmetic bullshit items ingame and make the maps themselves free from the get-go.

This is why I'm so iffy about getting Premium. The new maps mostly suck.

Kabuto

China Rising: Guilin Peaks is good; Dragon Pass is possibly the worst map in the game.

Second Assault: Caspian Border is the only one that is fun to play on. Firestorm is gross, Metro is Metro, and Oman is meh.

Naval Strike: Wave Breaker is really good and the other three are decent if there are no Commanders.

Dragon's Teef: I like all the maps, but Sunken Dragon sucks if you don't get C immediately.

Final Stand: I also like all these maps, but the E/F side of Whiteout sucks for infantry.

TheSeks

Shame that Final Stand didn't add any new weapons or game-modes. At least we're getting more content further down the line.

Not that big of a deal. Not having to do assignments to unlock weapons I paid for = good thing.

On an unrelated note:

Master Race can rent House of CODs this weekend, think I'm going to spend time downloading that to blow through the singleplayer for Kevin Spacey.

TheSeks

Oh damn. Steam's twitter lied. It's just the multiplayer. Ho-hum. Maybe next time they'll let me go through Kevin Spacey's House of CODs adventure for a weekend. :/

TheSeks

Competitive Sabo is pretty much a DeadDoveDoNotEat.gif moment for me. I dunno what I expected. I don't see teams playing/up-taking on this like they didn't Domination.

Then again, I'm of the opinion the series doesn't NEED to be #YoE-Sports.

Nonsense on FS...those are the only 2 good ones.

The good
Firestorm and Caspian
All of China Rising is great
All of NS is great.
Dragon's teeth is all below par although Propaganda would be the best of the worst.
As said before Whiteout and Hammerhead are good.

Top Bottom