• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Only weak map in Final Stand is Hangar 21, which kinda makes up for it by having an interesting flag layout and being visually interesting.

China Rising:
Weather levelution would have helped in one of the major shortcomings Altai Range and Silk Road have.

Guilin Peaks is is okay but tends to devolve into zerg rushes around the map.

Dragon Pass I feel is a pretty bad map overall, not only because of its design but also the technical stuff like indestructible trees and invisible walls etc.
Second Assault:
Metro is garbage

Oman would've been better off without the sandstorm.

Caspian Border is okay, nothing particularly special about it

Same thing with Operation Firestorm. I don't think it's particularly all that interesting, but I wouldn't say it's a bad map though.​

Naval Strike:
Operation Mortar is a pretty nice map. The rest from that expansion feel a little too similar because of the theme and map layout. Lack of weather changes was also pretty disappointing since Paracel Storm had one.

Also, the Assault Rifle from this expansion feels rushed. The third person model of the gun is too small, the tactical reload is practically the same as the one from the SCAR-H, and it has nothing interesting going for it statistically even if it has been buffed pretty heavily. Just a boring gun IMO.​

Dragon's Teeth:
Sunken Dragon, which is an interesting map but ultimately feels underwhelming because of the flag layout making it too CN sided.

Lumphini Garden can go fuck itself thanks to the UCAV and Mortar spam.

Marketplace on the other hand is heavily geared towards CQC and does a pretty good job of it. It can be a bit frustrating how there are so many ways an enemy can get around you, but once you get the hang of it it manages to be a pretty fun map.

Propaganda is a pretty nice map. Flag layout is pretty much a copy paste of Op Firestorm though, for better or worse.​

Final Stand (looking to be my favorite map pack for the time being):
Hangar 21 is a nice looking map and has an interesting flag layout as I mentioned earlier. Main problem it has is how you can easily end up in a situation where you are shot from everywhere due to how open the map is in general, but it usually doesn't get too bad.

Hammerhead is seems pretty good. I haven't played on that map too much, but I usually have a good time whenever I do end up playing it.

Giants of Karelia is fairly obviously a vehicle heavy map. Feels like the US side (I think) has a small advantage due to flag layout, but it ends up being a fun map regardless, especially since vehicle combat is a big part of it. Infantry still have the Titan factory and the flag near it to do their own thing as well.

Operation Whiteout is where I go to boost my K/D by using LAVs ocho style. Love it. 10/10.​

Dr Prob

Banned
Just wish we had official premium servers that shuffled all the maps. Having to mostly play the dlc in bunches works against them, as something like island hopping in NS quickly becomes tiresome whereas it could serve as a nice change of pace if they were spaced out in a rotation.

My rankings (feel free to set this as your wallpaper):

EtNMVlw.png

Dawnbreaker is awesome. Shut up.

So China Rising takes the L, being the only expansion to land more than one map in the bad category.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Altai Range on a bad list? Whaaaat is this madnesssss

China is still my favorite pack. Dragon Pass is the only thing that is shitty.

burnfout

Dragon Teeth is my favorite. Propaganda is my favorite map ever.

The single biggest improvement the game needs is mixed maps official servers.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
from my experience the Final Stand maps are the worst maps ever to grace battlefield..

If you spawn on a flag, (with a few exceptions) it will spawn you in the middle of nowhere, and you will be sniped trying to find the nearest cover 90% of the time. Since everyone is either sniping or in a vehicle on opposite sides of the map, teamwork become obsolete too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
from my experience the Final Stand maps are the worst maps ever to grace battlefield..

If you spawn on a flag, (with a few exceptions) it will spawn you in the middle of nowhere, and you will be sniped trying to find the nearest cover 90% of the time. Since everyone is either sniping or in a vehicle on opposite sides of the map, teamwork become obsolete too.

I haven't ever experienced that. The base spawns put you outside of the flag for a reason. If it spawned you on a flag, it'd put you in a hot-zone.

TheSeks

Crossing my fingers for a rebalance of medkits. They currently take way too long to heal imo.

They're supposed to be making the suppression shutdown less long/faster to get back to healing. But I dunno. I still hate the change and wish they'd stop listening to the CTE minority when a dissenting opinion of "that isn't a problem" comes in. :/

I don't think that'll make it to Live just yet. Prey the patch brings the hit marker, cross-hair, AND vehicle HUD color changes that CTE has right now.

Challenge number 2: Don't have them segregated by release. Actually mix the DLC up. That should take another year of programming.

They could do it like map voting plugins on PC determine the next map. But I dunno how they'd cram that onto console controllers/UI.

TheSeks

The few of you that have played with me on that infamous server know of one dude that bristles the rest of you with "QQ" and a few other things. Complains about team balance while we're winning. Team switches to P30+ while leaving a few P10-P20 people on the other side with a bunch of 1-60's on the team for the server. Server allows team switching no matter how inbalanced (I was able to switch when it was 6+ deep from the losing side to the stacked winning side).

Thanks so much DICE for not making that "YOU CAN'T SWITCH OR IT'LL BE INBALANCED" a non-hardlock. Then you want to test autobalance in CTE. WELL GEE NO WONDER TEAMS ARE INBALANCED. THEY CAN'T STAY BALANCED.

(rage)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I love how the turrets in tanks and such are bound to the mouse movements on PC... you guys can aim them so fast just like a regular weapon.

PC players are elite. So dreamy.

I love how the turrets in tanks and such are bound to the mouse movements on PC... you guys can aim them so fast just like a regular weapon.

Decided to get back into this a little bit. What a great game. It was my most played of last and earlier this year by far. Probably 30 hours in the beta and 175 in the full game.

I could never get used to that in BF3. Repair tool-burning tanks is way more fun as you watch that turret slowly pan around.

RBK

Banned
May have just converted a diehard COD fan over to BF4. We've played a ton of AW together, but only after a few TDM matches, he fell in love instantly.

Now if I can convince him to play the actual game modes that make BF great, even better.

What up Battlefield community? After getting some really disappointing news about the development decisions behind Halo 5, I think I must abandon my favorite franchise and find something new.

I already have China Rising, is Premium worth getting? Do you guys run any game nights or anything?

RBK

Banned
Getting achievements in Titanfall is the hard part.

Can't even complete my campaign achievements, don't know which one I need lol.

TheSeks

I get games in <10 seconds on Xbone if playing Attrition.

But if playing other modes, even on PC... *crickets*

Not worth the $5 or whatever they're charging on console to play with a dead population outside of Deathmatch and even then you can do the same in BF4/etc.

Titanflop died within two weeks of it's beta.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Meh, I've easily gotten $13 of enjoyment out of it already playing with friends.

It's a different style shooter than BF or Halo, so it's nice to have in the library.

Top Bottom