• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Not worth the $5 or whatever they're charging on console to play with a dead population outside of Deathmatch and even then you can do the same in BF4/etc.

Titanflop died within two weeks of it's beta.

I played PC to Gen 10 and recently picked up the deluxe edition on Xbone for $12.50

Xbone has way more people right now than PC. Sale definitely brought in a bunch of new players.

Scratches a different itch than BF for sure.. but no need to shit on it just 'cuse.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I played PC to Gen 10 and recently picked up the deluxe edition on Xbone for $12.50

Xbone has way more people right now than PC. Sale definitely brought in a bunch of new players.

Scratches a different itch than BF for sure.. but no need to shit on it just 'cuse.

It flopped. There's no way around that fact. The population crashed within two weeks of it's "launch" (which ironically is two weeks AFTER the beta IIRC). The performance on X720 was poor. Maybe they fixed the performance to where "new launch console" people finally came around to it, but on PC there is no reason to pick up Titanflop when there's so many other titles like Counter-Strike, Battlefield, etc. with "healthy" populations.

Even Call of Duty is floundering on PC. That style of shooter seems dead/dying on the platform.

It's good that Respawn is playing catch-up for the title by adding in "FREE!!!!" DLC updates/modes, but those should've been there on launch. Maybe then people would be playing something other than Deathmatch.

Also playing to Gen/Prestige 10 isn't anything substantial since you can "shitbucket" to 50 within 2 days even on a moderate EXP curve. Maybe 2XP was on during my Origin gametime, but that x 10 = two weeks max.

bitter ex syndrome.

Basically.

TheSeks

IN OTHER NEWS: Trying to get a Hand Flare credit is tougher than it looks on Metro 1.5. Place an AT mine near a choke-point. Prime it and five people flood you before the flare sets off the primed-mine. Ugh. It's no C4.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
IN OTHER NEWS: Trying to get a Hand Flare credit is tougher than it looks on Metro 1.5. Place an AT mine near a choke-point. Prime it and five people flood you before the flare sets off the primed-mine. Ugh. It's no C4.

Is that a thing you can do that I wasn't aware of? I only ever used flares as distraction tools.

TheSeks

Is that a thing you can do that I wasn't aware of? I only ever used flares as distraction tools.

Some people say it works with C4 but I haven't gotten it to trigger with that (because obviously C4 is "stable" until primed by a det-cord).

Today I Learned: You can kill with the handflare. Not so useless as I gave it credit for.

AT mines do work, however. 2 DMR shots = detonate though. So the idea is to find an oblivious enemy. Prime with a silencer DMR and then flare while running the hell away.

I'm trying to use it in Metro 1.5 as a next-level troll but falling on my face.

XBP

Is it me or are there barely enough people playing the game on PC? I'm looking at the server browser right now and there are maybe 20-25 servers actually populated. Am I missing something or is BF4 on PC really this dead?

Semper88

my GF got me a nice PS4 headset as an early X-Mas gift and well its like a whole new game lmfao!

That first time a F16 skimmed my little helmet!!

tumblr_milc8aZulw1rm49iao1_250.gif

Dr Prob

Banned
Is it me or are there barely enough people playing the game on PC? I'm looking at the server browser right now and there are maybe 20-25 servers actually populated. Am I missing something or is BF4 on PC really this dead?

Don't know about PC, but the PS4 server browser broke after the last update and was doing the same thing. People in this thread helpfully noted that unchecking everything in the normal/hardcore section fixes it. Maybe that will help?

From the Top Plays:

AO9CIcj.gif

Had totally forgotten about that thing.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

Lots of people playing. I play almost every night. My problem is actually all the servers are full with 2-6 people waiting. I only play Conquest, can't speak for other modes.

TheSeks

There's people playing. If you limit your filter to "free slots" it'll remove full servers, however.

It also depends on time of day and mode(s) you want to filter. Conquest is the most popular mode so it has a bunch of servers. The others, not as much but they get populated later in the day when people are off work/etc. Weekends have populated servers as well.

phyrlord

I got to hand it to DICE, they put some serious elbow grease into this game. It runs SO well now on PC, like rock solid 80FPS ultra 1080p on a GTX 660 ti at the one year check in.

All the issues with this game at release seem so MILD compared to the issues with HALO and AC:U.

Joe

I already have the game and like it a lot, is the dlc worth $30 or is it meh and spend the money on another game?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I already have the game and like it a lot, is the dlc worth $30 or is it meh and spend the money on another game?

I'd say it's worth it. Doubly so if whatever they're adding next comes packaged with premium (unless they do premium season 2 or something dumb like that).

Premium for 5 DLCs (so 20 DLC maps + lots of guns etc) and whatever extra they'll be releasing next year sounds pretty good for 30 bucks. If you play the game a lot then it's a pretty good deal.

I'm assuming you mean Premium because I don't think they have any expansion packs that are above 15 bucks in price.

I'd say it's worth it. Doubly so if whatever they're adding next comes packaged with premium (unless they do premium season 2 or something dumb like that).

It seems like the extra content might be free for premium members and can also be bought separately like other expansion packs. We'll still have to wait and see how they manage that.

TheSeks

Yes, premium is worth it. Double-so if they're doing another year of it. The premium calendar expanded for BF4 but has nothing on it right now. But if it DOES get stuff, you'll have one weekend of 2XP for the next year after this years past 12.

TheSeks

Can xp boosts stack?

No. Unless you're talking "during 2XP week(end)s" in which case, yes.

200% x 2XP = 400% boost.

Laugh as you have a bunch of useless 25/50% boosts that could be "stacked together" into 200% for said 2XP weekends but DICE won't let you, so they're utterly pointless.

MattDoza

It depends on how much you think you'll play BF. If you're going to play a bunch, and frequently definitely maximize the content you'll be playing. But if it's just a once in a while game, you'll be fine with the on-disc offerings.

I've had this on PC since launch but I figured I'd pick it up on PS4 since I have a few friends that play there. I fucking hate it. I don't know if it's just specifically because I'm coming of the PC version but it's just awful. And I'm awful. Both I guess. I can hardly get a kill. I know how to play the game well but it's just not translating to this version.

I've never really been a fan of FPS on consoles but I've especially never been a fan of FPS on the DS3 or DS4. I feel like the stick placement is just wrong for that type of game. Something about the 360 pad always felt at least a little better for that type of game. I love it for any other genre, but it just feels unnatural on a DS4. I don't know if it's because the sticks feel loose or maybe my sensitivity is too high or too low. I've always done really well with the BF games but I'm getting outgunned left and right now.

Also tea bagging. What the fuck? It had honestly been so long since I've seen someone do that, that I actually forgot it was a thing. I don't think I ever ran across it once in the PC version, but the second game I load up on PS4 and lo and behold, some ass clown is just tea bagging my corpse. So yeah... Sorry. Rant over.

TheSeks

If the sticks feel loose (which is really a Sony controller issue) try lowering the sensitivity if the aim is moving too fast. If it's moving too slow, go a little higher. Or stick with the default and you'll adjust eventually. It's basically "rust"/console-controls that is getting to you.

I'm not laughing.

That's just ridiculous.

You think that's crazy, try CTE's 3XP.

3XP + 2XP (IIRC, it stacks. Since CTE has a perma-3XP) = 5XP x 200% = 10,000% boost, IIRC.

0 to Prestige 40 in an hour. *eyebrows*

XBP

Lots of people playing. I play almost every night. My problem is actually all the servers are full with 2-6 people waiting. I only play Conquest, can't speak for other modes.

There's people playing. If you limit your filter to "free slots" it'll remove full servers, however.

It also depends on time of day and mode(s) you want to filter. Conquest is the most popular mode so it has a bunch of servers. The others, not as much but they get populated later in the day when people are off work/etc. Weekends have populated servers as well.

I was mainly looking for non-conquest premium servers. I only notice about a dozen or so with players in them

cjnMwrK.png

Plus I'm not a fan of choosing servers outside the game via your browser. Makes the entire process of looking for a different server that much annoying. Unless there is an easier way to switch servers that I'm missing while in game?

TheSeks

I was mainly looking for non-conquest premium servers. I only notice about a dozen or so with players in them?

Like I said, there's people playing. But Conquest is the most popular mode on PC, so that's where a ton of servers and players are. Rush/Team Deathmatch/Sabotage/etc. all are played, but they're a very small minority to that Battlefield staple mode.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
the week before has always been full of newbs too. I attribute it to all the college kids that don't play often at college going home and playing on their family console. I've heard lots of college kids talking about being home on break and playing for the first time since they came home for thanksgiving over the years.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
the week before has always been full of newbs too. I attribute it to all the college kids that don't play often at college going home and playing on their family console. I've heard lots of college kids talking about being home on break and playing for the first time since they came home for thanksgiving over the years.
Don't forget that buying something on a Black Friday deal doesn't require you to wait till Christmas. A lot of people get it cheap and are now playing.

hoy

Banned
i got the craziest problem that happened once before months ago after a patch, but went away after another patch.

my damn mouse scrollwheel only registers in game like one out of every 10 flicks so i can't play it.

nothing has changed, windows 8 with an intellimouse that works perfectly fine otherwise.

so i can't play and when i try and search their forums or google i sure don't find much.

Mahonay

Banned
Lots of low leveled players lately making games a walk in the park.
Playing yesterday I definitely went up against a lot of players that weren't watching some of the pathways that are usually covered when you're approaching an objective, and generally just not reacting very quickly to getting shot at. Went to town relatively easily with a DMR, when other times I struggle with them since I'm not the best at long range engagements.

I'll be on PS4 in a couple hours if anyone is around.

Playing yesterday I definitely went up against a lot of players that weren't watching some of the pathways that are usually covered when you're approaching an objective, and generally just not reacting very quickly to getting shot at. Went to town relatively easily with a DMR, when other times I struggle with them since I'm not the best at long range engagements.

I'll be on PS4 in a couple hours if anyone is around.

I'll be on later tonight.

All these new players make Rush games a giant pain in the ass. You can't rely on most of these people to even disarm a clear crate they're standing right next to, for instance.

Top Bottom