• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
IT'S CHRISTMAS (in CTE)

Hn0VQ8a.jpg

ppwvLVH.jpg

C4 as "Jeep stuff/Possibly Stolen Jeep Stuff" (BF Friends reference? IDK)

NO MORE BLOOM FUCKING WITH MY RETICLES FUCK YES:

(Coming: "Next patch/I CAN'T TELL YOU THE DATE BUT I CAN TELL YOU NEXT YEAR" [so possibly next month])

Now if only they would listen to those of us that go "BUT DICE DIFFERENT SIZES FOR ALL THE SCOPE OPTIONS PLZ"...

TheSeks

even then you can't play the MP without paying the hostage fee to release online play.

True enough. :( But on par with Naughty Dog tradition, they'd fuck it up by years end to where it wouldn't be worth playing.

Smidget

Is there a way to delete and redownload one DLC for PS4? I can get connect to any addon except final stand for whatever reason.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
So I've finally got back to playing this on my PS4.
When I go to play conquest the server browser is only giving me 4-6 results.
I have premium, am I doing something wrong? So frustrating.

Also why are the Christmas easter eggs for the test community only?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFOXNLQvc6s&spfreload=10
They really should post this at the top of every page as an advisory. In your filters, uncheck "normal" hardcore, etc. just the stuff under that option section.

Facism

Not really. Remember pre-1.05 Uncharted 2? Solid gold, Jerry.

Yes, indeed. U3 beta was better than U3 retail, too.

I'm just saying agreeing that they'll eventually shit the bed with the MP, so it's no big loss when you don't pay for plus.

TheSeks

Also why are the Christmas easter eggs for the test community only?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFOXNLQvc6s&spfreload=10

Because CTE has faster turn-around time on patches that Live doesn't get.

Yes, indeed. U3 beta was better than U3 retail, too.

I'm just saying agreeing that they'll eventually shit the bed with the MP, so it's no big loss when you don't pay for plus.

I didn't care for Sprint in the Beta or launch U3. Just felt... "off." And then they put Pay-to-Win weapons in the Last of Us
which wasn't really that good of a game

TheSeks

Shot an enemy paradroppper with the bow. DrukenKatniss rising?
Nope.

Is there a way to delete and redownload one DLC for PS4? I can get connect to any addon except final stand for whatever reason.

I am not sure, but I am having the same issue. Loaded up BF4 last night and could only play vanilla and Final Stand. I have all the other DLC's downloaded but they are working/letting me play those maps/modes. Was too tired to try to fix last night but am thinking I will have to delete and redownload maybe?

Khronico

I just got bf4 yesterday for pc after hanging up my hat on the ps3 ver. Sucks that I have to unlock everything again, I had already done so on my ps3. If anyone wants to play with me, add me (battlelog: rubricmarine). I don't have premium yet. Game runs and looks so much better on pc though, and I get around 60fps on average.

Edit: If the person who is leader of the gaf platoon checks, I am rubricmarine.

thenexus6

I am not sure, but I am having the same issue. Loaded up BF4 last night and could only play vanilla and Final Stand. I have all the other DLC's downloaded but they are working/letting me play those maps/modes. Was too tired to try to fix last night but am thinking I will have to delete and redownload maybe?

Far as i'm aware you have to delete the entire install and all DLC you can't select individual DLC.

Is there a double XP weekend happening right now?

TheSeks

Dream warned me about this. Now that I have a resolution upgrade, now I want to get a whole 'nother GPU...

Sadetar

Birdie! I haven't seen you in ages!

I think I am going to buy PS4 at some point so you better stick with it. :D

Did you by the way got my card from UK and my Christmas present or do I have some old address... :p

TheSeks

You'll be Smokey level in no time.

Nope. I've got self-restraint. Though I'm wondering if the frame dips I get randomly are CPU/RAM or GPU caused. 720p gives me rock solid 60 even in V-sync. 1080p gives me 48-60FPS in V-sync, 70-80 in no V-sync (but tearing. OH GOD THE TEARING.)

Related to BF in a way David Goldfarb (Locust9) did an article for Eurogamer.

Dr Prob

Banned
Finally took the plunge.
Any advice for a rookie?

Oh gawd, I'm agreeing with Seks again.

- Spot all the time. Even if you don't see immediate personal results, the cumulative effect of everyone spotting/knowing where shit is coming from makes a huge difference.

- Heal/drop ammo/repair/provide covering fire/revive if it's in someone's best interest (sometimes you'll think that you've cleared out the people who killed your teammate, but it turns out to be someone on a hill or just somewhere you couldn't see; that happens, everyone understands)

- WORK TOGETHER!*

I'm certainly guilty of going off and doing my own ill-advised nonsense, but not when it matters!

- glhf and welcome!

Lulu23

Please add me to the platoon, I already applied. :)

Edit: Also, is there any way to get PS4 Premium for cheap other than waiting for the next sale on the Playstation Store?

I'm getting significant framerate drops/lag spikes when trying to play the game on Ultra with my EVGA 750 ti SC... is that normal?

I think so. Pretty sure the 750ti isn't powerful enough to play the game on solid 60FPS on Ultra settings.

Lower the settings a bit and see how that goes.

Nizz

I could use some opinions on something, if say I were to get 2 map packs for this game which ones would most likely be most populated? I'd like to get the Second Assault map pack and most likely one more. I still have the $10 credit for being an early PS4 adopter plus someone gave me a $20 gift card to use.Maybe I should just hold off and get full premium.

I would like to use some of that money for the RE Remake coming next month.

I could use some opinions on something, if say I were to get 2 map packs for this game which ones would most likely be most populated? I'd like to get the Second Assault map pack and most likely one more. I still have the $10 credit for being an early PS4 adopter plus someone gave me a $20 gift card to use.Maybe I should just hold off and get full premium.

Getting map packs separately is such a poor value when compared to Premium IMHO. If you like to play a lot of BF4 then you are definitely better off just getting Premium. If not then just save your money for RE Remake and whatever else you have in mind.

I don't play on PS4 so I don't know how the map packs are populated in there, although a lot of people in here do play on that platform so maybe someone will chime in on that.

Nizz

Getting map packs separately is such a poor value when compared to Premium IMHO. If you like to play a lot of BF4 then you are definitely better off just getting Premium. If not then just save your money for RE Remake and whatever else you have in mind.

I don't play on PS4 so I don't know how the map packs are populated in there, although a lot of people in here do play on that platform so maybe someone will chime in on that.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I think I'll probably just hold off and get premium.

Tubie

Just get premium. It's not just for the maps, you will also have access to all of the DLC weapons.

Top Bottom