• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
yeah, they are. and sometimes i really go all-in on them too, playing for the assignment instead of the objective.

I have been the last couple days. And these phantom assignments are a special kind of dumb. Roadkills? Jet kills? 200 Handgun? ugh.

DICE are trolls.

I've got almost everything done except the jet stuff and roadkills. But it's so annoying. I want to PTFO but I'm running around with a pistol and trying to smack people in the face with my paper airplane. I feel like an asshole doing it (and yet still score higher than 80% of the team, come on blueberries pick it up!).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The jet kill is really the only problem. Most of the other stuff comes with time. 200 Pistol Kills is EASY. In fact it's training you for that to be the PRIMARY method when equipping/using the bow in case you run into someone.

Roadkills can be gotten just slamming the LAV or Tank into someone stupid enough to attempt to C4 you and you see them coming.

Orcus

Anyone play on Xbox One? I don't have many friends that do, apparently. My GT is randomraaawr

Can anyone tell me what is up with those lighting changes on maps in the CTE on pc? I've been watching a few videos from Jack Frags and have noticed. The recent Christmas one looks better than the real map...

Are they going to be released for everyone?

I've been AWOL for a bit playing DA:I, but I'll be back playing next week. I'm west coast and usually start playing around 9 or 10 weeknights regularly and randomly on the weekends.

XBL GT: ORCU5

I'll make sure to add you as well.

Tubie

You can get easy jet kills by aiming the jet down somewhere you know there's people then jumping out.

It will get you jet kills and roadkills at the same time, it's the ultimate troll.

Evolved1

I'm in air superiority. lol

Edit: dude screw this mode. Game is over before you can even get a jet ribbon. What a waste of time.

TheSeks

Hey now, I don't play on Air Superiority. Only played a little bit for the UCAV requirements a long time ago.

9pQhIdO.jpg

Like clockwork. ;)

But seriously though: Fuck the jet requirements.

neoism

well one shotted the campaign mode definitely the best battlefield singleplayer.... still wasn't bad though... Holy shit at all of the options :eek: shame the MP is soo fucking insane its mostly just spawn killing lol.... 64 players is too much need to play some smaller games.. overall definitely worth the 12 bones.

Tubie

well one shotted the campaign mode definitely the best battlefield singleplayer.... still wasn't bad though... Holy shit at all of the options :eek: shame the MP is soo fucking insane its mostly just spawn killing lol.... 64 players is too much need to play some smaller games.. overall definitely worth the 12 bones.

I'm glad you got the game!

Don't feel bad if your first experience in conquest is bad. Most of us went through that. It can really be overwhelming if you don't know the maps and the basics of the mode.

Make sure you spawn close to the action, and always wait before spawning on a squad member, he might be under fire and you might die.

Tubie

As a holiday gift from us to you, log in between now and New Year’s Day to up your rank in the Double XP event. And, enjoy a free Gold Battlepack on the house! - Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year from EA and DICE
Double XP Boost currently active!

2XP is active from now till the 1st....

Fucking hell, I have 17 100% saved and 7 200%.

131-140 here I comeeeee!!!!!!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Whoever posted that video on how to get flare kills, I hate you. :lol

I've been trying non stop to get some of them, but it's fucking impossible! GOD! I've only gotten like 1.

kamandi

Hello everyone. That 30$ premium ps4 deal is very tempting. I am thinking about buying it. However BF Hardline is just 3 months away. Would bf4 servers still be populated after hardline comes out? What do you think?

I'm in air superiority. lol

Edit: dude screw this mode. Game is over before you can even get a jet ribbon. What a waste of time.

Conquest, especially Lancang, Hainan and Paracel ... or the Naval Strike maps. the A2G secondary on boats = easy kills. just hope the other team doesn't have good enough pilots and you can get 4+ ribbons easily a game.

Hello everyone. That 30$ premium ps4 deal is very tempting. I am thinking about buying it. However BF Hardline is just 3 months away. Would bf4 servers still be populated after hardline comes out? What do you think?

BF3 and BC2 servers are still quite populated. BC1 is kinda sketchy in off-peak times.

it's a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get used to it, playing feels very rewarding.

t0rment

I'll play with people on PSN, PeskyToaster is my name on there. Some GAFers may have added me before and I might have gotten rid of some because I forgot where I knew them from haha.

I just got my Phantom bow a couple days ago. Pretty hard to use, but it's fun for me. I've gotten some really nice headshots with it and it's very satisfying to kill with it.

do you play US servers? anyone on PS4 that play on US add me for some team squad action :), my id there is lk_psytr

also can anyone tell me which dlc weapons to go after? there are so many fucking assignments that i don't even know where to start.

TheSeks

i have a Surface Pro

i already own BF3 on Origin

i own more games on Origin than Steam

Oh right, you got in during that freebie period didn't you? :p

Which Surface Pro? I've been kinda wanting to get a SurPro3 for photoshop and keyboard on the go-ing.

Edit: But that isn't BF3, that's BF4. :p No excuse to not pay the $5. :p

Evolved1

Conquest, especially Lancang, Hainan and Paracel ... or the Naval Strike maps. the A2G secondary on boats = easy kills. just hope the other team doesn't have good enough pilots and you can get 4+ ribbons easily a game..

I will try this later, thanks.

Evolved1

Four of us should split up to opposite teams and bogart the aircraft and not fire on each other.

I'm down. For whatever reason I'm kind of fixated on getting the bow. Whatever lessens the pain, be real helpful.

Dibbs

Whats up with multiplayer right now? "The Game Statistics Engine is currently down." /cry

Not a word on the EA_Dice twitter nor the BF twitter account.

TheSeks

I heard Rush mode is worse in Battlefield 4 than Bad Company 2. Any major reasons why?

Map design.

In before "BECAUSE NO OBJECTIVE HARM" which really isn't the problem. The problem is a lot of the maps don't have various "flank routes" that BC2 had. You could go out of bounds for 7 seconds and expect to get back into the map within those 7 seconds to actually reach new areas. In BF3/4 these routes are VERY FEW and gain no new advantage. It's why BC2's "attacker advantage" (objective harm) lopsided heavily into "defense advantage." (map basically lets the defense hold three lanes and keep the attackers at bay) I honestly want to see the BC2 maps with the BF3/4 "attackers HAVE to push" rule-sets with no changes to bounds for the sake of seeing teams actually have to push in instead of abusing C4/Rockets to take objectives. :|

Whats up with multiplayer right now? "The Game Statistics Engine is currently down." /cry

Not a word on the EA_Dice twitter nor the BF twitter account.

DDoS.

TheSeks

Is Rush even worth playing then?

It really depends on how you feel about the map design. I honestly don't mind the loss of Objective Harm and think it forces the attackers to HAVE to push-up (AKA: "RUSH. Which is in the fucking title!") but at the same time the map HINDERS that goal because DICE shoe-horns modes into maps that really don't focus on it.

Conquest-first map design hinders Rush more than Rush-first map design does the opposite.

That and Deathmatch was all I played in the past two Battlefield games

Play Sabotage/"Obliteration." It's the best new mode introduced in the game on launch. It scales INCREDIBLY well from 32 (DICE intended) to 42/64 players.

Rush on PC is a complete shitshow with numerous servers doing 64 players in maps that DICE-intended the mode to play on 32 players and it shows the numerous set/map design issues. Ask DICE-LA if anyone even plays Rush and get a canned "oh we love Rush!" response but ask them "yeah, but DO you play it in Live where numerous servers are 64-players. It'd show you really fast how set design problems are" and get ignored/crickets.

Oh right, you got in during that freebie period didn't you? :p

Which Surface Pro? I've been kinda wanting to get a SurPro3 for photoshop and keyboard on the go-ing.

Edit: But that isn't BF3, that's BF4. :p No excuse to not pay the $5. :p

yeah, SurveyGate aka CouponGate

the original Surface Pro 1

hrm..

$59.99 - Battlefield 4 (PS3) [Digital Preorder]
$00.00 - Battlefield 4 Digital Upgrade (PS4) [$10 PSN Credit for spending $50]
$26.75 - Battlefield 4 (360) [Walmart Black Friday 2013]
$49.99 - Battlefield 4 Premium (PS3/PS4)
$24.25 - Battlefield 4 (XB1) [Xbox Live Sale + had $5.75 Allards left]
$24.99 - Battlefield 4 Premium (360/XB1) [Xbox Live Sale]

$185.97 on one game... what's $5 more amirite?

TheSeks

#totallyworthit

I mean if you spent that much on one game, why not an extra $5
and a gaming PC to play it on
?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Happy holidays everyone.

Except the people behind the online shutdowns, fuck those guys.

Tubie

I don't think PSN or the EA servers will come back till tomorrow morning.

Sigh... at least I managed to play a round of Metro before EA servers went to shit.

Question for my fellow BF gunners is the premium for 30$ worth it for a guy that mainly plays conquest and is missing Second Assault and Naval Strike? I am also wondering if a good amount of people play those maps on conquest, thanks. I am thinking about buying the 30$ premium edition that comes with the game and getting rid of my physical copy.

this_multiverse

Neo Member
Question for my fellow BF gunners is the premium for 30$ worth it for a guy that mainly plays conquest and is missing Second Assault and Naval Strike? I am also wondering if a good amount of people play those maps on conquest, thanks. I am thinking about buying the 30$ premium edition that comes with the game and getting rid of my physical copy.

conquest always has games, if you enjoy BF then get premium, imo.

AEREC

How is BF4 on the PS4 nowadays? Was thinking about going all in for the premium version during the sale.

Any issues finding games?

Erban1

How is BF4 on the PS4 nowadays? Was thinking about going all in for the premium version during the sale.

Any issues finding games?

Maybe with some of the less popular modes for dlc maps, but the ps4 is one of the most active platforms. You'll find conquest games no problem, and imo this is still the best fps on the system.

TheSeks

Kim Dotcom Pls

KimGotPlayed.Com

Battlelog said:
faceless started playing Battlefield 4

Battlefield 4
All-Out War - The freedom to do more and be more
Levolution - Change the face of the Battlefield
Frostbite™ 3 - An unmatched level of visual and audio fidelity
16 hours ago BF4 PC

<3

Top Bottom