• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless buying the PC version almost makes me want to buy the PS3 version.

NotBacon

Are the servers screwed up for anyone else on PS4? I even got rid of my obscure filtering (which still brings up dozens of servers any day) and still 'No Servers Found'. Oddly enough if I include '10+ empty spots' I see a few servers with 1 or 2 people in them.

If I do quick match I get thrown into a server with only 1 or 2 other people.

Edit: yes I know there was ddosing but I was playing fine at about 4am after the attack yesterday.

Tubie

Are the servers screwed up for anyone else on PS4? I even got rid of my obscure filtering (which still brings up dozens of servers any day) and still 'No Servers Found'. Oddly enough if I include '10+ empty spots' I see a few servers with 1 or 2 people in them.

If I do quick match I get thrown into a server with only 1 or 2 other people.

Edit: yes I know there was ddosing but I was playing fine at about 4am after the attack yesterday.

You are one of the lucky few, many haven't been able to log into PSN since the 24th.

http://bf4stats.com/

That shows 1300 players on PS4 and PS3 as of the time of this post. Under normal conditions that would be close to 30k.

TheSeks

Yeah, PSN is getting hit hard. PC was done until like 5PM EST today and came back up. I wonder if it's going to be another "wave" like yesterday and Christmas. :/

Dr Prob

Banned
Influx of new players = MBT LAW everywhere

WHOOOOSH dooloodleooo! WHOOOOSH dooloodleooo! WHOOOOSH dooloodleooo! WHOOOOSH dooloodleooo!

WHOOOOSH dooloodleooo!

Mathezar

Double XP should be active now, get ranked up!

Battlelog said:
As a holiday gift from us to you, log in between now and New Year’s Day to up your rank in the Double XP event. And, enjoy a free Gold Battlepack on the house! - Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year from EA and DICE

WALKMAN04

So I have premium,but cant access any server with the dlc instead it tells me to buy the dlc and then says content is unavailable i assume because the psn store is down, I opened all the premium battlepacks so premium is definitely installed, am i supposed install each map pack and if so how?

Tubie

So I have premium,but cant access any server with the dlc instead it tells me to buy the dlc and then says content is unavailable i assume because the psn store is down, I opened all the premium battlepacks so premium is definitely installed, am i supposed install each map pack and if so how?

You go to the BF4 page on the store and download each DLC. Their size ranges 3-6gb each.

Edit: you might have to wait till PSN is fully fixed in order to do this. I can't even get the store to open right now.

Tubie

http://bf4stats.com/

Looks like BF4 is having issues with all platforms, only 5k playing on PC doesn't look right at all.

Says 12k are playing on PS4, but mine won't connect to EA at all. Can't even get to the test range lol.

TheSeks

instead of giving us 2x XP for christmas, maybe they can give us servers that work.

They should just Expand 2XP for a month/Jan. At least then I'd be able to use it even if I don't have the time off while they're being DDoSed. :|

I just want to reach P30, goddamn it. I got ten more levels after that.

Akainu

yeah, SurveyGate aka CouponGate

the original Surface Pro 1

hrm..

$59.99 - Battlefield 4 (PS3) [Digital Preorder]
$00.00 - Battlefield 4 Digital Upgrade (PS4) [$10 PSN Credit for spending $50]
$26.75 - Battlefield 4 (360) [Walmart Black Friday 2013]
$49.99 - Battlefield 4 Premium (PS3/PS4)
$24.25 - Battlefield 4 (XB1) [Xbox Live Sale + had $5.75 Allards left]
$24.99 - Battlefield 4 Premium (360/XB1) [Xbox Live Sale]

$185.97 on one game... what's $5 more amirite?
you have to pay for premium for both console families?

Has there ever been a discount on the DLC for PS4? I don't want to pay full price as I don't play the game enough to justify that. But I would like to give it a go.

Tubie

Has there ever been a discount on the DLC for PS4? I don't want to pay full price as I don't play the game enough to justify that. But I would like to give it a go.

Well the premium version of the game includes all of the DLC maps and weapons, and it's $30 right now, but good luck getting into the store and being able to buy it :/

terrible

Banned

The Premium Edition is $35 right now on the PSN (Canada) but I'm not sure when that sale ends. Premium by itself is still regular price. Go figure.

edit: got beat while searching to see if premium itself was on sale lol

NotBacon

jfc why are EA and PSN still down 2 days after the attack??

The only excuse I could tolerate is if they're upgrading their infrastructure to mitigate further attacks.

I dunno mang, I really like Giants of Karela.

Yeah I'm really enjoying final stand, Whiteout is bitchin.

I dunno mang, I really like Giants of Karela.
Things about as fun as dragons pass. Which is to say, not at all.

A few weeks ago was on Paracel storm when someone mentioned looking for those last stand man cannons. Now that would improve a lot of maps, particularly the water based ones.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BTW, since it's double XP what is stackable for XP boosts? Can I use more than 1 of those silly 25 or 50 boosts and stack them?

TheSeks

BTW, since it's double XP what is stackable for XP boosts? Can I use more than 1 of those silly 25 or 50 boosts and stack them?

Yes.

Though the best to use during 2XP is 100/200% 200% being THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST.

Say hello to 400%

22,444 x 2XP +200% boost = ~112,220 from one round. Before you apply awards and stuff IIRC.

Tubie

Yes.

Though the best to use during 2XP is 100/200% 200% being THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST.

Say hello to 400%

22,444 x 2XP +200% boost = ~112,220 from one round. Before you apply awards and stuff IIRC.

Think he meant stacking multiple 25s together. It's dumb but they don't allow that.

TheSeks

Think he meant stacking multiple 25s together. It's dumb but they don't allow that.

Oh. Yeah, in that case no you can't. I'm literally swimming in 200+ 25% boosts that I could stack into 100/200% if DICE allowed me. So pointless.

Giants of Karelia shits all over Dragon Pass. It's not even close.

The gameplay feels the same to me. Too big, sucks to be on foot, little cover for infantry at the caps.

I suppose if you vehicle whore it could be fun.

The other three are top notch, though. Don't think I've put this much time into a DLC since SA.

Khronico

I'm leveling so fast it's insane. I already maxed out support and am almost done with engineer along with the pistol tree and it only took me about an hour.

The gameplay feels the same to me. Too big, sucks to be on foot, little cover for infantry at the caps.

I suppose if you vehicle whore it could be fun.

The other three are top notch, though. Don't think I've put this much time into a DLC since SA.

The map is much more focused towards vehicles rather than infantry. Infantry in that map is most powerful in the Walker factory and the 3 flags near it. Well, the bridge is also fairly unfriendly for infantry, but they generally seem to have enough cover to scare off enemy vehicles and support friendly ones. Other than that, it's best to use good ole' armored vehicles.

It's a great vehicle centric map. Unlike Dragon Pass which has a shitty layout, overabundance of MAA vehicles, invincible trees, and other nonsense as well.

I'm leveling so fast it's insane. I already maxed out support and am almost done with engineer along with the pistol tree and it only took me about an hour.

It's fairly easy to unlock all of the EXP related stuff thanks to the double xp on top of xp boosts. The assignments can still be a total pain in the ass though.

Tubie

I have 7 200% boosts, 16 100% and 25 50%. Wonder how far those would get me if I just did Metro only. I'm close to 132 now.

Metro gets so boring tho, it's only fun when one side completely dominates the other or at least breaks the gridlock at B.

TheSeks

is it possible to get battlescreen on a windows 7 pc? if it is i can't figure it out...

i play on xbox one

Yes. Once your in a server click the blue bar on Battlelog that says "<NAME> IS PLAYING BATTLEFIELD 4 ON <PLATFORM HERE>" the map one is the one you want to click.

I have 7 200% boosts, 16 100% and 25 50%. Wonder how far those would get me if I just did Metro only. I'm close to 132 now.

Metro gets so boring tho, it's only fun when one side completely dominates the other or at least breaks the gridlock at B.

Break 20K a game twice (depending on how long your boost lasts if you die/repeat to where it stops the timer to carry it over to another round. Any boost used at end of round will be counted. DO NOT RENEW ONE IF YOU'RE IN A ROUND AFTER THE ROUND STARTS. THAT ONE IS LOST. IE: 200%->100% = 100% counted at the end of round. NO 300%) and you can nearly level up from P30->P40.

Problem is getting the 20K on Explosive maps, even the no-explosive Metro ones are iffy.

TheSeks

ty for link. bought!

edit: lol 1.1MB download. ok.

It should have two seperate downloads for Premium Pass/DLC stuff and the base game/BF4. At least if it functions like I think it should function from the PS3 store-front.

Haven't played BF4 online prob this year at all, but the $30 premium offer has brought me and some friends back in.
Please tell me friends joining my squad is easier, and works.

TheSeks

Yep that's what I was referring to. Damn that blows. Wtf is the point of those 25% boosts then? Pointless.

They're semi-helpful at low levels and during non-2XP I guess?

Absolutely pointless otherwise, I agree.

Drifters

Guys, just got BF4 with my ps4... Is premium still worth it and should I get the expansions or just play the regular maps and get used to the play? I'm a BF3 vet and 4 is definitely different.

Guys, just got BF4 with my ps4... Is premium still worth it and should I get the expansions or just play the regular maps and get used to the play? I'm a BF3 vet and 4 is definitely different.

Depends, CQ large is still popular on all maps (DLC included), fringe game types are pretty dead.

The fact that BF4 will be supported fully for at least one more year is good news, perhaps enough to justify premium.

Top Bottom