• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

belvedere

Junior Butler
So I bought BF4 premium on PS4 but cannot play premium maps in the game. It shows premium as purchased on the PSN and in game shows I have premium. Anyone have any ideas?

Lulu23

So I bought BF4 premium on PS4 but cannot play premium maps in the game. It shows premium as purchased on the PSN and in game shows I have premium. Anyone have any ideas?

The Premium thing you download from the store isn't the actual maps, neither are the huge updates that came alongside the map packs. You have to download every single map pack individually, either from the ingame or the Playstation Store.

Tubie

The nerf to med bags is also a massive nerf to the XP you can get from metro/locker. Those are still by far the fastest maps to rank up in tho.

About to pull the trigger on this, just got a ps4 and don't have any games yet. Base BF4 is currently $12 and premium edition is $30. Are the extra maps worth it, are they populated?

also have most of the netcode issues been sorted out yet?

Tubie

About to pull the trigger on this, just got a ps4 and don't have any games yet. Base BF4 is currently $12 and premium edition is $30. Are the extra maps worth it, are they populated?

It's worth it for the maps and the weapons, yes.

The netcode issues were resolved months ago, the game is in a great state right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Premium is ALWAYS worth it (despite me hating it) because it gives you weapons in addition to the maps. It's a no brainer to simply get it.

Drifters

Depends, CQ large is still popular on all maps (DLC included), fringe game types are pretty dead.

The fact that BF4 will be supported fully for at least one more year is good news, perhaps enough to justify premium.
So what's the fastest way to level up? I see the whole double xp thing which is nice but are the battle pack cards do the same thing? (Effective ly?)

TheSeks

Well that's a first. Back and Forth on Metro 1000 tickets to where the RU team was pushed back, abused the hell out of smoke retook B and pushed the US side into A and kept them there to a loss of 53 RU to 0 US.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I got the BF4 premium edition for PS4, holy shit the 64 players conquest mode is nuts worth the 30 bucks alone. Looks pretty similar to the PS3 version except that is smooth as butter, i'm officially back in.

TheSeks

Sniping the bomb carrier off the helicopter they just got on is one of the most badass things I've pulled off in Sabotage so far. I gotta get adjusted to the yellow/red bar ranges, but once I do it's probably on motherfuckers.

Khronico

This L85a2 assignment is killing me. I can never seem to get the right angle for a defib kill. Do I have to be directly behind someone for it to work?

TheSeks

This L85a2 assignment is killing me. I can never seem to get the right angle for a defib kill. Do I have to be directly behind someone for it to work?

Find an oblivious sniper. Pull out defibs. Charge them. Release charge on person within a reasonably close range. Defib kill.

Now do 10 of them for the Medic Dogtag.

That, Sniper Rifle kills, and Mine kills are stopping me from the non-support class dogtags. Getting people to use the ATV dropped as Commander is stopping me from commander's.

Khronico

Find an oblivious sniper. Pull out defibs. Charge them. Release charge on person within a reasonably close range. Defib kill.

Now do 10 of them for the Medic Dogtag.

That, Sniper Rifle kills, and Mine kills are stopping me from the non-support class dogtags. Getting people to use the ATV dropped as Commander is stopping me from commander's.

Hmmm. I didn't realize it had to charge. Guess I'll try for it tomorrow again.

All I have left now is finishing recon kit, getting the dmr's, sniper rifles, and carbines. Gladly it took a tenth of the time it took on ps3 to do this because of the double xp + boosters. Also 64p metro helped lol.

Dr Prob

Banned
Don't know why, but this set me off:

f2K301d.gif

The most electrifying man in engineering!

TheSeks

Hmmm. I didn't realize it had to charge. Guess I'll try for it tomorrow again.

All I have left now is finishing recon kit, getting the dmr's, sniper rifles, and carbines. Gladly it took a tenth of the time it took on ps3 to do this because of the double xp + boosters. Also 64p metro helped lol.

You don't need to fully charge it, per say. But the reason you're not killing most people is because the revive with no charge gives you 20HP on a revive, so the converse is 20 HP DAMAGE. To kill someone, you need to charge so it goes up by 36->50->75->80->100 or so by ~6 second charging (unless you have Combat Medic and the third stage/defib upgrade. In which case you get 100% revive in 1-2 seconds flat on charging. Instant revives still give 20% IIRC).

Dibbs

Im looking for people to play with as a squad, doing the objectives, teamplay etc etc. So tired of squad members not giving order nor playing as a team.

Im 27, Swedish, playing infantery (medic) mostly, conquest & conquest large. PC. Together we shall prevail! PM!

Lulu23

It's a shame that no one plays Rush or Domination on the DLC maps (Europe).
I think DICE should just take all other game modes out at this point in time so the main game modes will be more populated. (I don't know if Obliteration should count as a new main game mode, you tell me.)

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I gotta say, while the wins and easy kills from all the Xmas noobs are great, I was getting so frustrated last night. Not so much from lack of objective play, but lack of situational awareness. I can't even count the number times I had a guy lined up and then some dude would run out right in front of me, blocking my shots, get killed by the guy I was shooting at and then cause me to get killed. Also had a tn of xm25 shots blocked in the exact same way.

xinek

I sold off PS4 BF4 months ago, and I just re-bought it on the PSN sale with Premium. I have to say, it's impressive how much this game has improved. Very little lag, no rubberbanding, and it's hard to describe how much better the general feel is. Hope it stays that way and it wasn't just a good server day!

It's disappointing to see how little activity there is with the DLC maps, though. Do people really just like Conquest?!

Also, holy battlepacks. That was tedious to open all those.

Soulez

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been asked already, I've searched but haven't been able to find anything concrete.

I currently own the regular BF4 for PS4, if I purchase the Premium version, that's currently on sale for $30 on the PS Store, will I have to unlock everything all over again? Or will it be treated like an upgrade?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've searched but haven't been able to find anything concrete.

I currently own the regular BF4 for PS4, if I purchase the Premium version, that's currently on sale for $30 on the PS Store, will I have to unlock everything all over again? Or will it be treated like an upgrade?

It's just an upgrade. Your current level and unlocks should stay the same. At least that's how it is on PC, so I can't imagine it being any different on consoles.

Dr Prob

Banned
I gotta say, while the wins and easy kills from all the Xmas noobs are great, I was getting so frustrated last night. Not so much from lack of objective play, but lack of situational awareness. I can't even count the number times I had a guy lined up and then some dude would run out right in front of me, blocking my shots, get killed by the guy I was shooting at and then cause me to get killed. Also had a tn of xm25 shots blocked in the exact same way.

I like when people jump in your tank and start spinning the turret around, indiscriminately firing at who knows what.

SHOCK AND AWE BABY!

Lulu23

Do you own the regular BF4 on disc or is it digital?

I own the disc version, and then bought the Premium digital version on sale.
The disc install wasn't playable with the digital license so I had to download & install everything again, but my multiplayer progress carried over just fine.

It's probably similar with the digital version, though I am not sure.

You could however, just buy Premium by itself which is currently on sale for 25€, so probably 25$, 2$ less than the Premium version right now. At least it was the last time I checked, and since it is the same sale, I suspect it still is 50& off.

TheSeks

Faceless.

CHARLOTTE. JOHNATHAN.

/Entered anyway, despite only wanting a PS4 for Uncharted.

SharpAttorney said:

You can still shoot through them unless BF4 prevents that from BF3.

The XM25 grinds me gears though. You see me firing an explosive weapon and decide to stand in front of the chokepoint and me to die. FFS.

Khronico

I've had so many matches lately where the squad leader never gives out orders. I'll even point it out to them and they completely ignore me.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I like when people jump in your tank and start spinning the turret around, indiscriminately firing at who knows what.

SHOCK AND AWE BABY!

Or the guy just sitting in the AH pilot seat and not taking off from spawn. Just fire a few rockets every couple minutes and sitting there.

Facism

I had a game on Firestorm today where i was in a tank at D. I had a squad member in his own tank at the same flag. Enemy tank comes rolling in, i spot him, start shooting at him thinking it was going to be easy with 2 of us there.

Other guy is trying to snipe snipers @ C's Tower of Losers and is completely oblivious to the tank 10 meters away from him.

Got out and C4'd his tank whilst he was repairing after i took the enemy tank out.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I had a game on Firestorm today where i was in a tank at D. I had a squad member in his own tank at the same flag. Enemy tank comes rolling in, i spot him, start shooting at him thinking it was going to be easy with 2 of us there.

Other guy is trying to snipe snipers @ C's Tower of Losers and is completely oblivious to the tank 10 meters away from him.

Got out and C4'd his tank whilst he was repairing after i took the enemy tank out.
+1!

Hey guys! I just upgraded from the PS4 version to the PC version. I also got Premium! Feel free to add me! I'd also like an add to the PC Platoon!

Battlelog/Origin/Steam: Inferno313

Tubie

I'm not getting battlepacks for class service stars, I guess they didn't really fix that. I did get a random battlepack from an XM25 airburst service star today...

The 3 battlepacks I earned today were really good tho: 1 200%, 2 100% and 5 50%.

Joe

is it possible to get battlescreen on a windows 7 pc? if it is i can't figure it out...

i play on xbox one

Yes. Once your in a server click the blue bar on Battlelog that says "<NAME> IS PLAYING BATTLEFIELD 4 ON <PLATFORM HERE>" the map one is the one you want to click.

my blue bar on battlelog only lists "loadout" and "servers". there is nothing that says map...anyone have any ideas?

my blue bar on battlelog only lists "loadout" and "servers". there is nothing that says map...anyone have any ideas?

So after a fairly quick glance at some other forums mentioning this, it seems that this works fine for players who use a PS4.

For the Xbox One version you apparently need Smartglass to make it work which means you need to have at least Windows 8, and even then people seem to be still having issues getting it to function despite having the aforementioned prerequisites (apparently they can only get it to work on tablets and phones and not on a proper PC).

Keep in mind that I don't have either console versions, so I could be wrong about some of this.

Joe

So after a fairly quick glance at some other forums mentioning this, it seems that this works fine for players who use a PS4.

For the Xbox One version you apparently need Smartglass to get it work which means you need to have at least Windows 8 for this to work, and even then people seem to be having issues getting it to work despite having the aforementioned prerequisites (apparently they can only get it to work on tablets and phones and not on a proper PC).

Keep in mind that I don't have either console versions, so I could be wrong about some of this.

thanks for the post and the info, appreciate it. chrome 64bit also seems to have issues with battlelog so im going to update IE and give it a go.

Top Bottom