• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Lulu23

So after a fairly quick glance at some other forums mentioning this, it seems that this works fine for players who use a PS4.

I can confirm that. Did it a couple of days ago with my laptop (Chrome) as I was playing on PS4 on the screen. Really awesome feature btw..

FakeEdit:

I still want to be added to the console platoon. PSN name is Lu_Vit, I already applied on Battlelog.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
my blue bar on battlelog only lists "loadout" and "servers". there is nothing that says map...anyone have any ideas?
You need to be in a server with a map loaded. I haven't used it in a while, but I remember that is sometimes didn't appear. That circumstance seemed to lesson, dakarzero had the great idea of bookmarking the battle screen page when you did get the map open. This way you can just go to the bookmark once in game and it loads right up.

Also possible that you didn't see it because there are some lingering effects from the big Ddos attack it seems, both with sony and ea's servers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Second screens pretty pointless last time I tried it though. Maybe more useful on consoles if you can't pull up the "big map" with M.

Khronico

I don't think I'll ever be able to properly fly helicopters/jets with mouse and keyboard. I used to go entire matches without getting shot down on ps3 bf3/bf4 but I can't even fly straight on PC.

TheSeks

People whining about the bow need to "git gud."

Person: "OMG THE ENEMY CAN KILL ME IN A DIRECT CONFRONTATION WITH THE BOW OUT!?"

Me: "So why do you have it out in close-quarters?"

Person: "ZOMG DEFENSIVE PERK."

Me: "That's by design, even DICE will tell you."

Person: "ZOMG ZOMG WEAK."

*headshot a person in the hallway underground with the bow as he says this* Me: "LOL."

It's okay, you can admit the bow isn't for you guys. It's fine, not all of us are Katniss and able to save our districts. You can be the sacrificial lamb for my bow hunting.

TheSeks

Campaign isn't that bad guys. :/ Just needed a bit more free-form like the "destroy the tank" section as a training-wheel/aid for the multiplayer.

Joe

played metro for the first time ever last night and it is the shit.

its insane to me how few people actually use squad orders when they are the leader.

I finished the mastery tags and hit the level cap. I'm done with this game until something significant happens with it.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, bros.

Kak.efes

I'll give it a shot. You want to demolish a bunch of ten year olds, Lost? I read somewhere most PVZ players are children.

When is Planetside 2 coming out?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I ran into a pretty nasty bug while playing second assault, i was in conquest and suddenly i could only shoot my pistol but it had a changing texture. I tried to close the game but it froze my PS4 so i had to a hard shutdown, Dice fix this shit.

TheSeks

Explain the XP perks....do they start as soon as you open the packs?

No.

Open them. What you get is what you can "equip" in the in-game menu for an hour each. Play during that hour = how ever the boost is (25/50/100/200%) counted. Pro-tip: COUNTS DOWN WHILE YOU'RE ALIVE. If your team is about to win and you're dead STAY DEAD BECAUSE:

Protip 2: End of round = boost is counted. IF A ROUND ENDS WITH THE BOOST EXPIRED THE BOOST COUNTS AT THE END UNLESS YOU RENEW A NEW BOOST. So if you had a 200% and then do a 25% the 200% boost at the end of the round is LOST. DO NOT RENEW YOUR BOOST on round-expire/new round and that 2 min leftover time ends at the start of the new round.

Protip 3: USE ONLY DURING 2XP: 100/200%. USE ANY OTHER TIME: Pointless bullshit of 25/50% because you'll literally be swarming in 25%'s which are utterly pointless past the 100 cap.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I ran into a pretty nasty bug while playing second assault, i was in conquest and suddenly i could only shoot my pistol but it had a changing texture. I tried to close the game but it froze my PS4 so i had to a hard shutdown, Dice fix this shit.
I didn't have a bug that changed my gun or effected my firing, but I had some odd connection type stuff and then had the whole system freeze when changing maps requiring a hard shutdown. I think it is connected to the servers from the Ddos and is on sony's end. One bug that you have seen one time doesn't require a 'Dice fix this shit.' Nor is Dice here to hear you.

Joe

IF A ROUND ENDS WITH THE BOOST EXPIRED THE BOOST COUNTS AT THE END UNLESS YOU RENEW A NEW BOOST. So if you had a 200% and then do a 25% the 200% boost at the end of the round is LOST. DO NOT RENEW YOUR BOOST on round-expire/new round and that 2 min leftover time ends at the start of the new round..

what if, for example, a 100% boost expires halfway through a match....should i A) use a new 100% boost, or B) just dont do anything and use a new boost at the start of the next match?

So first game after PSN went back of after xmas – 12 level 1s and 5 no levels on the other team. It was glorious.

Another xmas noob bonus: I got the Firestorm tower burn-off kill. Finally.

---

The map is much more focused towards vehicles rather than infantry. Infantry in that map is most powerful in the Walker factory and the 3 flags near it.
It can get boring, though, once you get C and F on lockdown. Then its time to jog.

It's a great vehicle centric map. Unlike Dragon Pass which has a shitty layout, overabundance of MAA vehicles, invincible trees, and other nonsense as well.
Then let me clarify: Dragon Pass and Karelia are out-and-out hostile towards infantry. If you don't feel like driving an LAV or a tank, you're gonna hate your life. Silk Road might be the epitome of this.

Contrast that with a vehicle focused map like Caspian. Lots of nooks and crannies to hide in, and caps aren't 70 miles apart.

It can get boring, though, once you get C and F on lockdown. Then its time to jog.

Yup.

Then let me clarify: Dragon Pass and Karelia are out-and-out hostile towards infantry. If you don't feel like driving an LAV or a tank, you're gonna hate your life. Silk Road might be the epitome of this.

Contrast that with a vehicle focused map like Caspian. Lots of nooks and crannies to hide in, and caps aren't 70 miles apart.

You're right, both maps give infantry a very hard time overall. Giants of Karelia is a very nice map for those who want vehicular combat first and foremost. Dragon Pass on the other hand simply has little to no redeeming qualities IMHO.

I pretty much only fly jets in Silk Road because of how bad the layout of that map is. Most matches on that map seem to devolve into tank sniping contests.

I wouldn't necessarily say Caspian is a vehicle focused map even though it does have a good amount of vehicles available. That map does a really good job of mixing infantry and vehicle combat without making one overwhelm the other, and it's pretty much required to have a nice mix of both infantry and armored vehicles in order to win against a good team.

Here's hoping they make some great maps for BF4 this year.

TheSeks

what if, for example, a 100% boost expires halfway through a match....should i A) use a new 100% boost, or B) just dont do anything and use a new boost at the start of the next match?

You should wait anyway since the 100% will carry over to your final score. Then reapply a 100% the next round.

I'm really getting sick of having to play base police on large wide-open "uncaps." To where I have to hoof it around to find a fucking beacon on hills and shit just for them to come back five minutes later and the process restarts. At least in BC2 most of the uncaps had two lanes to where you didn't have to check fifty damn miles to find a beacon.

Tubie

You should wait anyway since the 100% will carry over to your final score. Then reapply a 100% the next round.

I'm really getting sick of having to play base police on large wide-open "uncaps." To where I have to hoof it around to find a fucking beacon on hills and shit just for them to come back five minutes later and the process restarts. At least in BC2 most of the uncaps had two lanes to where you didn't have to check fifty damn miles to find a beacon.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to explain.

As I understand it, all the XP you get till the boosts runs out will receive that boosts %, when you renew your boosts to a lower % all that you do after that gets that %. I know that's how it works because I see the difference in XP when I look at the ribbons if I switched to a different boost mid match.

Your final score will be whatever you score with the first boost + whatever you score with the new one.

TheSeks

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to explain.

As I understand it, all the XP you get till the boosts runs out will receive that boosts %, when you renew your boosts to a lower % all that you do after that gets that %. I know that's how it works because I see the difference in XP when I look at the ribbons if I switched to a different boost mid match.

Your final score will be whatever you score with the first boost + whatever you score with the new one.

AFAIK, the score at the end of the round is calculated on the NEW boost. So if you use a lower one it counts that one over the 100%. The 100% that ended will count toward the boost in score (100pt kills being 200/300 IIRC for 200%) but the end of round won't count that 100% if you use a 25% because the 25% replaces it at the "end of round."

To be safe, you shouldn't renew a boost and let the expired one carry over to the end of round for maximum profit. Unless DICE changed this.

I'm about to fucking lose it. MCC and the Halo 5 beta are a bitch to get into matches tonight for me and I go to this game finding no 64 player conquest matches. Aahhhhh! Plants vs Zombies better not let me down.

manfestival

I got bf4 cause it was on sale on PSN for 12 dollarinos. Pretty nice so far. Granted I was convinced it was not worth the 60 dollars at launch. This experience seems to be what BF3 should have been. Minus some of the cool effects like the weather and etc. I cant see that having been a thing but the damage for sure

Drifters

Thanks guys for the explanation on the boosts. I'm sitting on 8 200%, 4 100% and a smattering of 25%. Leveled 4 levels on just a 25%, going to go I later and use the 200% later tonight.

NotBacon

Why is the server browser jacked up on ps4? Here's what I have checked in the filter: Conquest Large, all the maps, official or ranked, normal, west US or east US.

If I dont specify the # of empty slots: I'm getting a bunch of servers with like 40-something or less people in them.

If I specify 1-10 empty slots: I get like 3 servers.

If I specify Full: No servers.

This is a very wide/basic filter and bf4stats.com says there's over 26,000 people on ps4 right now.

Edit: Maybe the player counts are wrong? Because I'm getting placed in queues in all of these servers listed at 40-50 out of 64...

Bought this (PC) for $5 off gamestop's digital download service. Exactly the amount I was willing to pay for this game and after several hours of play, it was just right.

Can't help but notice the netcode is still total shit. And not having premium reduces the server possibilities a lot, but I can still find some really fun Team Deathmatch and Rush games. I'll stick to non-premium for.... ever, yes, forever. :p

Dr Prob

Banned
Why is the server browser jacked up on ps4? Here's what I have checked in the filter: Conquest Large, all the maps, official or ranked, normal, west US or east US.

If I dont specify the # of empty slots: I'm getting a bunch of servers with like 40-something or less people in them.

If I specify 1-10 empty slots: I get like 3 servers.

If I specify Full: No servers.

This is a very wide/basic filter and bf4stats.com says there's over 26,000 people on ps4 right now.

Edit: Maybe the player counts are wrong? Because I'm getting placed in queues in all of these servers listed at 40-50 out of 64...

There are two different things going on:

First, the latest patch introduced a wacky glitch where you have to uncheck everything in the normal/hardcore/infantry/classic preset column in order to get accurate results; otherwise it will just show a handful of maps (most unpopulated) for some reason.

Second, the issue with player counts not displaying properly/being placed in queues even when it seems there are empty slots is relatively new (think it started after the DDOS attacks) and isn't affecting everyone. It's a mystery for now.

Have no help to offer on the latter, but you should definitely try unchecking 'normal' and see if that helps.

As to the Karelia/Dragon Pass debate; while both are certainly vehicle-first maps (Karelia being just slightly more infantry friendly due to having varied elevations and the indoor section) they really can't be compared because Dragon Pass just sucks so hard. That place is truly special; a vehicle-focused map where using vehicles is annoying and makes you want to get out and walk. To even mention any map in comparison is blasphemous.
BLASPHEMOUS! GUARDS, TAKE HIM AWAY!

t0rment

so the servers are fucked on ps4 again. sigh.

also, dragon pass might be worst map i've played on BF, i'm not even playing china rising anymore because of it.

TheSeks

Facism said:
amazing, just been on a team that lost ALL the flags on whiteout to a team of recons
pure fucking shit

#dying #dead

I wish I wasn't busy making dinner to have seen this, dude.

AEREC

Bought premium on PS4 during the sale (have vanilla on PC), been playing a lot and have yet to see any maps besides the base game maps...what deos it take to play on some of the new maps?

I mainly do Conquest and small conquest.

Spot

I've been working on the Phantom assignments for the bow. Is the bow even worth it after all of the tedious stuff I have to do?

NotBacon

Bought premium on PS4 during the sale (have vanilla on PC), been playing a lot and have yet to see any maps besides the base game maps...what deos it take to play on some of the new maps?

I mainly do Conquest and small conquest.

Did you actually download the dlc or just purchase premium?

Just bought and played the game for the first time. Holy shit! It is so insane and fun :) Grenades are thrown from nowhere and everything is blown up all over the place. Heck, I couldn't see shit for a moment and sometimes, I died for no good reason :p Very much enjoy the game so far :D

Anw, does anybody have information about the next DLC? :)

Top Bottom