• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

It's just so disappointing to see such a shit map make a return to BF4, especially since it could have been any other map from BF3. If they wanted an infantry focused map then why not just bring back Strike at Karkand instead. :\

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's just so disappointing to see such a shit map make a return to BF4, especially since it could have been any other map from BF3. If they wanted an infantry focused map then why not just bring back Strike at Karkand instead. :\

Karkand on Conquest can get really bad. Maybe with the diving mechanics and an "alternate route" like they added to Caspian for C and the wall, it could improve. But that "island" for D/E on PC would trap the other team 9/10 of the rounds I played on Karkand in Conquest. :/

On PS3 it wasn't too bad, but I didn't like it. I'd honestly rather throw Metro in the fire and bring back Sharqi with a little more cover for the open areas to prevent helicopter abuse. Otherwise it's the perfect map for helicopter, tank, and infantry play.

Milennia

i actually like grand bazaar quite a bit.
a lot of that "like" is due to its atmosphere, which i think would be great for BF4 since its a game that claims to love rain, yet only has 1 rain map.

dumbest reason ever, but fuck that is something that bothered me.
i like rain maps as well as snow maps.

Karkand on Conquest can get really bad. Maybe with the diving mechanics and an "alternate route" like they added to Caspian for C and the wall, it could improve. But that "island" for D/E on PC would trap the other team 9/10 of the rounds I played on Karkand in Conquest. :/

On PS3 it wasn't too bad, but I didn't like it. I'd honestly rather throw Metro in the fire and bring back Sharqi with a little more cover for the open areas to prevent helicopter abuse. Otherwise it's the perfect map for helicopter, tank, and infantry play.

They took out 2 flags that were deeper into the "island" too. But like you said, with the diving mechanics and some adjustments it would have been great if you ask me. They made adjustments to all of the Second Assault maps from BF3 to BF4, they could've done the same with Karkand.

Also, I don't consider Alborz Mountains to be a very good map but I loved it anyway, would've been great if that made it through too.

Now I understand where all this Op Metro hate came from PC players in BF3. This map is nearly impossible to beat as the US side with 64 people, not even with all the new areas they added. Do the lazy fucks at DICE even play test their own maps before they release them?

Yep. Same design mistake as in BF3: Since the Russians have the high ground and can camp the stairs from above, it's majorly unbalanced in their favor. I'm still disappointed that they brought this map back when Operation Locker is essentially Metro, but better because it actually gives each team an equal opportunity to win. Metro is just a shit map all around.

TheSeks

Though, let's be honest: The biggest crime for Second Assault is the set placement for first set Oman Rush and Sabotage/Obliteration's sets.

WHY.jpg DICE. :( Oman Rush was PERFECT you didn't even need to add boats or diving or water to it! WHY.jpg!? ARGHHHHHHH. :(

Alborz was pretty but we have Altai to take that maps "place." If it came back it would need stairs or easier "climb" routes for Infantry. Half the time I spent on PS3 on it was having to jump and hope to "mantle" up to the next slope to jump-mantle to the next slope to the peaks. Stupid.

It's the same issue BC2 Port Valadez's "alt route" that isn't the main road had for infantry at times if the pipe-line was hit and "destroyed" a little. Players couldn't climb up easy and had to jump for minutes to get up somewhere.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The two dumbest glitches that showed up in the last two updates that I somehow managed to avoid finally happened for the last hour that I tried to play. Keyword being try.

That stupid glitch/rank server whatever nonsense where no one has a rank and has everything at level one happened for me for 6 server hops straight, and not even to say that I had much choices of servers to join in the first place, it was just join, leave, join, leave as soon as I saw that I had level 1 weapons and equipment at the spawn screen.

After that many tries, I finally get into a match only to get shit like dying super-quick while it takes a second of shooting before my shots register hit markers on people. Had a few instances from the same person twice in a row where he kills me instantly and the game doesn't show me where he is, not even his body whether he was dead or alive. Whatever, I adjust and win the match. Next map is Siege of Shanghai, and hop into someone's tank and I get that BS where I have no turret and can't shoot. I think about how I actually managed to not get this shit to happen to me all this time and now it finally happens to me. Time moves on and I get my own tank, surrounded by guys while we armed an objective, I have a gunner with me, I'm killing guys and I'm wondering why my gunner isn't shooting guys that are right in his view too - then I realized that he has the glitch too, which probably means that everyone in the match has it as well, making tanks half as effective as they should be.

Good fucking job DICE. That's why you won't get a cent from me for maps or Premium even if you finally fix all this shit. I've only played twice since this update came out and can't even enjoy it in the only two matches I played for the day.

terrible

Banned
My team (which sucked btw) got spawn trapped in a game of domination and we were called campers. Lol people are such assholes sometimes. Literally kept spawning us in the exact same spot for half the match. Not a lot we can do there fellas.

TheSeks

Altai Range is nowhere near as pretty as Alborz Mountains #truthfact

The one thing I'd give Alborz is the forest to Mountain transition. The forest was pretty and actually felt like fighting in a forest and then you'd start to climb the mountain in a nice segue transition. But the mountain climbing wasn't fun as all since the elevation dragged vehicles (like Altai) and the infantry footing was awful (which was fixed in Altai).

Zeppeli

Banned
Game worked fine for months. Now it locks up after getting into a match with nothing moving on screen and a looped 2 second audio sample of when I joined the match. Reinstalled, nothing. Single player works fine.

What the fuck?

The one thing I'd give Alborz is the forest to Mountain transition. The forest was pretty and actually felt like fighting in a forest and then you'd start to climb the mountain in a nice segue transition. But the mountain climbing wasn't fun as all since the elevation dragged vehicles (like Altai) and the infantry footing was awful (which was fixed in Altai).

Yup, agreed on everything you said. The map is also really nice for air vehicles especially jets because you could actually go above the clouds and there were nice areas to maneuver around when locked on or dogfighting. Because of that it also made it easier for jets to destroy ground targets because of the terrain.

It's the ultimate cock block in multiplayer first-person shooters: You round the corner and see five unsuspecting foes, all with their backs turned to you. You aim down your weapon's sights and unload on the poor bastards, gritting your teeth as you do so. You manage to take out four of them, but then something happens: You suddenly stop firing and your character raises his weapon, removes the old magazine, and slowly begins inserting a new one. The last remaining guy, now well aware of your presence, turns around, takes aim, and fires. You don't shoot back because you can't. You were caught in the middle of a reload, and now you're dead.

Altai Range is nowhere near as pretty as Alborz Mountains #truthfact
Alborz looked prettier, Altai is a better map.

It's the ultimate cock block in multiplayer first-person shooters: You round the corner and see five unsuspecting foes, all with their backs turned to you. You aim down your weapon's sights and unload on the poor bastards, gritting your teeth as you do so. You manage to take out four of them, but then something happens: You suddenly stop firing and your character raises his weapon, removes the old magazine, and slowly begins inserting a new one. The last remaining guy, now well aware of your presence, turns around, takes aim, and fires. You don't shoot back because you can't. You were caught in the middle of a reload, and now you're dead.
lob a grenade in a good spot then open fire!

TheSeks

Switch to pistol->Fire.

Take the Battlefield Survey.

"MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT!

As a valued customer, we’d like your input to help us improve your gaming experience.

We've created a short survey to help us better understand your gaming needs and preferences. Please take a few minutes to and make your voice heard."

Or copy and paste the following URL into your Internet browser:
https://eamobile.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1ENyMO770xCMfM9&uid=60551742553&Q_lang=EN-GB

Just been sent this email from EA, it's a VERY short survey but it might help make some change for the good...

terrible

Banned
How common are PC crashes at this point? I was having a heck of a round and BAM, game froze and I got that "stopped working" message box or whatever it was.

:(

Gleethor

Can't get into a single fucking match on ps4. Nothing up with my router or internet, keep getting "lost connection to the session".

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Take the Battlefield Survey.

"MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT!

As a valued customer, we’d like your input to help us improve your gaming experience.

We've created a short survey to help us better understand your gaming needs and preferences. Please take a few minutes to and make your voice heard."

Or copy and paste the following URL into your Internet browser:
https://eamobile.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1ENyMO770xCMfM9&uid=60551742553&Q_lang=EN-GB

Just been sent this email from EA, it's a VERY short survey but it might help make some change for the good...

3/10 for likeliness to recommend Battlefield 4 with a thorough explanation with the game still having loads of numerous glitches 7 updates in. 10/10 likeliness to discourage someone from spending money on Battlefield 4.

Why? Because I was crazy enough to give the game one more shot 2 hours after my post and got the most ridiculous rubberbanding I've had in a match in any game. Before just now, I've only ever had one match with rubberbanding in BF4, and it lasted all of 2 seconds.

Just now? For 7 minutes straight. Think I'm going to just put the game away and continue with all of the other untouched games I have in my vast 360 collection that actually work.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sniping is so alien to me. I hate these assignments but.. I.. must.. complete.. them..

Besides zeroing, I don't like sniping in Battlefield 4 as much as I did in 3. I'm not even entirely sure what changed aside from the new trajectory line.

TheSeks

Scope sway? I think.

Scope sway was introduced in BF3. It was toned down slightly in BF4 but it's still there. Which is terrible coming from BC2 and other titles that didn't copy the CoD sway. :|

TheSeks

How common are PC crashes at this point? I was having a heck of a round and BAM, game froze and I got that "stopped working" message box or whatever it was.

:(

It's a LOT better than it was on launch. Launch was crashing often. Now it's only crashing in Dawnbreaker (Crashbreaker), still. And like... Metro/Second Assault which was introduced last patch. Otherwise I can go most days without any huge crashes. Though I'm thinking it has RAM/memory leaks since I do get freezes now and then.

Creaking

Y'know, maybe it's just the maps. I have a harder time finding good sniping spots in all the Battlefield 4 maps. That's also probably why I enjoyed Kharg Island rush so much.

Think I done attempting to play this game until the next patch. Everytime I try to play a SA map or even a normal map, I get the sound loop crash, memory leak, or the game just freezes up on me. Bf has always been my favorite fps and I can get over the bugs and glitches.

terrible

Banned
It's a LOT better than it was on launch. Launch was crashing often. Now it's only crashing in Dawnbreaker (Crashbreaker), still. And like... Metro/Second Assault which was introduced last patch. Otherwise I can go most days without any huge crashes. Though I'm thinking it has RAM/memory leaks since I do get freezes now and then.

My freeze was on Locker Domination. Hopefully that was just one of those random rare freezes.

I will say that my FPS is miles better than it was in the beta though. I'm getting 100+ pretty consistently now like I was in BF3, just now I have to lower lots of settings compared to BF3 (I don't mind). In the beta I was getting like 30-50 FPS max regardless of my settings which is why I skipped buying it on PC at launch. Seems they've come a long way from then on the PC side of things.

Kak.efes

Any thoughts on the CZ-3A1? I started using it, and man, that thing is pretty good at close to medium range. I think I prefer it to the UMP as far as PDW's go.

Creaking

Any thoughts on the CZ-3A1? I started using it, and man, that thing is pretty good at close to medium range. I think I prefer it to the UMP as far as PDW's go.

I love it from what little I've used it. I've discovered my affinity for high fire rates. You can master aim and control with a gun that has high fire rate but lowered stability. A gun that is stable but slow cannot be made to fire faster.

Top Bottom