• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I understand how it works, it's hilariously overpowered.

Not really. IIRC you can MAV the "controller"/launch pad and the hit detection is all kinds of wonky.

It was fucking broke when it launched, however. The damn thing was able to be spammed every two seconds.

Joe

went a round in metro with only 2 kills and 1 death but still had most points on either team just from giving squad orders, dropping medic bags, and spotting. it was my best round ever so far.

Just downloaded BF4 on PS4. Premium is included but do I have to manually donwload all expansions? It's around 40 GB atm.

I hope people are still playing this.

VariantX

Just downloaded BF4 on PS4. Premium is included but do I have to manually donwload all expansions? It's around 40 GB atm.

I hope people are still playing this.

Don't worry people play this game still. Mostly conquest, rush, tdm, and dom though. All the dlc gets played as well. Haven't checked if they're going to allow premium servers to have custom rotations involving all DLC yet though.

The PS4 playercount really jumped back up after Xmas. Before Xmas and after COD came out it dropped to like 30k a day, now its back to 55k, equal to the PC and higher than the other consoles.

TheSeks

Guys are there any beginner guides for this game? I get hopelessly lost when playing..

1. SPOT SPOT SPOT
2. REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR/HEAL HEAL HEAL (pref. with boxes, fuck the "sticky" starter ones)/RESUPPLY RESUPLY RESUPPLY (pref. with the boxes for greandes/explosives. Fuck the sticky/starter ones)/REVIVE REVIVE REVIVE (BUT CHARGE THE FUCKING PADDLES. GOOD GOD.)
3. Do this every two minutes.
4. ??????
5. Congrats, you're better than 95% of the playerbase now.

Oh and if you're playing sniper/recon: PLD/T-UGS/C4/Beacon. USE THEM. Don't just sit there and snipe pew pew pew while not spotting or locking targets.

AEREC

The PS4 playercount really jumped back up after Xmas. Before Xmas and after COD came out it dropped to like 30k a day, now its back to 55k, equal to the PC and higher than the other consoles.

I have vanilla PC BF4, but always wanted it on the PS4 just for ease of use. The recent sale pushed me over the edge.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Guys are there any beginner guides for this game? I get hopelessly lost when playing..
XFactor has a bunch of beginner videos. Best way I find to describe the game to beginners is that this game isn't cod with set routes and limited posibilities. Think of most of the maps as open worlds and act as you would if you were Ina battlefield in an open world. Be aware of where fire can come in on you (are you standing in an open field or making sure to run with a hill or berm on one side). Basically, limit the options for people see you and be aware of what is around you.

Dr Prob

Banned

Putting a variation of 'bf4 beginner guide' into YouTube will yield a number of results (as SharpAttorney said, Xfactorgaming has a whole series), but if you have any specific questions I'm sure everyone would be willing to help. Everyone except Elzar.

manfestival

that feeling when playing paracel for the second time and chilling at C defending it like a boss. Some enemies come on the beach so I go to the trench and out of nowhere. HUGE BOAT CRASHED IN THE TRENCH AND KILLED ME

This being my first Battlefield I found it enormously helpful to start in Domination to get a handle on basic gunplay and gadgets.

Then as I was comfortable, I moved up to small and then large conquest. It was easier to learn to deal with the larger maps and vehicle dynamics with a solid grasp on the fundamentals.

Rank 140!

I played so much this week, I think I need a long break from this game. I'm glad it's done tho.

Who am I kidding, I'll be back tomorrow completing the Engineer ultimate assignment or getting headshots with the stupid bow.

I've noticed a lot of rank 1-40 players joining 24/7 metro servers and it's made stuff like this possible: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/551459093944208192/245489359/

Nice! Whenever I look at people's stats it makes me realize how BAD I am at this game, but I am really enjoying it a ton!

Drifters

1. SPOT SPOT SPOT
2. REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR/HEAL HEAL HEAL (pref. with boxes, fuck the "sticky" starter ones)/RESUPPLY RESUPLY RESUPPLY (pref. with the boxes for greandes/explosives. Fuck the sticky/starter ones)/REVIVE REVIVE REVIVE (BUT CHARGE THE FUCKING PADDLES. GOOD GOD.)
3. Do this every two minutes.
4. ??????
5. Congrats, you're better than 95% of the playerbase now.

Oh and if you're playing sniper/recon: PLD/T-UGS/C4/Beacon. USE THEM. Don't just sit there and snipe pew pew pew while not spotting or locking targets.
I went 4/22 yesterday and was second place with 32800 points just because I was a field medic healing and dropping packs. With my boosts and 2xp I jumped 7 levels. Lol.

VariantX

I went 4/22 yesterday and was second place with 32800 points just because I was a field medic healing and dropping packs. With my boosts and 2xp I jumped 7 levels. Lol.

You might be getting even more points for your playstyle, depending on what the teamplay initiative does in terms of rewarding support and squad actions.

TheSeks

Ugh. Last five bow headshots are eluding me. Not that they're hard, just I keep missing by inches and getting a body shot. :/ Damn range continues to fuck with me.

Edit: As I say that, I get one. 4 more bow headshots then it's just getting kills.

Got a SWEET bow kill off a roof near C's bomb site on the US side of Shanghai sabo. AMAZING. Took me like two shots to nail it down. Damn range/sticks are inconsistent. Do a "yellow" range a la Levelcap's guide, totally miss because it goes for green. Same with the red. I wonder if using the fire-selection mode is what helps with aiming with the sticks.

manfestival

I know this is probably a jinx but ive probably played like 10 games of conquest since getting the game and only lost the first game I ever played of BF4. soooooooooooo that just seems so incredibly improbable but it is nice since it happened. RIP when it goes away

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I know this is probably a jinx but ive probably played like 10 games of conquest since getting the game and only lost the first game I ever played of BF4. soooooooooooo that just seems so incredibly improbable but it is nice since it happened. RIP when it goes away
Funny, cuz all the games that I could get into today have been nothing but losses. I always join on the losing team and the team balance is so unfair.

Dr Prob

Banned
Has a reason been given why?

No. Posted that they were looking into it a few days ago, now it's happening on the XBone as well.

Also, I love this game.

msSsdHJ.gif

duganator

Neo Member
If any of you guys want to add me on battlelog on PC, my username is duganator9. I normally play metro no explosive, but also play a fair bit of rush and conquest large.

Kak.efes

Sunk quite a bit of time into this game, and it was broken for more than half of it.

K/D: 2.2
SPM: 1,130
KPM: .91
77% Wins
23% Losses
9% Quit

If I make the H.O.F, DICE can keep the ring.

TheSeks

PHANTOM OPERATIVE said:
[x]PLAY AS PREMIUM ONCE
[x]OPERATIVE ORDERS RECEIVED

AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Get 200 kills with the Phantom 163/200
Get 50 headshots with the Phantom 50/50

Headshot get. Now I can just hunt wounded enemies to pop in the chest or get assist counts as kills for the last 37. \o/ Muuuch easier than gauging range for headshots.

Drifters

You might be getting even more points for your playstyle, depending on what the teamplay initiative does in terms of rewarding support and squad actions.
Maybe so. Kinda funny. Corridor (I think is the snow map in the hills) with that huge open pit on point C, has so many pinch points that my jaw dropped when I was first on the 64 player server. The sheer amount of shit exploding and going off left me confused. Now tho, I pretty much just focus on revives and med packs at the pinch points and act as support to the offensive minded. I enjoy it from my TF2 days and I get a lot of kudos from the guys in game for the quick revive.

Tubie

Nice! Whenever I look at people's stats it makes me realize how BAD I am at this game, but I am really enjoying it a ton!

Oh man no, I've been terrible, and still am at max rank.

I was the worst noob you would imagine in Battlefield. I got this game out of impulse on a black friday sale back in 2013. I only had interest in the single player campaign and that was the main reason I got it. I had never played multiplayer online games before aside from MMORPGs. I was terrible at BF at first, but I kept playing and trying to get better. You just need to set small milestones for yourself and you will be amazed at how much you improve over time. I can still find so many other players that are way better than me so I still consider myself a bad noob :p

MattyG

Banned
I'm so bad at this game on PC. It's been quite a while playing anything on PC, and even longer playing a BF game, so it's going to take quite a while to get into the swing of things again.

manfestival

I'm so bad at this game on PC. It's been quite a while playing anything on PC, and even longer playing a BF game, so it's going to take quite a while to get into the swing of things again.

probably want to play squad deathmatch before diving into conquest or rush

TheSeks

probably want to play squad deathmatch before diving into conquest or rush

No. Dive in Sabo, Rush, or Conquest. PTFO > KDR.

Throw out kit items.
Spot GODDAMN IT SPOT.
Repair/PLD.

TAH-DAH, you're supporting far more than the KDR PEW PEW PEW PEW L337 SN1P4H people are.

terrible

Banned
No. Dive in Sabo, Rush, or Conquest. PTFO > KDR.

Throw out kit items.
Spot GODDAMN IT SPOT.
Repair/PLD.

TAH-DAH, you're supporting far more than the KDR PEW PEW PEW PEW L337 SN1P4H people are.

Being able to kill > anything else. Everything else comes easy once you can do that.

While you're getting used to the game repairing, giving out ammo, etc is a way to still be useful though.

Being able to kill > anything else. Everything else comes easy once you can do that...

Agreed. Killing enemies is the fundamental skill upon which the others rely.

Spot.
Shoot at enemies as soon as you see them.
Push the objective while doing your class job--unless you think your class job is long-distance sniping.

Khronico

Been spending some quality time with LMG's for the phantom assignment. I think my favorite LMG is the M60 followed closely by the M240 and M249.

Top Bottom