• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Facism

Been spending some quality time with LMG's for the phantom assignment. I think my favorite LMG is the M60 followed closely by the M240 and M249.

M249 has too much kick for my liking :( Sprays everywhere, need to find an attachment setup that works for me.

M60 is boss though. Been using it for the last week. ROF is a bit shit but it's easy enough to adjust my game to compensate.

there are just some maps where TDM is damn mess and some where you would swear they were perfect and not just a portion of a much bigger map.

Operation Metro is very much a terrible TDM map.

also, seems like no one is playing the Naval maps in TDM. I'm guessing those really stink for that mode? Or is it that that map pack isn't as well regarded as the others? Just wondering, since i only played vanilla last year, sold the game till it got in better shape, and am returning now since it was $30 on the PS4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
M249 has too much kick for my liking :( Sprays everywhere, need to find an attachment setup that works for me.

M60 is boss though. Been using it for the last week. ROF is a bit shit but it's easy enough to adjust my game to compensate.

It's all about the AWS anyway.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
there are just some maps where TDM is damn mess and some where you would swear they were perfect and not just a portion of a much bigger map.

Operation Metro is very much a terrible TDM map.

also, seems like no one is playing the Naval maps in TDM. I'm guessing those really stink for that mode? Or is it that that map pack isn't as well regarded as the others? Just wondering, since i only playd vanilla last year, sold the game till it got in better shape, and am returning now since it was $30 on the PS4.
Actually the NS maps are the best Dom and TDM maps, no clue why no one is playing them. The layouts are different than any of the other maps for those game modes.

Actually the NS maps are the best Dom and TDM maps, no clue why no one is playing them. The layouts are different than any of the other maps for those game modes.

weird then. Maybe i'll try again during a busier time of day.

Also, is it worth playing engineer to use carbines? I rarely play engineer but im curious as to how carbines play in BF4.

Tubie

It's all about the MG4 anyway.

Fixed.

Also, is it worth playing engineer to use carbines? I rarely play engineer but im curious as to how carbines play in BF4.

You mean play enough to unlock them? Totally yes.

You can use them with every kit, and they're pretty much Assault Rifles that generally have slightly less range but more hip fire.

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?ACE_23_vs_ACE_21_CQB

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?M16A4_vs_M4

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?SCAR-H_vs_ACE_52_CQB

I personally love playing Recon with a Carbine+Radio Beacon+C4.

Ocho

I'm so bad at this game on PC. It's been quite a while playing anything on PC, and even longer playing a BF game, so it's going to take quite a while to get into the swing of things again.

Forget about shooting guns. Learn how to use vehicles.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
weird then. Maybe i'll try again during a busier time of day.

Carbines can be used in any class in this game, if you don't have them unlocked then use engi and get them unlocked. A lot of great guns in that class of firearm.

Dr Prob

Banned
HELP: Sorry for my ignorance, how do I embed a video from youtube?

You can't on the regular forum (though there is a script thing people use that changes links into embedded videos on their end), but they embed by default on mobile.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
You can't on the regular forum (though there is a script thing people use that changes links into embedded videos on their end), but they embed by default on mobile.

Ohhhh, I thought I had seen embedded videos before, but never made the connection between the mobile and web based.

Kabuto

Agreed. Killing enemies is the fundamental skill upon which the others rely.

Spot.
Shoot at enemies as soon as you see them.
Push the objective while doing your class job--unless you think your class job is long-distance sniping.

RIP

I've been using the AK-12 and PDW-R for their mastery dog tags; they're both surprisingly good!

AK-12 has no recoil and PDW-R is a Carbine with really good hipfire.

QBB-95-1 LMG is turrible though

Khronico

RIP

I've been using the AK-12 and PDW-R for their mastery dog tags; they're both surprisingly good!

AK-12 has no recoil and PDW-R is a Carbine with really good hipfire.

QBB-95-1 LMG is turrible though

PDW was my jam back in BF3, loved it so much.

Have you tried the MTAR? It's shockingly effective. Completely vertical recoil that's very easy to control, accurate, decent damage, and decent reload speed. It's prob my favorite carbine.

Tubie

Have you tried the MTAR? It's shockingly effective. Completely vertical recoil that's very easy to control, accurate, decent damage, and decent reload speed. It's prob my favorite carbine.

Funny to think that gun has gone through like 3 rounds of nerfs and it's still amazing.

TheSeks

Funny to think that gun has gone through like 3 rounds of nerfs and it's still amazing.

Is it? A lot of people think it's bad. Or I'm thinking of another carbine?

Edit: Ah, nah. I'm thinking the QBZ. Dunno why I'd think the MTAR.
---

In other news: Ultimate Commander GET. Now I can finally lay that mode to rest until DICE trolls me again and makes me drop 100(!) ATV's on people that they won't ever use. :|

Celcius

°Temp. member
For the past 1.5 months or so I haven't been able to play because as soon as a match loads up then it will completely freeze and I'll have to reboot. All other games run fine, the pc is stable, etc... I've tried different drivers, re-installing the game, drivers, directx, microsoft .net runtime, punkbuster, etc... to no avail. Any ideas?

TheSeks

For the past 1.5 months or so I haven't been able to play because as soon as a match loads up then it will completely freeze and I'll have to reboot. All other games run fine, the pc is stable, etc... I've tried different drivers, re-installing the game, drivers, directx, microsoft .net runtime, punkbuster, etc... to no avail. Any ideas?

Run process manager and see what your CPU/RAM/Hard-drive are all doing? Sounds like something is locking up when it shouldn't.

Survive the Hunger Games, dudes.

TheSeks

Being told you're good by a bunch of PC clans with no sarcasm = great feeling. Not "pro level" but certainly helping even with KDR bombs.

JJD

You're good Seks, come back to PS4 and help me drag Dream and the old BFBC2 crew back to BF and I'll play Rush with you everyday.
I haven't played BF4 in more than 6 months, and frankly I don't miss it. You guys made the game fun to me.

You're good Seks, come back to PS4 and help me drag Dream and the old BFBC2 crew back to BF and I'll play Rush with you everyday.
I haven't played BF4 in more than 6 months, and frankly I don't miss it. You guys made the game fun to me.

some of us play rush still.

Kabuto

MTAR is a great carbine, but the reload is too long for my play style :( I always get killed in a middle of a reload when I use it.

How the fuck does this even happen?

7 m-com attacker ribbons and we didn't even make it to the last set. Jesus fucking christ I hate the people that play this game. Totally fucking worthless team. My previous best was on the same map(Golmud) where I got 5 ribbons but I think we won that game. I'm only playing rush to get the 250 ribbons as I already have the mode dog tag...so this worked out in my benefit but I'm so pissed off with dipshits not even trying to arm the m-coms or make sure they stay armed. I'm hardly great at this game...I swear I just outsmart people 90% of the time. Anyone on my squad could have done what I did...spawn beacons were lined up to land pretty damn close to m-coms...but nope...hardly got any help getting to the m-coms(was in full stealth mode of outsmarting the opposing team) and definitely no help defending them once set.

Dr Prob

Banned
How the fuck does this even happen?

7 m-com attacker ribbons and we didn't even make it to the last set. Jesus fucking christ I hate the people that play this game. Totally fucking worthless team. My previous best was on the same map(Golmud) where I got 5 ribbons but I think we won that game. I'm only playing rush to get the 250 ribbons as I already have the mode dog tag...so this worked out in my benefit but I'm so pissed off with dipshits not even trying to arm the m-coms or make sure they stay armed. I'm hardly great at this game...I swear I just outsmart people 90% of the time. Anyone on my squad could have done what I did...spawn beacons were lined up to land pretty damn close to m-coms...but nope...hardly got any help getting to the m-coms(was in full stealth mode of outsmarting the opposing team) and definitely no help defending them once set.

Weird things going on today. Never see you playing Rush (don't play it much myself), yet a few hours ago I was playing that mode too and ended up having the opposite experience with randoms. Got team switched and at first I was like "oh no," but then something strange happened. I would put an order on a crate and then we would like, go to that crate together and win and stuff. It was beautiful, like something from a dream. Don't even know what the hell this is but it happened too:

Wow man

That's right, GAF subscribers (both of you)---back in business!

Also, thanks for that T-UGS the other day BoatAck. Most helpful thing that happened in hours.

TheSeks

dGn5Qrw.png

OH GOD. YOUTUBE CELEBS ARE SPREADING TO OTHER MODES AND SERVERS NOW. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Please kindly fuck off and leave the servers I join, goddamn it.

TheSeks

I don't need thousands of [XW] people and the like in the server. We already have a max population joining daily. I don't need that flood. Nor do I need stupid shitheels like Ponylion joining to ruin the fucking server with their "stunt set up" bullshit in the middle of a match.

How often are double xp events? I have some 200% boosts that im not sure to save or use

Once a month. Maybe more this coming year since we're off the "planned Premium" calendar now. But who knows. They did one for the holidays which was nice and not done for BF3 premium last year. So... *shrug* Your guess is good as mine. Save them just in case. I would.

---

5 losses tonight. 1 win. Another win could've happened if I didn't get team switched in the middle of the round. Ugh. Kinda angry about that but since it's with a clan I regularly play with in their server I can't be too angry but I can still be sore about it. :|

At least I played semi-well despite shit connections on all the servers I tried tonight. Dunno what is with the molasses feeling (throttling Battlefield connections?) but damn.

Ocho

I don't need thousands of [XW] people and the like in the server. We already have a max population joining daily. I don't need that flood. Nor do I need stupid shitheels like Ponylion joining to ruin the fucking server with their "stunt set up" bullshit in the middle of a match.

Lol'd. Stop hating.

JJD

I don't see how "stunt set-up" is that much different from "I'm chasing assignments."

There's dumb assignments, but the majority still encourages you to play the game properly or go for the objective. Just look at the assignment tab at Battlelog.

Ponylion stunts take a lot of time and a couple of squads to pull off. Those guys are usually somewhere on the map far away from objectives doing their thing completely oblivious to what's going on the game. Chances are the team they are "playing" for will lose because 8 maybe 12 of their players aren't even trying to kill enemies.

I don't think it's the same.

TheSeks

Lol'd. Stop hating.

Ponylion sucks because:

There's dumb assignments, but the majority still encourages you to play the game properly or go for the objective. Just look at the assignment tab at Battlelog.

Ponylion stunts take a lot of time and a couple of squads to pull off. Those guys are usually somewhere on the map far away from objectives doing their thing completely oblivious to what's going on the game. Chances are the team they are "playing" for will lose because 8 maybe 12 of their players aren't even trying to kill enemies.

I don't think it's the same.

DING DING DING DING we have a winner. Keep that shit to you and your Youtube celeb hosted servers. Keep it OUT of my fucking game playing servers kthxbi.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's funny that the subject of YouTube people came up, because I ran into that dude level cap games or whatever in my squad, and he was playing the objective. Of course the two random dudes on my squad were on mic kissing ass or whatever, but overall he was doing the objectives and following squad orders.

JJD

It's funny that the subject of YouTube people came up, because I ran into that dude level cap games or whatever in my squad, and he was playing the objective. Of course the two random dudes on my squad were on mic kissing ass or whatever, but overall he was doing the objectives and following squad orders.

I love Level. I know people bitch a lot about him being a paid shill or whatever but even if he is, his analysis and videos are still great. I don't really mind him making money out of his videos.

LevelCap, Xfactor, Matimio and others are all good players and usually play the objective.

Ocho

Ponylion sucks because:

DING DING DING DING we have a winner. Keep that shit to you and your Youtube celeb hosted servers. Keep it OUT of my fucking game playing servers kthxbi.

I don't know who that guy is nor have I seen one of his videos, but in the game you posted he is #2 on his team and performing decently. I seriously doubt he does 'stunts' all the time, he may be a better player than you. Even Drunken squad fool around in the game once in a while (it's a game after all). I find your hate hilarious. Why would anyone get worked up over this? Hopefully more people will join them modes you like and no one really play. Worst case he fucks around and you join the other team and win the game.

Exactly. I doubt anyone only fucks around (maybe only Kane don't ever know what he is doing).

TheSeks

I seriously dunno what is up with the servers this past week. 120-150 connections jump to 180-190. Really annoying to have a molasses feeling in my movements.

Top Bottom