• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Tubie

I just got premium, and I want that bow.
But 200 Tank kills? FUCK.

Just play with them a lot, like if you die wait for another tank to spawn before deploying, so all you do is tanks.

Avoid roads and paths where it might make sense for engineers to place mines (and always spam that spot button, you will be able to spot mines from far away most of the time) and try to flank or limit the areas where you might get attacked from. And don't be afraid of pulling out if it seems an area is just swarming with engineers.

Also, active protection is a must have, so use that as soon as you unlock it. Going against another tank that has it will always be rough for you.

Nvzman

Just play with them a lot, like if you die wait for another tank to spawn before deploying, so all you do is tanks.

Avoid roads and paths where it might make sense for engineers to place mines (and always spam that spot button, you will be able to spot mines from far away most of the time) and try to flank or limit the areas where you might get attacked from. And don't be afraid of pulling out if it seems an area is just swarming with engineers.

Also, active protection is a must have, so use that as soon as you unlock it. Going against another tank that has it will always be rough for you.
thanks for the advice, I'll have to remember that.
FInd a golmud 24/7 server you'll get those kills in no time.
That's the plan for me XD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, spectator mode still has that weird third person-while-in-first-person view vehicle bug where if someone enters the gunner seat (or pilot seat) of a ground vehicle you get the third person view and no way to actually see what they're doing.

Thanks, Zh1nt0.

ISOM

Guys, I have been missing in action from BF4 for about 6-7 months due to my computer not working and having to use my laptop. I just bought a new computer and am ready to jump back in. Could anyone recap what I've missed?

Ocho

Guys, I have been missing in action from BF4 for about 6-7 months due to my computer not working and having to use my laptop. I just bought a new computer and am ready to jump back in. Could anyone recap what I've missed?

Game works now. They fixed a lot of stuff.

Tubie

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta-info

Visceral Games said:
You've been asking about it, waiting for it, and while we can't tell you everything (like when it's coming), we're dropping the first details about the Battlefield™ Hardline beta today.

First, take a test drive of Hotwire, an all-new mode coming to Battlefield focused on combining all-out warfare with all-out speed. This is how you introduce yourself to the new flavor Visceral Games is bringing to Battlefield with Battlefield Hardline. Or you can go all-out in 64-player cops and criminals warfare in the oldie but goodie, Conquest.

There won't be a cap on the max progression level so whether you’re busting criminals or fleeing the cops, unlock away.

Open beta coming soon(?) to all platforms.

First time they mention 64 players and Conquest. I might consider this if the Beta isn't complete ass like it was during E3. It's weird they announce this but give no date for when it starts.

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta-info

Open beta coming soon(?) to all platforms.

First time they mention 64 players and Conquest. I might consider this if the Beta isn't complete ass like it was during E3. It's weird they announce this but give no date for when it starts.

to be fair, the E3 beta was a real beta, not a highly polished demo that for marketing purposes was labeled a beta. betas can and will be rough, so it's hard to hold a game to its beta.

What a beta should be doing is serving as a testing ground of sorts for a game, something BF4 could've desperately used and that Visceral seems to have done with Hardline. Too bad the whole cops and robbers thing doesn't appeal to me that much, but i'm glad to see that they're not bullshitting about trying to launch this game with as few issues as possible.

Best of luck to them, and yeah, at least they're trying not to make the same mistakes that BF4 did. Unless the game turns out to be amazing, I don't see myself picking it up either.

Will try out the next beta for sure though. I'm particularly interested if the quality of weapon animations are any better, since they felt like a huge downgrade compared to BF4.

Was playing great with my Intel dual-core processor until the game actually started to hit near 64 players in a server, then my FPS dropped to sub-5 FPS. Fucking insane that this game demands that much.

Spl1nter

I have no interest in Hardline with Battlefront coming out in the Fall.

Tigge said today on twitter, Shanghai Night map on CTE in the coming weeks for testing.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
They'd rather make it BF4 redux than delay it. They know the Star Wars kids will eat a shit sandwich to play.
If it doesn't get delayed, it will either suck or be a bf4 reskin. If it's out this fall, it's a 2 yr development for a game that is starting from almost scratch? I can't see anything good coming from that and certainly nothing worth basing whether or not to get a ge coming out six months earlier.

3.0 ... heh ... *remembers BC2 days*

I think we had like a 10.0+ W/L ratio, just disgusting. Then for me in BF3 went to a 4.0+ and now in BF4 to a 2.0+. I think my K/D has steadily gone down over the games as well. Am I just getting older? Of course, but I blame less time to play than I once did.

Yup, way too big to delay it.

Battlefront is going to make so much money. It is definitely my most anticipated game of this whole year (unless Fallout 4 comes out). I loved the older Battlefront games and to have this next one made by DICE, be still my heart.

Ocho

I'll give Hardline beta a shot (didn't play alpha or whatever) and if it's casual fun I'll buy it. Wasn't planning to, but I'm in the mood for a new fps.

The modes in the alpha were interesting, but the rounds were too short, especially that capture the money mode. It definitely needed work, which is why the delay was a good call. There was a good game tucked underneath that mess, so it's nice to see them not releasing an undercooked game.

TheSeks

The modes in the alpha were interesting, but the rounds were too short, especially that capture the money mode. It definitely needed work, which is why the delay was a good call. There was a good game tucked underneath that mess, so it's nice to see them not releasing an undercooked game.

Honestly the modes didn't inspire confidence in me. The new modes they've shown so far since still hasn't inspired confidence in me.

It just feels "half-assed" and not really thought out. The fact they aren't showing their "heist" and the other Capture the Money mode off again really speaks volumes to me about how they don't have faith in those modes being thought out better.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nah, it's not that. They've been saying night maps are coming for a while now (before they were hinting at a 6th DLC).

Cool. Reminds me of how Max Payne 3's multiplayer maps had random times of day and weather settings, which almost made up for how few of them there were.

Khronico

Hmmm.

Dunno if I want to play through the campaign again on PC for the P90 and M249... the m249 was my most used weapon by far on the PS3 and I love it, but... that campaign...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't know how I'm going to manage to get the Phantom bow. I've got all the Phantom assignments complete, but I haven't found any of those boxes with the dogtags in em on Final Stand, and I rarely ever find more than one Gaffer playing on PS4 at a time, let alone 3 premium owning Gaffers who also have the Phantom qualifications.

I don't know how I'm going to manage to get the Phantom bow. I've got all the Phantom assignments complete, but I haven't found any of those boxes with the dogtags in em on Final Stand, and I rarely ever find more than one Gaffer playing on PS4 at a time, let alone 3 premium owning Gaffers who also have the Phantom qualifications.

Add KneelBeforeSaad. Got a server for it and buddies who will help

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Hmmm.

Dunno if I want to play through the campaign again on PC for the P90 and M249... the m249 was my most used weapon by far on the PS3 and I love it, but... that campaign...
Unless you lost your save, all you have to do is play the last mission twice and choose the different endings.

TheSeks

I assume Khronico is doing it fresh on PC.

Even then there's an alternate method with messing about with a file to get all three to unlock instantly. It was earlier last year in this thread that someone said something about that.

But even then doing the campaign on easy shouldn't take you more than like 4 hours.

Top Bottom