• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Khronico

Even then there's an alternate method with messing about with a file to get all three to unlock instantly. It was earlier last year in this thread that someone said something about that.

But even then doing the campaign on easy shouldn't take you more than like 4 hours.
Yeah maybe I'll just crank it down to easy and cruise through.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Into the 2nd year of this game, and people still underestimate the HVM.

I never bothered with weapons pick ups. Then I realized it was free kills. Now at the beginning of every match I run to it and take down their choppers. Boom Free kills.

No idea why this is not a thing everyone does.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm 40 kills into the tank kills for phantom prospect and i think i'm going to go insane. Tanks are mind numbingly boring.

Wut. Tank kills are EASY. And Tanks are pretty much required
unlike jets
in all modes (not named Team Deathmatch) for Battlefield.

People saying "roadkills are hard :(" is WUT as well. Get in a tank. Move it back and forth while people attempt to C4 you. BOOM, roadkills. Or use the CUAV/SUAV to slap people with.
Or use the TV missile if you have balls to get it that way.

Jet kills is the only hard part of the Phantom Stuff.

unlike jets

People saying "roadkills are hard :(" is WUT as well. Get in a tank. Move it back and forth while people attempt to C4 you. BOOM, roadkills. Or use the CUAV/SUAV to slap people with.

I'm doing jet kills right now in air superiority and it's not that bad. Just plugged in my controller and set everything to Ace Combat controls. It's coming along, at least I only need 20 of em.

Roadkills I plan on using the SUAV, it's a little slow but it's better than getting in a vehicle and wasting your shot.

Tanks are just...Man, I dunno. I just don't get it.

terrible

Banned
unlike jets

you pretty much never want to be in a position where anyone could ever attempt to c4 you when you're in a tank though.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Silk Road + Dirt bike = 25 roadkills in less than 5 matches. (took me 2)

I always have a frustrating time hitting people with the dirtbike. 3/4 times it looks like it hits head on, but the enemy ends up fine, and very aware of my presence.

Tubie

I always have a frustrating time hitting people with the dirtbike. 3/4 times it looks like it hits head on, but the enemy ends up fine, and very aware of my presence.

Yea that did happen to me a few times when I did it. It's super funny getting kills this way tho, specially when you kill the same person multiple times.

TheSeks

Silk Road + Dirt bike = 25 roadkills in less than 5 matches. (took me 2)

The dirtbike and ATV have wonky roadkill hitboxes. Ever since BC2. I don't trust them. Just use a big honking vehicle like the tank or LAV and go to down running over people stupid enough to attempt to C4 you in the front or back.

Easiest way to get roadkills is with a LAV. If you see infantry on open space just run them over, they can't really dodge it because the LAV is faster.

Hmmm, I didnt realise Hardline changed up the soldier roles quite drastically.

Apparently the mechanic ie engineer now can only use PDWs, they get no rocket launchers (they are map pickups), they are the only ones to have the ability to use the defensive perk and lastly and more importantly they get a spawn beacon as a gadget.

Curios to see the other changes.

TheSeks

Apparently the mechanic ie engineer now can only use PDWs, they get no rocket launchers (they are map pickups), they are the only ones to have the ability to use the defensive perk and lastly and more importantly they get a spawn beacon as a gadget.

Wow ballsy to drop the engineer's RPG from the loadout. Can't wait to see how powerful vehicles mow down people unless they're still razor thin unless you're in the "armored vehicle" health.

TheSeks

But if the save wipes, don't the unlocks as well?

No. Since they're saved on Battlelog. So powerthrough to the last level, make your choice(s) and redo that level unless it wipes the save progress.

Tubie

Is there a fix for the Xbox One version's campaign not saving? This is ridiculous.

Save your file to a USB stick after every play session. Upload it whenever you go back to it if it gets deleted. I know this works for PS4 but I assume it should for X1 too.

Hmmm, I didnt realise Hardline changed up the soldier roles quite drastically.

Curios to see the other changes.

Where are you getting this info from?

Was playing a round of Metro and some guy was using a glitch to be under? the floor and killing people, got me 6 times...so frustrating. Looked the guy up after, he went 108-13 K/D his lifetime is 1.01 K/D.

Facism

got called a "cuddling little fuck" after ramming an enemy MBT with mine so he had mounted me, unable to shoot me as i loaded shell after shell into his belly :lol :lol

alright i'll eat crow. Just finished phantom prospect and I was having fun in the tanks by the end of the 200.

Granted I was on an instant vehicle respawn server, but still.

TheSeks

got called a "cuddling little fuck" after ramming an enemy MBT with mine so he had mounted me, unable to shoot me as i loaded shell after shell into his belly :lol :lol

That's kinda a dick move. Now and then it's needed, but I dunno about doing that in sake of "fairness."

RBK

Banned
Final Stand must not be very popular going based off the amount of servers available for Rush/Conquest alone.

Probably should have played a ton during the initial launch.

TheSeks

All's fair in love and war mate.

What pisses me off more is people that go to the "uncaps" to steal vehicles or mine the area. It's such a dick move to do that even if you're team is winning.

Facism

That's kinda a dick move. Now and then it's needed, but I dunno about doing that in sake of "fairness."

for context, i'd just rolled into flag e on caspian with 54hp left as the guy spawned into his brand new shiny mbt.

i'm not dice, m8. i don't always play like a gentleman ;)

TheSeks

fairness? u going soft?

Don't get me wrong, it's "kosher." But I feel bad. Probably too many rounds on servers that get lopsided REALLY quickly.

wait... what!?

In Sabotage it's EXTREMELY easy to steal vehicles or mine it in the uncap. Think BC2 Conquest uncapping and base-police. It isn't like Rush where the defense gets a TURN BACK YOU ARE LEAVING THE AREA... 10... 9... out of bounds notification for attempting it. In Sabotage you can basically fly a helicopter into their base and steal their vehicles and hold them in your "side" if the other team isn't good or skilled enough to get engineers to hit them. It makes rounds too easy and (IMO) unfun/unfair to the otherside in actually attempting to stop a complete steam roll.

Edit: In fact in Paracel Sabotage the US(?) team can go to the RU boat/carrier spawn and basically mine the water area to take out the RHIB's coming out of the carrier. It's shit like that that really makes me not like the tactic because it's shooting fish in the barrel and not really much "espionage" involved. Same with Railroad. One person puts a beacon in the open plains of the other side's spawn. The other person spawns on the beacon and places mines/etc. to take the enemies vehicles.

I mean at least in Conquest on Bad Company 2 you could clear the person out within minutes and stop their shit completely and maybe have one person play base police without it ruining the entire match. In BF4 it's entirely too easy with spawn beacons/etc to pull that shit and continue to do it for the whole round.

TheSeks

What's the best way for me to jump into this multiplayer brand new?

Playing on an Xbone, downloaded from EA Access.

Pick a mode that sounds fun (Rush/Sabotage). Join game.

Use your kit items. Spot. Repair. Spawn beacons. Spot. Use commorose. Spot. Did I mention spotting? Oh, and shoot people while going for the objective.

Congrats. You're playing.

TheSeks

So is this not very popular in Xbone? I want a good MP shooter that has fun progression as far as weapons and other unlocks go.

I'm pretty sure it's popular but the X-box population is weaker than the Playstation population.

Conquest is the most popular mode no matter the platform since it's "old school Battlefield"/the only mode that 1942/BF2 had.

You can play the other modes but the population and servers won't be as numerous.

Don't get me wrong, it's "kosher." But I feel bad. Probably too many rounds on servers that get lopsided REALLY quickly.

In Sabotage it's EXTREMELY easy to steal vehicles or mine it in the uncap. Think BC2 Conquest uncapping and base-police. It isn't like Rush where the defense gets a TURN BACK YOU ARE LEAVING THE AREA... 10... 9... out of bounds notification for attempting it. In Sabotage you can basically fly a helicopter into their base and steal their vehicles and hold them in your "side" if the other team isn't good or skilled enough to get engineers to hit them. It makes rounds too easy and (IMO) unfun/unfair to the otherside in actually attempting to stop a complete steam roll.

Edit: In fact in Paracel Sabotage the US(?) team can go to the RU boat/carrier spawn and basically mine the water area to take out the RHIB's coming out of the carrier. It's shit like that that really makes me not like the tactic because it's shooting fish in the barrel and not really much "espionage" involved. Same with Railroad. One person puts a beacon in the open plains of the other side's spawn. The other person spawns on the beacon and places mines/etc. to take the enemies vehicles.

I mean at least in Conquest on Bad Company 2 you could clear the person out within minutes and stop their shit completely and maybe have one person play base police without it ruining the entire match. In BF4 it's entirely too easy with spawn beacons/etc to pull that shit and continue to do it for the whole round.

no different from mining the crap out of the enemy spawns in BF3 CTF.

TheSeks

no different from mining the crap out of the enemy spawns in BF3 CTF.

True. But who honestly played CTF in BF3? Like after a week of that pack being out it was dead.
:(

Like I said, it's "kosher." But I don't really like how it changes the dynamics of the game and is too easy to pull off with the beacons. BF3's beacons didn't seem as powerful (to me) and BC2 you had to hoof it/drive there and abandon a vehicle to pull it if they caught you. It wasn't as brain-dead easy to spawn fuckery as BF4 does. :/

I've been in too many rounds on the infamous server for Sabotage where two-four people do it and I just have had enough of it. It isn't fun to have to sit there and play base police for 20 min rounds each time to prevent them from taking vehicles.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So is this not very popular in Xbone? I want a good MP shooter that has fun progression as far as weapons and other unlocks go.

Current pop numbers for the different platforms.
h6GzbEz.png

It's popular on Xbone. But the most popular game mode is Conquest, so that's usually what you'll play. There are plenty of Rush and TDM servers as well, but they are fewer. Other modes are hit or miss.

Game is solid though, and I'd definitely recommend it.

Top Bottom