• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Edit: In fact in Paracel Sabotage the US(?) team can go to the RU boat/carrier spawn and basically mine the water area to take out the RHIB's coming out of the carrier.

Pretty sure RU players can camp in the US team's carrier too.

There's always Conquest for those that want proper BF.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pretty sure RU players can camp in the US team's carrier too.

There isn't a carrier for the US side (or whatever is on the right) for Sabotage. I dunno if that's different for Conquest but probably the same. For Sabotage the RU players can go to the "island" and camp there as well.

Like I said: It's REALLY easy to pull that tactic and a bit of a dick move for the mode since it's pretty damn easy to pull off if people aren't paying attention.

US team is left side. RU/CN Team is right side. This is for Paracel Storm

A couple of players from the RU/CN Team were in the US carrier when I was playing Obliteration in Paracel Storm. They camped the Little Bird and the RHIBs and used their RPGs as soon as someone spawned on it.

TheSeks

A couple of players from the RU/CN Team were in the US carrier when I was playing Obliteration in Paracel Storm. They camped the Little Bird and the RHIBs and used their RPGs as soon as someone spawned on it.

Right, that's another thing for Paracel on the mode: Said dick-moves will go into the carrier and climb up since DICE allows the US team to spawn near the boats and then climb up to take the helicopter if someone doesn't spawn in it. Conversely the RU dicks can do the same and if set up right they can stop people with the stolen RCB + helicopter from leaving the carrier.

While they're doing that the US team if ignoring the troll can win, I've done it many times. But it really wears you out and you get tired of that shit after a while.

Right, that's another thing for Paracel on the mode: Said dick-moves will go into the carrier and climb up since DICE allows the US team to spawn near the boats and then climb up to take the helicopter if someone doesn't spawn in it. Conversely the RU dicks can do the same and if set up right they can stop people with the stolen RCB + helicopter from leaving the carrier.

While they're doing that the US team if ignoring the troll can win, I've done it many times. But it really wears you out and you get tired of that shit after a while.

i still remember when the attackers AA was in the playable area for defenders on Kharg!

Mahonay

Banned
I just realized I have 161 transport vehicle kills on Battlelog.

That's more kills than I have with Attack and Scout helicopters combined. I am a truly awful helicopter pilot. I'm finally starting to get better though, to the point where I don't actively avoid getting into them anymore.

So who still plays on PS4?

I'd like a list of people to add.

My PSN is MeatyPetey91.
I typically only play with my cousin (who is also a gaffer Zach 3000) and his PSN is Zach_Knoll.

We have over 600 combined hours.
We play conquest.

Kill/Death of 1.52 and 1.63 respectively.

I've been in a server before with ~7-8 gaffers a month or two ago.
You guys were pretty good. Very high win percentages amongst you guys.
We play to win but sometimes it is hard to make a huge difference with only two guys. We want like minded players. (And maybe a friend or two who can fly a jet well :p)

We are looking to play with some GAFers. We play several nights a week. Typically just base maps but we also like Naval Strike and China Rising.

We play to win and are good teammates.

So what say you GAF? Let's play!

TheSeks

i'm not sure seks understood what i did or why :p

No. I understand completely. I just find it a little "unfair" to push someone up to save your own skin in tank combat. Same with a few other things.

That's more kills than I have with Attack and Scout helicopters combined. I am a truly awful helicopter pilot. I'm finally starting to get better though, to the point where I don't actively avoid getting into them anymore.

Learning to fly is easy. Hitting things with the primary/rockets + dodging shots locks is the learning curve. Same with the jets. You can "fly" with no issues, but hitting targets and avoiding locks/lasting long enough to kill people? Good fucking luck with that. I gave up on ever lasting more than a taxi in a jet. Helicopters I'll gunner for, otherwise I don't bother flying them due to the locks.

Tubie

No. I understand completely. I just find it a little "unfair" to push someone up to save your own skin in tank combat. Same with a few other things.

Learning to fly is easy. Hitting things with the primary/rockets + dodging shots locks is the learning curve. Same with the jets. You can "fly" with no issues, but hitting targets and avoiding locks/lasting long enough to kill people? Good fucking luck with that. I gave up on ever lasting more than a taxi in a jet. Helicopters I'll gunner for, otherwise I don't bother flying them due to the locks.

Being the gunner on the attack chopper is great. It's like super easy kills if you have a pilot who knows at least the basics of handling the chopper.

TheSeks

Being the gunner on the attack chopper is great. It's like super easy kills if you have a pilot who knows at least the basics of handling the chopper.

My problem with the Attack Helicopter is the limited ammo (too used to Faceless's "SPRAY. ALL THE AMMO." style of gunning in vehicles) + flares and lockons + THE STUPID FUCKING LOCK LIMIT AND PILOTS NOT KNOWING WHERE I'M AIMING ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*Helicopter is aiming at us as they turn left. I'm aiming right. LOCKED AND CAN'T FIRE BEHIND US*

... FUCK SAKE THEY'RE BEH--

*shot out of the sky*

Facism

Fair enough ^_^

Wish players couldn't spawn on a guy when he's suppressed or taking damage. So many times this past few weeks where i'm shooting a guy only for his teammate to pop up between us, take 0 dmg and then i get popped.

Mahonay

Banned
This is precisely my problem. I can fly them well enough, it's actually hitting targets in the air and on the ground. I've gotten much better with Scout helicopters in the past month. I'm still worthless in an attack chopper.

TheSeks

Wish players couldn't spawn on a guy when he's suppressed or taking damage. So many times this past few weeks where i'm shooting a guy only for his teammate to pop up between us, take 0 dmg and then i get popped.

SOON™.

CTE already has it, AND it saves you from spawning into a combat zone as soon as suppression happens.

One of the BETTER "suppression removes" changes. Unlike the stupid Ammo/Medicbag resupply/heal shut-down. >:|

Speaking of CTE: They're trying a reddit system out. Yeah, good luck getting "better feedback" from that.

This is precisely my problem. I can fly them well enough, it's actually hitting targets in the air and on the ground. I've gotten much better with Scout helicopters in the past month. I'm still worthless in an attack chopper.

A tip I have (if it's the same as BC2, again I haven't flown in ages due to the locks): The cross-hair + for the rockets will show where they will hit. I dunno if it's the same for the scout-helicopters (IIRC it isn't and is a "Jet-like" system where you have to aim UNDER it which throws me off) but that should help you up your game for the attack choppers. I dunno if it's the same for the non-primary rockets other stuff but there you go.

xinek

man, if only they could make people play Rush mode more by just making it more fun, like it used to be...

Seriously, why isn't Rush fun? I landed in some random Rush server a couple of weeks ago -- super intense battles both attacking and defending. It was almost impossible to tear myself away for at least a couple of hours. But, haven't been able to find a fun Rush game since. I don't know if people just don't play the objective hard enough or what, but it's often a complete snoozefest.

Seriously, why isn't Rush fun? I landed in some random Rush server a couple of weeks ago -- super intense battles both attacking and defending. It was almost impossible to tear myself away for at least a couple of hours. But, haven't been able to find a fun Rush game since. I don't know if people just don't play the objective hard enough or what, but it's often a complete snoozefest.

Mainly the utterly horrible level design for Rush in BF4, and some of the gadgets not transitioning well from Conquest to Rush (some become useless, others become OP)

BF4 maps are made for Conquest and Conquest only, which is why Rush sucks in this game.

TheSeks

Mainly the utterly horrible level design for Rush in BF4, and some of the gadgets not transitioning well from Conquest to Rush (some become useless, others become OP)

BF4 maps are made for Conquest and Conquest only, which is why Rush sucks in this game.

I'm glad you're here to say it and admit that DICE's Conquest-first map design fucked over Rush. Maybe next time they'll actually do the reverse which doesn't hinder Conquest if DICE is fucking smart and actually expands the maps outwards.
AKA: Look at fucking BC1 and do Rush/Conquest LIKE THAT. JESUS.

Actually play Chainlink often too.

People actually play that beyond the stupid assignments tied to it? :eek:

Sabotage and Rush with maybe Conquest if I feel like banging my head against musical flags. Otherwise the other modes are dead to me.

Too bad DICE didn't make Capture the Flag a "primary mode" like Sabotage to where it would be on more maps than like... 8? Probably would play that
if the mode wasn't dead since no one plays it.

Tubie

I'm glad you're here to say it and admit that DICE's Conquest-first map design fucked over Rush. Maybe next time they'll actually do the reverse which doesn't hinder Conquest if DICE is fucking smart and actually expands the maps outwards.
AKA: Look at fucking BC1 and do Rush/Conquest LIKE THAT. JESUS.

People actually play that beyond the stupid assignments tied to it? :eek:

Sabotage and Rush with maybe Conquest if I feel like banging my head against musical flags. Otherwise the other modes are dead to me.

Too bad DICE didn't make Capture the Flag a "primary mode" like Sabotage to where it would be on more maps than like... 8? Probably would play that
if the mode wasn't dead since no one plays it.

Why tho? Why risk making bad Conquest maps for the sake of the few people who like Rush? Makes more sense to focus on the most popular mode (by far).

TheSeks

Because if they're going to shoe-horn all modes into all maps, making a linear map first is easier to expand outwards for 4+ flags added to the map than making a big map with 5-7 flags and trying to pare down for Rush sets.

Why risk making bad Conquest maps for the sake of the few people who like Rush? Makes more sense to focus on the most popular mode (by far).

^^^^^^^^^^Battlefield (and CTE) fanbase in one quote right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^: LOL FUCK OTHER MODES THAT AREN'T CONQUEST. WHO CARES ABOUT THOSE!?

Me: Uh me and minority of players that would like to see said modes be improved if they actually had time given to them instead of DICE totally ignoring them and then shoe-horning them in badly (see: Rush-first reasoning above) as opposed to the opposite where Conquest wasn't badly hindered in shit like Bad Company 2 but had issues with DICE making elevations/linear maps that couldn't be expanded.

In fact if I had it my way:

BF5's modes that are available on Launch:

Sabotage
Rush
Conquest
Capture the Flag
Chain 5-Domination (since they're basically the same thing merge both modes)
Team Deathmatch

Expansion modes:

None. Thereby focusing on 6 modes, two of which are "Conquest based" and able to have the Conquest variant pared down for Chain Domination.

Sabotage and Capture the Flag are nearly the same thing but Capture the Flag needs symmetrical layouts nearly. So would help Sabotage's set placements for both sides.

Rush being in for the minority of players (like me) that want it.

Team Deathmatch for those that play that mode and want to simply shoot shit. Easy enough to include by carving out a section of the map to "box players in." Problem being spawn design, which wasn't fixed in BF4 from 3 but who knows...

In order of priority:

1) Rush. (Make a "linear" open map with flank routes for sets that are smartly designed)
2) Conquest (Now open the map up even more for flags that can be out WAY FURTHER OUT on the maps from 2 or 3 sets on the Rush base and those flags are "out of bounds" areas on Rush)
3) Sabotage/CTF/Chain Domination: Sets can now be placed for all of these based on Conquest's open map.
4) Team Deathmatch: Carve out an (semi-)open area of the Conquest map. Boom, done outside of having to make spawns and make the spawns not spawn you into enemy fire.

Simple enough, but DICE won't do it. And conversely if I was going to have it my way:

-Some maps would be Conquest only. Some would be Rush only. Since the other modes can mostly work in Conquest they can gain the Conquest only maps while Rush gets 2-3 map exclusives that don't have to focus on shoe-horning 4 modes in.

Improvements for ERRYBODY.

Nikashi

Banned
Hey I just finally got myself a proper gaming PC, and picked this up, just waiting for all the DLC to download ><

I'm NikashiBC on Origin, but I'm super noob at this game.

Tubie

Designing maps for Rush then turning them into Conquests may limit some of the ideas they have, or at the very least make it harder (or more time consuming) to pull off than going from Conquest first to (admittedly shitty) Rush maps. It makes sense in every single way to think Conquest first. They are a business and the main goal is to make money, not please a minority for who knows what reason and in the process risk pissing off the majority.

Why do you think they are having such a hard time selling people on Hardline? because that was shown as a 32 player game with new modes (mix of Rush and Capture the Flag), and the general reaction to it was bad. If I had to guess they delayed the game to add Conquest Large at the last minute. I hope I'm wrong and that wasn't the reason they delayed the game because it means we will get some very shitty Conquest maps.

It's a shitty deal for the minority, but you can always just speak with your wallet and not support Battlefield unless they cater to your tastes. Why give them money if they won't make a game that you find fun?

Mahonay

Banned
I'm of the train of thought that BF5 should have separate dedicated Rush maps. Something that resembles the flow of Damavand Peak from BF3.

While I play Battlefield primarily for the Conquest Large stuff, I do enjoy mixing in Rush, even if it's hit or miss in the current game.

Rush can be really amazing if done correctly when you look back to Bad Company 2. If they could capture even a fraction of that magic going with dedicated Rush maps I would be ecstatic.

Facism

Spawned recon as a mistake, didn't think anything of it, i'll just change class on death.

Didn't die, got stuck as cunt-class all game. Commander kept re-dropping supply boxes as i was trying to swap ingame so it would register. Couldn't find dropped kits because they were either recon too or assaults with medpacks instead of medboxes.

VariantX

Designing maps for Rush then turning them into Conquests may limit some of the ideas they have, or at the very least make it harder (or more time consuming) to pull off than going from Conquest first to (admittedly shitty) Rush maps. It makes sense in every single way to think Conquest first. They are a business and the main goal is to make money, not please a minority for who knows what reason and in the process risk pissing off the majority.

Why do you think they are having such a hard time selling people on Hardline? because that was shown as a 32 player game with new modes (mix of Rush and Capture the Flag), and the general reaction to it was bad. If I had to guess they delayed the game to add Conquest Large at the last minute. I hope I'm wrong and that wasn't the reason they delayed the game because it means we will get some very shitty Conquest maps.

It's a shitty deal for the minority, but you can always just speak with your wallet and not support Battlefield unless they cater to your tastes. Why give them money if they won't make a game that you find fun?

I'm pretty sure they're having a hard time with Hardline because alot of hands impressions said that it plays far too close to BF3/4 and felt like a mod of those games. Also, they screwed up BF4's launch and it took them over half a year to get it to a decently play able state so the word was pretty much out on EA and the Battlefield franchise as a whole at that point.

TheSeks

No it doesn't. And to expand on this: DICE has the tools available to actually make mode specific maps for each of the maps. They just choose to short-change the modes by making a "base map" and then not expanding outwards to make each of the maps mode-specific with specific features.

In fact they had players REDOWNLOAD about 10 gigs of map data in CTE in the past when they changed the map sets. Why do you think that was? Because gasp the maps contain the mode data and they can't simply change the sets "on the fly"/in the servers to place them in new areas. They also have to add new cover/etc. for those sets.

Also way to ignore what I just said about "LOL WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE OTHER MODES AND GIVING THEM A PRIORITY WHILE CONQUEST IS POPULAR!" You're basically playing/doing what I'm saying the community does. Sticks their heads in the sand and LALALALALALALALALALA's the problem/ignores it and hopes it goes away.

NEWSFLASH: Some people don't want to play Conquest in Battlefield. In all honesty, I have probably played a max of 12 hours of it in BF4. Whereas the bulk of my 600-800 hours has been 50/50 Rush/Sabotage (probably 60/40 while about to lopside toward 40/60 since Rush is fucked and DICE-LA have no intentions of fixing it beyond lipservice)

And expanding the maps outward would be FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR easier than making a map like Shanghai and then trying to do Rush maps.

Hardline's major problem is coming two years after BF4 and not differentating the modes from what we already have. Like you said the new modes are a "mix of Rush and Capture the Flag" or "Conquest but mobile." Here's the thing: No one wants twists on already established modes. There is a Rush fanbase there, as "minor" of a base they are there and actually making maps first for them is easier to expand outwards with more routes/etc for Conquest than it is making a huge Conquest map with sparse points and barely any cover for infantry to move forward because Conquest maps want players to use vehicles, something Rush isn't really focused on.

And to repeat myself: Look at BC1. BC1 focused on Rush and Rush exclusively at launch. It had 6-8 maps for Rush and they all played well. Conquest was later added using a mix of previous Rush maps (which played well because *gasp* BC1's variant of Rush was WIDE-OPEN but actually made sense in giving infantry ways to attempt to reach the objectives, especially for 32 players) and Single-player campaign maps. It isn't like DICE can't do that again.

Here's the thing: I already found a replacement for Rush while I continue to bitch about Rush. *gasp* TOTALLY POSSIBLE I KNOW. Why can't I bitch about them fucking over a mode and ways to improve it while not actually hindering the majority by giving said mode the "focus" and expanding from there, as opposed to the opposite?

Oh, because "LOL WHO CARES ABOUT RUSH/SABOTAGE/OTHER MODES HERE. GIVE US CONQUEST AND CONQUEST ONLY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" -You, Battlefield's majority fanbase, and CTE "testers" along with DICE-LA who gives "oh we love Rush!" responses. Then:

Me: "Yeah, but do you guys actually PLAY it in Live with 64 players or 32 players and see set design issues?!"

T1gge: "*Crickets*/ignores my question and continues to answer other people in CONQUEST servers for testing"

So really with all honesty: Fuck the Conquest playerbase. I can't give 2 shits about them if they can't see where I'm coming from. I'll admit Bad Company 2's Conquest maps were weak. BUT that was because DICE decided 3 flags for 32 players was "more than enough" and then put them in straight lines and other such bullshit instead of changing elevation/map designs around to fit the mode into the maps (or just make certain maps mode exclusive)

I still think the "Rush first, Conquest expanding second." Would work fabulously. It'd solve SO MANY ISSUES with the map designs for ALL modes. Even better: Make the map changes mode specific to where Shanghai Rush isn't the same as Shanghai Conquest in terms of looks and "feel"/routes. For instance, why isn't Shanghai Rush on the outskirts of the city? OH BECAUSE THAT REQUIRES MORE DEVELOPMENT THAN MAKING ONE BASE MAP AND SHOE-HORNING MODES INTO IT! LOLOLOL! -DICE.

I'm pretty sure they're having a hard time with Hardline because alot of hands impressions said that it plays far too close to BF3/4 and felt like a mod of those games. Also, they screwed up BF4's launch and it took them over half a year to get it to a decently play able state so the word was pretty much out on EA and the Battlefield franchise as a whole at that point.

This as well.

Hardline's problems are:

-Coming on the heels of BF4 which was broken as fuck on launch and still was broken as fuck when EA announced Hardline.
-"Alpha" beta that showed off modes which were half-baked.
-"Loudouts" and UI for said "beta" was a complete joke and half-assed to where it felt like a "mod."

Player count is the least of the issue. There is a lot of players that will play 32 players if that's the only thing available and vice-versa for 64-players. Player count is the LEAST of the problem for Hardline.

TheSeks

RT "@dirtydeathdog #BFHardline Modes - Heist, Hotwire, Rescue, Crosshair, TDM, Conquest & Blood Money. Check out website for more info!"

---

RIP in Pepperoni's Rush. I guess even Visceral can't design for you first and then add Conquest.

Oh well, thanks for saving me $60 dollars, EA. Much obliged like Titanflop.

Will wait for the return of the king, DICE-DICE to make Battlefield 5 and
fuck up Rush
bring Rush back with Sabotage.

Hilarious that they're forcing the Conquest playerbase making players play Rush to unlock the other modes for the "beta" which will be half-assed if Heist and Bloodmoney are anything to go by.

Ocho

Seks, are you a designer at DICE? How do you know what is easier to do? I feel you are making assumptions from thin air.

so having just gotten the premium version of BF4...is the levolution stuff just for the vanilla maps? i haven't seen it at all on any of the other maps i've played

Tubie

"LOL WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE OTHER MODES AND GIVING THEM A PRIORITY WHILE CONQUEST IS POPULAR!"

Oh, because "LOL WHO CARES ABOUT RUSH/SABOTAGE/OTHER MODES HERE. GIVE US CONQUEST AND CONQUEST ONLY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" -You, Battlefield's majority fanbase, and CTE "testers" along with DICE-LA who gives "oh we love Rush!" responses.

Fuck the Conquest playerbase. I can't give 2 shits about them if they can't see where I'm coming from.

OH BECAUSE THAT REQUIRES MORE DEVELOPMENT THAN MAKING ONE BASE MAP AND SHOE-HORNING MODES INTO IT! LOLOLOL! -DICE.

The way you respond makes me feel like I've been super rude to you or offensive. I've actually gone back to my posts to see if something I said came out wrong or something. And even if I can't see it, sorry if what I said came off in a wrong or abrasive way, I have nothing personal against you or anyone who enjoys Rush. I said this current system sucks for the people who like Rush, and you should punish EA/DICE for not doing a better job on it by not buying their games. You can also talk about it and defend your points, I never said you shouldn't do that.

No it doesn't. And to expand on this: DICE has the tools available to actually make mode specific maps for each of the maps.

We actually agree on this issue way more than you might think, the reason I want them to keep the Conquest first idea is because I don't trust them to ever do more than the bare minimum.

Sure they have the tools and the talent to make that happen. The reason the current Rush maps suck is because DICE either was budget constrained or they simply did the bare minimum possible to get the game released as soon possible.

Sticks their heads in the sand and LALALALALALALALALALA's the problem/ignores it and hopes it goes away.

I'm not sticking my head in the sand, I've acknowledged in my posts that Rush has issues and that it sucks. I'm all for them doing Rush only maps if that's what it takes to make the mode good. I just don't trust them to do Rush maps then expand them into Conquest. I personally don't think it would end well for the reasons I pointed above.

NEWSFLASH: Some people don't want to play Conquest in Battlefield.

I know people who only play TDM in BF4. I'm not against other modes and I know a lot people enjoy BF4 without enjoying Conquest.

And expanding the maps outward would be FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR easier than making a map like Shanghai and then trying to do Rush maps.

This is where we have to agree to disagree, I think the only solution would be Rush only maps. They can do it. Why don't they? because it would cost them extra money. It's a shitty attitude publishers/devs have and I don't approve of at all.

I'll admit Bad Company 2's Conquest maps were weak. BUT that was because DICE decided 3 flags for 32 players was "more than enough" and then put them in straight lines and other such bullshit instead of changing elevation/map designs around to fit the mode into the maps (or just make certain maps mode exclusive)

This is my point man. I want them to fix Rush without ruining Conquest. And this is definitely not the first time I heard someone say Conquest maps in BC and BC2 sucked.

Even better: Make the map changes mode specific to where Shanghai Rush isn't the same as Shanghai Conquest in terms of looks and "feel"/routes. For instance, why isn't Shanghai Rush on the outskirts of the city? OH BECAUSE THAT REQUIRES MORE DEVELOPMENT THAN MAKING ONE BASE MAP AND SHOE-HORNING MODES INTO IT! LOLOLOL! -DICE.

This is all I've ever wanted.

Ocho

The way you respond makes me feel like I've been super rude to you or offensive. I've actually gone back to my posts to see if something I said came out wrong or something. And even if I can't see it, sorry if what I said came off in a wrong or abrasive way, I have nothing personal against you or anyone who enjoys Rush. I said this current system sucks for the people who like Rush, and you should punish EA/DICE for not doing a better job on it by not buying their games. You can also talk about it and defend your points, I never said you shouldn't do that.

That's the Seks way of responding to everything. I'm starting to agree with some people that dislike him.

Top Bottom