• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

BC2 focused on Rush mode with the map design, and it could've had great Conquest maps too. Personally it was never an issue as BC2 was a spinoff with a different focus in mind, and that's fine.

If the latest example of DICE working on Rush mode first then expanding on to Conquest has shown to be a total shitshow, what makes anyone think that it wouldn't happen again they go back on focusing on Rush? Especially considering they did a similar thing in BF4 by focusing on Conquest first. If this was a BC game I could understand the disappointment, but it's not.

Writing in all caps doesn't help your points nor the way people look at your posts, Seks.

Edit: It's not just the maps either, gadgets also play a role in this like I mentioned earlier. If a Rush map in BF4 is outdoors:

MAVs can easily spot at least half of the enemy team (like they already do in most of Rush mode in BF4 maps).

UCAVs are even more effective than in Conquest.

Mortars are also much more effective than in Conquest.

Lock-On weapons also render any aircraft completely useless because of Rush map design. I'm sure I'm missing a few here, but you get the idea.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh Jesus, this reddit system is already awful. A few legit concerns are brought up and downvoted into oblivion.

CTE/Battlefield community™

terrible

Banned
CQ and Rush are so different that you'd probably have to rebalance vehicles separately at minimum for both modes if you wanted them to be par. Entirely different maps made specifically for each mode is probably needed too. You might even have to have the weapons balanced differently for each mode. Basically they'd be different games.

That's not likely to happen so we have to deal with one mode being the "lead", and with CQ being the main seller for the series Rush will probably always get shafted unless they make a new BC game.

Ark

Speaking of Rush, I really hope Battlefront has a rush variant. That would really be amazing.

I agree with Seks 100% though. I've been playing loads of rush lately.

xinek

Any of you who play a lot of Rush or anything other than Conquest on PS4, go ahead and add me (legilimens). I usually play weeknights, although sometimes I'll have a good long session on a weekend. Oh, I'm in the US Central time zone. I really like Rambo-ing into the objective if you're looking for a meat shield. Actually, that mostly happens when I get fed up with blueberries not pushing the objective.

If Rush was made to accommodate 64 players I might play it, might.

I don't see a point in playing modes with less than 64 players, I'd just buy the last Gen version or play COD if I wanted less than 64 players.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Speaking of Rush, I really hope Battlefront has a rush variant. That would really be amazing.

I agree with Seks 100% though. I've been playing loads of rush lately.

I usually do not like Rush because I think it becomes repetitive and stale.

Conquest used to be my favorite mode, but I think it just becomes a circle merry-go-round, no one defends flags and tries to kill the opposition to bleed them out.

Facism

If Rush was made to accommodate 64 players I might play it, might.

I don't see a point in playing modes with less than 64 players, I'd just buy the last Gen version or play COD if I wanted less than 64 players.

if battlfield 4 maps were made to accommodate 64 players, i might play 64p matches instead of 32p. I find the game a tactical write-off and a spammy mess of a game with any more players than that :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I pretty much only play Conquest.

Hardline looks kinda cool huh? The game modes sounds really really interesting.

tried playing this on pc yesterday. I got bored in 5 mins. I am done with the bf3 formula

i hope that star wars game plays different. Looking forward to it

For me Rush is the most enjoyable mode in Battlefield.

Its tactical and the feeling of successfully suppressing or supporting an objective push is amazing. There is also a front line to combat which cuts back on being flanked via lucky spawn.

How vocal has the BF community been in having dedicated Rush maps in BF5?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
For me Rush is the most enjoyable mode in Battlefield.

Its tactical and the feeling of successfully suppressing or supporting an objective push is amazing. There is also a front line to combat which cuts back on being flanked via lucky spawn.

How vocal has the BF community been in having dedicated Rush maps in BF5?

There is a frontline to combat on smaller Conquest maps too. Actually, there's a frontline on most good conquest maps, e.g., ones with less vehicles because there's more infantry on the ground. The flag placement plays a huge role though.

To me, BF2 had some of the best conquest maps that kept the action tightly packed and fierce. Now everything is so spread out...that unless you're in a vehicle, it's basically a ghost town. Not to mention that it becomes a huge merry-go-round every time with the flags, cap flags, flags lost, rotate and keep going in a huge circle.

I miss the conquest assault maps, where if you had all the flags, the game was over, and if you had three out of four flags...the bleed rate was fast and the match was over in less than a minute if the opposition didn't cap a flag.

Ark

I pretty much only play Conquest.

Hardline looks kinda cool huh? The game modes sounds really really interesting.

The more I see of Hardline the more interested I am, even though the beta they already had was crappy. Crosshair looks like a really fun game mode, I'm looking forward to the beta. Only problem is the game comes out at pretty much the same time as Bloodborne.

Pollux

Is it still possible to buy the base game and have plenty of people playing, or do I need all the expansions as well?

xinek

Is it still possible to buy the base game and have plenty of people playing, or do I need all the expansions as well?

In the server browser, I see the base maps almost always highly populated. Most of the people I play with have Premium, but when someone joins with just the base game, it's no big deal at all to find plenty of games. If anything, modes other than Conquest are less well populated in the DLC maps. Which is sad -- I love Obliteration and Rush.

Lulu23

I would play conquest more, but as of now Rush remains my favorite game mode. Not only because I like the mode more, but because in 64 player servers the game doesn't run at 60 fps anymore when anything is happening.
Smaller player count modes feel pretty much locked at 60 fps.

Mahonay

Banned
Any of you BattleBros get into the Planetside 2 PS4 beta? Looking to give it a spin for the first time tonight. Playing with Battlefield players would be pretty nice.

how is rush still this bad in BF4

I feel like it's pretty okay on console because the skill level is so much lower, but on PC a good team defending always, always wrecks the attackers.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Damn. Now I'm tempted to jump back in. My only issue is I could never figure out flying lol

What platform are you on? I don't know how it is on PC, but the default configuration on consoles is terrible, and you should most certainly change them to veteran.

Definitely
Silly peasants

This isn't meant to offend but the skill level on PS4 is not comparable to PC.

There are tons more squads working together, better aim, better objective play, and better skill on PC.

That is not a knock against the PS4 because I still have a lot of fun on Rush - because you can actually have close games sometimes vs ramming your head against a brick wall in the PC version.

I am someone who played 300+ hours of TF2 on Xbox 360 so I am well familiar with PC games that are played on Console

TheSeks

As Kane saw earlier today: DICE-LA does not playtest modes, confirmed.

Javelin city-a-hoy-hoy.

64 player Rush can't be that bad, right?

cb689f49a2.jpg

ii8uvy2uu4ckrk4bvr.gif

Tubie

Damn. Now I'm tempted to jump back in. My only issue is I could never figure out flying lol

PS4:

Chainlink: full server
Carrier assault small: empty server
Carrier assault: full server
Air superiority: empty server
Capture the flag: empty server
Defuse: full server
Domination: empty server
Squad DM: full on second try
Rush: empty server
Obliteration: full server
TDM: full server
Conquest small: full server
Conquest: full on second try

I tried every mode tonight with the quick match option (all base BF4 except for the modes that require an expansion). If I got an empty server I would try again 4 more times.

If you enjoy Conquest, then the game is fine I guess. Some of the empty modes are probably used at some point during day.

It also seems base maps and modes are far more popular than expansion maps and modes so have no fear on that front.

Wow
CTF on Metro is totally fucked. You can lock the enemy out of their flag area.

Edit: Stingers/Iglas no longer have a minimum lock-on distance?

So I try to log in to Battlelog but I'm banned. I have no idea why so I check my transaction history, sure enough some mofo tried to order Fifa 15.
So apparently my account was hacked. I'm never careless with my account info so I can only assume it's EA's fault with their shitty security, somone probably hacked in to their servers and got a bunch of passwords. Thanks EA.

So I try to log in to Battlelog but I'm banned. I have no idea why so I check my transaction history, sure enough some mofo tried to order Fifa 15.
So apparently my account was hacked. I'm never careless with my account info so I can only assume it's EA's fault with their shitty security, somone probably hacked in to their servers and got a bunch of passwords. Thanks EA.

talk to EA support. they're pretty good at handling this.

TheSeks

Admin's team switch Kane and I after we win them... three rounds in a row. Proceed to take two sets as we then hold the last set.

Thank you for the win, badmins. <3 Though that Rouge Second Set Tower Defense shit is stupid as hell. They removed the cables in the Rush update "fix"es but allow the defense to get up there. CUAV can't even climb up because it hits a weird "flight ceiling" if you fire it from further back in the first set spawns to attempt to hit the tower. SUAV can go up but trying to needle the damn thing through the railings is damn near impossible.

Meanwhile a PLD sniper and Javelin can rain hell on the first set.

DICE™ fixes™. Thank you DICE-LA! <3
SMH

64 player Rush can't be that bad, right?

You're the one that wanted that, Mr. "#TeamGreen."

That said, outside of badmins, I remember why I love that mode when we did 32-players. That last set defense on Lancang was intense. Especially after that previous defense round before the team switch when we ROFLstomped the team we were switched to in the starting base.

Also yelling I need ammo until I'm hoarse doesn't get old. Nope no siree.

Ark

Apparently the Hard line beta is going to go live on Feb 3rd. No real source except some guy posting on the Hard line subreddit. It makes sense though, given how close we are to the release now.

I really hope it doesn't suck.

Ark

Given the "Alpha" it's got a mountain to move for a lot of people.

I felt like the initial offering showed a .... concept with potential. Hopefully the delay has allowed them to act on that. Hopefully the guns don't feel so plastic-y as they did in the previous beta.

And are those class-specific experience boosts?!

Wow
CTF on Metro is totally fucked. You can lock the enemy out of their flag area.

Edit: Stingers/Iglas no longer have a minimum lock-on distance?

conquest in metro just ends up being a churn in the tunnels where the escalators are. i don't know why people love that map for conquest outside of maybe some sort of BF3 nostalgia thing.

TheSeks

The player-count was fine. The major problem with Hardline for me was:

-shit UI that felt like a mod
-Modes that weren't properly thought out
-Paper thin cars that could be destroyed with infantry guns in seconds and milliseconds with the armored car.
-Said armored car was TOO STRONG in the right hands and camping right spots to where engineers couldn't take them out and since they were resistant to small-arms, neigh impossible to take out
-Map design that didn't cater to the modes to where the rounds would end in seconds flat.

Heist being the notable example. Get to the rush points. Get up to the building north of "B." Use the Zipline to go across to the other tower and to the street level deposit areas if the defending/cop team was idiots and didn't protect that skyscraper access.

Round over in seconds. Same could be said for Blood Money.

I'll give the beta a chance to change my mind, but so far Visceral isn't really on solid footing if they even had one in regards to doing a Battlefield title in multiplayer.

Oh and that reminds me that they gave you a grapple hook that you couldn't use for more than maybe 2-3 areas. Why even give you that? Why not make it a Battlepickup? The zipline was at least more useful.

conquest in metro just ends up being a churn in the tunnels where the escalators are. i don't know why people love that map for conquest outside of maybe some sort of BF3 nostalgia thing.

BF3 Metro Rush was actually kinda interesting if a slog. You had to work as a TEAM to get to the sets and arm them. "Lockers" as the fanbase calls them for third set B was the only problem area (IMO) on the map.

BF4 changed the entire first set to where it's a complete cluster fuck even attempting to reach that set. Especially with CUAV and Mortars going off every few seconds and barely any cover compared to BF3's first set to even reach the crates via smoke. Blech.

Edit: Thinking on it the "tunnels" second set were also a problem area. The small "air-shaft" tunnel that was high-grounds for attackers could be bipod sniped as a prone defender in said tunnel if you retreated quickly after first set was taken and since you couldn't "ground deform" the area to crush that mini-tunnel as attackers, you were basically shooting fish in a barrel if people were idiots and didn't go for the tunnel/metro tunnels "proper."

Ramirez

I still can't wrap my brain around DICE not offering servers that rotate all maps. I'm never buying premium again, pretty much every Rush server on the DLC maps is not full on the Xbox One, meh.

Top Bottom